Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Vanquish is a different type of game. Platforming would just ruin the pacing.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@killered3 said:

I'm not saying which is better. That's just subject to opinion.

As good as Vanquish is, it's way too short to compete with Uncharted 4.

Well that was quick.

@killered3 said: Just that Uncharted 4 is a longer game which is true no matter how you spin at it.

And this matters how?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@ConanTheStoner:

It matters depending on how much bang you want for your buck. Though then again, I dunno how much they're charging for Vanquish on pc. If it's anywhere around 20 or less, it's worth it.

Also no, Uncharted is not really as platform-oriented as Mario so Mario would win that by default. And innovation considering Nintendo's crazy controllers.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

@killered3: For those who actually buy Bayonetta on PC, we PC gamers get a discount on Vanquish for $15 and that's a hell of a deal and Sega is doing a hell of a job supporting PC now more then ever.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ConanTheStoner
@killered3 said:

It matters depending on how much bang you want for your buck. Though then again, I dunno how much they're charging for Vanquish on pc. If it's anywhere around 20 or less, it's worth it.

It's 20 bucks, though "bang for your buck" is entirely subjective. I'd much rather pay 60 for Vanquish than an Uncharted game.

Vanquish plays much better than Uncharted and has much higher replay value. Platinum games aren't even meant to be one-off experiences, the first run through is basically your tutorial.

But if game length is your argument, then Uncharted shouldn't be full priced at all, as there are tons of games out there that are way longer. Really man, do you even know what you're arguing here or are you just saying random stuff? lol.

@killered3 said:

Also no, Uncharted is not really as platform-oriented as Mario so Mario would win that by default.

Cool, I was just referring to something you said not too long ago. Glad to know you've seen the light as that's not at all what you said before.

Maybe here in a few months you'll see how silly this Uncharted/Vanquish game length argument is.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nepu7supastar7

@ConanTheStoner:

Yeah, 20 is about right. Though it wasn't really an argument. If I pay 60 for a game, I want to know that it'll keep me busy for a while and I felt pretty pissed off after I bought Vanquish for 50 and finished it all in one sitting. It was fun though but goddamn that length!!

I dunno what I said about Uncharted being a better platformer than Mario though. Maybe I was high. I'm not now though.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ZombieProof
Member since 2016 • 359 Posts

@Pedro said:
@zombieproof said:

That opinion by no means has a universal adapter. The quality of soft and sharp shadows is completely beholden to the overall art style the game employs.

No. Its not an opinion. If you want better shadows you don't use stencil laser sharp alias friendly shadows. This not a toon shaded game nor is it aiming for that style. The style argument cannot save your point here because the game is going for stylized realism and their shadow choice directly conflicts with that.

Since we're just bandying opinions around like a ball and chain willy nilly like they're some kinda fact, I'd like to state that it looks awesome to me...

...or you could provide a link on where you got the rules on how and where to use stencil sharp alias friendly shadows. I'm fine either way *shrugs*

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Glad to know. I'll be picking it up soon with bayonetta. Just haven't had the time to play games atm.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Partly downloaded now. Had to head into work on my day off, so I didn't leave it running. Good to hear it's a good port... I bought Bayonetta and Vanquish together with the discount.

The game was dope on the 360, so i'll be more than happy to play this at 1080p/60.

Avatar image for deactivated-592eb1f2b4367
deactivated-592eb1f2b4367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 deactivated-592eb1f2b4367
Member since 2017 • 168 Posts

@killered3 said:

@Bread_or_Decide:

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:

oh snap. Uncharted and quantum just got CHAMPED.

lol

@Juub1990 said:

I thought you liked Uncharted 4.

lol, it's more like a love/hate relationship. The combat stuff is mostly really good, with some great spaces for said combat (though a few balancing issues on Crushing), but the rest of the game is so mind numbingly boring to sit through.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Who ever thought Vanquish was gonna be a huge hit, many years after it released initial?

I think it goes to show it was way ahead of its time. I'm glad it's finally seeing the light of day.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jaydan

@killered3 said:

@Bread_or_Decide:

The longevity of Uncharted 4 isn't necessarily something to brag about either.

Compared to Vanquish, though, Uncharted is a very generic third-person shooter, with pretty graphics and a heart of gold.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@jaydan said:

Who ever thought Vanquish was gonna be a huge hit, many years after it released initial?

I think it goes to show it was way ahead of its time. I'm glad it's finally seeing the light of day.

It got praise in its day.... I bought it and its so much better not being a blurry mess that it was on ps3. Thanks for the port

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jaydan

@Advid-Gamer said:
@jaydan said:

It got praise in its day.... I bought it and its so much better not being a blurry mess that it was on ps3. Thanks for the port

It got so much praise back in its day and hardly anyone bought it. NOW, I think it's going to have its day.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

It's not fair to compare Vanquish to any Uncharted game. Naughty Dog has no Shinji Mikami!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jg4xchamp

@jaydan said:
@Advid-Gamer said:

It got so much praise back in its day and hardly anyone bought it. NOW, I think it's going to have its day.

hardly anyone is gonna get it now, it's more a cult favorite than some big hit. It's the type of game an enthusiast would play, not necessarily the normies.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 nepu7supastar7

@jaydan:

A 15 hour playthrough is pretty damn good for a game like Uncharted 4. That's pretty good for any adventure game.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 jaydan
@killered3 said:

@jaydan:

A 15 hour playthrough is pretty damn good for a game like Uncharted 4. That's pretty good for any adventure game.

I guess it's just been a while since I played short games like that, the weekend games as I'd like to call them.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jaydan

@jg4xchamp said:
@jaydan said:
@Advid-Gamer said:

hardly anyone is gonna get it now, it's more a cult favorite than some big hit. It's the type of game an enthusiast would play, not necessarily the normies.

Luckily PC is full of enthusiasts, ready to buy Vanquish.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ConanTheStoner

I could see it outselling the console versions on the slow burn, especially at these lower prices and how word of mouth carries so many PC games.

But I'm not expecting it to set the world on fire.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@killered3: Annoying that all U do is keep talking about uncharted in a vanquish thread. Stop already

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

Does it support 21.9?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#75  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69431 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@killered3 said:

@Pedro:

You never even played it.

But he watched it which is the same.

I have all the Batman games. You guys are too silly.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

bought it when I bought Bayonetta...only hope I didn't have the same problem running Bayonetta really bad framerates (solved)..with Vanquish

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

@p3anut: It does really well. You need to add a command line to the game though.

And also a command line to put it on 95 fov.

But yeah I'm playing this at 21:9 and with kb/m and it's a treat !

See the sticky in steam community hub for the command lines.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#78  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@koko-goal said:

It's not fair to compare Vanquish to any Uncharted game. Naughty Dog has no Shinji Mikami!

Mikami is the OG. RE4 and Vanquish are still the pinnacle of TPS.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Interesting, on Ps3 I much prefered Vanquish over Bayonetta (to be fair the latter played like ass on Ps3), but now it's the other way around.

Bayonetta provides that sense of action-awesome-smoothness more so than Vanquish. I think the latter has a bit of an issue with its combat pacing. More specifically I'm not entirely sold on the balance between rocket slide and overheating. You can only slide in vey short bursts which makes combat feel a bit choppy. On top of that the fact that melee automatically overheat I think adds to this. I would like longer stretches of awesome. It could be balanced out by say having more enemies or something. It's not that I want the game overall easier.

One idea would be to have say puddles of water (or something cooler lol) so if you slide over them your suit would cool down. That way there would at least be a way to prolong your sliding if you plan a good route.

There's another issue with Vanquish and that is the weapon impact feedback. It's not that strong. When you shoot a robot with a shotgun at point blank there needs to be way more ompf. I wish they had some of that Binary Domain tech. I understand this has a lot to do with hardware limitations back in the day. Still it is very noticeable sadly.

Don't get me wrong, I still love it. I'm just saying they need to make a sequel and tweak some of these things...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jg4xchamp

Apparently the game is harder because of the higher framerate. You take more damage the more frames you have, so those of you getting your ass beat, maybe wait for a patch first lol.

I knew the game's logic would be tied to framerate.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Sushiglutton

@jg4xchamp said:

Apparently the game is harder because of the higher framerate. You take more damage the more frames you have, so those of you getting your ass beat, maybe wait for a patch first lol.

So the more expensive rig you have, the more you will suffer. Seems fair.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#83 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I play at 144hz. I demand justice!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Sushiglutton

@Wasdie said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I play at 144hz. I demand justice!

Ha, serves you right! My trusty old 580 means I don't even have to take cover.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#85 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

So the game is unbalanced?

Hope they patch it asap

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

@Sushiglutton: Shoot lock dat frame rate to 60 or 30 if you want easy mode. I'm thinking 4k 60 should be good tho. Looking forward to buying it tonight.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

They've had no pressure, so they can really make it work.

I'd love it is good sales might make them consider a sequel.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

They've had no pressure, so they can really make it work I guess, even with a small team. IDK, maybe it doesn't work like that.

I'd love it is good sales might make them consider a sequel.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#89 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

Overall it's great, but I'm getting random dips to 40-30fps at 4K on my GTX 1080. Also the cut-scenes don't run smoothly and their audio is way too loud. Still, it's one of my favourite games from last gen so I'm not too bothered.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jg4xchamp

@mjorh said:
@jg4xchamp said:

So the game is unbalanced?

Hope they patch it asap

Not unbalanced, but harder now, because the framerate makes normal hard mode basically ;p

So don't try hard mode/God Hard at all until it's patched. The thing is Vanquish isn't exactly Bayonetta, where not getting hit isn't an option. Since enemies have hit detection weapons.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#91 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Yeah, I've started on Normal and it's a bit hard but not frustrating. And I'm having a blast, it's incredibly fun!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Sushiglutton

@Phreek300 said:

@Sushiglutton: Shoot lock dat frame rate to 60 or 30 if you want easy mode. I'm thinking 4k 60 should be good tho. Looking forward to buying it tonight.

Not sure what framerate corresponds to the console versions difficulty. I guess 20-ish :p?

I think I noticed it getting meleed and insta dying against a standard villain. Don't remember melee being that brutal on Ps3?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

Not unbalanced, but harder now, because the framerate makes normal hard mode basically ;p

So don't try hard mode/God Hard at all until it's patched. The thing is Vanquish isn't exactly Bayonetta, where not getting hit isn't an option. Since enemies have hit detection weapons.

I'm playing on Hard and just passed the first boss and you might be right. The game is definitely more difficult than I remember lol.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

@Sushiglutton: 24 FPS GOD MODE!!! Ha, that made me laugh. I will say after buying it is harder than the console version. Everything is sooo much faster. I still have enjoyed it immensely so far.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#95 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

So i start playing it game.. been playing it for hour. and its no different than any other cover based shooter. except here you slide and go in slo mo.

Its mediocre game. like i expected. its fast gears of war.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

So i start playing it game.. been playing it for hour. and its no different than any other cover based shooter. except here you slide and go in slo mo.

if you are playing it like any other cover based shooter, you are playing it wrong

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Ghosts4ever

@howmakewood said:
@ghosts4ever said:

if you are playing it like any other cover based shooter, you are playing it wrong

then what is the best way to play it?

by sliding and go slo mo? that also get old fast.

it is cover based shooter. you have to take cover and theres no jump mechanic.

its shooting mechanic suck.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

Played Vanquish this past weekend, playing it on PC now is a hell of a new beast then it was for me during PS3 version years ago. The stable framerate on its own makes it feel like a completely different game, no more of that motion blur BS cause that's what prevent me from finishing the game back on PS3. I'd argue even if you played the game when it launched on consles years ago, it's still well worth rebuying the PC version, you won't regret it!

That said, Vanquish does has that Metal Gear Solid vibe going for, so it's a nice bonus to this game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Ghosts4ever

Just got refund and uninstalled it after playing an hour almost.

terrible game. just terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-592eb1f2b4367
deactivated-592eb1f2b4367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 deactivated-592eb1f2b4367
Member since 2017 • 168 Posts

@ghosts4ever said: