UK sales - Days Gone top of entire Aprill. MK11 2nd and Switch ovetakes Xbox One sales.

• 56 results
Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

https://www.mcvuk.com/days-gone-tops-monthly-charts-but-nintendo-shows-strength-in-depth/

RankTitlePublisher
1Days Gone – NEWSony
2Mortal Kombat 11 – NEWWarner Bros
3Tom Clancy’s The Division 2Ubisoft
4FIFA 19EA
5Red Dead Redemption 2Rockstar
6Mario Kart 8 DeluxeNintendo
7Yoshi’s Crafted WorldNintendo
8Sekiro: Shadows Die TwiceActivision
9World War Z – NEWMad Dog
10New Super Mario Bros U. DeluxeNintendo
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

People still love their zombie games.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Speaking of zombie games, I'm surprised GTA V finally died off.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@mandzilla: Well it can't sell when every single person already owns it lol. What are the numbers on GTA5 anyway, gotta be pretty insane.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

@mandzilla: That’s what I was thinking of as well.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46272 Posts

When there is no more room in hell, the flops will walk the earth.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Good to see Zombie games are still fun to play and the fact we are in the Q2 of 2019, April/May is pretty somewhat slow, so games like Days Gone & MK11 will fill in the void but most likely, Days Gone is the only latest PS4 exclusive game releasing early into 2019. (Not really counting Dreams since it's early access)

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

Just because Days Gone didn't receive rave reviews doesn't mean people don't want to play it. Well done, Sony. I won't buy it anytime soon, however. Too many other games to play.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

In this age of progressive media trying to push people towards a narrative, it's nice to see a masculine game for men selling well.

Even if it is a shitty disgusting movie game, on a terrible console.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Really happy to see that professional reviews mean nothing anymore

The does not look amazing but a 5, really?!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Most reviews besides the mainstream ones gave Days Gone good scores, I’ve played it myself and it’s good. The game will probably reach 5 million or so sales in its lifetime.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Hmm, will be interesting to see all the flip flopping in a thread about a flop.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@mandzilla said:

"Zombie game"

I chuckled a lot.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

Days Gone is not a bad game. Just because a few SJWs decided to shit on it in their reviews for their stupid agenda doesn't make it a terrible game. Good thing gamers can see through the bullshit and decided to give Days Gone a try. It's not my type of game so I probably won't be buying it anytime soon but from what I hear from folks it's a decent game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it will be gone dead and forgotten in a week.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ant_17

@KBFloYd: It's a game, not cardboard VR.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#17 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
@son-goku7523 said:

Days Gone is not a bad game. Just because a few SJWs decided to shit on it in their reviews for their stupid agenda doesn't make it a terrible game. Good thing gamers can see through the bullshit and decided to give Days Gone a try. It's not my type of game so I probably won't be buying it anytime soon but from what I hear from folks it's a decent game.

Uh... that's a stretch, considering Sony is getting reputation for being an "SJW company" ever since they moved their HQ from Japan to California.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

In this age of progressive media trying to push people towards a narrative, it's nice to see a masculine game for men selling well.

Even if it is a shitty disgusting movie game, on a terrible console.

Your insecurity is showing. :)

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Uh... that's a stretch, considering Sony is getting reputation for being an "SJW company" ever since they moved their HQ from Japan to California.

It doesn't matter what Sony's reputation is, Days Gone is the opposite of a woke game. It was getting bashed for the protagonist being a straight guy and lusting after his wife, and also for its lack of "diversity" in its zombies even though the reason all the zombies looked pale and white had something to do with its plot. It didn't tick any of the SJW marks that critics were expecting on sites like IGN and Gamespot and it got hammered. The user review and MC for the game is a lot higher than the 5/10 it got on GS. The GS reviewer was also posting some SJW crap about the game on her Twitter account.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro
I am the SJW boogeyman. Call on me when your man baby reflexes kick in every time a game is made without you being the center piece.
I am the SJW boogeyman. Call on me when your man baby reflexes kick in every time a game is made without you being the center piece.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@son-goku7523 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

It doesn't matter what Sony's reputation is, Days Gone is the opposite of a woke game. It was getting bashed for the protagonist being a straight guy and lusting after his wife, and also for its lack of "diversity" in its zombies even though the reason all the zombies looked pale and white had something to do with its plot. It didn't tick any of the SJW marks that critics were expecting on sites like IGN and Gamespot and it got hammered. The user review and MC for the game is a lot higher than the 5/10 it got on GS. The GS reviewer was also posting some SJW crap about the game on her Twitter account.

Poor quacknight having a meltdown over a game he's not going to buy, but can't help but defend because its a game from his overlord, well done SDF elite alt member lol.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ant_17

@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

If you think about it, they were SJW before that.

Horizon having a female lead, TLOU having a lesbian suport and in sequel she will be a lead. Detroit Become Human being about slavery.

Hell, Uncharted 2 new romance girl was of color and 4 having a black female vilain that Drake didn't kill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

Been digging Days Gone so far. Some minor gripes but overall pretty solid.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pedro

@dagubot said:

Been digging Days Gone so far. Some minor gripes but overall pretty solid.

That's expected. Its a shame that some people spend so much time arguing scores than playing games. These are the same people that try to convinces others that they cannot have fun with supposedly low scoring games unless they have shit taste but then cry about the same scores when it doesn't fit their agenda. LOL.

BTW what are your gripes?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

Poor quacknight having a meltdown over a game he's not going to buy, but can't help but defend because its a game from his overlord, well done SDF elite alt member lol.

lol, what a clown, you were just looking for a reason to post that gif. FOH, don't you have Crackdown 3 to go buy after hyping that shit for 5 years ??

Days Gone with its floppiness on GS is still sitting at 72 MC and topping charts. Your shitty Crackdown 3 is a 60 MC and was "uncharted" in the charts ROFL. You lems talk all the talk and don't support your games that's why MS is putting them on other platforms and abandoning you clowns...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

@Pedro: Hehehe gotta love System Wars! And my gripes are minor; for instance when I kill someone the pool of blood left behind just seems bright and fake. I know it's not my TV cause my OLED is calibrated but that's something I noticed. The guns don't pack a lot of punch to them in terms of sound and switching between weapons is simple with the triangle button but I have to hold L1 and use the analog stick to select my melee weapon which is a bit cumbersome. Story is average so far; pretty straightforward. That's about it so far. Game does look pretty damn good and I love the setting of Oregon out in the wilderness. Not as gorgeous as God of War or Horizon in my opinion but still looks nice nonetheless.

And yeah, I'm a sucker for open world zombie games. I enjoyed State of Decay 2 when that came out despite the scores it got; wasn't amazing by any means but it was a fun game for me with the faults it had. Same with Crackdown 3. If a game looks cool to me I'll play it regardless of score or platform it's on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@son-goku7523 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

lol, what a clown, you were just looking for a reason to post that gif. FOH, don't you have Crackdown 3 to go buy after hyping that shit for 5 years ?

Days Gone with its floppiness on GS is still sitting at 72 MC and topping charts. Your shitty Crackdown 3 is a 60 MC and didn't was "uncharted" ROFL. You lems talk all the talk and don't support your games that's why MS is putting them on other platforms and abandoning you clowns...

And here we have quacknight when he gets emotional posting the same meme he uses with each and every alt of his lol.

And again thanks for proving your meltdown SDF elite alt member lol

None of what you have said changes the fact it got a 5 here and that stings you hard quack LMFAO.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@son-goku7523 said:

lol, what a clown, you were just looking for a reason to post that gif. FOH, don't you have Crackdown 3 to go buy after hyping that shit for 5 years ??

Days Gone with its floppiness on GS is still sitting at 72 MC and topping charts. Your shitty Crackdown 3 is a 60 MC and was "uncharted" in the charts ROFL. You lems talk all the talk and don't support your games that's why MS is putting them on other platforms and abandoning you clowns...

Dude, you need to change your schtick with each new alt... Otherwise it becomes far too obvious...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@dagubot said:

@Pedro: Hehehe gotta love System Wars! And my gripes are minor; for instance when I kill someone the pool of blood left behind just seems bright and fake. I know it's not my TV cause my OLED is calibrated but that's something I noticed. The guns don't pack a lot of punch to them in terms of sound and switching between weapons is simple with the triangle button but I have to hold L1 and use the analog stick to select my melee weapon which is a bit cumbersome. Story is average so far; pretty straightforward. That's about it so far. Game does look pretty damn good and I love the setting of Oregon out in the wilderness. Not as gorgeous as God of War or Horizon in my opinion but still looks nice nonetheless.

And yeah, I'm a sucker for open world zombie games. I enjoyed State of Decay 2 when that came out despite the scores it got; wasn't amazing by any means but it was a fun game for me with the faults it had. Same with Crackdown 3. If a game looks cool to me I'll play it regardless of score or platform it's on.

I am taking a break from open world games since at the moment non of them are willing to change the formula but I did expect this game to be a solid entry. With that said, the blood pool is a rather unusual gripe. :P I will have to see what that looks like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

@Pedro: When I see it again, I'll take a picture and send it to you through message so you can see what I mean. ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@lundy86_4: That's just it, he can't as he takes this personal and resorts to the same shit he has done with each & every alt.

Alts never learn as its an emotional thing, its like you're calling their mother a dog or something, but you gotta admit it is funny how they expose themselves over & over again lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@i_p_daily: Hopefully mods catch on, as it's glaringly obvious. They're busy though, so no guarantees.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@son-goku7523 said:

lol, what a clown, you were just looking for a reason to post that gif. FOH, don't you have Crackdown 3 to go buy after hyping that shit for 5 years ?

Days Gone with its floppiness on GS is still sitting at 72 MC and topping charts. Your shitty Crackdown 3 is a 60 MC and didn't was "uncharted" ROFL. You lems talk all the talk and don't support your games that's why MS is putting them on other platforms and abandoning you clowns...

And here we have quacknight when he gets emotional posting the same meme he uses with each and every alt of his lol.

And again thanks for proving your meltdown SDF elite alt member lol

None of what you have said changes the fact it got a 5 here and that stings you hard quack LMFAO.

You would have a point if Days Gone was the only new IP Sony released in the past 3 years and it flopped like Crackdown 3, Sea of thieves and SOD2 but unfortunately for you that isn't the case. The 5/10, 6/10, and 6/10 of those high profile flops on your Xbone negate your entire argument. Both Crackpipe 3 and Days Gone are both nasty 5/10 flops on GS but unlike Days Gone Crackpipe 3 is a flop everywhere and only sold 4000 copes in UK while Days Gone is topping charts and sitting at a mixed 72MC. Even Sony's worst flops still manage to embarrass your Xbone and make you mad ?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pedro

@dagubot: I look forward to seeing it. :)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#35 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
@son-goku7523 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

So this one review says something and "anyone who dislikes this is an SJW cuck who don't know teh tru gamez". Seriously?

If Sony's reputation doesn't matter, then WHY in the HELL does the internet absolutely ADORE bashing anyone with "SJW" politics? Good god, where do I begin with this? Sony has been SLAMMED for censoring of Japanese games (even mainstream ones like DMCV). Like damn near anything else these days, like...

-Disney era Star Wars (From the existence of Rey and Jyn, to Kathleen Kennedy watching the franchise)

-The MCU (Captain Marvel, Brie Larson, and the fact that Kevin Feige wants an all female superhero team eventually...)

-the recent Game of Thrones (SPOILER if you haven't watched the episode)

-Mortal Kombat 11 (because how DARE NRS not want to dress their women sexy this go around in a game that mainly focuses on over the top GORE, though that was somehow not a problem in MKX)

So yeah, stow your double standards on "SJW's".

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@son-goku7523 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

ROFLMAO this is the saddest shit I have read in a while. HAHAHA! It flopped and it is okay. Ill still buy it when it is on sale.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@son-goku7523: I love how when you quote me and you take out my memes which is further proof this stings you hard lol.

No matter what Crackdowns scores and sales are, it doesn't negate that GS gave Days Gone a 5 lol, the saddest part is that you have said you are not BUYING it, and yet here you are still defending it like the SDF elite alt that you are

TCHBO :)

Now go cry somewhere else son of quacknight :)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Can we have individual versions please? I know UK chart does track individual versions sales, do want to see switch versus xbone MK11 sales.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ant_17

@sakaixx: It's less. Lems waiting for the Gamepass version.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

So this one review says something and "anyone who dislikes this is an SJW cuck who don't know teh tru gamez". Seriously?

If Sony's reputation doesn't matter, then WHY in the HELL does the internet absolutely ADORE bashing anyone with "SJW" politics? Good god, where do I begin with this? Sony has been SLAMMED for censoring of Japanese games (even mainstream ones like DMCV). Like damn near anything else these days, like...

-Disney era Star Wars (From the existence of Rey and Jyn, to Kathleen Kennedy watching the franchise)

-The MCU (Captain Marvel, Brie Larson, and the fact that Kevin Feige wants an all female superhero team eventually...)

-Mortal Kombat 11 (because how DARE NRS not want to dress their women sexy this go around in a game that mainly focuses on over the top GORE, though that was somehow not a problem in MKX)

Jesus Christ, you're just putting words in my mouth now. What does people bashing Sony for censoring have to do with a SJW reviewer giving a game a very bad score? I'm not talking about the internet bashing the game, the internet isn't, it's quite the opposite actually. I'm talking about GS and IGN's 5/10 score that's way below the MC average. I personally think the game is a 7/10 game at best and that's what the MC score is for the game (72). The game isn't an 8/10 or 9/10 game at all. But when you read the review of a game and the reviewer is talking about diversity of zombies that shit doesn't rub off the wrong way to you?

WTF does the protagonist complimenting his wife's ass have to do with the review of a game? if IGN and GS don't want people thinking they are on some SJW bullshit they should stick to reviewing the game and stop trying to promote political views here. I personally think the game is generic but if I'm reviewing the game I'll judge it for what it is and not bring some stupid political BS into the review. When I read a review for a game I wanna know how well it plays not how diverse the zombies' skin color is or whether the protagonist is objectifying women. What we have here is GS and IGN being far off from the overall consensus of the game. The internet agrees its a flawed game that's worth 7/10 at best but IGN and GS want us to believe it's far worse because they are promoting fake political agendas. Please read my post properly next time before you reply, I think you're confused. I don't know what Marvel and Star Wars have to do with this game lol. The game is selling very well because the internet and gamers in general enjoy it far more than the SJWs of GS and IGN review staff.

I'm a liberal politically but when I play games I don't want politics in it. Leave diversity and feminism out of games. I play games to escape reality not to live it in videogame form. I don't believe videogames are a good place to chase political agendas. I don't mind politics in movies but I feel it has no place in videogames. I'd be mad as hell if people were applying conservative values in reviewing games so I shouldn't allow the same thing with liberal agendas either otherwise I'd be a hypocrite.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@son-goku7523 said:

You completely don't know what you're talking about. You seem to have issues of people giving criticism of things you like

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mandzilla  Moderator

@Archangel3371: Perhaps it's finally losing some of its mojo.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mandzilla  Moderator
@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@mandzilla said:

"Zombie game"

I chuckled a lot.

Chuckling is good!

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mandzilla  Moderator
@vfighter said:

@mandzilla: Well it can't sell when every single person already owns it lol. What are the numbers on GTA5 anyway, gotta be pretty insane.

Apparently north of 100 million, making it the 3rd best selling game of all time. Damn, I didn't realise that.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/04/19/top-10-best-selling-video-games-of-all-time

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#45  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I'm also enjoying Shakedown Hawaii. Considering the user reviews for this Days Gone game, I think I'd enjoy Days Gone as well. An 8.0 on metacritic is pretty good. But Yakuza 0 is higher on my to-play list. (Which got an 8.2)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

@mandzilla: Flop confirmed. ?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mandzilla  Moderator

@Archangel3371: Haha ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k

Days gone is:

a) a new IP
b) a critical flop

And still it's selling well.

Thank you for proving cliches wrong gamers :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k

@KungfuKitten said:

I'm also enjoying Shakedown Hawaii. Considering the user reviews for this Days Gone game, I think I'd enjoy Days Gone as well. An 8.0 on metacritic is pretty good. But Yakuza 0 is higher on my to-play list. (Which got an 8.2)

Wish I could play Shakedown Hawaii, I was looking forward to it for many years. But then Playstation Europe decided not to release the game in Europe :/

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

@i_p_daily: Hopefully mods catch on, as it's glaringly obvious. They're busy though, so no guarantees.

I'm more amaze he lasted this long after looking at join date and it's May. And the funny thing is, he keeps getting trick by I_P_Daily and he doesn't even know it yet.