Valve = best developer of gen 7

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts
  • Half-Life 2 Episode 2
  • Portal
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Portal 2
  • Counter-Strike: G.O.
  • Dota 2

All for a company that doesn't make games. Not bad.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm personally going with Naughty Dog.

On the flip side of the coin I think Capcom was the worst.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Best is subjective, but I will certainly say they are one of the most consistent devs in terms of quality

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

One of the best.

Love Hat Fortress 2!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Have to go with Naughty Dog, Valve can barely make a game that hasn't been a mod, so no they're not the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

lol you think this forum will vote valve? they'l vote 10 hour movie games with outdated gameplay like Naughtydog. if this was "best graphics studio" then I would agree with them.... but sadly in the console work mcdonald style corridor convenience games top the chart.

Meanwhile the 700k people at peak playing DoTA 2 with its many esport events speaks of a different reality.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Glorified mods, 2 hour games, and games made by other developers.

Pass.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

That is an impressive list.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lol valve lol

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Best is subjective, but I will certainly say they are one of the most consistent devs in terms of quality

This

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Wow didn't taks long for the "valve doesn't make games they just buy mods" posts to start

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Naughty Dog and Rocksteady were the best.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

TF2 went downhill over time, L4D is just griefer paradise, and after the last two updates to CS:GO the game became barf-rific.

But when all is said and done I did get somewhere in the range of 1500 hours of playtime from Valve games last gen. Not bad.

This gen will be the third generation that Steam has been available, and you know what that means.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Laughable opinion

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Naughty Dog and Rocksteady were the best.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I haven't played all of those games, but Half Life 2: Episode 2 and the Left 4 Dead games are fantastic. And I did enjoy what I played of Counter Strike in the Xbox trial. Not sure who I'd say was the best of last gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

lolno

Both L4D and Portal are overrated as hell

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib

@Vatusus: you sound like a baddie

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@lostrib said:

Wow didn't taks long for the "valve doesn't make games they just buy mods" posts to start

I remember when I was the only one who used to say that.. Now everyone says it.. Bunch of followers

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

They have made a lot of awesome games. But they haven't made a game I cared about since Portal 2.

So I would vote no

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SelfReflect
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

How many games were Valve themselfes responsible for creating and developing?

Gotta remember Valve PUBLISHES.

They were not the DEVELOPER to many of those games nor were they responsible for creating most of the ideas to their "games" etc

The correct answer is Naughty Dog!

Naughty Dog with Uncharted 2 redefined this generation

Then Naughty Dog threw that all away to create a dramatically different new IP in the Last of Us. Its a timeless masterpiece that will likely go on to redefine survival horror...

Most developers dont even come close to creating one all time classic through out their entire life span

Naughty Dog just created TWO all time classic in one generation....and Naughty Dog is still in their PRIMES and only getting better

Naughty Dog is so far ahead of the pact, its not even funny

Hell, I wouldnt just call Naughty Dog the BEST DEVELOPER of this past gen.

I would call Naughty Dog THE best devoloper gaming has ever seen period, and I dont care if it sounds like hyperbole to some

Im working with reality here

Who else has created 2 NEW IPS in one gen that have BOTH scored a 96 on MC and over a 90 in user reviews?

Many considered Uncharted 2 the best game of this gen,

Now everyone who has played Last of Us pretty much unanimously considers the Last of Us the best game of this gen,

Many of those people even saying that the Last of Us IS the best game they have played of all time

Both Uncharted 2 and Last of Us will be timeless classics that redefined their genre, and Naughty Dog is responsible for creating both and developing both

Thats unreal!

Show me another developer with those accolades IN ONE gen

-Creating 2 NEW dramatically different IPS which are both the best games of that gen like Naughty Dog just did with Uncharted 2 and Last of Us

Then beyond that, Naughty Dog is also responsible for creating the Crash and Jak & Daxter classics

Literally EVERYTHING Naughty Dog has created has been a classic...and every one of their classic and iconic franchises ARE DRAMITCALLY different to one another

Show me another developer who is that consistent and that versatile

Developers like Rockstar are one trick ponies(open world games in the vein of GTA) and even then Rockstar and Valve have put out some sh!tty games

Where as Naughty Dog is MONEY ALL the time and picks what ever new genre they want to tackle and then they pretty much redefine that genre

Naughty Dog always tests themselfes with somehing new, rises to the occasion, and grows as a developer because of that .

All things considered, accolades, resume of work, reputation etc ...Naughty Dog is the greatest developer gaming has ever seen bar none

We have NEVER seen a developer like Naughty Dog. Naughty Dog is special. Naughty Dog is brilliant. The fact we get to play Naughty Dog's master peices. WE are like the people who had the pleasure of seeing Ali fight in his prime. No one puts as much love, care, and vast attention to detail into their games as much as Naughty Dog puts into their games for us. Thats why we should love Naughty Dog even more.

Naughty Dog also has the 100% support, love and backing of Sony. Sony always lets Naughty Dog do their thing and flex their crative muscle and that is a beautiful thing....

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

I'd say EA was the best developer/publisher of last gen, they produced a lot of good stuff, my favorite would be the Dead Space and Mass Effect series, and the Battlefield games which made for some of my favorite online MP.

Of my favorite would probably be:

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Dead Space

Dead Space 2

Dead Space 3

Dante's Inferno

Battlefield Bad Company

Battlefield 1943

Battlefield Bad Company 2 + Vietnam expansion

Battlefield 3

Fight Night Round 3

Syndicate

Medal of Honor Airborne

Medal of Honor (2010)

Crysis 2

NBA Jams

NFL Blitz

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Need For Speed Most Wanted Criterion

GGGoodboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GGGoodboy
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

Naughty Dog has been the best developer of this gen and its not even close

They CREATED and DEVELOPED Uncharted 2 and the Last of Us

Uncharted 2:

-96 on MC. Won over 150 GOTY awards. 90+ in user reviews. Re defined action adventure

Last of Us:

-95 on MC. Won over 270 GOTY awards. 90+ in user reviews etc

Its legendary what Naughty Dog has accomplished this gen. No other developer has come close to accomplishing in one gen what Naughty Dog has in this gen

For those that dont know,

The Last of Us even over took Skyrim as the most awarded game in history. Thank god. Skyrim was awful

Last of Us is the MOST awarded game in HISTORY

Whats awesome is that the new #1 most awarded game in history is (Last of Us) actually deserves it now. Finally the gaming media is right about something. Congrats Naughty Dog. So well deserved on everything.

Looking forward to your next sure to be master piece Naughty Dogs! Naughty Dog literally shits out gold nuggets of gaming awesome-ness.

Ive heard many others call Last of Us their greatest game of all time too, and I could not agree more with them.

I have been a gamer for well over 20 years and The Last of Us is the greatest game I have ever played. There is nothing that comes close

Id like to take this time to talk about it. Last of Us has the most brutal, dynamic, intense combat gameplay I have ever played. Its deep, offers many options, and is challenging. I felt like a survivor fighting to live another day after each dynamic brutal combat encounter.

I also loved all the moments of downtime exploration. Allowed me to let everything soak in. I loved immersing myself in the environments and engaging in the environmental story telling. Collecting notebooks and letters and logs wich told their own stories too. I loved engaging in the in game dialogue with Ellie. The character development that was occuring there in game was just wow. I also loved scavenging for items. The item resource managment and real time crafting systems tied perfectly into the combat and that was also brilliantly done

What I really liked about the downtime too, was that it also provided a calmness, an almost sense of relief from the intense and thought provoking deep gameplay of the brutal combat encounters

At the same time that downtime would also intensify the next combat section even more lol....it was like the calm before the storm... and then bam that combat encounter would come like a furious storm and hit you to the gut even harder..

This ties into the next point perfectly....The PACING in the Last of Us was PERFECT....And just when you think the formula could be getting a little stale, Naughty Dog switches it up and changes up the formula dramatically in the next half. Last of Us is also the greatest paced game ever.....

Literally every aspect of the gameplay was awesome. There is NOT one thing Naughty Dog didnt do great with the Last of Us....and just the way everything fit like a piece of a puzzle....Amazing. The combat was sublime....and the game as a whole played and taken at its whole, it was revolutionary gameplay.....in conjuction with story....where everything made sense and flowed...Naughty Gods indeed!

You see the Last of Us also has the best story in gaming I have ever witnessed. best characters and character developement too. (Character development that also occured in gameplay by the way. Yep those Naughty Gods)

But damn....the way both the sublime gameplay and sublime story in Last of Us came together in such perfect harmony.....I mean....what else can you say.....Last of Us is a god tier game that cant be touched....and Naughty Dog is in a league of their own...

Naughty Dog with the Last of Us moved gaming forward and raised the bar in gameplay, story, and in being able to intertwine both together as one so flawlessly. Im sure Last of Us will go on to start another movement and "inspire" a bunch of copy cats like Uncharted did.

By the way, there isnt a developer more copied then Naughty Dog is, and thats all the more proof how truly amazing Naughty Dog is. Naughty Dog sets the trends and standards, others follow.

But when people in the future look back on Last of Us, they will remember it as the game that took gaming to new heights and started it all. Last of Us WILL go down as one of the greatest games of all time without question

What is bananas too, is that Naughty Dog the developers of Last of Us also were responsible for creating a movement at the begining of this gen with Uncharted

So back on topic,

Naughty Dog is the greatest developer of our time and its not even in question. No other developer has been more consistent, versatile, and influential. No other developer has done in one gen what Naughty Dog just did in this past gen with Uncharted 2 and Last of Us (two all time classics that reinvented their respective genres, were dramatically different to each other, both released in one gen)

As far as im concerned, any one who doesnt like or appreciate Naugty Dog is someone who simply doesnt like or enjoy video games. Naughty Dog represents everything that is beautiful about gaming. If you cant appreciate Naughty Dog, you dont like games and you are dead to me !

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib

@lamprey263 said:

I'd say EA was the best developer/publisher of last gen, they produced a lot of good stuff, my favorite would be the Dead Space and Mass Effect series, and the Battlefield games which made for some of my favorite online MP.

While EA may technically own those developers, I think they are credited by the individual studios/subsidiaries

GGGoodboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GGGoodboy
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

lol you think this forum will vote valve? they'l vote 10 hour movie games with outdated gameplay like Naughtydog. if this was "best graphics studio" then I would agree with them.... but sadly in the console work mcdonald style corridor convenience games top the chart.

Meanwhile the 700k people at peak playing DoTA 2 with its many esport events speaks of a different reality.

Thats funny because Half Life 2 was the FIRST MOVIE game with over rated gameplay. You sure you want to go down that route troll.

Anyway,

Last of Us has some of the best combat gameplay ive ever played.

What is amazing about the Last of Us too is that its not even a TPS yet The Last of Us also has the BEST gunplay of any TPS ever despite not being a TPS

Naughty Dog with The Last of Us puts all other developers to shame in the gameplay department. No one gets gameplay design like Naughty Dog

As far as pure TPS goes, Ive always enjoyed the gamplay in Uncharted much more then Gears too

The speed and smoothness of Uncharted, plus verticality factor in its combat gives Uncharted its HUGE edge over Gears in gameplay

Gears is just a static boring shallow repetitive pop and shoot shooter from cover to cover corridor to corridor and cover to cover etc

Uncharted has always had some of the BEST gameplay of a PURE TPS

Last of Us straight up has AMAZING dynamic, brutal combat gameplay backed by item resource managment...and it all fits perfectly and interwines with the story flawlessly

Naughty Dog with Last of Us FAR surpassed everything Valve was trying to do with Half Life 2 (merging gameplay with story. Last of Us is the best execution of it BY FAR)

Naughty Dog are the best gameplay designers out there too. Dont let their prowess in other areas fool you. Naughty Dog is the best AT IT ALL.

Naughty Dog reinvents gameplay of any genre they decide to tackle-action adventure with Uncharted, now survival horror combat with Last of Us.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@gggoodboy said:

They CREATED and DEVELOPED Uncharted 2 and the Last of Us

Uncharted 2:

-96 on MC. Won over 150 GOTY awards. 90+ in user reviews. Re defined action adventure

Last of Us:

-95 on MC. Won over 270 GOTY awards. 90+ in user reviews etc

Its legendary what Naughty Dog has accomplished this gen. No other developer has come close to accomplishing in one gen what Naughty Dog has in this gen

For those that dont know,

The Last of Us even over took Skyrim as the most awarded game in history. Thank god. Skyrim was awful

Last of Us is the MOST awarded game in HISTORY

Whats awesome is that the new #1 most awarded game in history is (Last of Us) actually deserves it now. Finally the gaming media is right about something. Congrats Naughty Dog. So well deserved on everything.

Looking forward to your next sure to be master piece Naughty Dogs! Naughty Dog literally shits out gold nuggets of gaming awesome-ness.

Ive heard many others call Last of Us their greatest game of all time too, and I could not agree more with them.

I have been a gamer for well over 20 years and The Last of Us is the greatest game I have ever played. There is nothing that comes close

Id like to take this time to talk about it. Last of Us has the most brutal, dynamic, intense combat gameplay I have ever played. Its deep, offers many options, and is challenging. I felt like a survivor fighting to live another day after each dynamic brutal combat encounter.

I also loved all the moments of downtime exploration. Allowed me to let everything soak in. I loved immersing myself in the environments and engaging in the environmental story telling. Collecting notebooks and letters and logs wich told their own stories too. I loved engaging in the in game dialogue with Ellie. The character development that was occuring there in game was just wow. I also loved scavenging for items. The item resource managment and real time crafting systems tied perfectly into the combat and that was also brilliantly done

What I really liked about the downtime too, was that it also provided a calmness, an almost sense of relief from the intense and thought provoking deep gameplay of the brutal combat encounters

At the same time that downtime would also intensify the next combat section even more lol....it was like the calm before the storm... and then bam that combat encounter would come like a furious storm and hit you to the gut even harder..

This ties into the next point perfectly....The PACING in the Last of Us was PERFECT....And just when you think the formula could be getting a little stale, Naughty Dog switches it up and changes up the formula dramatically in the next half. Last of Us is also the greatest paced game ever.....

Literally every aspect of the gameplay was awesome. There is NOT one thing Naughty Dog didnt do great with the Last of Us....and just the way everything fit like a piece of a puzzle....Amazing. The combat was sublime....and the game as a whole played and taken at its whole, it was revolutionary gameplay.....in conjuction with story....where everything made sense and flowed...Naughty Gods indeed!

You see the Last of Us also has the best story in gaming I have ever witnessed. best characters and character developement too. (Character development that also occured in gameplay by the way. Yep those Naughty Gods)

But damn....the way both the sublime gameplay and sublime story in Last of Us came together in such perfect harmony.....I mean....what else can you say.....Last of Us is a god tier game that cant be touched....and Naughty Dog is in a league of their own...

Naughty Dog with the Last of Us moved gaming forward and raised the bar in gameplay, story, and in being able to intertwine both together as one so flawlessly. Im sure Last of Us will go on to start another movement and "inspire" a bunch of copy cats like Uncharted did.

By the way, there isnt a developer more copied then Naughty Dog is, and thats all the more proof how truly amazing Naughty Dog is. Naughty Dog sets the trends and standards, others follow.

But when people in the future look back on Last of Us, they will remember it as the game that took gaming to new heights and started it all. Last of Us WILL go down as one of the greatest games of all time without question

What is bananas too, is that Naughty Dog the developers of Last of Us also were responsible for creating a movement at the begining of this gen with Uncharted

So back on topic,

Naughty Dog is the greatest developer of our time and its not even in question. No other developer has been more consistent, versatile, and influential. No other developer has done in one gen what Naughty Dog just did in this past gen with Uncharted 2 and Last of Us (two all time classics that reinvented their respective genres, were dramatically different to each other, both released in one gen)

As far as im concerned, any one who doesnt like or appreciate Naugty Dog is someone who simply doesnt like or enjoy video games. Naughty Dog represents everything that is beautiful about gaming. If you cant appreciate Naughty Dog, you dont like games and you are dead to me !

Holy hyperbolic vomit inducing text Batman

Don't get me wrong, TLOU and U2 are 2 of my favourite games ever but this is a whole new level of praise

Also you write like this, which makes me think you're brofists

Also also also it's funny how you say TLOU got so many awards (thus insinuating awards quantify quality) overtaking Skyrim which is also one of the most awarded but Skyrim is "awful" so awards don't mean shit then right?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lostrib

@seanmcloughlin said:

@gggoodboy said:

Holy hyperbolic vomit inducing text Batman

Don't get me wrong, TLOU and U2 are 2 of my favourite games ever but this is a whole new level of praise

Also you write like this, which makes me think you're brofists

Also also also it's funny how you say TLOU got so many awards (thus insinuating awards quantify quality) overtaking Skyrim which is also one of the most awarded but Skyrim is "awful" so awards don't mean shit then right?

I imagine him and the SelfReflect alt are probably both brofists

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

@Vatusus said:

lolno

Yeah because franchises like CoD are obviously not as overrated as those two put together. At least L4D is actually fun and Portal is great challenging puzzle game.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Well I thought their games last gen ranged from decent to excellent (haven't played DOTA2).

Naughty Dog made two great games, one "meh" game, and one mediocre game that had problems.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I don't know if I'd rank them as number one, but they're absolutely in my top 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#32  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@CountBleck12 said:

@Vatusus said:

lolno

Yeah because franchises like CoD are obviously not as overrated as those two put together. At least L4D is actually fun and Portal is great challenging puzzle game.

Where dafuq did I even mentioned CoD? I played L4D2 and got repetitive in 30 min. I beat Portal 1 and 2 and they are very easy for supposed "puzzle games". Still enjoyed them but found them overrated as hell. One can only take a small amount of confined spaces composed of bland artstyle filled with over simplistic "puzzles" for a limited time.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ihsanqueen
Member since 2008 • 913 Posts

No, Valve doesn't deserve the title of best developer after what they've done to their fanbase about Half Life 3

I still think best developer last gen is Naught Dog, followed by Rockstar, Valve, and Nintendo

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#34 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Valve are gods. They can do no wrong.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

WTF is EAD Tokyo? Two of the top rated games on Gamerankings is created by them, their superb level design and solid controls built on milking every last bit of power from the system.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

No. PlatinumGames is.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#37  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity said:

I don't know if I'd rank them as number one, but they're absolutely in my top 3.

This. The "best" developer is a highly subjective choice. Personally, in my opinion think Naughty Dog was one the best last gen. Also as bad of a rep as EA gets, they really delivered last gen as well.. (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Battlefield, Dead Space, etc.)

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Naughty Dog. This isn't debatable.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Naughty Dog is, then Ubisoft

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

My favourite developer is Naughty Dog.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Valve are excellent developers, but after they introduced steam, their development kind of lost eh...um....Steam.

Not in quality mind you, but it seams that they are kind of pulled in multiple directions now. I am not even comfortable calling them just developers anymore. They kind of have everything covered. If anything they are simply innovative.

That being said, I am not very impressed with Steam Machines. Yes they will be the most powerful consoles on the market, but there isn't much differentiating them from a standard pc. Another minus for Steam Machines is the Linux operating system. I would not want to buy a Windows license on top of the consoles price to have it compatible with the Windows games library.

Best this and best that is very subjective. There are several good developers, but they rise and fall. You will have genres become popular and then less popular. That is the way of the World. It has fads come and go. Right now movie games are in. Then you have to look at fan bases and you can determine which developer will have the most likely nod to "The Best." If more people are on one console, then developers for that platform are going to be favored by that platforms population.

There really isn't a one right answer. Tastes differ. I prefer open world games to heavily narrated games. For me, Skyrim was my favorite experience last gen. I do not like to have my hand held on what is going to happen in a game. I like the decision to tackle the main quest line whenever I choose. The game was huge and I felt like my money was well spent. I spent countless hours in the game, but this is only my opinion. Others may vary, and they would also be correct. I am just glad there is something out there for everyone.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@gggoodboy said:

OP said games. Not movies.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

Naughty Dog. This isn't debatable.

Yes it is since they haven't made anything better than mediocre.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@gggoodboy said:

OP said games. Not movies.

How many times has a Valve game got goty

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'm personally a lot more fond of the work Retro Studios and Rocksteady produced last gen. Both produced very strong gameplay experiences with large amounts of content and an attention to detail that's extremely rare.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 XboxDone74

@Ballroompirate: ooooooo. That burns.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#48 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@summerparadise said:

Sony fanboys says Naughty Dog because they don´t own PC gaming and know nothing about Valve games.

And you know nothing of Sony exclusives...

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 XboxDone74

@Pffrbt: three AAA games. One AA. Two titles being the most awarded games of gen 7. Cry more, please.