Vanishing of Ethan carter no longer PC exclusive.

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Ouch

Looking back at way people were hyping this because it was supposed to be a PC exclusive is funny now. Who didn't see this coming?

Looking back at the "this is why I game on PC" posts and the posters arguing tooth and nail about how the game wasn't possible on consoles is quite amusing to see.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/vanishing-of-ethan-carter-for-pc-photoreleastic-gr-31174465/

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

So, in your opinion. Which version will it look better on? PS4 or PC?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Lol this will get locked again.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

we really need another locked thread on this?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/do-hermits-still-believe-that-good-gfx-pc-games-ca-31493232/#9

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/vanishing-of-ethan-carter-for-pc-photoreleastic-gr-31174465/?page=2#js-message-342652898

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kinectthedots

NOTE: first thread locked (no reason or violation of SW rules) so I made this one.

A Mod/s just seem to be locking threads of subjects they don't like so if there is a problem with what is here that issue should be explicitly stated instead of locking no explanation.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Didn't your other thread just get locked for being too fanboyish... on system wars... i think you need to get out more.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

So does this mean the game counts now?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#8 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Snugenz said:

Didn't your other thread just get locked for being too fanboyish... on system wars... i think you need to get out more.

It did. His poll reeked with fanboyism.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kinectthedots

@CrownKingArthur said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/do-hermits-still-believe-that-good-gfx-pc-games-ca-31493232/#9

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/vanishing-of-ethan-carter-for-pc-photoreleastic-gr-31174465/?page=2#js-message-342652898

Why exactly?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

So does this mean the game counts now?

now that its on the PS4 its worth posting in GOTY lists

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

Vanishing of Ethan carter no longer PC exclusive

Ouch

What difference does that make? It's still on PC.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

really? you needed to do this for a third time?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RoboCopISJesus

@kinectthedots said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Why exactly?

lol that gfx thread. PC has the best looking games every gen, getting a shitty looking port won't change that.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kinectthedots

@Snugenz said:

If threads were locked for being "fanboyish" then there would be no threads on SW. There was no violation of SW rules and your accusation about my thread being fanboyism is simply because of your own fanboyism. There is nothing else to say.

I posted factual information backed up by links and evidence to support my argument. Just because I have a lean or preference doesn't make my argument any less valid.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

If threads were locked for being "fanboyish" then there would be no threads on SW. There was no violation of SW rules and your accusation about my thread being fanboyism is simply because of your own fanboyism. There is nothing else to say.

I posted factual information backed up by links and evidence to support my argument. Just because I have a lean or preference doesn't make my argument any less valid.

so why was it locked then?

Pretty sure that poll and thread title qualified as Fanboy wars

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I hope it's a good game.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CrownKingArthur

because nothing's changed for scatteh316 - you singled him out. and yet technically speaking 'this is why he games on pc' would still ring true.
the game is still coming. The resolution he can achieve is already superior. you singled him out and i've got no idea how you're owning him at all.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Snugenz

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

I have no fanboyism first off, secondly i have no proof of this as i'm not a mod, but after reading the opening post in that thread it's a safe bet that it was locked because it was too fanboyish, just like most of the shit you post.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

So why was it locked then?

Because the majority of mods on here are PC/xbox fanboys who are biased like all other users. Having more authority doesn't suddenly cleanse fanboys of biases they had before they became mods.

My thread was fine. I asked a question in my OP of the last thread, I had a funny lean in my poll options whoopty doo I have seen FAR worse and didn't cry like I have seen people cry about mine. I guess PC gamers take things on the chin way harder than any other group here.

Hell no one even tried to defend the past arguments they made about this game supposedly not being able to be on consoles they are just crying "biased" "fanboy" because I made a thread about it, This is SW right? My post was about why console players would choose consoles over PC when it comes big games, I guess that went over everyone's head in the sea of tears that followed my post.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

PS4 losing No-Mans-Sky was much bigger ownage, as they barely have exclusives.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@SolidTy said:

I hope it's a good game.

Look at this buffoon hoping a game is good instead of wondering about exclusivity!

Get out! OUT!!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@SolidTy said:

I hope it's a good game.

Look at this buffoon hoping a game is good instead of wondering about exclusivity!

Get out! OUT!!

Sorry, lol, my SW priorities are all out of whack.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RoboCopISJesus

Surprise the same posters bragging about this are the people who said this game didn't even count and shouldn't even be in PC exclusive lists....

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Doesn't surprise me. Most big name PC titles end up on the Consoles. I can't wait to get the PS4 version though.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kinectthedots

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

I have no fanboyism first off, secondly i have no proof of this as i'm not a mod, but after reading the opening post in that thread it's a safe bet that it was locked because it was too fanboyish, just like most of the shit you post.

lol, look at you. You are quite the clown. The stuff I post isn't "fanboyish shit" as you put it, my opinion is just different than yours. You are such an enraged fanboy you can't seem to deal with someone's opinion and outlook being different than yours.

Different view point/opinion =/= fanboyism

Maybe you need to go outside and get a life if you can't understand the difference between the two. You are always saying stupid shit, not to be confused with your equally mind numbing and fanboyish posts.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CrownKingArthur
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Surprise the same posters bragging about this are the people who said this game didn't even count and shouldn't even be in PC exclusive lists....

yip, another case of: y = sin (x)

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

LOL

both Xbone and PC are losing exclusives

Only Sony and Nintendo exclusives stay exclusive

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

This is a good thing. We all know what version will be better, but having it on multiple platforms will help support the devs if its a hit.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Snugenz

@kinectthedots said:

lol, look at you. You are quite the clown. The stuff I post isn't "fanboyish shit" as you put it, my opinion is just different than yours. You are such an enraged fanboy you can't seem to deal with someone's opinion and outlook being different than yours.

Different view point/opinion =/= fanboyism

Maybe you need to go outside and get a life if you can't understand the difference between the two. You are always saying stupid shit, not to be confused with your equally mind numbing and fanboyish posts.

Bollox to that, it's about how you present that different opinion of yours that makes you a fanboy and your posts "fanboyish shit" you know, i know and everyone else who called you out on that fanboyish shit knows it.

Once again, not a fanboy at all, ever, and no matter how many times you say it (because you have to try and attack my credibility) it still won't be true and my post history backs that up, what does yours say?.

On Topic, congrats a game that was formally only on PC is now on PS4 aswell, that means i've got 2 choices of which platform i can play it on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@-Damien- said:

LOL

Umm yeah no one controls the pc market. Its up to the devs what they do with their games.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kinectthedots

@-Damien- said:

LOL

Yep, a whole lot of deflection but no one is addressing that fact.

It's funny that all the arguments hermits made about that game after seeing it's now coming to PS4 have turned into, but your thead is too fanboyish lol.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Was it ever? I don't ever remember it being officially announced on any platforms.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@Wasdie said:

Was it ever? I don't ever remember it being officially announced on any platforms.

It was announced for pc and it is coming next month actually.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

It's not like this news makes me more likely to buy a PS4 anytime soon. I'll be playing this on PC like every other multiplat. Good for those who own a PS4 though.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

@Wasdie said:

Ah. Did they ever announce it as an exclusive or did people just assume?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

So why was it locked then?

Because the majority of mods on here are PC/xbox fanboys who are biased like all other users. Having more authority doesn't suddenly cleanse fanboys of biases they had before they became mods.

My thread was fine. I asked a question in my OP of the last thread, I had a funny lean in my poll options whoopty doo I have seen FAR worse and didn't cry like I have seen people cry about mine. I guess PC gamers take things on the chin way harder than any other group here.

Hell no one even tried to defend the past arguments they made about this game supposedly not being able to be on consoles they are just crying "biased" "fanboy" because I made a thread about it, This is SW right? My post was about why console players would choose consoles over PC when it comes big games, I guess that went over everyone's head in the sea of tears that followed my post.

Except your thread wasn't about the game, it was about fanboys. And this isn't fanboy wars.

Seriously, every troll that gets there thread locked always cries that the mods are biased, it's just sad.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RoboCopISJesus

@-Damien- said:

LOL

PC has more exclusives than all 3 consoles combined this gen and last gen. (and thats only high scoring ones).

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kinectthedots

@Wasdie said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

@Wasdie said:

Ah. Did they ever announce it as an exclusive or did people just assume?

Well it wasn't announced for consoles until just now. I am not sure if it was specifically stated to be a PC exclusive but I personally made arguments that consoles could run the game and well and that if it was good it would most likely come to consoles.

Of course I was booed out of the area by PC fans who believed that it was only possible on PC and that the game would somehow be dumbed down to PS1 level if PS4 tried to run it.

So I can personally say that it was unanimously believed to be PC exclusive by everyone who posted about it before now, every thread made before now supports that fact as well.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lostrib

@-Damien- said:

LOL

What about No Man's Sky? Because you were pretty happy to herald that as a PS4 exclusive not too long ago: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/gamespot-no-mans-sky-coming-to-ps4-in-2015-no-pc-31416629/

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I was swayed. Never really cared for TR but know I am a complete rabid TR fanboy.

Exclusive in the One.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Motokid6 said:

Because for all I know this could be a damn point and click.

So more gameplay than your average Sony Movie Games? Nice.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I suppose an Adventure Game should have great graphics.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RoboCopISJesus

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I suppose an Adventure Game should have great graphics.

Any set-piece game really, games like Uncharted , The Last of us, Quantum Break, The Order included. They are tiny environments with mostly cutscenes and qtes.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus

Yeah but they are not Adventure games, the Graphics are kind of just there....

The Vanshing Of Ethan Carter could be different.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RoboCopISJesus

You mean pre-rendered backdrops? Ethan Carter is fully rendered 3d environments last I checked.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You mean pre-rendered backdrops? Ethan Carter is fully rendered 3d environments last I checked.

do you ever know what you are talking about?