PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@ArchoNils2: @thedork_knight: "Still not interested considering how dull UC4 is."

3 middle chapters were good.

But yeah 4 sucked big time. How can s game get 9's and 10's for being a walking/climbing simulator?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#152 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Yakuza: Kiwami comes out on the 29th. It should be AA goodness for $30 US.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#153  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Another great game that will have to wait. Just bought Sonic Mania and after the latest NMS update, i simply can't stop playing it...again!

Something is factual: between AAAs and indies, this gen has been insanely good!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Right on. Haven't played UC4 yet, but I'll put this on the backlog right after it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Only 1 point higher than Halo 5 on Metacritic? Must be absolute shit then according to many people in this thread

Lol yeah... funny that.

Anyway, the average scores seem to be about 7 or 8. So solid, but not brilliant.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#156 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Impressive for a standalone dlc.

Y'all can keep it

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

I'll buy one of the many used copies that are gonna flood gamestop and such a month after release for $7.99 just to gaze at that ND polish in the artwork. These games depreciate faster than Andromeda. I feel the extremely talented design team is being wasted on these projects and would love to fully support with a full price purchase but nah, already did so with the previous games and i couldn't muster the slightest desire to finish 3 and 4 after like two hours each. This series overstayed its welcome at 2 for me which i thought was fantastic.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 hrt_rulz01

@lexxluger said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

So taking away the automatic extra 2 points it gets for being a ND game, in reality it's probably a 7 or so.

Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like at my cousin's house.

Are you the same guy who talks about "cows" being the worst group of fanboys?

It's funny how people who like to make negative accusations about others being this way or that way tend to be the worst offenders of that specific accusation.

You gave a short post but filled with delusion, jealousy and completed with a trusty old conspiracy theory to bring the "cows" home.

Good job buddy, you just went full FB, and I'm not talking about facebook.

I'm being serious... If this game was made by anyone other than Naughty Dog (or maybe Nintendo), do you think it would score exactly the same? I'm certain some (not all) reviewers would score it less automatically. I can almost guarantee that if this was made by a MS studio or an EA studio etc, it would get average scores.

But anyway, just my opinion.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: You lems and your tinfoil hats ?.

"Teh bias" hasn't stopped Nintendo from getting AAA scores left and right or scoring one of the highest rated games of all time on the Switch. Face it dude, MS Studios right now sucks and has only a handful of notable good games. They are just putting out trash for the most part and getting the mediocre reviews they deserve. No one is out to smear MS like you clowns claim. When they start putting in the effort they'll get better reviews.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 hrt_rulz01

@quadknight said:

"Teh bias" hasn't stopped Nintendo from getting AAA scores left and right or scoring one of the highest rated games of all time on the Switch. Face it dude, MS Stufios right now sucks and has only a handful of notable good games. They are just putting out trash for the most part and getting the mediocre reviews they deserve. No on is out to smear MS like you clowns claim. When they start putting in the effort they'll get better reviews.

You're kidding right? If MS put out a high profile game like Uncharted: LL and it got a 7.5 (IGN), you cows would erupt in laughter and call it a "flop".

But anyway, just my opinion. Yous obviously disagree.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#161 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:

"Teh bias" hasn't stopped Nintendo from getting AAA scores left and right or scoring one of the highest rated games of all time on the Switch. Face it dude, MS Stufios right now sucks and has only a handful of notable good games. They are just putting out trash for the most part and getting the mediocre reviews they deserve. No on is out to smear MS like you clowns claim. When they start putting in the effort they'll get better reviews.

You're kidding right? If MS put out a high profile game like Uncharted: LL and it got a 7.5 (IGN), you cows would erupt in laughter and call it a "flop".

Never forget The Last of Us(ps3) review on gamespot

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1473 Posts

If it's as sleep inducing as Uncharted 4 was , I think it's safe to say that I'll not be playing it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 hrt_rulz01

@metalslimenite said:

@hrt_rulz01: Always playing the victim. Sad and pathetic, like your supportive, passive-aggressive posting style.

Lol, wtf are you talking about... anyway, whatevs. Just trying to keep up with the cows on these forums... although I probably shouldn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Reading some of these saltalicious responses......it's like you guys expected this to be UC5. It's just a DLC, come on. I suppose this speaks to the worth of Naughty Dog, though. Everything they do is held to exceedingly high standards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#166 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@lexxluger said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

So taking away the automatic extra 2 points it gets for being a ND game, in reality it's probably a 7 or so.

It's funny how people who like to make negative accusations about others being this way or that way tend to be the worst offenders of that specific accusation.

You gave a short post but filled with delusion, jealousy and completed with a trusty old conspiracy theory to bring the "cows" home.

I'm being serious... If this game was made by anyone other than Naughty Dog (or maybe Nintendo), do you think it would score exactly the same? I'm certain some (not all) reviewers would score it less automatically. I can almost guarantee that if this was made by a MS studio or an EA studio etc, it would get average scores.

I mean, you used to be better than these relentless conspiracy theories, I wonder what happened there.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#167 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

YouTube exclusive.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@charizard1605 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@lexxluger said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I mean, you used to be better than these relentless conspiracy theories, I wonder what happened there.

It's just my opinion, char. Not everyone has to agree with it. I think that SOME reviewers give it a higher score automatically because it's a ND game. It probably happens with other developers too. No big deal.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#170 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@eNT1TY said:

I'll buy one of the many used copies that are gonna flood gamestop and such a month after release for $7.99 just to gaze at that ND polish in the artwork. These games depreciate faster than Andromeda. I feel the extremely talented design team is being wasted on these projects and would love to fully support with a full price purchase but nah, already did so with the previous games and i couldn't muster the slightest desire to finish 3 and 4 after like two hours each. This series overstayed its welcome at 2 for me which i thought was fantastic.

Uncharted 4 is still like 40-50 bucks tho

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 jcrame10

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@lexxluger said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

It's just my opinion, char. Not everyone has to agree with it. I think that SOME reviewers give it a higher score automatically because it's a ND game. It probably happens with other developers too. No big deal.

The thing is EA and Microsoft probably couldn't make a game of the same calibre as Naughty Dog lololol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@metalslimenite said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@metalslimenite said:

@hrt_rulz01: Always playing the victim. Sad and pathetic, like your supportive, passive-aggressive posting style.

Lol, wtf are you talking about... anyway, whatevs. Just trying to keep up with the cows on these forums... although I probably shouldn't.

"wtf are you talking about..." Like how you always say shit like "waaah, xbox games always get low scores here while Nintendo and Naughty Dog always get scored 2 points higher automatically, waaah". You always talk about cows like they are so much more of a fanboy than you are, yet you bust in to threads like this with that weak shit.

What? I don't complain that all Xbox games get low scores... some I don't agree with, some I do. And whilst I think ND (and sometimes Nintendo) do get some leniency from SOME reviewers sometimes, I hardly shout it from the rooftops.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#173 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@ArchoNils2: @thedork_knight: "Still not interested considering how dull UC4 is."

3 middle chapters were good.

But yeah 4 sucked big time. How can s game get 9's and 10's for being a walking/climbing simulator?

Because it's exclusive, made by a popular studio and it looks good (for a console game) probably.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@jcrame10 said:
@eNT1TY said:

It's been $40 sticker price for months, and on discount for at least $30 new multiple times.

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@lexxluger said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Your opinion is what it is, but you can't use that to deflect from making factually incorrect statements. Let's examine some factoids:

• Any series or developer with a legacy, any of them, get 'inflation' bias. This is limited not just to Nintendo, Blizzard, and Naughty Dog (the three who are accused of benefiting from this most often), but others such as Square Enix, Capcom, Kojima, Sega, Gran Turismo, Tomb Raider, Rockstar, Halo, Bungie, Bioware, Bethesda, Forza, and many, many more
  • The 'nostalgia' argument is worthless, simply because nostalgia in and of itself is not a sustainable strategy to get accolades and higher scores, you need to consistently back up said nostalgia with quality products. If you don't, the backlash can be as intense as the praise. Proof of instances where companies consistently back their 'nostalgia' or 'inflation' bias with quality- Rockstar, Blizzard, Nintendo, Naughty Dog, Bethesda. Proof of instances of severe backlash when nostalgia is not backed with quality- Sonic, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metroid, Mass Effect Andromeda, the Wii U

People think that inflation- or nostalgia-bias for scores is meant to invalidate or diminish those scores somewhat when they use that argument, what they don't realize is by implying consistent nostalgia/inflation bias, those people are praising the companies and games they want to diminish, because the only way to maintain that bias is with a consistent output of quality products.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 jcrame10

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@metalslimenite said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@metalslimenite said:

"wtf are you talking about..." Like how you always say shit like "waaah, xbox games always get low scores here while Nintendo and Naughty Dog always get scored 2 points higher automatically, waaah". You always talk about cows like they are so much more of a fanboy than you are, yet you bust in to threads like this with that weak shit.

What? I don't complain that all Xbox games get low scores... some I don't agree with, some I do. And whilst I think ND (and sometimes Nintendo) do get some leniency from SOME reviewers sometimes, I hardly shout it from the rooftops.

Def not. ND is quality and it reflects in every aspect of their games. While I don't agree with every decision Nintendo makes, and I certainly don't like every game they put out, they definitely are a quality development team that crafts well developed games (even if it is just a few genres they've perfected over the last 30 years)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 hrt_rulz01

@charizard1605 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@eNT1TY said:

It's been $40 sticker price for months, and on discount for at least $30 new multiple times.

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@lexxluger said:

Your opinion is what it is, but you can't use that to deflect from making factually incorrect statements. Let's examine some factoids:

• Any series or developer with a legacy, any of them, get 'inflation' bias. This is limited not just to Nintendo, Blizzard, and Naughty Dog (the three who are accused of benefiting from this most often), but others such as Square Enix, Capcom, Kojima, Sega, Gran Turismo, Tomb Raider, Rockstar, Halo, Bungie, Bioware, Bethesda, Forza, and many, many more
  • The 'nostalgia' argument is worthless, simply because nostalgia in and of itself is not a sustainable strategy to get accolades and higher scores, you need to consistently back up said nostalgia with quality products. If you don't, the backlash can be as intense as the praise. Proof of instances where companies consistently back their 'nostalgia' or 'inflation' bias with quality- Rockstar, Blizzard, Nintendo, Naughty Dog, Bethesda. Proof of instances of severe backlash when nostalgia is not backed with quality- Sonic, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Metroid, Mass Effect Andromeda, the Wii U

People think that inflation- or nostalgia-bias for scores is meant to invalidate or diminish those scores somewhat when they use that argument, what they don't realize is by implying consistent nostalgia/inflation bias, those people are praising the companies and games they want to diminish, because the only way to maintain that bias is with a consistent output of quality products.

I'm not trying to diminish any game... well it wasn't my intention anyway.

And I hope you call out certain other fanboys who post what you think are "factually incorrect statements" about certain products.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@hrt_rulz01: I do it all the time, that's why everyone hates me

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#178 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@TheEroica:

But it's like you said, it all comes down to what you want from the game. In that sense, there's no way for a review to be terrible because everyone enjoys the game differently.

I. E. - Maybe Bobby likes the firefights and Anna like the dress up options. So Anna likes the customization aspect of the game while Bobby never even touched that feature.

So could be the case for many players who will play Lost Legacy. Most returning players will just plow through the game without exploring the empty open world. Are you saying that's not possible? There are plenty of games out there that use an open world as sort of a hub so you can go from mission to mission. Maybe that's what happened here? Either way, I'm going to find out soon enough.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

@killered3: all that matters is how you feel about it. I agree. Let me know what you think after you play it.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Well Uncharted 4 always puts me to sleep within the first 30 minutes of playing it, maybe this game will put me in a coma. I really need some deep sleep right now!

I really want to beat Uncharted 4, but damn is it BORING!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@killered3 said:

@TheEroica:

But it's like you said, it all comes down to what you want from the game. In that sense, there's no way for a review to be terrible because everyone enjoys the game differently.

I. E. - Maybe Bobby likes the firefights and Anna like the dress up options. So Anna likes the customization aspect of the game while Bobby never even touched that feature.

So could be the case for many players who will play Lost Legacy. Most returning players will just plow through the game without exploring the empty open world. Are you saying that's not possible? There are plenty of games out there that use an open world as sort of a hub so you can go from mission to mission. Maybe that's what happened here? Either way, I'm going to find out soon enough.

I mean, every game, even the worst one, will find someone that enjoys something about it. That's not exactly a valid defense.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:

Ya know, I'm sure there are some sony fans that would bring up that 7.5 IGN score if a high profile xbox exclusive got that score there, but I don't think anyone would call it a "flop" if the GS score was AAA. I also don't think anyone would try to suggest the IGN score was the "real" score of the game...lol but perhaps that's just my line of thought.

When you say what you think "cows" would do and you have NOTHING to validate that line of thinking it means you're just projecting you own mentality on to others. You think because it's what you would do (and kind of actually did) you want to paint a picture that everyone would do it too.

There is nothing wrong with bringing up other scores to discuss varying opinions on an experience of a game because I think, unless the reviewer is a troll, all opinions are valid and could possibly reflect someone's experience.

There are so many conspiracy theory's thrown around this place it's hard to determine if any of you guys are mentally stable. Look it's ok to believe something, but if you REALLY believe that, then try to establish your opinion by finding something solid that others can rationalize with.

This:

"Everyone's out to get xbox one and be mean to it's games while Sony and Nintendo games get a free ride in reviews so their scores don't count"

Isn't the kind of argument that's going to get you any respect in an argument or as a poster in general. Come up with better material to establish your opinion and some solid basis to ground it on and we will listen; everyone might not agree but at least we would take you seriously.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 lexxluger

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@metalslimenite said:

That...really doesn't make any sense.

Do you blame all of your outlandish posts on "the cows"?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 hrt_rulz01

@lexxluger: It's funny... Whenever an Xbox exclusive releases, like Gears 4 and Halo Wars 2, certain cows posted topics on here claiming the game "flopped" because it got an average score on some site. And they seemed to find it funny. I'm sure some even claimed they only got some decent scores because of the names attached to them.

But then I do it, and GS has a meltdown. Talk about hypocritical.

But anyway, I'll retract my statement. Geez. I should've known it's a sin to say anything negative about ND.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@lexxluger: It's funny... Whenever an Xbox exclusive releases, like Gears 4 and Halo Wars 2, certain cows posted topics on here claiming the game "flopped" because it got an average score on some site. And they seemed to find it funny. I'm sure some even claimed they only got some decent scores because of the names attached to them.

But anyway, I'll retract my statement. Geez. I should've known it's a sin to say anything negative about ND.

You're missing the larger point if you're still saying this

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By jcrame10

@charizard1605 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

You're missing the larger point if you're still saying this

Gears and Halo are 2 of the biggest names for the XBox brand...this is a 6 hour Uncharted DLC spin off.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@quadknight: can't have it both ways though, Gamespot reviews are not the beacon of light in gaming and we both know that.

I don't want someone to falsely trash a game, but I do want there to be thoughtful and specific counterpoint to what went right/wrong...

Ultimately I agree, if you're a fan, then get ready for a 6th helping. If you've grown weary this game isn't gonna relight the fire.

When the Andromeda reviews came out I couldn't believe it.... Im a fan. After playing it, I cherry picked from reviews who got it right and wrong. They focused on cut scene eyeballs, which doesn't bother me in the least. It's a stupid cut scene that I don't get to be a part of, so it doesn't irritate me... The empty, uncompelling and waste of time open world however, really bothered me and I'm grateful for the publications that called that out.

Whichever meta score it arrives at is inconsequential, I'm looking forward to the threads two weeks after the game comes out.

"Bu..bu...Gamespot or metacritic don't matter"

One review from IGN does though...

LMFAO, what pathetic damage control.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 hrt_rulz01

@charizard1605: Yeah I must be... but the double standards on these forums is incredible.

But anyway...

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Naughty Dog are still trying to chase down and create their own Tomb Raider so bad and since Dude Raider fell short, they decide to switch it up by putting not one but two females on their game cover. Can't believe they're selling this for $40 bucks when the season pass was $25 and cheaper before.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 lexxluger

@hrt_rulz01 said:

lol psst, let me tell you a secret.

I didn't even like Uncharted 4 much and I'm not going to pick up TLL until it hits bargain bin $20 sell or less on PSN.

Now, with that out the way.

No one is getting on you if you have a negative opinion on ND games(have you even played them?) because Charizard has been down talking them this whole thread and no one has a problem with it. Why you ask? Because he's played the games and he's giving his personal opinion based on his experience which no one can dispute.

What people are addressing with you is your initial act of trying to diminish a game based on false pretenses that you created which come from a conspiracy theory you invented.

Why you invented it? Only you know for sure, but the fact is you're selectively applying your "theory" to Naughty Dog and Nintendo games to suit your own beliefs and justify knocking the reception the game received here.

In short, true blue fanboy stuff. The fact that you are VERY vocal about others being "the biggest fanboys" and then to come on here and post as you did, you kind of shined a spot light on yourself as to say:

"Hey, look at me! I'm being a hypocrite here! I like talk down on other fanboy groups but they've got nothing on me when I really get going...Watch me Go!"

So, I acknowledged your achievement, spectacular job really. "Cows" really got some catching up to do before they get on your level...I teasing now. Just remember when you post the same thing on a specific board virtually everyday people tend to remember the things you say.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 jcrame10

Who knew IGN could cause such intense triggers? Just look at that dislike bar.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

@knight-k: lol... Cmon you can try harder than that. At least dignify your response with something thoughtful to add.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#195  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@knight-k: lol... Cmon you can try harder than that. At least dignify your response with something thoughtful to add.

IGN is one other site. This is Gamespot. I was guessing that GS would give it an 8/10.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1844 Posts

Uncharted is extremely over hyped by fanboys who instead of enjoying the game play scores. Like in case of IGN, they demand a high score regardless of merit.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts

Just came to see the jelly

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

A dlc is more than Xbox had all year hence the hate.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

Who knew IGN could cause such intense triggers? Just look at that dislike bar.

Same when GS gave TLOU an 8

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 lexxluger

@ivangrozny said:

Uncharted is extremely over hyped by fanboys who instead of enjoying the game play scores. Like in case of IGN, they demand a high score regardless of merit.

Uncharted isn't that overrated. It's a highly polished and extremely competent game, it's just not everyone's cup of tea.

Ya, know different strokes?

Personally I can "not like" a game and still be able to separate my personal opinion and identify quality aspects of that game and give it merit appropriately though I know most people are not capable of doing that.