Valve's going to start shipping games again - Gabe newell

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

Source

'Hooray! Valve's going to start shipping games again'

Maybe if they start making games again.

5 bucks say its going to be another F2P game. or something like that.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Valve is dead when it comes to making games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50: they’re just resting

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Half life 3 confirmed!!!!!!

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I will bet you $ its going to be mostly VR titles

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

Meh.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Gabe is a troll. Can't take this guy seriously.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45993 Posts

Will it involve selling lootboxes and skins to kids ?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
Loading Video...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TryIt

@vaeh said:

yeah because of all those thousands of times he told people 'nobody at valve is working on half life nor have plans to' and yet...no halflife 3 was ever released.

how are the two possible!?

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@tryit said:

Valve try to push gaming forward as much as they can. They did it with Half Life back in the day.

VR is the place for them to shine if they want to truly push the industry forward again.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TryIt

@blueberry_bandit said:
@tryit said:

Valve try to push gaming forward as much as they can. They did it with Half Life back in the day.

VR is the place for them to shine if they want to truly push the industry forward again.

that, plus them saying they plan to make some VR games a few years ago.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Half life 3 confiremed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@djoffer said:

Meh I'd rather them continue to make excellent multiplayer games really.

There is nothing Half-Life 3 can do that will drastically change the FPS genre or even be any more "immersive" than any other.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

"Shipping" Digital only business models

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@djoffer said:

There is nothing Half-Life 3 can do that will drastically change the FPS genre or even be any more "immersive" than any other.

It would cause the internet to explode, but if HL3 was VR, it could change up the whole FPS genre. Very risky move because you'd have a lot of angry people, but it would also sell tons of headsets so it could go either way.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1841 Posts

Valve sucks honestly. And this is coming from someone who was a PC gamer all his life. Dota card game ? Really Gabe? Really ?

Loading Video...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TryIt

@blueberry_bandit said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@djoffer said:

It would cause the internet to explode, but if HL3 was VR, it could change up the whole FPS genre. Very risky move because you'd have a lot of angry people, but it would also sell tons of headsets so it could go either way.

they have stated nearly every year for more than 10 years that nobody at Valve is making a half life title and nobody (at Valve) has come forward to say that they are interested in such a project'.

so yeah..maybe...but likely not

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

I thought they already had three big VR titles in development?

Though it would be nice to see Valve finally make a third game for one of their franchises that have been stuck on 2 forever...Left 4 Dead 3 and...you know the resat I'm talking about but I won't say it in public ^-^

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vaeh

@R4gn4r0k said:

Of course, their first game is a competitive card game, because those are really easy to implement in-game purchases in.

@tryit said:
@vaeh said:

yeah because of all those thousands of times he told people 'nobody at valve is working on half life nor have plans to' and yet...no halflife 3 was ever released.

Honestly Gabe can **** off. I lost all respect I had to Valve and I don't really trust them to make games nearly as good as they used to. A ton of great talent has already left Valve. I'll start being excited when I actually see a new game they are developing that is no VR or a card game. Just imagine the number of half finished projects rattling around their studio.

Loading Video...

8 years later: Hey guys remember when Gabe said they were going to start shipping games again? What happened with that?

Call me when they start making something unique again, and not just slamming two extremely popular, online, competitive game genres together.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TryIt

@vaeh said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Of course, their first game is a competitive card game, because those are really easy to implement in-game purchases in.

@tryit said:
@vaeh said:

Honestly Gabe can **** off. I lost all respect I had to Valve and I don't really trust them to make games nearly as good as they used to. A ton of great talent has already left Valve. I'll start being excited when I actually see a new game they are developing that is no VR or a card game. Just imagine the number of half finished projects rattling around their studio.

Loading Video...

8 years later: Hey guys remember when Gabe said they were going to start shipping games again? What happened with that?

Call me when they start making something unique again, and not just slamming two extremely popular, online, competitive game genres together.

wow...you care deeply and are clearly very angery about something regarding Valve.

I personally NFG but you got the special snowflake SJW on full display with that one...wow

at least you are channeling your anger toward something that isnt important

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaeh

@tryit said:
@vaeh said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@tryit said:
@vaeh said:

Loading Video...

wow...you care deeply and are clearly very angery about something regarding Valve.

I personally NFG but you got the special snowflake SJW on full display with that one...wow

Then why quote me and telling this ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@tryit said:

I wouldn't call it anger but I'm severely disappointed by developers/publishers sitting on all these great IP and doing jack sh1t with them, or rather wasting them on meaningless stuff:

Valve is sitting on Half Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal and Day of Defeat

And they'd rather tease fans with stuff like Bridge Constructor Portal or a FFXV Half Life crossover

EA is sitting on stuff like Command and Conquer, Star Wars and Medal of Honor

And they absolutely waste these series with a free to play C&C that didn't go anywhere, Star Wars Battlefront II and Medal of Honor warfighter that are two of the worst games ever made.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TryIt

@R4gn4r0k said:
@tryit said:

I wouldn't call it anger but I'm severely disappointed by developers/publishers sitting on all these great IP and doing jack sh1t with them, or rather wasting them on meaningless stuff:

And they'd rather tease fans with stuff like Bridge Constructor Portal or a FFXV Half Life crossover

And they absolutely waste these series with a free to play C&C that didn't go anywhere, Star Wars Battlefront II and Medal of Honor warfighter that are two of the worst games ever made.

Here is a little secret I know about the creative process that a lot of people dont understand.

a sense of justice, duty, rules, disciplining will almost never create a good product.

that means if they dont want to do it, them waking up feeling morally obligated to do so because of the Social Justice rants you are spewing even though they dont want to the end result is not going to be a good product.

so you likely should leave your furies for something more important then a ^&*( video game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10358 Posts

@tryit said:

Here is a little secret I know about the creative process that a lot of people dont understand.

a sense of justice, duty, rules, disciplining will almost never create a good product.

a real pearl of wisdom there

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

@tryit said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@tryit said:

that means if they dont want to do it, them waking up feeling morally obligated to do so because of the Social Justice rants you are spewing even though they dont want to the end result is not going to be a good product.

so you likely should leave your furies for something more important then a ^&*( video game.

Do you have a problem with Social Justice? Flip Flop Flippity Flop

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TryIt

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@tryit said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@tryit said:

Do you have a problem with Social Justice? Flip Flop Flip Flop

as I have already stated I do not have a problem and my statement you are referring to was not used in derogatory way but rather in a positive way.

so I think we are at an impass dont you?

he SHOULD SJW rant.

I am asking him to SJW rant over something important rather than something not important

see

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@tryit said:

as I have already stated I do not have a problem and my statement you are referring to was not used in derogatory way but rather in a positive way.

he SHOULD SJW rant.

I am asking him to SJW rant over something important rather than something not important

see

It's a bit of a joke to take anything you post to have any merit what so ever.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TryIt

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@tryit said:

he SHOULD SJW rant.

see

It's a bit of a joke to take anything you post to have any merit what so ever.

ok...I am fine with that, your choice to reply

its on you

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22368 Posts

Probably F2P crap.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger

@R4gn4r0k said:
@tryit said:

EA is just pure cancer. Their current bottom line will never result in anything like C&C Generals, Battlefront 2 (2005), or Allied Assault. These IPs are gone and they're never coming back.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k

@tryit said:

Uuhhhhhhh

Are you gonna start talking sense or just talk gibberish ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k

@Johnny-n-Roger said:

EA is just pure cancer. Their current bottom line will never result in anything like C&C Generals, Battlefront 2 (2005), or Allied Assault. These IPs are gone and they're never coming back.

Yeah I know EA pretty much looks down on their consumers... They still have a lot of talented people working for them though.

Battlefield 1 is an amazing game in my book.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TryIt

@R4gn4r0k said:
@tryit said:

Uuhhhhhhh

unfortunately the mods would not allow this but if they would I would create a thread just called 'tell TryIt whats wrong with him' and just encourage people to just have at it, balz to the wall let me have it and I am sure people would feel a lot better after words, its cathartic.

but I cant so all I can tell you is 'thanks for sharing'?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k

@tryit said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@tryit said:

Uuhhhhhhh

unfortunately the mods would not allow this but if they would I would create a thread just called 'tell TryIt whats wrong with him' and just encourage people to just have at it, balz to the wall let me have it and I am sure people would feel a lot better after words, its cathartic.

I talked about Valve not doing anything with IP like Half Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead or Day of Defeat.

And your response was just a bunch of personal insults.

It's not the mods that are the problem, mate. It's you.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TryIt

@R4gn4r0k said:
@tryit said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@tryit said:

Uuhhhhhhh

I talked about Valve not doing anything with IP like Half Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead or Day of Defeat.

And your response was just a bunch of personal insults.

It's not the mods that are the problem, mate. It's you.

oh really?

first off I think you SHOULD social justice rant, but for something that is important, not something that isnt important.

Do you think a person who has a very thin skin and takes offense easy would be called a 'snowflake'?

that wouldnt be you right now would it?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Most likely DLC hats for TF2 on disk

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

Jesus, what's with the Valve hate? Those folks are not just game gods, but design, hardware, and industry gods as well.

You might not like them, but you should still be bowing down to them.

More importantly, they have been nothing but straight forward with the community, honest about development (albeit a bit secretive), and arguably will be the ones to take VR to the next level.

I for one welcome them back to the world of game development. Hope they build a new game engine to put the final nail in Crytek's coffin.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@djoffer said:

This is kind of BS, TBH. Really, there's NOTHING HL3 can do that would be more immersive than ANY other FPS game? Implying all FPS games are the same? So Titanfall 2 is the same as Arma 3 is the same as Battlefield is the same as DOOM? Um... All of those are way different. And what does "immersive" even mean? The ability for one to suspend disbelief? That kinda depends on the person.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Jesus, what's with the Valve hate? Those folks are not just game gods, but design, hardware, and industry gods as well.

More importantly, they have been nothing but straight forward with the community, honest about development (albeit a bit secretive), and arguably will be the ones to take VR to the next level.

I for one welcome them back to the world of game development. Hope they build a new game engine to put the final nail in Crytek's coffin.

How exactly is Valve and Source 2 going to put a nail in Crytek's coffin?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19550 Posts

@ivangrozny: To be fair, their new card game is being designed by the creator of Magic the Gathering - Richard Garfield.

I don't care about DOTA, but I'm sure it'll be a solid game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@organic_machine said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@djoffer said:

This is kind of BS, TBH. Really, there's NOTHING HL3 can do that would be more immersive than ANY other FPS game? Implying all FPS games are the same? So Titanfall 2 is the same as Arma 3 is the same as Battlefield is the same as DOOM? Um... All of those are way different. And what does "immersive" even mean? The ability for one to suspend disbelief? That kinda depends on the person.

I'm suggesting that there is stagnation in this genre, which there absolutely is compared to when HL1 and 2 made thier splash.

But if its BS, go on make a list of ways it woudl stand out other than being "HUR DUR ITS HL3".

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts

Ready

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

How exactly is Valve and Source 2 going to put a nail in Crytek's coffin?

Was a joke. Crytek has had a run of bad luck of late and the only money-maker they seem to have is the licensing of CryEngine to developers. If there's a viable alternative to CryEngine that looks better than UnrealEngine 4, well...

@MBirdy88 said:
@organic_machine said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@djoffer said:

I'm suggesting that there is stagnation in this genre, which there absolutely is compared to when HL1 and 2 made thier splash.

But if its BS, go on make a list of ways it woudl stand out other than being "HUR DUR ITS HL3".

I won't call your comment BS but I don't think that there is stagnation. If anything, we have seen a lot of good. Whether it's innovation, a new way to play first-person games, or something else.

Also, there's nothing wrong with a rock-solid action game that does everything perfectly. Hell, I'd argue having something old done incredibly well is better than something new done adequately.

Besides, it's freaking Valve...outside of Steambox what have they done wrong?

...don't answer that :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#45 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Screw Valve.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Cant think of any game that i would be interested in, that they could create.