Uncharted Vs Gears Of War (sales)

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Currently the uncharted series has amounted to over 17m units so far (as of april 2012)

And it's counterpart "gears of war" has sold 19m units (as of november 8th 2012)

My question is, which will end up selling more?

PlazmaClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 PlazmaClone
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts

Pokemanz

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52454 Posts
I'd say GeoW because it's already ahead and Judgment is coming.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Meeeper282

Pokemanz

PlazmaClone

Pokemon has already outsold these 2 combined, then times that by 20

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Strangely enough, Gears of War has a one-year head start over Uncharted just like their parent consoles. :lol:

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Meeeper282

I'd say GeoW because it's already ahead and Judgment is coming.freedomfreak

I actually forgot about that game, but i doubt it will do much, it's a prequel with little hype

PlazmaClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PlazmaClone
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts

[QUOTE="PlazmaClone"]

Pokemanz

Meeeper282

Wii fit has outsold gears,uncahrted and pokemanz and every mario game in existance
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Gears of War, they have another game coming up and the VITA version of UC flopped big time.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="PlazmaClone"]

Pokemanz

PlazmaClone

Wii fit has outsold gears,uncahrted and pokemanz and every mario game in existance

Actually pokemon is the second highest selling franchise in history :P mario being first :P

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Meeeper282

Gears of War, they have another game coming up and the VITA version of UC flopped big time.

TheEpicGoat

Everygame on the vita is a flop, it's a bigger failure then the original xbox

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I'd say GeoW because it's already ahead and Judgment is coming.Meeeper282

I actually forgot about that game, but i doubt it will do much, it's a prequel with little hype

It's Gears of War. A critically acclaimed, high scoring franchise. It will definitely do something.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Uncharted = The Beatles Gears of War = Diana Degarmo
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I'd say GeoW because it's already ahead and Judgment is coming.freedomfreak

It's Gears of War. A critically acclaimed, high scoring franchise. It will definitely do something.

obviously, it just won't be a gears of war 3

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEpicGoat"]

Meeeper282

Everygame on the vita is a flop, it's a bigger failure then the original xbox

I heard that game with the ink blobs was good, don't remember the name just see it alot.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
bluray is scratchless, alot of the gears sales were repurchases because one touch on the sh!tty dvd disc can break the game, while taking a knife to a blu ray would still leave it in mint condition.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

considering there is a new Geow coming out, guess Geow will have more total sales

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Meeeper282

obviously, it just won't be a gears of war 3

And?
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'd guess Uncharted considering Sony is throwing a copy in with every Black Friday deal. The game also comes included with a controller pack, and of course the Uncharted Double pack is still for sale. I'd also imagine we are not far from an Uncharted Triple pack or Trilogy pack including UC3 GOTY. Sony is truly the master of milkage.

Gears 3 on the other hand has pretty much only sold individual copies. Where's the Gears Trilogy pack MS? Sometimes I really wonder what MS is thinking. They really need to learn from Sony. The holiday pack Xbox 360 that is out now should have Forza and Gears in it instead of Skyrim.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Uncharted sales reached 17 million? Wow, that's more than 5 million a piece!

I'm assuming 7 million UC2 -- 6 million UC3 and 4 million for UC1?

I thought PS3 exclusives didn't sell.. :p

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
Gears, even though Uncharted is the better franchise.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Strangely enough, Gears of War has a one-year head start over Uncharted just like their parent consoles. :lol:

jun_aka_pekto

Gears of War is also not bundled with 360 systems nearly as often as Uncharted is with PS3s. I believe every single Uncharted game has come bundled with PS3s for months at a time, and yet the only Gears bundle the 360 has ever seen was the Gears 3 Limited Edition bundle which cost $400.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Meeeper282

Uncharted sales reached 17 million? Wow, that's more than 5 million a piece!

I'm assuming 7 million UC2 -- 6 million UC3 and 4 million for UC1?

I thought PS3 exclusives didn't sell.. :p

Mozelleple112

Uncharted isn't an exclusive anymore, there is an uncharted card game that will be available on mobile phones :P

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
Please stop making threads, you are a real attention whore.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Meeeper282

Please stop making threads, you are a real attention whore.gamebreakerz__

That will only encourage me :P

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Holy crap, didn't know Uncharted sold that much. Pretty awesome.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Without a new Uncharted in the horizon (new Gears of War game though), and Gears already slightly ahead, it's kind of obvious isn't it? Unless we hear about Uncharted 4 at the VGA's or something and it's so amazing that Jesus ascends from the heavens with Allah and Buddha themselves just to play it and ensure a new world order of everyone buying it.

Or I guess if Judgement didn't do so well and Uncharted 4 got massive hype, that too. But right now, it's looking like Gears.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Without a new Uncharted in the horizon (new Gears of War game though), and Gears already slightly ahead, it's kind of obvious isn't it? Unless we hear about Uncharted 4 at the VGA's or something and it's so amazing that Jesus ascends from the heavens with Allah and Buddha themselves just to play it and ensure a new world order of everyone buying it.

Or I guess if Judgement didn't do so well and Uncharted 4 got massive hype, that too. But right now, it's looking like Gears.

SPYDER0416
Yeah but I voted Uncharted anyway. MOOOOOOOOOO
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23300 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I'd say GeoW because it's already ahead and Judgment is coming.Meeeper282

????
dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts
Gears, even though Uncharted is the better franchise. khoofia_pika
This, the brah gamers like gears.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23300 Posts
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Gears, even though Uncharted is the better franchise. dvalo9

Absolutely moronic statement.... so only gamers who like poor shooting mechanics and michael bay films like uncharted? Got it
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

Gears has a much larger fanbase so....yea.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Gears, even though Uncharted is the better franchise. khoofia_pika
That is just your opinion. I personally think Gears are the better games. I have played all the UC games and I have no desire to ever play them again. They are fun games but not the type you want to play many times. I saw the cutscenes and I saw the cinematic events so no reason to go back. Gears on the other hand has imo much more enjoyable gameplay. On additional play throughs of Gears I know what is going to happen but the gameplay and the enemies are fun enough for me to want to play the games more then once. Uncharted's gameplay and enemies are not good enough for me to want to play through a entire game again.

brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

bluray is scratchless, alot of the gears sales were repurchases because one touch on the sh!tty dvd disc can break the game, while taking a knife to a blu ray would still leave it in mint condition.PressXtoJump

Yeah, ask Netflix about the problems they were having with scratched Blu-ray discs. Keep mooing.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="dvalo9"][QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Gears, even though Uncharted is the better franchise. TheEroica

Absolutely moronic statement.... so only gamers who like poor shooting mechanics and michael bay films like uncharted? Got it

The shooting mechanics are average to say the least.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

Desmonic

Gears of War is also not bundled with 360 systems nearly as often as Uncharted is with PS3s. I believe every single Uncharted game has come bundled with PS3s for months at a time, and yet the only Gears bundle the 360 has ever seen was the Gears 3 Limited Edition bundle which cost $400.

Not on Europe it wasn't. There were console bundles with Gears 1 & 2, bundles with Gears 2 & *random game* and just the games bundle (Gears 1&2 again). Still haven't seen anything with Gears 3, but I'm sure it's coming eventually. Also IMO I don't think any game, with the exception of a few mega sellers (aka Halo, COD, GTA and maybe FIFA [in Europe only]) sell all that much when bundled with a console. I mean yeah, they sell, but if anything it's a small boost over the standalone game sales...

This Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle has been running in America since last November, and prior to that was the Uncharted 2 bundle, and before that the Uncharted 1 bundle. When you consider that, in America, the PS3 sells a couple hundred thousand units a month, that adds up.

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
Gears always tends to sell better simply because it has the better multiplayer. Uncharted multiplayer is great, no doubt, but just not as much as Gears.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="dvalo9"] This, the brah gamers like gears. el3m2tigre

The shooting mechanics are average to say the least.

They were competent in uc2 but borderline broken in the other console releases. I'd put G.A.'s gunplay in second place for the series.
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

It's Gears. MS will start the hype train a few weeks before release and then report franchise record numbers a few days later.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60730 Posts

jun_aka_pekto
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ly_the_Fairy

Hmmm, perhaps. But I still don't think they account for that many sales unlike the more famous system sellers. For example with Halo bundles or GTA bundles you know boosts in sales (in hardware) can be attributed to those single games alone.

The same can't really be said for Uncharted or even Gears.. they don't have the same strength. Unless Sony in America only provides 1 or 2 bundles during the year, there will always be more bundles claiming part of those sales and, of course, the console alone will sell the most.

Desmonic

Well, at least in America, Uncharted 3 has been bundled with the PS3 similar to how Wii Sports is bundled in with the Wii. It's not a special promotion, or a limited edition; it's just there, and like I said it's been bundled in since last November.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I think what's more important to notice is that Uncharted has almost sold as much as gears in a shorter amount of time, to a smaller fanbase. If only Cows supported more of the exclusives as enthusiastically.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2885 Posts

I think what's more important to notice is that Uncharted has almost sold as much as gears in a shorter amount of time, to a smaller fanbase. If only Cows supported more of the exclusives as enthusiastically.

commonfate
To be fair though it´s four games against three and Gears still comes out on top,it will vastly extend it´s lead with the release of Judgement.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

MrYaotubo

To be fair though it´s four games against three and Gears still comes out on top,it will vastly extend it´s lead with the release of Judgement.

do you honostly believe the vita version did anything at all? doubt it even sold 300k

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ly_the_Fairy

commonfate

What's more important to notice than that is the fact that there's been an Uncharted 3 bundle on store shelves for the last year, and prior to that was Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 1.

When the PS3 sells 3-5 million in a year here in America it equals lots of sales for Uncharted.

In comparison this is the only Gears of War bundle we've seen in America (outside of any stores doing their own individual promotions)

gears-of-war-3-bundle.jpg

A very limited run of a special edition 360 which cost $400.

I'm willing to bet that, in terms of non-bundle sales, Gears of War outsells Uncharted 5 to 1.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

Ly_the_Fairy

What's more important to notice than that is the fact that there's been an Uncharted 3 bundle on store shelves for the last year, and prior to that was Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 1.

When the PS3 sells 3-5 million in a year here in America it equals lots of sales for Uncharted.

In comparison this is the only Gears of War bundle we've seen in America (outside of any stores doing their own individual promotions)

gears-of-war-3-bundle.jpg

A very limited run of a special edition 360 which cost $400.

I'm willing to bet that, in terms of non-bundle sales, Gears of War outsells Uncharted 5 to 1.

but you have no proof, so stop talking out of your ass

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Gears has sold more to date, I believe, and with Judgement coming soon... well there's your answer.

For me Uncharted has the better Single Player, save for the 3rd installment, I think Gears 3 was better than Uncharted 3 for the campaign.

But. Gears has better Multiplayer.

I love both franchises... equally.