Uncharted 4 vs Quantum Break

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

So now that we know that QB is coming in April of this year, as well as UC4 (assuming no further delays on either side), which game do you think will have the most impact for it's respective console?

Will the close release dates affect either one? Will games like DS3, also releasing in April (April 12, 2016), affect them? Will the month of April be a glorious one? Will we see many, many comparison threads on System Wars?

Quantum Break - April 5, 2016

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - April 26, 2016

-----

What say you, System Warriors?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I imagine Uncharted 4 will sell more, because it's Uncharted, because Sony have been marketing it very well, and because it's on the more popular console of the generation, but I also equally think that Quantum Break will be a far better, fresher game.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605 said:

I imagine Uncharted 4 will sell more, because it's Uncharted, because Sony have been marketing it very well, and because it's on the more popular console of the generation, but I also equally think that Quantum Break will be a far better, fresher game.

How can we say which one will be "better" at this point though? For all we know, we're looking at two mighty fine flops :P

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Uncharted 4 will destroy it critically and commercially.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

New IP > Rehash, that is all. :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Quantum Break has dinosaurs and the continuation of CIA's story. It's not just Uncharted that doesn't stand a chance, no game does.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Desmonic  Moderator

@freedomfreak: QB has dinosaurs? GOAT. The GOAT of all GOATS!

Also, since when? :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freedomfreak

@Desmonic: Sam Lake confirmed it in an interview with Eurogamer.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic said:
@charizard1605 said:

How can we say which one will be "better" at this point though? For all we know, we're looking at two mighty fine flops :P

I'm going by what we have seen of the games so far- Uncharted looks like more Uncharted, Quantum Break looks like something legitimately new.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Can't wait to get both of these games this coming April 2016.

In all seriousness, Uncharted 4 is the final game for Nathan Drake, it's a well know franchise that everyone knows that it will indeed put the boot to Quantum Break since it's a new IP and QB had a lot of delays vs UC4, so the hype has lost for QB making UC4 the victor.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Desmonic  Moderator

@freedomfreak: It's gonna be a random museum isn't it? xD

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By freedomfreak

@Desmonic: Yeah, could be. Or there's some crazy time rip that makes you peak into the prehistoric for a bit.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605 said:

I'm going by what we have seen of the games so far- Uncharted looks like more Uncharted, Quantum Break looks like something legitimately new.

See, a better answer would have been dinosaurs :P

Slightly back on topic: I think the impact of the UC Collection has made sure UC4 will sell likely better than the previous installments. I just hope MS backs QB instead of sending it out to die like they did with RoTR.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Desmonic  Moderator

@freedomfreak said:

@Desmonic: Yeah, could be. Or there's some crazy time rip that makes you peak into the prehistoric for a bit.

Cool, yet kinda generic. Depends on how they approach it I suppose. Way too many cartoons do the same :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Uncharted 4 for sure, my favorite Sony IP.

I'll get QB too as it is looking really good.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Uncharted will no doubt win sales, while it's quite predictable as a game it's not going to be spectacular and it's not going to flop either, meanwhile Quantum Break can do either.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@freedomfreak: QB has dinosaurs? GOAT. The GOAT of all GOATS!

Also, since when? :P

Uncharted 4 could also have dinosaurs. That island is giving me some King Kong vibes. Could also be ghost pirates or aliens.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I'm sure Uncharted will get higher scores and sales of course . because it's Uncharted . but I think Quantum Break will be a better experience for me .

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Uncharted 4 will also have the longevity with it's MP portion.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

This thread is not serious

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

LOL

Uncharted 4, hands down

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Uncharted 4 will be the better game. It's made by a better team doing something they are more experienced with.

It's graphics and production values alone will make it a very strong exclusive for the PS4 and the improved gameplay over the rest of the series combined with the increase of scope of the entire experience should give it pretty good scores.

The only thing it'll miss is that "wow" factor of a new IP that blows everybody away. Halo for the Xbox, Gears of War for the Xbox 360, MGS 2 for the PS2. The PS3 lacked a major new IP that blew everybody away. It wasn't until Uncharted 2 did the PS3 have a real solid, mainstream focused, AAA title that seriously wowed people. It's partly why the PS3 took so long to pick up serious sales.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I don't have an X1 yet but I'm more interested in Quantum Break by far. My interest in Uncharted peaked with 2 and I haven't even finished 3 yet. QB might get me to buy an X1 finally, depending on how it turns out.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

QB because it's SAM LAKE !

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I will be playing Dark Souls 3 giving zero **** about those two.

But if I have to chose, even though I own ps4, I would give it to Quantum Break as Uncharted 4 will probably be just another shallow Indian Jones-esque 8-hour game with low replay ability value. Uncharted games has the same entertaining value as movie tickets for some spring blockbuster - it will be entertaining while it lasts but it won't be anything ground breaking. After you finish watching a movie do you have wishes to watch it again just after you have left the theater ? I don't think so. Quantum Break at least has time travel plot and shit.

As a person who actually understands a bit in the world history, cultures, religion and mithology, it is really hard for me to swallow Uncharted's B-movie crap plots. They are done for kids with zero knowledge of history and geography.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Wooh interesting compareson. First thing first new ip is always more interesting and will get judged the harshest. I like QB mechanics and Remedy is the master of that stuff. I was watching nx gamer attention to detail break down UC4 gameplay hype meter went way up the physics, the animations the way characters react to minute objects and even more verticality now. Let's just say I have faith and already sold on UC4, but I want QB to be better.

Ofcourse UC4 will have solid but unnessesary multiplayer. Its funny content wise QB might end up being more of what some plp in here call movie game.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

generic qte games

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Desmonic  Moderator

@jhonMalcovich: One word. Multiplayer.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

Uncharted 4 will destroy it critically and commercially.

^ ^ This.

I'm gonna be laughing so hard when everyone forgets QB after playing Uncharted 4.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

Quantum Break ...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Quantum Break's gameplay looks more solid. But Uncharted 4 will be great game too. If I have to choose, I'll go with Quantum Break (Remedy fan since Death Rally, back in mid 90s).

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

From what has been shown so far, I agree with this.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Uncharted 4 will definitely sell much more, there's little doubt in my mind about that, but I personally am more excited about Quantum Break (even though I don't have an XB1 yet). Mostly because Uncharted 4 is just more Uncharted, whereas Quantum Break looks new and exciting- not to mention that fact that it is a new IP.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#34 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Funny how cows are always going on about new IPs, but when it's an new Xbox IP, they act like it's a joke compared to a beaten horse of a franchise. SMH.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@jhonMalcovich: "it makes really hard for me to swallow Uncharted's B-movie crap plots. They are done for kids with zero understanding for history and geography."

What?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Neither looks enjoyable. Uncharted will sell more

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Will X1(lems) embrace Quantum Break? Lems bragged about Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusivity, but didn't buy the great game because it is the type of game that does well on the Xbox consoles. Time will tell.

Uncharted is closing a fantastic franchise.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@GreySeal9 said:

Funny how cows are always going on about new IPs, but when it's an new Xbox IP, they act like it's a joke compared to a beaten horse of a franchise. SMH.

A beaten horse of a franchise that has actually only grown in popularity over the years.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BobRossPerm

I am more excited to play Uncharted 4. Because the game looks so fluid and well done in the gameplay department. Quantum Break I'm more interested in because of it's premise and the time stretching thing. But I trust that Naughty Dog will churn out a better game in the end. Who knows?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GreySeal9

@bobrossperm said:
@GreySeal9 said:

A beaten horse of a franchise that has actually only grown in popularity over the years.

A popular beaten horse is still a beaten horse. We had 3 Uncharted games last gen. If that's not a beaten horse, I don't know what is.

My point is that it's stupid for cows to champion new IPs and and the act like a promising looking new IP is some kind of joke just because it's on Xbone.

Not to mention that cows have been defending some shitty games (Knack, The Order, Driveclub) on the basis on them being new IPs.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BobRossPerm
@GreySeal9 said:
@bobrossperm said:
@GreySeal9 said:

A popular beaten horse is still a beaten horse. We had 3 Uncharted games last gen. If that's not a beaten horse, I don't know what is.

My point is that it's stupid for cows to champion new IPs and and the act like a promising looking new IP is some kind of joke just because it's on Xbone.

I kind of thought beaten horse meant on it's last legs, struggling to stay relevant. I wasn't calling out your cow hypocrisy rant.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GreySeal9

@bobrossperm said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@bobrossperm said:
@GreySeal9 said:

I kind of thought beaten horse meant on it's last legs, struggling to stay relevant. I wasn't calling out your cow hypocrisy rant.

Oh okay. I can see why that phrase made you think that. I just meant that Uncharted has been done to death (as have most franchises TBH). Probably should have phrased that differently.

Slimtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Slimtex
Member since 2014 • 65 Posts

Uncharted 4 AND Quantum Break....just because I can ;)

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#44 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

@mjorh said:

QB because it's SAM LAKE !

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Uncharted 4 will sell way more because there are just more PS4s out there. Quantum Break looks like a far more interesting game though

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Alan wake was hot caca but Lemmings are used to getting garbage exclusives, and Hermits are used to getting late ports of those garbage exclusives and rejoicing. Lol!

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

My crystal ball is broken so I have no idea how good (or bad) each of these games will be but it doesn't matter as I will be buying both so I'll find out for myself.

Initial impressions from trailers are Uncharted 4 looks like more Uncharted but a bit more polished (I'm okay with that) and Quantum Break sounds more interesting in terms of the concept but the combat looks a right mess. I hope it's more focused in the finished game.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

QB and Scalebound are the only games that looks interesting on the XB1. if these two succeeds maybe ill get an XB1. i don't think QB is gonna be as great as Uncharted 4 though

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Far better ? Demos and peoples reaction over both ingame demos prove otherwise ... far , far and beyond.

Also if you really think that UC4 will sell more only for the reasons you mentioned and not because IT WILL BE one of the best action/adventure games out there period , production and quality values on another level ( AAA caliber ) , gameplay mechanics blend together great , physics , geometry , animations , voice acting, graphics , story , cutscenes , direction and the list goes on and on ... then you should reconsider.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AzatiS said:
@charizard1605 said:

Far better ? Demos and peoples reaction over both ingame demos prove otherwise ... far , far and beyond.

That's cool. Naughty Dog are good developers, so I've no doubt they can cook up something great. But from what I have seen, Quantum Break looks more exciting, and far fresher, at least right now.