Uncharted 4 Trailer ran at a locked 60fps (DF)

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@lawlessx: @seanmcloughlin:

lol thanks bros.

The SW beast is all too predictable these days.

Ripsaw1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By Ripsaw1994
Member since 2013 • 196 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: And people tried to defend this as "graphically impressive"

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#154  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

I can go ahead and save some of you guys a couple of years of discussion on this one.

What we're seeing now is the first wave. Cows being extremely gullible on one side and a bunch of sore ass lems on the other. If you're actually level-headed and have a logical point of view on this, may god have mercy on your soul.

The hype will build and build and build to a point that UC4 could never possibly reach. All the while, an equal amount of hate building on the other side.

UC4 will release and be one of the better looking games around. Not THE best looking game, that'll be something on the PC, but impressive none the less. It'll most likely be the best looking console game though, at least for a few months.

Being that (all jokes aside) it's an interactive game and not a movie, it will never consistently look as good as that trailer all the way through. Many direct feed screens will be cherry picked to make an argument for a visual downgrade. There will be random shots of Drakes face in game, pools of water, folliage, etc.. that will look like crap compared to what we saw in this trailer.

This is when the second large wave will break. Denial. An ocean of comments comprised of "butthurt, jelly, u mad, SDC" etc... This is were all logic falls through the floor. Suddenly every cow is too blind to see even a direct comparison shot. Now it's "doesn't look like that on my screen!", "You must see it in motion!", "Still looks better than everything on the shitbox!"... all that kind of good stuff.

Then hermits will rain down on UC4 graphics king threads with undeniable proof that they not only have better looking games, but that those games are also larger in scope and scale. The stronger cows will maintain that UC4 still looks better no matter what. The weaker cows will concede that these PC titles look "just slightly" better, but then they'll follow it up with a good show of moving goal posts and hyperbole with something like "hahahaha you paid $4,000 for a rig and the games hardly look any better"...

Move on to the next PS4 exclusive, rinse and repeat.

Question is, do we really need to do this every single time? Does it just have to go down this way?

Of course it does.

Also, I'll be labelled a butthurt lemming, hermit, or sheep for making this post. It's like animal roulette.

#PREACH! that wall of text

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Sony the biggest liars in all of gaming when it comes to e3 trailers.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@tonitorsi:

Not exactly a wall of text, but yeah it is a bit much. I don't come to SW to read either so I do get your point.

That said, it's not easy to compress dozens of future topics into one post.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Sony the biggest liars in all of gaming when it comes to e3 trailers.

When MS do pretty much the same thing that really doesn't mean much.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@hoosier7: Sony is in another league. Not disputing that MSoft has done the same thing but Sony goes out of their way, BoreZone on PS4 is a perfect example.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@miiiiv: For the type of game it is, a third person adventure, it is probably the best 'looking' game i've ever seen. For all we know, the new TR may beat it. But I doubt that it will beat it at anythong other than the odd effect UC4 doesn't make use of and resolution and AA on PC. Since a game like the new TR is a multiplat, it's assets will cater for the lowest common denominator. And it won't be fully optimized for one specific machine like UC4. Therefore, since UC4 has assets created for the PS4 alone, and optimized for that GPU, while probably making use of GPGPU to off load physics, effects and geometry from the pain graphics processor, I have no doubt that it will be the best looking game of it's type.

Now while you can make the argument that TW3 is better as it is open world while maintaining stunning visuals with many NPC's on screen, what you should also consider is that UC4 is likely to have more detail on each object as it has less to render. The only real way of knowing how 'advanced' or 'impressive' the game is graphically, is to find out the amount of polygons rendered per frame. There may be a good chance TW3 renders more than UC4. No way of knowing. From there, it is subjective. I personally am massively impressed with both games, but I have to say more so with UC4. The sheer detail that went into every little thing from the fly landing on him to his facial movements just blew me away. That is probably a cutscene, but real-time and generated by the PS4 none the less using in-game assets. It's one of the few games i've seen from a franchise that can easly be called the 'next gen' version just by looking at it. Infamous SS also looks a full gen ahead of Infamous 2. TW3 just about leaps a gen ahead of TW2 in my opinion too.

The difference is, when Uncharted 2 came out in 2009, a game that was starting to push the PS3 hardware, Crysis 1 among other advanced PC titles had already been released. When UC4 releases, Star Citizen (which is objectively more advanced than UC4), will not be out yet. The only 8th gen games that will be released from now to the release of UC4 are Driveclub, The Witcher 3, Sunset Overdrive, Forza H2, The Order, Batman AK, AC Unity, Rise of the Tomb Raider, maybe Halo 5, and Uncharted 4 (I may be missing one or two). Out of all those games, there is no one game that is objectively more advanced than Uncharted 4. And none that look better straight away to the eye. The Witcher 3 has beautiul expansive environments, with okay characters and animations. Uncharted 4, from what we have seen of the trailer, has amazing character models and animations, very nice looking foliage, and extremely detailed geometry. At the end of the day, it's opinion what is better graphics at this point. Obviously, the PC being able to do 4K with TXAA on these games helps alot, but good look with getting TW3 running at that resolution at a decent framerate. About 0.0001% of PC gamers probably could though.

Let's say that we are comparing two games. Game A has great character models and very detailed environments, and game B has a bit less detailed environments and only half the character poly count but game B has several times larger scale, draws much bigger environments and has many more npcs and more stuff going on at once. I know this is an over simplification, and assuming that there aren't very big differences in other aspects like various graphics but I'd say that Game B could very well be more advanced and much more demanding to run. Many people will likely prefer the look of game A, with it's great characters and detailed environments, even though game B has objectively more advanced graphics.

And not many pc gamers can run games at 4K at a decent frame rate, but that's beside the point, anyone that has a half recent i5/i7 quad core a +3ghz (or an amd equivalent cpu) and a radeon hd7970 ghz ed.-level gpu will be able to have more advanced graphics than the ps4 is capable of.

I have no doubt however, that U4 will be among the pinnacle of ps4 games, graphics wise but before comparing it to other games we should at least wait until we've actually seen some extensive gameplay or preferably can play it ourselves.