UK sales - Days Gone still on top. GTA5 back.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#1 Posted by Ant_17 (12883 posts) -

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-05-13-uk-charts-days-gone-scores-third-no-1-in-very-quiet-week-for-games-retail

11Days Gone
22Mortal Kombat 11
33FIFA 19
44Red Dead Redemption 2
55Grand Theft Auto V
66Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
87Tom Clancy's The Division 2
78New Super Mario bros U
89Forza Horizon 4
1110Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Avatar image for davillain-
#2 Posted by DaVillain- (38062 posts) -

My favorite MK game still rocking it. Ed Boon sure outdone himself this time around.

What a great time to be a gamer!

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#3 Posted by robert_sparkes (3312 posts) -

So much for days gone being a flop. GTA 5 when will this slide away from the charts who is still buying it.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#4 Edited by R4gn4r0k (31599 posts) -

People miss open world games so much they went back to GTA V

Avatar image for davillain-
#5 Edited by DaVillain- (38062 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

People miss open world games so much they went back to GTA V

Open-world games = more value for the money :)

I love open-world games. (Depends who you ask)

Avatar image for calvincfb
#6 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

This is going to make some people mad lol

Avatar image for whatafailure
#7 Posted by WhatAFailure (425 posts) -

Lemmings hyped up Crackdown 3 harder, and it fell harder, and sold shittier.

Days Gone hyped less, scored better (on average across all reviewers), and sold better. Do the math, Lemmings! One of these two is the bigger overall FLOP

Avatar image for PCgameruk
#8 Posted by PCgameruk (2273 posts) -

Means nothing the casual gamer isn't looking at reviews, Sony has been advertising it like crazy ofc it will sell.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#9 Posted by Archangel3371 (28539 posts) -

Nice to see Mortal Kombat 11, Red Dead Redemption 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, New Super Mario Bros. U, Forza Horizon 4, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate charting, excellent games.

GTA V in there again at number 5? Seriously. What. The. Hell.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#10 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@whatafailure said:

Lemmings hyped up Crackdown 3 harder, and it fell harder, and sold shittier.

Days Gone hyped less, scored better (on average across all reviewers), and sold better. Do the math, Lemmings! One of these two is the bigger overall FLOP

Most threads created months before launch were actually from cows, so much for lems hyping this

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#11 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5026 posts) -

@whatafailure: The thing that made Crackdown 3 so embarrassing is the amount of lems that chose to die on the hill trying to defend the game... only for absolutely none of them to buy it.

They couldn't even lean on the Game Pass excuse because the game didn't even climb up the most played chart. If you're gonna defend garbage, at least commit to it. LOL!

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#12 Edited by KBFloYd (21899 posts) -

and yet still no sales numbers from sony? not a peep.

must be selling below all their other exclusives.

Avatar image for son-goku7523
#13 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -

Lemmings aren’t gonna like this news lol.

I personally don’t care for zombie games but I’m glad to see the game doing well. Lems hyped Crackdown 3 and that game didn’t even chart lol. Cows barely hyped this game compared to their other mega exclusives and it’s selling well. Lems need to put their money where their mouth is and buy some games. No wonder Xbox lacks exclusives, lems don’t even support the few “exclusives” MS bothers to make.

Avatar image for jeezers
#14 Edited by jeezers (3281 posts) -

Crackdown 3 and Days Gone both are crap games, PS4 demoslished Xbox in console sales this gen.

It shouldnt surprise anyone thats days gone sells well.

They have more than tripple the player count than xbox this gen.

Sony has the largest player base on consoles by far, if this proves anything imo is that sony hasnt had anything drop since Spiderman, people are hungry for a new game, even if its not that great.

Meanwhile Nintendo has 3 old exclusives in the top 10. Thats more impressive

Avatar image for calvincfb
#15 Posted by Calvincfb (0 posts) -

@jeezers: I thought people bought 3rd parties.

Avatar image for jeezers
#16 Posted by jeezers (3281 posts) -

@calvincfb: of coarse they do, sony doesnt get credit for 3rd party

Avatar image for boxrekt2
#17 Edited by BoxRekt2 (23 posts) -
@PCgameruk said:

Means nothing the casual gamer isn't looking at reviews, Sony has been advertising it like crazy ofc it will sell.

And apparently most people who bought it love the game.

Maybe you missed this part because you're living in a bubble of this forum but IGN and Gamespot are not the end all be all gaming review sources.

Online, reading the reception of the game very few people have negative things to say about Days Gone and most are saying it's a fantastic title.

I haven't played yet, waiting on a sale, but not all reviews are 5 and 6 like GS and IGN. Also, word of mouth is also a thing. People who are playing the game are having a blast and they are being vocal about their experience.

Avatar image for boxrekt2
#18 Posted by BoxRekt2 (23 posts) -

@jeezers said:

Crackdown 3 and Days Gone both are crap games, PS4 demoslished Xbox in console sales this gen.

It shouldnt surprise anyone thats days gone sells well.

They have more than tripple the player count than xbox this gen.

Sony has the largest player base on consoles by far, if this proves anything imo is that sony hasnt had anything drop since Spiderman, people are hungry for a new game, even if its not that great.

Meanwhile Nintendo has 3 old exclusives in the top 10. Thats more impressive

Crackdown 3 has the benefit of both XBox and the entire PC fanbase day 1.

Crackdown still sold ass cakes and now not talked about by anyone outside of damage control like yours after 5 years of lies and fake hype. Nice try.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#19 Edited by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

@boxrekt2 said:
@PCgameruk said:

Means nothing the casual gamer isn't looking at reviews, Sony has been advertising it like crazy ofc it will sell.

And apparently most people who bought it love the game.

Maybe you missed this part because you're living in a bubble of this forum but IGN and Gamespot are not the end all be all gaming review sources.

Online, reading the reception of the game very few people have negative things to say about Days Gone and most are saying it's a fantastic title.

I haven't played yet, waiting on a sale, but not all reviews are 5 and 6 like GS and IGN. Also, word of mouth is also a thing. People who are playing the game are having a blast and they are being vocal about their experience.

That's funny how Crackdown 3 was utter crap and nobody could have enjoyed it

Avatar image for boxrekt2
#20 Edited by BoxRekt2 (23 posts) -
@MonsieurX said:
@boxrekt2 said:

And apparently most people who bought it love the game.

Maybe you missed this part because you're living in a bubble of this forum but IGN and Gamespot are not the end all be all gaming review sources.

Online, reading the reception of the game very few people have negative things to say about Days Gone and most are saying it's a fantastic title.

I haven't played yet, waiting on a sale, but not all reviews are 5 and 6 like GS and IGN. Also, word of mouth is also a thing. People who are playing the game are having a blast and they are being vocal about their experience.

That's funny how Crackdown 3 was utter crap and nobody could have enjoyed it

I never said noone could enjoy Cracdown 3, but Crackdowns downgrade, flaws and failure to deliver what MS promised were apparent to everyone even xbox fans.

Avatar image for jeezers
#21 Posted by jeezers (3281 posts) -

@boxrekt2: dude.. I agree.. I said crackdown 3 sucks, I dont even own an xbox one. Not sure what your trying to get across...

Isnt crackdown 3 on gamepass? Who in thier right mind would buy a game like that for 60 bucks when its on gamepass

Avatar image for boxrekt2
#22 Posted by BoxRekt2 (23 posts) -
@jeezers said:

@boxrekt2: dude.. I agree.. I said crackdown 3 sucks, I dont even own an xbox one. Not sure what your trying to get across...

Isnt crackdown 3 on gamepass? Who in thier right mind would buy a game like that for 60 bucks when its on gamepass

Forza Horizon 4 still charts :)

Avatar image for jeezers
#23 Edited by jeezers (3281 posts) -

@boxrekt2: makes sense, its the best racing sim on the market this gen, worth 60 bucks, has tons of replay value.

Imo days gone and crackdown 3 are not.

This really does showcase something tho, ps4 exclusives seem to only sell well right after release. After people beat them, they kinda just sit on the shelf. Many of thier exclusives have no replay value.

Look at Nintendo... 2 Wii u ports... are still charting while games like horizon, uncharted 4, bloodbourne, and spiderman are back on the shelf...

days gone just came out and because sony has had a drought in exclusives since spiderman released it seems to have done well tho.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
#24 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10476 posts) -

@jeezers: "They have more than tripple the player count than xbox this gen."

I didn't know PS4 has reach 150+ million units sold!

Avatar image for jeezers
#25 Edited by jeezers (3281 posts) -

@joshrmeyer: I can say its definently more than double, proabably somewhere between double to tripple

Edit: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/436094/switch-vs-ps4-vs-xbox-one-global-lifetime-salesjanuary-2019/

Looks like sony had 56% of the home console market at the beggining of the year, xbox one had 25%. So it was a little more than double in january

Avatar image for omegamaster
#26 Posted by omegaMaster (1320 posts) -

GTA V once again showing the gaming industry who is boss lol

Avatar image for jeezers
#27 Posted by jeezers (3281 posts) -

@omegamaster: rockstar really did knock it out of the park with GTA 5, while being a cross gen title as well... God tier

Avatar image for watercrack445
#28 Posted by watercrack445 (1832 posts) -

Days gone still ahead. Red Redemption 2 still doing pretty good for a game that sold over 10 million.

Avatar image for whatafailure
#29 Edited by WhatAFailure (425 posts) -
@MonsieurX said:

Most threads created months before launch were actually from cows, so much for lems hyping this

Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure Cows don't care about that promised Cloud Destruction feature that was hyped up by MS and Lemmings. I'm sure Cows didn't give a shit Terry Crews was hired to yell and promote this game. Who made those threads? I'm sure if I did a search, there's a few Lemming threads hyping up Crackdown 3 as a major, long-anticipated AAA exclusive waaaay more than Days Gone.

And even if they didn't start those threads like you say, they were in the posts, hyping Crackdown 3 as a deadly competitive weapon in MS's ongoing battle with Sony.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

@whatafailure: The thing that made Crackdown 3 so embarrassing is the amount of lems that chose to die on the hill trying to defend the game... only for absolutely none of them to buy it.

They couldn't even lean on the Game Pass excuse because the game didn't even climb up the most played chart. If you're gonna defend garbage, at least commit to it. LOL!

Haha I remember you posting the Game Pass lists and they didn't know what to say after that. Also, unless I'm misunderstanding the Game Pass deal -- wouldn't devs make less money through this method?

So every time I see a Lemming boast about Game Pass saving the day (which I do admit the program has some perks for gamers), it also seems like these developers get less benefits with the existence of Game Pass. Many $60 sales aren't happening. And so it could be argued that they suffer far more, especially when it flops commercially. It's like getting punched in the face, stomach AND balls

Lemmings love torture porn, apparently!

Avatar image for xhawk27
#30 Edited by xhawk27 (11392 posts) -

They sure love Flops in the U.K. LOL

Gears 5 better be #1 for five weeks since it's going to be a lot better game than Days Turd! ?

Avatar image for boxrekt2
#31 Edited by BoxRekt2 (23 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:

They sure love Flops in the U.K. LOL

Gears 5 better be #1 for five weeks since it's going to be a lot better game than Days Turd! ?

Nice contradiction, according to your logic, Gears 5 could only be #1 if it's a "Flop".

Lems can't throw a punch without hitting themselves in the face.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
#32 Posted by Midnightshade29 (6000 posts) -

@jeezers said:

@boxrekt2: makes sense, its the best racing sim on the market this gen, worth 60 bucks, has tons of replay value.

Imo days gone and crackdown 3 are not.

This really does showcase something tho, ps4 exclusives seem to only sell well right after release. After people beat them, they kinda just sit on the shelf. Many of thier exclusives have no replay value.

Look at Nintendo... 2 Wii u ports... are still charting while games like horizon, uncharted 4, bloodbourne, and spiderman are back on the shelf...

days gone just came out and because sony has had a drought in exclusives since spiderman released it seems to have done well tho.

Wii u ports. 99% of gamers didn't own a wii u. Of course they are going to sell now that people own a Nintendo console to play them. Hell I will buy hyrule warriors (if the damn game ever gets a price drop) and that is a wii u port. My problem with Nintendo 1st party is that prices never drop. They are greedy. There is no reason a game like Hyrule warriors should be $60. Its old. If that game was on ps4 it would be $20 new by now. Dont' even get me started on switch game prices being $10-20 more than other consoles for a lesser quality game. I only buy them on sale. Luckily 3rd party still drops in price on switch, wish I could say the same for Nintendo 1st party. I just won't buy unless it's a must buy (mainline Mario/Zelda, Metriod/Fire Emblem only).

Avatar image for Ant_17
#33 Posted by Ant_17 (12883 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

They sure love Flops in the U.K. LOL

Gears 5 better be #1 for five weeks since it's going to be a lot better game than Days Turd! ?

If Gears 5 is that long on top, it means it's a bigger flop.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#34 Posted by I_P_Daily (12551 posts) -

@whatafailure said:

Lemmings hyped up Crackdown 3 harder, and it fell harder, and sold shittier.

Days Gone hyped less, scored better (on average across all reviewers), and sold better. Do the math, Lemmings! One of these two is the bigger overall FLOP

Look at this little cow alt projecting only what a cow alt can, cow shit.

Prove that lemmings hyped C3 harder than cows did DG.

Sorry to inform you alt, but D5ys G5ne got a 5 on here, so it was a definite flop lol.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#35 Posted by KungfuKitten (26797 posts) -

After hearing some non-political reviewer critique on Day's Gone it's been elevated into my top 3 soon-to-play games.

Avatar image for whatafailure
#36 Edited by WhatAFailure (425 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@whatafailure said:

Lemmings hyped up Crackdown 3 harder, and it fell harder, and sold shittier.

Days Gone hyped less, scored better (on average across all reviewers), and sold better. Do the math, Lemmings! One of these two is the bigger overall FLOP

Look at this little cow alt projecting only what a cow alt can, cow shit.

Prove that lemmings hyped C3 harder than cows did DG.

Sorry to inform you alt, but D5ys G5ne got a 5 on here, so it was a definite flop lol.

This Lemming is having a meltdown lol

Crackdown 3 = 5 on GS and in the 50s on Metacritic (definite flop, according to your own definition)

Days Gone = 5 on GS but 70s on Metacritic. #1 top seller in Japan and UK. Sequel possible. Not bad for an inexperienced Vita developer. Notice I'm able to add positive sentences to the simple "5 score on Gamespot" for this game. I can't add shit to Crackdown 3's situation, because that game died and didn't even chart in the Top 10 for GamePass. I can't proudly say it topped Japan/UK charts, because it didn't. I can't say there will be a sequel, or that it scored higher on Metacritic and was severely misjudged. Because it wasn't (consensus of professional game reviewers scoring your game in the 50s on Metacritic is baaaad).

There's a definite difference between the two titles, and one of those games is the bigger FLOPMASTER. Also, just do a search for Crackdown 3 threads. Lemmings were hyping that game way more than Cows hyping Days Gone. Lemmings seem to obsessively track every movement, breath and heartbeat made by Cows, but can't even remember their own words!! Xbox SAD

Avatar image for xhawk27
#37 Posted by xhawk27 (11392 posts) -

@whatafailure: Look at this cow having a melt down lol Claiming media bias because Days flop has many bugs and is a boring game. Crackdown 3 is 60 on MC not 50's and I can claim media bias too. The Cows were hyping Crackdown 3 much more than the lemmings ever did. Some including me said it could be a fun game based off some early previews of it.

Take the L Cows over Days Flop.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#38 Edited by xhawk27 (11392 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:

They sure love Flops in the U.K. LOL

Gears 5 better be #1 for five weeks since it's going to be a lot better game than Days Turd! ?

If Gears 5 is that long on top, it means it's a bigger flop.

If you think Gears 5 will score lower than Days Turd you are delusional. lol

Avatar image for Ant_17
#39 Edited by Ant_17 (12883 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@xhawk27 said:

They sure love Flops in the U.K. LOL

Gears 5 better be #1 for five weeks since it's going to be a lot better game than Days Turd! ?

If Gears 5 is that long on top, it means it's a bigger flop.

If you think Gears 5 will score lower than Days Turd you are delusional. lol

God you're stupid.

Where do i mention the score dipshit? I'm basing this on your stupid comment.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#40 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

Rockstar is a monster.

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#41 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

@PCgameruk: I think out of all the TV and YouTube and forums I’ve been on since before Days Gone launch I’ve seen 1...maybe 2 commercials.

Avatar image for mazuiface
#42 Edited by mazuiface (931 posts) -

It's amazing how GTA V is still topping charts. At this point, are people who played on 360/PS3 just getting the current gen versions or what?

Avatar image for raining51
#43 Posted by Raining51 (1145 posts) -

Mario Kart 8? Really?

That franchise was always kinda overrated to see it here is even more surprising.

Avatar image for whatafailure
#44 Edited by WhatAFailure (425 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:

@whatafailure: Look at this cow having a melt down lol Claiming media bias because Days flop has many bugs and is a boring game. Crackdown 3 is 60 on MC not 50's and I can claim media bias too. The Cows were hyping Crackdown 3 much more than the lemmings ever did. Some including me said it could be a fun game based off some early previews of it.

Take the L Cows over Days Flop.

I can't believe how hard Lemmings are defending the flop that is Crackdown 3. The meltdown over a nothing game is hilarious. I've already proven it's a bigger flop than Days Gone.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/crackdown-3 (60 score, 4.1 user rating)

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/crackdown-3 (54 score, 2.8 user rating)

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/days-gone (72 score, 8.0 user rating)

Crackdown 3 even loses in User Ratings everywhere. And before you accuse Cows of tampering with those user scores, other Xbox One games aren't that low. You think Cows give a shit about a nothing game to log on and put in fake scores? It appears even Lemmings barely cared about their own game -- look at the amount of user ratings submitted compared to Days Gone.

Worse critic reviews, worse user reviews, worse sales, CD3 developer will never get to make a sequel even if they beg Microsoft = BIGGER FLOP

You can't spell Lose and Lemmings without the L. So you take the L.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#45 Edited by xhawk27 (11392 posts) -

@whatafailure said:
@xhawk27 said:

@whatafailure: Look at this cow having a melt down lol Claiming media bias because Days flop has many bugs and is a boring game. Crackdown 3 is 60 on MC not 50's and I can claim media bias too. The Cows were hyping Crackdown 3 much more than the lemmings ever did. Some including me said it could be a fun game based off some early previews of it.

Take the L Cows over Days Flop.

I can't believe how hard Lemmings are defending the flop that is Crackdown 3. The meltdown over a nothing game is hilarious. I've already proven it's a bigger flop than Days Gone.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/crackdown-3 (60 score, 4.1 user rating)

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/crackdown-3 (54 score, 2.8 user rating)

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/days-gone (72 score, 8.0 user rating)

Crackdown 3 even loses in User Ratings everywhere. And before you accuse Cows of tampering with those user scores, other Xbox One games aren't that low. You think Cows give a shit about a nothing game to log on and put in fake scores? It appears even Lemmings barely cared about their own game -- look at the amount of user ratings submitted compared to Days Gone.

Worse reviews, worse sales, CD3 developer will never get to make a sequel even if they beg Microsoft = BIGGER FLOP

You can't spell Lose and Lemmings without the L. So you take the L.

At least Crackdown 3 didn't have as many bugs as did Days Gone. For me Crackdown 3 was a fun game and for most others too. Yeah those User review scores are mostly Xbox haters lower the score on crackdown 3 and raising it up on Days Gone. Face it Days Gone is the biggest flop. It was in longer development than Crackdown 3 and was first party not a small third party dev like Sumo Digital. If Crackdown 3 ever gets a sequel it's going to be from MS first party devs.

The Cows have been taking some L's recently. Take the L

Avatar image for whatafailure
#46 Edited by WhatAFailure (425 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:

At least Crackdown 3 didn't have as many bugs as did Days Gone. For me Crackdown 3 was a fun game and for most others too. Yeah those User review scores are mostly Xbox haters lower the score on crackdown 3 and raising it up on Days Gone. Face it Days Gone is the biggest flop. It was in longer development than Crackdown 3 and was first party not a small third party dev like Sumo Digital. If Crackdown 3 ever gets a sequel it's going to be from MS first party devs.

The Cows have been taking some L's recently. Take the L

If it was so bug-ridden and unplayable, it would have a trashier Metacritic score like Crackdown 3's abysmal 54-60. Those Days Gone reviewers played through the entire game, remember. If it was so buggy and broken where you can't even enjoy it or make progress, they would have mentioned it. I trust them over Lemming strangers who haven't even spent one minute with the game.

If Crackdown 3 isn't a high profile first-party game funded by MS, but a cute little third party game tucked away in the corner, then so is Days Gone (made by Vita developers who never made a modern console game before). I'd say the Days Gone devs are allowed to blunder for a first attempt -- and an open world at that. At least they can learn from it and make a better sequel. Crackdown 3 devs apparently took two entire games and still didn't know how to deliver a winner. In fact, many say CD3 is worse than previous games, so it seems like they're regressing! And now the franchise is dead, and it's their own fault.

Sony is dominating Microsoft at the console game. Sony could afford a dent or two. MS is so behind, Crackdown 3 flopping and disappearing from mainstream discussion hurts them far worse. They need a win badly (NPD, high-scoring exclusive, worldwide presence) and can't get it.

Keep the L. It belongs to Lemmings.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#47 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (29244 posts) -
@davillain- said:

My favorite MK game still rocking it. Ed Boon sure outdone himself this time around.

What a great time to be a gamer!

So much for go woke, go broke.