Unlike Microsoft, Sony Is Intent On Having PS5-Only Games Right Away (GS article)

Avatar image for gifford38
Gifford38

1112

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 1112 Posts

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

No you are the one downplaying the bastly greater speed of the PS5 ssd based on nothing but your opinion.

Prove to us the PS5 will have the exact same performance as the xbox and PC.

You have a problem with exclusives because the xbox loss their exclusives.

Man, I know you get upset and damage controlling has consumed your life but take the time to type your meltdowns.

I know what an SSD can do, and I know what it cannot do. If you want to be like the other fool and claim its replaces RAM, its processes triangles, it also for the RAM not to be filled and all of the other bullshit knock yourself out.

What are you even talking about "Prove to us the PS5 will have the exact same performance as the xbox and PC."?

I had a problem with exclusives long before the Xbox "lost" their exclusives. I am waiting for you to back up your claim. 😎

notice you didn't watch ps5 mark deep dive video or pay attention.

you know what a ssd is yes but there custom flash controller (ssd) can have up to 5.5g of krakken or any other compression software it can be other. which will equal anywere from 9-22gigs. depends how good the compress the data. also has 12 channel interface

1. replaces ram never said that (no the data that comes off the ssd can go into system memory which is a 16g gddr6) meaning the custom main chip can decompress the data check-in then moved straight to system memory. at any time the the game can request data from the ssd that goes straight to system memory. but that is 9 to 22 gigs of data a second.

2. does not process triangles never said that. it can stream in the triangle data into system memory in at those speeds and that amount of data if needed. because there is not enough space in system memory for those triangles to sit in there when there not needed it has to be taking out so the ssd brings in that triangle data back into the system memory. why i said that it helps when you don't need to dump in the next 30 seconds or so of game play not needed taking up system memory because if you leave that extra room you can stream in the triangles data.

3. ram not to be fill. again I covered that above. the system memory will always be filled but it can be filled with data that is needed and the data not needed is not sitting in system memory until the ssd streams that data back into system memory. again no more crap that is not needed is sitting in system memory is sitting in the ssd instead.

please tell me i worded that right for you to understand. im not trying to system war with you. im trying to get you to understand what came out of marks mouth in the deep dive.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

40283

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#202 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 40283 Posts

@gifford38 said:

notice you didn't watch ps5 mark deep dive video or pay attention.

you know what a ssd is yes but there custom flash controller (ssd) can have up to 5.5g of krakken or any other compression software it can be other. which will equal anywere from 9-22gigs. depends how good the compress the data. also has 12 channel interface

1. replaces ram never said that (no the data that comes off the ssd can go into system memory which is a 16g gddr6) meaning the custom main chip can decompress the data check-in then moved straight to system memory. at any time the the game can request data from the ssd that goes straight to system memory. but that is 9 to 22 gigs of data a second.

2. does not process triangles never said that. it can stream in the triangle data into system memory in at those speeds and that amount of data if needed. because there is not enough space in system memory for those triangles to sit in there when there not needed it has to be taking out so the ssd brings in that triangle data back into the system memory. why i said that it helps when you don't need to dump in the next 30 seconds or so of game play not needed taking up system memory because if you leave that extra room you can stream in the triangles data.

3. ram not to be fill. again I covered that above. the system memory will always be filled but it can be filled with data that is needed and the data not needed is not sitting in system memory until the ssd streams that data back into system memory. again no more crap that is not needed is sitting in system memory is sitting in the ssd instead.

please tell me i worded that right for you to understand. im not trying to system war with you. im trying to get you to understand what came out of marks mouth in the deep dive.

I did watch the "Deep dive" and your extrapolation is incorrect and at this time there its of no use repeating what others have stated to you and what I have stated because you want to live in your imaginary world. And that is fine. 😃

Avatar image for Livecommander
Livecommander

1272

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#203 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1272 Posts

@Pedro: as far as assets go yea its just a upgrade. But you're forgetting about in game features and segments that have to be either left out of watered down for the previous gens systems.

Things like plot , pacing and a number of other things can be affected because of cross gen.

Next thing you know you have one game with 2 totally different directions and impact btw gens

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

31579

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#204 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 31579 Posts

@Livecommander:

I already prove that to him by showing him forza horizon 2 which has a different experience and missing features on xbox 360 vs the xbox one version.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

40283

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#205 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 40283 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@Pedro: as far as assets go yea its just a upgrade. But you're forgetting about in game features and segments that have to be either left out of watered down for the previous gens systems.

Things like plot , pacing and a number of other things can be affected because of cross gen.

Next thing you know you have one game with 2 totally different directions and impact btw gens

@tormentos said:

@Livecommander:

I already prove that to him by showing him forza horizon 2 which has a different experience and missing features on xbox 360 vs the xbox one version.

Seems like there is a struggle with the point that is being made. I have repeated that next gen will not be held back by or with crossgen games and yet both of you use examples that actually validates my point. 🤷‍♀️ Giving examples in which the previous gen version is worse is super clear evidence that the newer system was not held back but the older systems games were stripped down to accommodate. I am open to an example showing the scenario of concern (next gen being held back by previous gen with cross gen support) and not one that validates my point.

Avatar image for Livecommander
Livecommander

1272

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#206 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1272 Posts

@Pedro: nah its you. Forza is well established and has the demand already. Which proves my point.

Plus forza didn't do anything that was much of bar setter and it doesn't rely on stories , characters etc.

And if you think pg games didnt spend any extra time deciding what stays in the current gen version and next idk what to say.

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

31579

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#207  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 31579 Posts

@Pedro:

The point I am arguing here is not against games been held back by last gen,is your bullshit argument that Sony most support the damn PS4 because anything done to take advantage of the PS5 hardware could be ported.

Which is very clear by the arguments I made which by the way you have no point what so ever to counter.

This thread is about Sony having exclusives while MS doesn't.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

40283

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#208 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 40283 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@Pedro: nah its you. Forza is well established and has the demand already. Which proves my point.

Plus forza didn't do anything that was much of bar setter and it doesn't rely on stories , characters etc.

And if you think pg games didnt spend any extra time deciding what stays in the current gen version and next idk what to say.

So, you have nothing to back your claim then. Understood.

Avatar image for nepu7supastar7
nepu7supastar7

5887

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#209 nepu7supastar7  Online
Member since 2007 • 5887 Posts

@Livecommander:

What about other cross-gen games like Rise of the Tomb Raider? The Xbox 360 version is literally the exact same game but with downgraded graphics. But the story, sidequests and dlc is all there. I ended up buying both 360 and Xbox One versions of the game. I bought 360 one first because I didn't have an Xbox One at the time and it was a timed exclusive. But I liked it enough to get the better version once I got an Xbox One.

Avatar image for Livecommander
Livecommander

1272

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#210  Edited By Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1272 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Livecommander said:

@Pedro: nah its you. Forza is well established and has the demand already. Which proves my point.

Plus forza didn't do anything that was much of bar setter and it doesn't rely on stories , characters etc.

And if you think pg games didnt spend any extra time deciding what stays in the current gen version and next idk what to say.

So, you have nothing to back your claim then. Understood.

Are you saying that forza game felt super next gen ? im talking about bar setting aaas bro

Edit: like i said in a earlier post 90 percent of games sacrifice for cross gen. Your one measly half of an example proves that.

Avatar image for Livecommander
Livecommander

1272

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#211 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1272 Posts
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Livecommander:

What about other cross-gen games like Rise of the Tomb Raider? The Xbox 360 version is literally the exact same game but with downgraded graphics. But the story, sidequests and dlc is all there. I ended up buying both 360 and Xbox One versions of the game. I bought 360 one first because I didn't have an Xbox One at the time and it was a timed exclusive. But I liked it enough to get the better version once I got an Xbox One.

there was nothing bar setting about tomb raider either. I guess ill wait until the big time ps5 exclusives are displayed to explain my points