Unlike Microsoft, Sony Is Intent On Having PS5-Only Games Right Away (GS article)

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

2367

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Subspecies  Online
Member since 2018 • 2367 Posts

Recently Playstation CEO Jim Ryan confirmed Sony's intention to go all out on PS5 exclusives that are actually exclusive to PS5. Sounds good. No problem with newer PS4 games being developed to be also playable on the PS5, but I think PS5 exclusives should definitely be playable only on the PS5. Seems like Sony feels the same.

As for MS feeling the same concerning the XSX...not so much.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/unlike-microsoft-sony-is-intent-on-having-ps5only-/1100-6477881/

From the article:

"Sony is not planning for upcoming exclusives to run across both the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, according to PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan.

Speaking to GamesIndustry.Biz, Ryan was asked whether Sony is planning on a strategy similar to Microsoft with regards to supporting exclusives across two generations of hardware. Ryan explains that Sony has always believed in generations, and that software should represent that new capabilities of new hardware. As such, Sony is not planning to make upcoming PS5 games compatible with the PS4, with Ryan saying that Sony plans to deliver software that can only be enjoyed on its new console."

Avatar image for floppydics
floppydics

352

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 352 Posts

Now that's the information that I want to hear when deciding to buy a new console, give us a couple of good ones at launch and I will consider buying one. I want a next gen console to play next gen games not this cross gen bollocks after dropping a few hundred quid, give us a reason to buy one.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

6302

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6302 Posts

Of course, that's the only way they can sell consoles.

.....but if they don't run well I'm gonna complain about it.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39981 Posts

Its always interesting to see people support things that are not in gamers favor.

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

27946

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27946 Posts

But will they be good games? Exclusivity means nothing if the titles suck.

Avatar image for wervenom
WeRVenom

480

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 480 Posts

@Pedro said:

Its always interesting to see people support things that are not in gamers favor.

Not in the gamers favor? There will be a massive gap in visual fidelity between cross gen and next gen only titles. Imagine still having to develop a game for those shitty jaguar cores.

Avatar image for x_hedon
x_hedon

334

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7 x_hedon
Member since 2019 • 334 Posts

@Pedro said:

Its always interesting to see people support things that are not in gamers favor.

this!

Avatar image for floppydics
floppydics

352

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 352 Posts

@wervenom said:
@Pedro said:

Its always interesting to see people support things that are not in gamers favor.

Not in the gamers favor? There will be a massive gap in visual fidelity between cross gen and next gen only titles. Imagine still having to develop a game for those shitty jaguar cores.

This. I buy a next gen console to play next gen games not last gen games with extra bells and whistles That's just gimping the experience of the consoles potential. More advanced games with better visuals, physics and potentially better gameplay will become the norm faster if developed games are not chained to ancient hardware. As a gamer, this is what I would favour. I'll buy one to play PS5 games not slightly better PS4 games.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39981 Posts

@floppydics said:
@wervenom said:

Not in the gamers favor? There will be a massive gap in visual fidelity between cross gen and next gen only titles. Imagine still having to develop a game for those shitty jaguar cores.

This. I buy a next gen console to play next gen games not last gen games with extra bells and whistles That's just gimping the experience of the consoles potential. More advanced games with better visuals, physics and potentially better gameplay will become the norm faster if developed games are not chained to ancient hardware. As a gamer, this is what I would favour. I'll buy one to play PS5 games not slightly better PS4 games.

Why are we pretending as if the newer systems are going to introduce new gameplay experiences, AI, physics etc? Its like we go through this cycle every console launch, where gamers are so caught up in the fantasy of a newer console and all the mystical possibilities. We have been playing the same games for the past 2 decades. The first couple or more years is old games and old formula with new paint. It has always been like that. If you two haven't realized this, then there is not much to say. 🤷‍♀️

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

10253

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#10 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 10253 Posts

One of the biggest promises of next gen is how it will fundamentally change how developers can create game experiences.

If that's actually true, then you shouldn't be able to port it to a last generation console. It's that simple.

It's good to see that Sony will focus on making PS5 games truly "next gen".

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

26446

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 26446 Posts

I'm an early adopter. It doesn't bother me. There are people in this forum that say they don't plan on buying a new console for a while anyway. They already have enough games.

Avatar image for shellcase86
shellcase86

4832

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 4832 Posts

I believe Jim also hinted at the console reveal.

Avatar image for phbz
phbz

5812

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By phbz
Member since 2009 • 5812 Posts

Fresh news, welcome to like 5 months ago.

Avatar image for Telekill
Telekill

9226

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#14 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 9226 Posts

@Pedro: "not in gamers favor"...

Sure man... whatever. Let me play my 360 game on my original gen Xbox. How about my Dreamcast game on Sega CD. No? How about my SNES game on my NES...

Oh... so it's always been done with a handful of exceptions?

Avatar image for wervenom
WeRVenom

480

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 480 Posts

@Pedro said:
@floppydics said:
@wervenom said:

Not in the gamers favor? There will be a massive gap in visual fidelity between cross gen and next gen only titles. Imagine still having to develop a game for those shitty jaguar cores.

This. I buy a next gen console to play next gen games not last gen games with extra bells and whistles That's just gimping the experience of the consoles potential. More advanced games with better visuals, physics and potentially better gameplay will become the norm faster if developed games are not chained to ancient hardware. As a gamer, this is what I would favour. I'll buy one to play PS5 games not slightly better PS4 games.

Why are we pretending as if the newer systems are going to introduce new gameplay experiences, AI, physics etc? Its like we go through this cycle every console launch, where gamers are so caught up in the fantasy of a newer console and all the mystical possibilities. We have been playing the same games for the past 2 decades. The first couple or more years is old games and old formula with new paint. It has always been like that. If you two haven't realized this, then there is not much to say. 🤷‍♀️

Except were not pretending. The difference between the gameplay experience between the PS3/360 and PS4/ XB1 was still pretty different. Worlds were far larger and more complexed. Visuals were vastly improved but the leap was not as massive as many would have hoped. The gap from the PS3 to PS2 from a gameplay perspective was huge though. I think the gap here will also be large.

Imagine completely seamless open worlds with thousands of NPC's with more complexed AI routines. This is possible because of next gen but not so much on cross gen titles.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
Sushiglutton

7723

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#16 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 7723 Posts

Dr Cerny explained that the SSD will change how games get designed from the ground up. No longer do developers have to hide loading using long corridors, breaking up the levels in chunks or other such techniques. Instead developers can create the gaming space they want.

Above is only true if they can design the game for Ps5 only. If they are forced to make it cross gen, all the design benefits of ps5 vanishes.

I support Sony’s approach. Unleash the full creativity of the developers!

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

45883

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#17 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 45883 Posts

So long as the system retains BC with the PS4, then I'm not taken at back by this.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

20087

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20087 Posts

@Pedro said:

Its always interesting to see people support things that are not in gamers favor.

Lol, yep. That's what blind fanboyism does I guess.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

2367

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19 Subspecies  Online
Member since 2018 • 2367 Posts

@Pedro: @hrt_rulz01: Look, we get it. You guys are cool with next gen games being held back by old gen tech. You do you, I guess. More power to you.

Meanwhile....

@wervenom said:
@Pedro said:

Its always interesting to see people support things that are not in gamers favor.

Not in the gamers favor? There will be a massive gap in visual fidelity between cross gen and next gen only titles. Imagine still having to develop a game for those shitty jaguar cores.

@floppydics said:
@wervenom said:
@Pedro said:

Its always interesting to see people support things that are not in gamers favor.

Not in the gamers favor? There will be a massive gap in visual fidelity between cross gen and next gen only titles. Imagine still having to develop a game for those shitty jaguar cores.

This. I buy a next gen console to play next gen games not last gen games with extra bells and whistles That's just gimping the experience of the consoles potential. More advanced games with better visuals, physics and potentially better gameplay will become the norm faster if developed games are not chained to ancient hardware. As a gamer, this is what I would favour. I'll buy one to play PS5 games not slightly better PS4 games.

@Nonstop-Madness said:

One of the biggest promises of next gen is how it will fundamentally change how developers can create game experiences.

If that's actually true, then you shouldn't be able to port it to a last generation console. It's that simple.

It's good to see that Sony will focus on making PS5 games truly "next gen".

@Telekill said:

@Pedro: "not in gamers favor"...

Sure man... whatever. Let me play my 360 game on my original gen Xbox. How about my Dreamcast game on Sega CD. No? How about my SNES game on my NES...

Oh... so it's always been done with a handful of exceptions?

@wervenom said:
@Pedro said:
@floppydics said:
@wervenom said:

Not in the gamers favor? There will be a massive gap in visual fidelity between cross gen and next gen only titles. Imagine still having to develop a game for those shitty jaguar cores.

This. I buy a next gen console to play next gen games not last gen games with extra bells and whistles That's just gimping the experience of the consoles potential. More advanced games with better visuals, physics and potentially better gameplay will become the norm faster if developed games are not chained to ancient hardware. As a gamer, this is what I would favour. I'll buy one to play PS5 games not slightly better PS4 games.

Why are we pretending as if the newer systems are going to introduce new gameplay experiences, AI, physics etc? Its like we go through this cycle every console launch, where gamers are so caught up in the fantasy of a newer console and all the mystical possibilities. We have been playing the same games for the past 2 decades. The first couple or more years is old games and old formula with new paint. It has always been like that. If you two haven't realized this, then there is not much to say. 🤷‍♀️

Except were not pretending. The difference between the gameplay experience between the PS3/360 and PS4/ XB1 was still pretty different. Worlds were far larger and more complexed. Visuals were vastly improved but the leap was not as massive as many would have hoped. The gap from the PS3 to PS2 from a gameplay perspective was huge though. I think the gap here will also be large.

Imagine completely seamless open worlds with thousands of NPC's with more complexed AI routines. This is possible because of next gen but not so much on cross gen titles.

@Sushiglutton said:

Dr Cerny explained that the SSD will change how games get designed from the ground up. No longer do developers have to hide loading using long corridors, breaking up the levels in chunks or other such techniques. Instead developers can create the gaming space they want.

Above is only true if they can design the game for Ps5 only. If they are forced to make it cross gen, all the design benefits of ps5 vanishes.

I support Sony’s approach. Unleash the full creativity of the developers!

Yep to all of this.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

30657

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 30657 Posts

Meh. I really don’t care if games are exclusive or not to any particular generation. If a game interests me then I’ll play it regardless.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

5127

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5127 Posts

Support MS strategy? May as well buy an X then.

Avatar image for ermacness
ermacness

8358

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8358 Posts

@Pedro said:

Its always interesting to see people support things that are not in gamers favor.

Exclusives have always been a huge part of gaming and console life. It's not the gamers fault for MS losing focus of that.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

55972

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#23 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 55972 Posts

@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:

Its always interesting to see people support things that are not in gamers favor.

Exclusives have always been a huge part of gaming and console life. It's not the gamers fault for MS losing focus of that.

Being a huge part of gaming, and being favourable to gamers and/or the consumers, are two entirely different things. MS have gone toward a service model, which Sony has lethargically followed.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

42468

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 42468 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Meh. I really don’t care if games are exclusive or not to any particular generation. If a game interests me then I’ll play it regardless.

Best post I seen all day :)

I don't plan to buy PS5 anytime soon, but if I see an exclusive that looks so much fun, I don't mind purchasing PS5 to do so.

(If it comes to PC, then it'll be different)

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

30657

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#25 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 30657 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Meh. I really don’t care if games are exclusive or not to any particular generation. If a game interests me then I’ll play it regardless.

Best post I seen all day :)

I don't plan to buy PS5 anytime soon, but if I see an exclusive that looks so much fun, I don't mind purchasing PS5 to do so.

(If it comes to PC, then it'll be different)

Thanks. 👍

Yeah, I just enjoy the games wherever I may find them.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4979

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#26 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4979 Posts

I think this is a great move by Sony. But what are those exclusives exactly? Horizon Zero Dawn 2? Yeah I'm hyped for that but what else? We're currently in MS 'we got nothing but Halo Infinite' territory.

The Sony event needs to show something big or none of this matters. I currently have no reason to even contemplate buying a PS5. People won't buy a PS5 to play better versions of Ghosts or SJW Agenda Of Us 2.

Give me God of War 2, Nier Automata 2, a new Silent Hill game (not that DLC crap), something, anything, then we can all have a discussion. And no that whole look at how fast that SSD is thing doesn't count as a 'something'.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

8026

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#27 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8026 Posts

@blueinheaven: Wait for the conference for game annoumcements then make ur judgement.

Avatar image for howmakewood
Howmakewood

6161

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 6161 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

I think this is a great move by Sony. But what are those exclusives exactly? Horizon Zero Dawn 2? Yeah I'm hyped for that but what else? We're currently in MS 'we got nothing but Halo Infinite' territory.

The Sony event needs to show something big or none of this matters. I currently have no reason to even contemplate buying a PS5. People won't buy a PS5 to play better versions of Ghosts or SJW Agenda Of Us 2.

Give me God of War 2, Nier Automata 2, a new Silent Hill game (not that DLC crap), something, anything, then we can all have a discussion. And no that whole look at hh that SSD is thing doesn't count as a 'something'.

Yeah this pretty much dictates when I'll jump in, bloodborne2, gow2 on launch and I'm there day0

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4979

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#29 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4979 Posts

@howmakewood said:
@blueinheaven said:

I think this is a great move by Sony. But what are those exclusives exactly? Horizon Zero Dawn 2? Yeah I'm hyped for that but what else? We're currently in MS 'we got nothing but Halo Infinite' territory.

The Sony event needs to show something big or none of this matters. I currently have no reason to even contemplate buying a PS5. People won't buy a PS5 to play better versions of Ghosts or SJW Agenda Of Us 2.

Give me God of War 2, Nier Automata 2, a new Silent Hill game (not that DLC crap), something, anything, then we can all have a discussion. And no that whole look at hh that SSD is thing doesn't count as a 'something'.

Yeah this pretty much dictates when I'll jump in, bloodborne2, gow2 on launch and I'm there day0

To be honest, Bloodborne 2 alone would be enough. But they have that whole Elden Ring thing going on so it's unlikely. Elden Ring at launch would of course also make it day one lol.

Basically, Sony please light a fire up From Software's ass and we're all good.

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

31413

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 31413 Posts

@Pedro:

Yeah like charging for free to play games.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

4979

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#31 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 4979 Posts
@sakaixx said:

@blueinheaven: Wait for the conference for game annoumcements then make ur judgement.

That's the plan.

Avatar image for nfamouslegend
NfamousLegend

555

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 555 Posts

I buy next gen game consoles to play next gen games. If it so happens to be backwards compatable then that's fine. There needs to be incentives to purchase that new hardware. I love what MS is doing with their BC program, but by making sure Series X has no exclusives for 2 years is a mistake.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

55972

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#33 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 55972 Posts

@nfamouslegend said:

I buy next gen game consoles to play next gen games. If it so happens to be backwards compatable then that's fine. There needs to be incentives to purchase that new hardware. I love what MS is doing with their BC program, but by making sure Series X has no exclusives for 2 years is a mistake.

Xbox has no exclusives full stop. They are all multiplat with PC.

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

31413

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 31413 Posts

@clone01:

That apply to both multiplatforms and exclusives and both PS and xbox

Avatar image for ermacness
ermacness

8358

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8358 Posts

@lundy86_4:

But Sony still believes in exclusives, just like Nintendo, PC, and even mobile gaming. It seems like the ONLY platform that no longer host exclusives is the Xbox.

Avatar image for floppydics
floppydics

352

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#36 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 352 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@howmakewood said:
@blueinheaven said:

I think this is a great move by Sony. But what are those exclusives exactly? Horizon Zero Dawn 2? Yeah I'm hyped for that but what else? We're currently in MS 'we got nothing but Halo Infinite' territory.

The Sony event needs to show something big or none of this matters. I currently have no reason to even contemplate buying a PS5. People won't buy a PS5 to play better versions of Ghosts or SJW Agenda Of Us 2.

Give me God of War 2, Nier Automata 2, a new Silent Hill game (not that DLC crap), something, anything, then we can all have a discussion. And no that whole look at hh that SSD is thing doesn't count as a 'something'.

Yeah this pretty much dictates when I'll jump in, bloodborne2, gow2 on launch and I'm there day0

To be honest, Bloodborne 2 alone would be enough. But they have that whole Elden Ring thing going on so it's unlikely. Elden Ring at launch would of course also make it day one lol.

Basically, Sony please light a fire up From Software's ass and we're all good.

Yep I would crack instantly for Bloodborne 2 :) c'mon sony do it. I've bought many consoles when there is just one game I have to play. Bought 360 for Dead Rising, PS3 for MGS4, PS4 for Bloodborne etc. Fingers crossed for Silent Hill.

Avatar image for Willy105
Willy105

25329

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25329 Posts

@ermacness said:

@lundy86_4:

But Sony still believes in exclusives, just like Nintendo, PC, and even mobile gaming. It seems like the ONLY platform that no longer host exclusives is the Xbox.

I doubt MS's future games made by all their new studios will be on Switch and Playstation, or even Mac and Linux. They will be exclusive to Microsoft products, so Xbox and Windows.

Even if a game is available on Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Windows 10; it is still exclusive to Microsoft, much like Xenoblade is a Nintendo exclusive despite being on Switch, 3DS, and Wii.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

55972

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#38 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 55972 Posts

@Willy105 said:

I doubt MS's future games made by all their new studios will be on Switch and Playstation, or even Mac and Linux. They will be exclusive to Microsoft products, so Xbox and Windows.

Even if a game is available on Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Windows 10; it is still exclusive to Microsoft, much like Xenoblade is a Nintendo exclusive despite being on Switch, 3DS, and Wii.

That's... Never how SW worked. It has always been on one system, no matter how individuals tried to change the meaning.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

5958

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5958 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Yeah like charging for free to play games.

Shots fired!

Avatar image for Willy105
Willy105

25329

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#40 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25329 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@Willy105 said:

I doubt MS's future games made by all their new studios will be on Switch and Playstation, or even Mac and Linux. They will be exclusive to Microsoft products, so Xbox and Windows.

Even if a game is available on Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Windows 10; it is still exclusive to Microsoft, much like Xenoblade is a Nintendo exclusive despite being on Switch, 3DS, and Wii.

That's... Never how SW worked. It has always been on one system, no matter how individuals tried to change the meaning.

That's not how Microsoft will see it though.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

16767

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#41 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16767 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Yeah like charging for free to play games.

Shots fired!

Yeah blanks lol.
Yeah blanks lol.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#42 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39981 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Yeah like charging for free to play games.

Shots fired!

Yeah blanks lol.
Yeah blanks lol.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#43  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39981 Posts
@wervenom said:

Except were not pretending. The difference between the gameplay experience between the PS3/360 and PS4/ XB1 was still pretty different. Worlds were far larger and more complexed. Visuals were vastly improved but the leap was not as massive as many would have hoped. The gap from the PS3 to PS2 from a gameplay perspective was huge though. I think the gap here will also be large.

Imagine completely seamless open worlds with thousands of NPC's with more complexed AI routines. This is possible because of next gen but not so much on cross gen titles.

Different? What are we experiencing now that is pretty different to that of the 360/PS3 era outside of prettier graphics?

We already have completely seamless open worlds with hundreds not thousands of NPCs. If complex AI wasn't important before don't expect that it would randomly be important now. What most gamers with these fantasy ideas don't consider is how does my fantasy feature add to the gaming experience? How practical is my fantasy idea? What are the actual limitations of my idea? As I have said before, we go through this dance every console launch and the most played, most desired games, most recognized games are the games with the same formula and are typically sequels. Stop pretending.

@subspecies don't act like you venture much outside the same experiences. Didn't you played a cross gen game and played the sequel to the game twice at full price? (Persona 5 Royal Edition). So, don't act like you are anticipating new experiences and that current gen is going to hold back gaming.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

2367

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#44 Subspecies  Online
Member since 2018 • 2367 Posts

@Pedro: No need for essays, dude. You're buried in this thread.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#45 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39981 Posts

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: No need for essays, dude. You're buried in this thread.

That's nice, now address the non essay issue I call you out on. :)

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

20087

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20087 Posts

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: @hrt_rulz01: Look, we get it. You guys are cool with next gen games being held back by old gen tech. You do you, I guess. More power to you.

And yet I'm betting that the vast majority of games will look/run better on XSX. But hey, we get it. You guys are cool with Sony giving you less options. More power to you :)

Avatar image for WitIsWisdom
WitIsWisdom

6017

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#47 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 6017 Posts

I don't know why so many people are acting as though this is a bad thing. It has been this way for every console generation and definitely the way I want to see it continue.

I'm not hating on MS for doing something different and shaking up the formula, but next gen exclusives have me the most excited.

Is it time to start actually revealing shit yet? lol..

The 4th can't come fast enough.. unless the show is as bad or worse than MS's showing of multiplay indie cut scene compilations with shitty camera angles flashing by 1,000 mph giving everyone seizures.. lol. Deh gampley..

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

2367

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#48 Subspecies  Online
Member since 2018 • 2367 Posts

@Pedro: Okay, dude.

Avatar image for subspecies
Subspecies

2367

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#49 Subspecies  Online
Member since 2018 • 2367 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Key word: betting.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

39981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#50 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39981 Posts

@subspecies said:

@Pedro: Okay, dude.

Talks about new experiences, hype up a cross gen game and pay full price for the same game twice. LMAO. Buh buh we want new experiences.