Valve to present a new title on E3

  • 53 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#1 Posted by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

No, it's not Half-Life 3.

But it may be Left 4 Dead 3. Game Informer editor-in-chief wrote on his Twitter that it may be an Xbox One or PS4 game.

Maybe its an Xbox One game, but we have a feature on Valve that's presenting at Sony (I'm starting so many rumors with this one)

So... what do you think?

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#2 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

No, it's not Half-Life 3.

But it may be Left 4 Dead 3. Game Informer editor-in-chief wrote on his Twitter that it may be an Xbox One or PS4 game.

Maybe its an Xbox One game, but we have a feature on Valve that's presenting at Sony (I'm starting so many rumors with this one)

So... what do you think?

So it can't be a multiplat?

Avatar image for AutoPilotOn
#3 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -

Half life 3 confirmed!!!!

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#4 Posted by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries: It probably is a multiplat, but nowadays it's fun not to mention PC as one of platforms for your game.

I'm guessing it's a PC/Xbox One or PC/PS4 title.

Avatar image for blangenakker
#5 Posted by blangenakker (3240 posts) -

Valve is going to do a thing! ready the hype train

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#6 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: It probably is a multiplat, but nowadays it's fun not to mention PC as one of platforms for your game.

I'm guessing it's a PC/Xbox One or PC/PS4 title.

Since PS4 is the new 360, it'd make sense to include it on PS4 and not on 360, and Sony might be desparate to have some major multiplayer-oriented game, but then again it's a 50-50 toss.

Avatar image for deadline-zero0
#7 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6607 posts) -

I'm thinking L4D3, announced for PC and xbox, with a potential PS4 release to.

Or maybe, Half Life 3 Xbox One exclusive.................Hehe, jk.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
#8 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4738 posts) -

People are going to be very upset if it's L4D3 instead of Half Life 3, Killing Floor is way better than L4D anyway

Avatar image for Telekill
#9 Posted by Telekill (7331 posts) -

If it's not L4D3 available for PS4, then I don't care. It's literally the only Valve IP I really enjoyed. No, I didn't care for Half Life. Portal was fun for a little bit and got boring to me.

Avatar image for intotheminx
#10 Posted by intotheminx (2579 posts) -

I hope it's L4D3.

Avatar image for Flubbbs
#11 Posted by Flubbbs (4828 posts) -

i'd rather see L4D3 or Portal 3

Avatar image for PAL360
#12 Edited by PAL360 (28695 posts) -

I hope its Left 4 Dead 3 for PC, X1 and PS4. Still the best coop series out there!

Avatar image for UnbiasedPoster
#13 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1134 posts) -

L4D3 would be awesome.

Most likely a F2P game though. :(

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

Twitter ?

Seriously ?

Sigh......

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#15 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

Not getting excited ATM .

Avatar image for silversix_
#16 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

Do i want them to present a new game running on Source? No thanks. Show me Source 2 instead

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (24751 posts) -

Probably just porting Left4dead 1/2 to Playstation.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#18 Edited by uninspiredcup (24751 posts) -

Probably just porting Left4dead 1/2 to Playstation.

@Telekill said:

If it's not L4D3 available for PS4, then I don't care. It's literally the only Valve IP I really enjoyed. No, I didn't care for Half Life. Portal was fun for a little bit and got boring to me.

Very strange opinion friend. As a hardcore pc gamer (former professional Quake 3 player) , Halflife, Portal, Dota 2 and many other legendary titles are far more interesting.

When it comes to Left4dead, rather just boot up and play Serous Sam in COOP.

Huge sprawling maps, 50-100 enemies on screen at once. And other things that are good in nature.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#19 Posted by with_teeth26 (8232 posts) -

@HaloinventedFPS said:

People are going to be very upset if it's L4D3 instead of Half Life 3, Killing Floor is way better than L4D anyway

as much as I want HL3, I got way more hours out of L4D2 than Half-Life 2.

IMO L4D2 Versus > Killing Floor co-op (or just killing floor since its all co-op) > L4D2 co-op (playing campaigns against AI/survival).

We got Killing Floor 2 coming though so its all good.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#20 Posted by MBirdy88 (12070 posts) -

Out of all the amazing ideas Valve could come up with, your all hoping for Left 4 Dead 3? really?.... I mean.. playing through the maps was fun like twice.... but damn... its valve... want bigger!

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#21 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@MBirdy88

You want the Illusion of Variety ?

Avatar image for g0ddyX
#22 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

All about the 3's.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#23 Edited by uninspiredcup (24751 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Out of all the amazing ideas Valve could come up with, your all hoping for Left 4 Dead 3? really?.... I mean.. playing through the maps was fun like twice.... but damn... its valve... want bigger!

Left4dead is an incredibly simple game. It's logical it would appeal to console gamers.

Thus, everyone is banking on it.

This a factually based statement. Based on history, proven to be reality.

A puzzle game that involved some basic form of thinking (portal 2) appealed more to pc gamers and thus sold more on pc. Including very young children not in double digits.

Left4dead, the most simplistic, un-thinking shooter known to man, sold more on and appealed to the xbox gamer.

It even has two weapons at time like Halo to avoid extreme concentration.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#24 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30818 posts) -

L4D 3 would be awesome sauce, make it happen Valve.

Avatar image for gameofthering
#26 Posted by gameofthering (11088 posts) -

I would like it to be Half-life 3, but whatever they show... I want it to be running on SOURCE 2.

Avatar image for lostrib
#27 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

L4D3 on Source 2 please

Avatar image for cainetao11
#28 Edited by cainetao11 (32329 posts) -

@MBirdy88: your post is proof this is all subjective. I don't know how many times I played through both L4D games. And if friends want to play tomorrow I will. L4D3 sounds great.

Avatar image for remiks00
#30 Edited by remiks00 (3788 posts) -

@lostrib said:

L4D3 on Source 2 please

This 100%

Avatar image for Heil68
#31 Edited by Heil68 (57687 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@MBirdy88: your post is proof this is all subjective. I don't know how many times I played through both L4D games. And if friends want to play tomorrow I will. L4D3 sounds great.

I agree. It's a fun social game that can really get the excitement up trying to save teammates.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#32 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

surprise me

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#33 Posted by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

TBH, I'm expecting something underwhelming. Like a Valve card game.

Avatar image for PannicAtack
#34 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

Don't want L4D3. Barely played L4D2.

Avatar image for pelvist
#35 Posted by pelvist (6617 posts) -

Im just looking forward to seeing what features their newer engine has.

Avatar image for parkurtommo
#36 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -
@blangenakker said:

Valve is going to do a thing! ready the hype train

Seriously, valve is so good with this stuff. The expectations regarding half life 3 (which probably will never come out) have kind of created a set up for every single announcement Valve makes. They want to announce a new feature for DOTA 2 but don't disclose any information at all; it must be half life 3. e3 announcement? Could be half life 3.

These guys are fucking geniuses at marketing.

Avatar image for organic_machine
#37 Posted by organic_machine (9894 posts) -

At this point, screw them. They finished 2 out of the 3 HL2 episodes and left us with a cliff hanger.

Seriously Valve, I could have happily waited a decade for Half Life 3 if you got your asses together and made just one more 4 hour episode.

Avatar image for lawlessx
#38 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

I seriously hope they know the kind of outrage that WILL happen if its L4D3. I'm not saying it has to be HL3,but it better be a new IP

Avatar image for Grey_Eyed_Elf
#39 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5164 posts) -

People need to stop say "LEFT 4 DEAD 3"... The developers of Left 4 Dead are making Evolve you numb nuts.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#40 Posted by pyro1245 (3146 posts) -

well i don't really want to see another zombie game; or portal. So I guess I'd like to see HL3 or some other new IP. Plus you can't have L4D3 or Portal 3 without HL3; that's just the way she goes.

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#41 Edited by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

People need to stop say "LEFT 4 DEAD 3"... The developers of Left 4 Dead are making Evolve you numb nuts.

How is that stopping Valve from making Left 4 Dead 3?

Avatar image for Grey_Eyed_Elf
#42 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5164 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

People need to stop say "LEFT 4 DEAD 3"... The developers of Left 4 Dead are making Evolve you numb nuts.

How is that stopping Valve from making Left 4 Dead 3?

Valve has always taken the publisher/co-developer role on every game...

  • Counter Strike - Was a MOD and Valve hired the team that made them
  • Dota - Was a Mod and Valve hired the team that made them
  • Portal - Was made by students and valve saw there game and hired them
  • Left 4 Dead - Valve published but the game was developed by Turtlerock

Valve... unless they are co-developing or have hired a new studio to make Left 4 Dead 3 won't be developing it at all.

This makes me wonder why Valve gets all the praise... Essentially what they are doing is just buying good ideas cheap or hiring people who are actually talented.

Even Counter Strike GO is was developed by Hidden Path.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
#43 Posted by stereointegrity (11536 posts) -

ps4 - HL3= 1...but 1*8=8 and if u take 8 and subtract 5 u get 3....HL3 CONFIRMED

Avatar image for lostrib
#44 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@IgGy621985 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

People need to stop say "LEFT 4 DEAD 3"... The developers of Left 4 Dead are making Evolve you numb nuts.

How is that stopping Valve from making Left 4 Dead 3?

Valve has always taken the publisher/co-developer role on every game...

  • Counter Strike - Was a MOD and Valve hired the team that made them
  • Dota - Was a Mod and Valve hired the team that made them
  • Portal - Was made by students and valve saw there game and hired them
  • Left 4 Dead - Valve published but the game was developed by Turtlerock

Valve... unless they are co-developing or have hired a new studio to make Left 4 Dead 3 won't be developing it at all.

This makes me wonder why Valve gets all the praise... Essentially what they are doing is just buying good ideas cheap or hiring people who are actually talented.

And those people become part of valve to develop games. I mean they acquired Counter Strike like 15 years ago, I think we can give valve credit for it by now. And I don't think Turtle Rock made L4D2 so what's the problem with making L4D3?

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#45 Posted by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Valve has always taken the publisher/co-developer role on every game...

  • Counter Strike - Was a MOD and Valve hired the team that made them
  • Dota - Was a Mod and Valve hired the team that made them
  • Portal - Was made by students and valve saw there game and hired them
  • Left 4 Dead - Valve published but the game was developed by Turtlerock

Valve... unless they are co-developing or have hired a new studio to make Left 4 Dead 3 won't be developing it at all.

This makes me wonder why Valve gets all the praise... Essentially what they are doing is just buying good ideas cheap or hiring people who are actually talented.

Even Counter Strike GO is was developed by Hidden Path.

Okay. And? Kim Swift left Valve, and yet that didn't stop them in making Portal 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#46 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

L4D3 has been rumoured for a while so I'd go with that yeah

Avatar image for ShadowDeathX
#47 Posted by ShadowDeathX (11609 posts) -

DOTA 2 for PS4.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#48 Edited by uninspiredcup (24751 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@IgGy621985 said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

People need to stop say "LEFT 4 DEAD 3"... The developers of Left 4 Dead are making Evolve you numb nuts.

How is that stopping Valve from making Left 4 Dead 3?

Valve has always taken the publisher/co-developer role on every game...

  • Counter Strike - Was a MOD and Valve hired the team that made them
  • Dota - Was a Mod and Valve hired the team that made them
  • Portal - Was made by students and valve saw there game and hired them
  • Left 4 Dead - Valve published but the game was developed by Turtlerock

Valve... unless they are co-developing or have hired a new studio to make Left 4 Dead 3 won't be developing it at all.

This makes me wonder why Valve gets all the praise... Essentially what they are doing is just buying good ideas cheap or hiring people who are actually talented.

Even Counter Strike GO is was developed by Hidden Path.

1. Valve did develop them, thus "co-developed" entire post is contradictory.

2. If we want a stunning example of how overrated Valve is, and how these talented people don't require these bums, lets take a look at Counterstrike developers non valve game...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tactical-intervention

Portal 2 didn't have Kim Swift on board

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/portal-2

She went solo and made her own game

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/quantum-conundrum

3. Even if it was somhow, just the case, Valve only ever developed Halflife and Halflife alone, without creating and developing any other games, this title changed the gaming landscape up until this very day, a legendy title for men.

God, amateur gamers. the digital equivalent of Glenn Beck.

Avatar image for faizan_faizan
#49 Posted by faizan_faizan (7869 posts) -

I'd rather have Portal 3.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
#50 Posted by chessmaster1989 (30204 posts) -

If it's more L4D or Portal then I really don't care. Half Life 3, on the other hand, would be just about the best thing that could happen at E3.