uncharted 2 halo reach.. just read please...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bloombergmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bloombergmoney
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts
I really don't get it.. I was on here reading how people was talkin about gametrailer giving uncharted 2 a 9.3 and halo 3 got a 9.8... they say the uncharted was a rehash of gear of war and tomb rider...(i really dont get that at all when one is slow paced and the other is fast paced). And that graphic don't make a game (as that is true).. this is what i'm asking if halo reach is the same game but new story as all the other halos but just with better graphic should it get a 9.8 or a 9.3 like uncharted 2 has gotten... before you say have i played uncharted 2 yes i have i work at gamestop so i do have it.. i do love gears of war 1 and 2 but this game is really good..(the story is where it really shine).. and stands on its own in every way you can think of.. i'm getting from my point if halo has the a new story but the same gameplay should it get a 9.8... p.s halo odst is trash.. and we all know it should had been dlc... LET THE FIGHT START lol
him42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 him42
Member since 2004 • 6811 Posts

Somebody hired you at gamestop?

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

We don't know anything about Reach except the story

A little early to jump to conclusions

ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts

Why are people delving into this incident so deeply, GS scores are the only ones that matter in SW so why do people care so much about GT?

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Why are people delving into this incident so deeply, GS scores are the only ones that matter in SW so why do people care so much about GT?

ThatsSimtastic

I don't understand either

It is blown way out of proportion, people must've not been here when Uncharted got 8.0

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

thelastguy
did u even read what tc wrote? he said IF it's the same game with better graphics , keyword IF
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

What I learned today

1. 9.3 is a horrific score and should not be touched with a 1000 foot pole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Well, um... Uncharted 2 is great, but a 9.3 nails it pretty much IMO. And you know about Halo Reach? Can I borrow your time machine please?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePRAssassin"]

What I learned today

1. 9.3 is a horrific score and should not be touched with a 1000 foot pole.

I lol'ed :lol:
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
this is insane, i have never seen so much whining over a good score for a game, 9.3 is a good score, if a ps3 exclusive gets a low score, the cows whine about it, if a ps3 exclusive gets a high score, the cows whine about it, if any 360 exclusive gets more than an 8, yep you guessed it, cows whine about it, and to top it off, we now have people already asking wether halo reach deserves it's score before it's even been reviewed, please stop, give it a rest, put a sock in it, be happy it scored 9.5 here at GS, the only score that counts on these boards.
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
I really don't get it.. I was on here reading how people was talkin about gametrailer giving uncharted 2 a 9.3 and halo 3 got a 9.8... they say the uncharted was a rehash of gear of war and tomb rider...(i really dont get that at all when one is slow paced and the other is fast paced). And that graphic don't make a game (as that is true).. this is what i'm asking if halo reach is the same game but new story as all the other halos but just with better graphic should it get a 9.8 or a 9.3 like uncharted 2 has gotten... before you say have i played uncharted 2 yes i have i work at gamestop so i do have it.. i do love gears of war 1 and 2 but this game is really good..(the story is where it really shine).. and stands on its own in every way you can think of.. i'm getting from my point if halo has the a new story but the same gameplay should it get a 9.8... p.s halo odst is trash.. and we all know it should had been dlc... LET THE FIGHT START lolbloombergmoney
LOL The stories cows will make up to make a game look better....
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

This 9.3-9.5 discussion just really shows off the maturity of the cows...

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
before you say have i played uncharted 2 yes i have i work at gamestop so i do have it.. bloombergmoney
Couple Points" 1. From now on 9.3 is the new 1 (its like Big Rigs honestly) 2. You managed to get work? really? 3. Very mature of you in general, and of the GT crowd 4. Does this actually matter to you? 5. Why do you care? 6. Its .5 of a mark (a difference in opinion between two people writing two different reviews)
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Let me be honest, all this thread is doing is explaining why cows are hatewd so much in SW. This is truly a shameful display of complaining. As for Halo Reach, let's wait until we see some footage, and maybe read a preview or 2 before we judge it.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="thelastguy"]

I've heard its going to be a sqaud based game, halo style, granted i hope its not squad based like odst was stealthy....
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

Why do cows cry over 9.3... like seriously... why do you have to come here and cry about it? Just go enjoy your game. If 0.2 on a review scale is keeping you from having fun you need to find a new hobby.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

To be honest I think gametrailers are horrible reviewers and don't know how to score for crap. I wouldn't take their word on anything.

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts
these kind of threads are starting to get really annoying. I'll replace gametrailer and gave U2 an 11/10 so all of u guys can be happy about it. Seriously AAAE game, what can you ask for more?
Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eggimannd

these kind of threads are starting to get really annoying. I'll replace gametrailer and gave U2 an 11/10 so all of u guys can be happy about it. Seriously AAAE game, what can you ask for more?OPuniverse

There's already a 14 page long thread about this explaining why people are pissed that uncharted 2 got 9.3 on gametrailers. It has nothing to do with the score itself (9.3 is a great score), it has to do that they explained the docking of points by saying it was "unoriginal" yet they gave games like Halo 3 a 9.8 (and Halo 3 was definitely not original).

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

I'm fairly sure if Uncharted 2 came out in 2007 instead on Uncharted it would have gotten a 10/10.

Timing, timing, timing...

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]these kind of threads are starting to get really annoying. I'll replace gametrailer and gave U2 an 11/10 so all of u guys can be happy about it. Seriously AAAE game, what can you ask for more?Eggimannd

There's already a 14 page long thread about this explaining why people are pissed that uncharted 2 got 9.3 on gametrailers. It has nothing to do with the score itself (9.3 is a great score), it has to do that they explained the docking of points by saying it was "unoriginal" yet they gave games like Halo 3 a 9.8 (and Halo 3 was definitely not original).

really? because all i see is cows complaining all about the score itself. Yes i've been to the 14 pages thread.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]these kind of threads are starting to get really annoying. I'll replace gametrailer and gave U2 an 11/10 so all of u guys can be happy about it. Seriously AAAE game, what can you ask for more?Eggimannd

I don't see the confusion.

A reviewer plays the game - game leaves impression on reviewer. Reviewer gives game a numerical score and justifies it with a well thought out review.

The Uncharted 2 review had a great score and the reviewer even suggested every PS3 owner buy the game. He obviously played the game and liked it, but maybe the game reminded him of GeoW or something. Doesn't really matter - it was a minor setback. At most the reviewer knocked off .2 points from the game, hardly anything to scream about.

Halo 3 came out 2 years ago and included some great features. The reviewer was impressed - and personally I don't know too many high quality games like Halo. CoD? Nothing like it. PDZ - nah. I think Halo has a unique identity for a shooter - maybe it's not original but does it have to be? Maybe the reviewer simply had fun with the game. Maybe that reviewer knocked off .2 points too.

Get it over it, it's called an opinion. Maybe the reviewers though Halo 3 and Gears were a better experiences to begin with- Gear's could have have scored a 9.7 and Halo 3 a 10 for all we know until the got docked a few points. But does it really matter considering all game still received stellar ratings? This 9.3 mess is the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill.

Or maybe I should listen to the fanboys and simply agree that every sequel to release this gen needs to have up to .5 points taken away because GT gave Uncharted 9.3.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]these kind of threads are starting to get really annoying. I'll replace gametrailer and gave U2 an 11/10 so all of u guys can be happy about it. Seriously AAAE game, what can you ask for more?Kickinurass

I don't see the confusion.

A reviewer plays the game - game leaves impression on reviewer. Reviewer gives game a numerical score and justifies it with a well thought out review.

The Uncharted 2 review had a great score and the reviewer even suggested every PS3 owner buy the game. He obviously played the game and liked it, but maybe the game reminded him of GeoW or something. Doesn't really matter - it was a minor setback. At most the reviewer knocked off .2 points from the game, hardly anything to scream about.

Halo 3 came out 2 years ago and included some great features. The reviewer was impressed - and personally I don't know too many high quality games like Halo. CoD? Nothing like it. PDZ - nah. I think Halo has a unique identity for a shooter - maybe it's not original but does it have to be? Maybe the reviewer simply had fun with the game. Maybe that reviewer knocked off .2 points too.

Get it over it, it's called an opinion. Maybe the reviewers though Halo 3 and Gears were a better experiences to begin with- Gear's could have have scored a 9.7 and Halo 3 a 10 for all we know until the got docked a few points. But does it really matter considering all game still received stellar ratings? This 9.3 mess is the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill.

Or maybe I should listen to the fanboys and simply agree that every sequel to release this gen needs to have up to .5 points taken away because GT gave Uncharted 9.3.

But that's the thing. I'll bet you anything Gears 2 and Halo 3 were scored without having that idea of docking points for originality. It really just seems that gametrailers were annoyed with all these people complaining about the 9.3 score and came up with a retarded excuse for it (hence the originality thing).

I have no problems with the score. It's just gametrailers screwed themselves up even more by coming up with this originality thing. If they want to use that as an explanation they have to be consistent with it which they are not.