Uncharted =/= Tomb Raider

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MetalContra
Member since 2006 • 1131 Posts
Calling this game a Tomb Raider clone is just dumb. It would be like calling every RTS a Dune Clone, or calling every FPS game a Wolfenstien 3d clone. How many times has the treasure hunter genre even been done? Not that many... Gamers should be thankful for something fresh. Besides, Tomb Raider 1 and 2 were good but after that they were pretty meh...
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
It resembles Tomb Raider.
martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
No this isn't a Tomb Raider clone its just Tomb raider and Gears of War combined. Not very original eh?
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

It resembles Tomb Raider.BioShockOwnz

Come on, now.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts
more like indiana jones with some prince of persia in the mix.
KeeperofDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KeeperofDingo
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
Of course it isn't Tomb Raider, Drake isn't a woman.
MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MetalContra
Lora Croft has a perfect body, perfect aim, perfect landings when flipping sideways and off walls, and can swan dive off a mile high cliff perfectly every time. Drake is a much more believable character.
MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MetalContra

Of course it isn't Tomb Raider, Drake isn't a woman.KeeperofDingo

yea but tons of lemms are calling it "Dude Raider" etc.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

Calling this game a Tomb Raider clone is just dumb. It would be like calling every RTS a Dune Clone, or calling every FPS game a Wolfenstien 3d clone. How many times has the treasure hunter genre even been done? Not that many... Gamers should be thankful for something fresh. Besides, Tomb Raider 1 and 2 were good but after that they were pretty meh...MetalContra

Don't worry what people say. How many games have we been playing where we needed to kill aliens, fight Nazis, rescue a damsel in distress or become a one man army against an enemywho is bent on taking over the world. Its a jungle platformer so everyone is gonna think Tomb raider but has an awsome story and duck and cover system. Don't worry most games resemble another.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts

[QUOTE="KeeperofDingo"]Of course it isn't Tomb Raider, Drake isn't a woman.MetalContra

lol I didnt call it that but that a good name for the game, I'll now start refering to it as dude raider too :P

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Well there's trees.

Personally, I believe they should have included Marines in the game. American. Meatheaded. Probably from space and/or work in areas related to inter planetary war/erradication of aliens.

I've not seen that before.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
Tomb Raider + Gears of war = (had a baby ) Uncharted
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Well there's trees.

Personally, I believe they should have included Marines in the game. American. Meatheaded. Probably from space and/or work in areas related to inter planetary war/erradication of aliens.

inertk

You know what'd be really creative? If they were bald. Also there should be some form of invasion. I think that'd really make it stand out.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

[QUOTE="KeeperofDingo"]Of course it isn't Tomb Raider, Drake isn't a woman.MetalContra

dude raider sounds like they raid dudes.:|

sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

Dont flame me "cows" but... to me it looks like a Marcus Fenix and Lara Crofts retarded child.

...Doesnt mean the game wont be good...:lol:

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

It's already got the bad combat and horrible platforming. give the guy some implants andit's basically the same game
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
But it DOES bear alot of resemblances, you can't deny that.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inertk
[QUOTE="inertk"]

Well there's trees.

InsaneBasura

You know what'd be really creative? If they were bald. Also there should be some form of invasion. I think that'd really make it stand out.

Sounds like a original game, the entire premise just seems so "tangible" y'know?

I'm confused though, it sounds like an FPS but making it a TPS would be an interesting twist to the genre, plus UE3 could easily render the lack'o'hair necessary for the main character to come into his own.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="inertk"]

Well there's trees.

inertk

Sounds like a original game, the entire premise just seems so "tangible" y'know?

I'm confused though, it sounds like an FPS but making it a TPS would be an interesting twist to the genre, plus UE3 could easily render the lack'o'hair necessary for the main character to come into his own.

Who called GeoW original? GeoW and Uncharted are both unoriginal to the max!

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 inertk
[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="inertk"]

Well there's trees.

BioShockOwnz

Who called GeoW original? GeoW and Uncharted are both unoriginal to the max!

What the **** makes you think I'm talking about Gears of War? I KNOW Gears of War is unoriginal, parts of it are. Same with Uncharted, and almost every other game too.

I just think it's strange how people can have the audacity to put this down for any similarities it may have with Tomb Raider when it's hardly a populated genre along with the style and approach of the game. 'Least to me.

Really the only thing that is starting to annoy me is "bald space marines" and all their little friends.

I'd kill for some Wipeout.