Um.. Ok.. so why are digital titles $60 again?

• 168 results
Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@Dasein808 said:

@highking_kallor said:

@Dasein808 said:

never had my account "hacked" and all my games stolen, nor have I ever heard of this happening unless its been a peasant airing their irrational peasant talking points concerning such a possibility.

Not a history buff are you. Peasants gave you the rights you enjoy today. You just look like a moron calling people that. If they had not stood up to the Nobility you would still be picking cotton. Ignorance at its best. Another brainwashed mass produced modern slave. Have fun with your childish and pathetic name calling.

Next

Aha so you got the implication then. Good.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

Nah, I got that you're behaving in typical peasant fashion by feigning politically correct offense toward a well established pc vs.console meme.

Why dontcha hit me up with some more infuriated, harrassing pms for me to archive?

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By highking_kallor

@Dasein808 said:

@highking_kallor said:

Nah, I got that you're behaving in typical peasant fashion by feigning politically correct offense toward a well established meme.

Nope went flying over your head. Oh well worth a shot. Shouldn't have expected anything else. You disappoint me Kingslayer.

Come on I left you an easy one. Take it.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Dasein808
@highking_kallor said:

Nope went flying over your head. Oh well worth a shot. Shouldn't have expected anything else. You disappoint me Kingslayer.

I'm not a GoT, guy.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By highking_kallor

@Dasein808 said:
@highking_kallor said:

I'm not a GoT, guy.

You don't like Watch Dogs you don't like GOT. You seem like a really cool sort of guy.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Dasein808

@highking_kallor said:

You don't like Watch Dogs you don't like GOT. You seem like a really cool sort of guy.

Or Infamous, (I also never liked the original Legend of Zelda because I didn't want to play as toddler with an oversized head and I preferred the tactically deeper Wizard's Crown on my Apple IIc in spite of its more primitive but more hardcore approach to character representation) in the future, I promise that I'll take your opinion into account and try to fashion my tastes more toward what I'm told that I should like by publishers that lost their gaming street cred years ago.

I also prefer Tolkien or Weis/Hickman to Martin's work.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 highking_kallor

@Dasein808 said:

@highking_kallor said:

Or Infamous, but in the future, I promise that I'll take your opinion into account and try to fashion my tastes more toward what I'm told that I should like by publishers that lost their gaming street cred years ago.

I also prefer Tolkien or Weis/Hickamn to Martin's work.

What about Erickson? Weis/Hickman have not read any of them in decades. Did they do Deathgate Cycle? Currently enjoying Sanderson. You read any of the Stormlight Archives. Good stuff so far. Enjoy my sci fi also.

I really enjoyed infamous, even if it did lack a certain something. I guess you are right about the publishers. Things are starting to seem a bit well I don't know, lacking in general these days. I could just be turning into a bitter jaded old man haha.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Dasein808

@highking_kallor said:

What about Erickson? Weis/Hickman have not read any of them in decades. Did they do Deathgate Cycle

I haven't read Erickson, but Weis and Hickman did the original AD&D Dragonlance series of books. I haven't heard of the Deathgate Cycle, but I also haven't really read much from the fantasy genre since my junior high and high school days.

I'm unfamiliar with Sanderson and I haven't read any of the Stormlight Archives, but I have heard it occasionally referenced by younger YouTubers that I watch.

@highking_kallor said:

I could just be turning into a bitter jaded old man haha.

It happens to the best of us.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By highking_kallor

You crack me up man. The subtle digs and stealth edits. Where you been for so long?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#161 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

@wiifan001 said:

@Desmonic said:

And this is why Steam rocks.

lol@$60 for digital purchases.

Most definitely. Give it 4-6 months and most games are slashed in half at some point.

Give it a year and the game will sale a special price of $7 - $10 or (case in point: Tomb Raider, bioshock infinite, company of heroes, splinter cell blacklist, saints row 4, batman arkham origins, and metro last light as some examples.

Give it between a year and a half, and 2 years and the price of a $60 game becomes a mere $5

I. Love. Steam!

Yea steam is pretty beastly.. However most console games prices are halved (or more) within a years time.

And for Steam the price is halved within 6 months, if not sooner, during a special daily sale.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#162 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

So they don't undercut stores who will drop support for them if they can't sell the physical copies. I thought everyone knew this by now. I swear this question gets asked daily. lol

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Dasein808

@highking_kallor said:

You crack me up man. The subtle digs and stealth edits. Where you been for so long?