UK Charts - Titanfall still number 1. Infamous 15th

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#1 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

GFK have released the latest UK charts. Good news for titanfall fans as the game remains on top of the charts.

EA’s Xbox and PC shooter Titanfall has claimed No.1 in the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 for the second successive week.

It’s the game’s third UK No.1, relegating EA’s new entry 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil into second place in its debut week, although EA has three titles in the Top Five and four in the Top Ten.

Elsewhere in the Top Ten Ubisoft’s Trials Fusion enters the Top 40 in seventh. However, digital sales for this title were likely very strong – whilst it cost around £30 physically the digital game was available without a Season Pass for £15.99.

The PS4 release of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn sees the MMO re-enter the charts in 20th.

Here’s the UK Top Ten in full for the week ending April 19th:

1. Titanfall (EA)

2. 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (EA)

3. LEGO The Hobbit (Warner Bros)

4. FIFA 14 (EA)

5. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)

6. South park: The Stick of Truth (Ubisoft)

7. Trials Fusion (Ubisoft)

8. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)

9. The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros)

10. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)

Edited to provide links from the first page

all formats Link

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

Individual formats link

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Avatar image for Indicud
#2 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

Where were you in the NPD thread?

Avatar image for sts106mat
#3 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@Indicud said:

Where were you in the NPD thread?

I haven't been on for at least four days, we have a long weekend here in the UK for easter.

Why?

Avatar image for Indicud
#4 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

@sts106mat: since you seem to LOVE TitanFall sales, I think you'd be happy it failed to be a system seller. Selling not only 70k units than the PS4, but selling less units in the five week March NPD, than Febuarys 4 week NPD.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#5 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@Indicud said:

@sts106mat: since you seem to LOVE TitanFall sales, I think you'd be happy it failed to be a system seller. Selling not only 70k units than the PS4, but selling less units in the five week March NPD, than Febuarys 4 week NPD.

Why would i care about sales in the US?

what is the definition of "system seller"?

What was the best selling game of March?

This thread is about the UK charts

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#6 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Indicud said:

@sts106mat: since you seem to LOVE TitanFall sales, I think you'd be happy it failed to be a system seller. Selling not only 70k units than the PS4, but selling less units in the five week March NPD, than Febuarys 4 week NPD.

Why would i care about sales in the US?

what is the definition of "system seller"?

What was the best selling game of March?

lol great points, thanks for proving why you are one of the clowns of sw.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#7 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@sts106mat said:

@Indicud said:

@sts106mat: since you seem to LOVE TitanFall sales, I think you'd be happy it failed to be a system seller. Selling not only 70k units than the PS4, but selling less units in the five week March NPD, than Febuarys 4 week NPD.

Why would i care about sales in the US?

what is the definition of "system seller"?

What was the best selling game of March?

lol great points, thanks for proving why you are one of the clowns of sw.

how am I a clown?

I didn't post in an NPD thread or make predictions

Got anything useful to add to thread at hand?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#8 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

Lol I dont know wer u are gettimg that list from but on the real list infamous is no.8 not 15. And x360 titanfall is 1, x1 titanfall no.2

Avatar image for Suppaman100
#9 Edited by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

LMFAO, OP why are you damage controlling the fact that Xbone couldn't win in its homefront with the most hyped game, titanfall?

Avatar image for sts106mat
#10 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Lol I dont know wer u are gettimg that list from but on the real list infamous is no.8 not 15. And x360 titanfall is 1, x1 titanfall no.2

here is where i got the list from

It is the official UK chart

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

As you can see, Infamous is not at number 8.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#12 Posted by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@Suppaman100: what damage control?

this thread is about the UK charts not Xbone

Avatar image for Netret0120
#13 Posted by Netret0120 (3475 posts) -

Titanfall is on 3 platforms and Infamous is on 1 and it still just BARELY managed to outsell it lol lemmings are trying so hard these days.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#14 Edited by finalstar2007 (27919 posts) -

Seems like xbox360 version is the version helping this game, doubt the franchise broke-even yet.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#15 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@Indicud said:

Where were you in the NPD thread?

He was hiding from the destruction he got.

TF on Xbone down slightly, strange considering the price cut on Amazon to £349. TF ahead on PS4 despite lemming downplaying, all PS4 software ahead of Xbone and AAAAA quadrillion dollar blockbuster Kinect Sports Rivals plummets from 10th to 18th. Looks like lemmings don't buy their own games. Will be fun watching the gradual shift from 360 to PS4 in the top ten over the coming year.

Avatar image for bezza2011
#16 Posted by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

Not sure why were even fighting, the chart is for all formats, that means Infamous is competing against Titanfall which is on 360, X1 and PC, not only that but Infamous has sold more than any of it's predecessors, and it's on 1 console. The rest are new releases and Fifa is always going to be a great seller.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#17 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Lol I dont know wer u are gettimg that list from but on the real list infamous is no.8 not 15. And x360 titanfall is 1, x1 titanfall no.2

here is where i got the list from

It is the official UK chart

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

As you can see, Infamous is not at number 8.

There seem to be diffcharts going around. One of gaff has infamous no.8 and this one has infamous no.11 and urs has it at no.15

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Edit: gaff thread is old but got bumped, that explains it

Edit 2: 'One is charted with an entry per platform, the other is charted per title, so it's pushed down by multiplatform games in that one' now everything is clear

Avatar image for sts106mat
#18 Posted by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Seems like almost everyone been waiting for the xbox360 version.

no doubt many will buy it on the 360. XB1 version of Titanfall still was the biggest launch in the UK this year though.

The game is great fun, i am really enjoying it.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#19 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

Titanfall is on 3 platforms and Infamous is on 1 and it still just BARELY managed to outsell it lol lemmings are trying so hard these days.

It didn't barely outsell it lol. Cows said titanfall would be a flop that no-one would be interested since it was "cod with robots" some said Infamous would sell more and last longer. They also said titanfall was falling out of the charts and was doomed in it's second week because it dropped two places.

Looks like those haters (they know who they are) were wrong.

Looks like titanfall has much more staying power.

Avatar image for Sweenix
#20 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Multiplats are doing better on ps4...

Avatar image for sts106mat
#21 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Multiplats are doing better on ps4...

yes that's true. probably because there isn't a game like titanfall which seems to be keeping people playing long term. I have played two other games for about 2 hours since i've had titanfall. It is very addictive, It has that "one more match" thing like no other multiplayer game i've ever played. probably because each match has loads of crazy action going on and they always feel different.

I went into CEX at the weekend (a shop where people trade games etc) there was about 50 copies of Infamous second son on the shelf...it looks like a short term game which explains why it's dropped from the charts. Titanfall has it's first DLC coming soon. I think it will be in the top ten games charts right into summer and possibly beyond.

Avatar image for Sollet
#22 Posted by Sollet (8075 posts) -

This thread is sad.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#23 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

I'd be worried about the Xbone TF dropping considering it's practically given away for free with the console. I remember a certain lemming who said it would move "so many Xbox One units."

Unfortunately it looks like the great cancer EA is going to make bank this quarter off TF and FIFA. Well done everyone!

Avatar image for sts106mat
#25 Posted by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I'd be worried about the Xbone TF dropping considering it's practically given away for free with the console. I remember a certain lemming who said it would move "so many Xbox One units."

Unfortunately it looks like the great cancer EA is going to make bank this quarter off TF and FIFA. Well done everyone!

was that lemming me? Did i post a prediction for the NPD thread? I dont think i've even mentioned NPD.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#26 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Netret0120 said:

Titanfall is on 3 platforms and Infamous is on 1 and it still just BARELY managed to outsell it lol lemmings are trying so hard these days.

It didn't barely outsell it lol. Cows said titanfall would be a flop that no-one would be interested since it was "cod with robots" some said Infamous would sell more and last longer. They also said titanfall was falling out of the charts and was doomed in it's second week because it dropped two places.

Looks like those haters (they know who they are) were wrong.

Looks like titanfall has much more staying power.

Err x360 version just launched last week and x1 version got price cut where as infamous is still full price £45

Avatar image for sts106mat
#27 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Lol I dont know wer u are gettimg that list from but on the real list infamous is no.8 not 15. And x360 titanfall is 1, x1 titanfall no.2

here is where i got the list from

It is the official UK chart

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

As you can see, Infamous is not at number 8.

There seem to be diffcharts going around. One of gaff has infamous no.8 and this one has infamous no.11 and urs has it at no.15

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Edit: gaff thread is old but got bumped, that explains it

Edit 2: 'One is charted with an entry per platform, the other is charted per title, so it's pushed down by multiplatform games in that one' now everything is clear

Correct, that is not an old chart. the one you posted is the individual formats charts. I'll link it properly since it is of interest

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

My chart is the all formats one which is the one that is more commonly used

Look at Minecraft though, it must be nearly a year now and still top ten. despite having been available digitally for probably a year. it recently hit 12million units sold on 360! it's unstoppable

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#28 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Yeah, Sony really needs to cut the price of Infamous. Even Tituhfuhh got a price cut and got chucked in for free with Xbones. Then again I guess they're not desperate for the slightest PR win.

Remedy and Insomniac must be looking worried at KSR's performance.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#31 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Netret0120 said:

Titanfall is on 3 platforms and Infamous is on 1 and it still just BARELY managed to outsell it lol lemmings are trying so hard these days.

It didn't barely outsell it lol. Cows said titanfall would be a flop that no-one would be interested since it was "cod with robots" some said Infamous would sell more and last longer. They also said titanfall was falling out of the charts and was doomed in it's second week because it dropped two places.

Looks like those haters (they know who they are) were wrong.

Looks like titanfall has much more staying power.

Err x360 version just launched last week and x1 version got price cut where as infamous is still full price £45

actually the 360 version came out on the 11th, and was still number one in the charts reported last week. The 360 version remains top this week. notice the 1 - 1 next to it.

Also where was the price cut exactly? it's still full price on Game.co.uk

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#33 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Seems that a lot of people who held out for the 360 version because it would look the same as the Xbone got vindicated. 28% drop, that's what, 34k combined this week? FIFA World Cup must have done exceptionally shit. Guess no one cares about last gen anymore. :(

Avatar image for sts106mat
#34 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@Sollet said:

This thread is sad.

well it's a std106clown thread, did you expect any different?

Awful damage control, specially after NPD already showed no one gives a flying fuk about titanfall on xbone.

nothing to add then.

What damage control??

Please point me to the post i made in an NPD thread where i post/make predictions.

I thought cows didn't play sales.....and that NPD=/= world...

Once again, this thread is about the UK charts.....not Xbone ... Not NPD ...

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#35 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Sollet said:

This thread is sad.

well it's a std106clown thread, did you expect any different?

Awful damage control, specially after NPD already showed no one gives a flying fuk about titanfall on xbone.

5 million Xbox One's shipped, 1.35 million Titanfall Xbox One versions sold. Xbox One owners clearly don't care about it...

good sir as usually lems talk out of their ass, may i ask where did you come up with this magical numbers? Link? This one says 1.4 millions xbox one GAMES total for march, nothing about titanfall numbers on xbox one alone, but i am sure you will be able to provide a link proving what you say.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2014/04/17/titanfall-for-xbox-one-was-no-1-selling-game-in-march-says-npd.aspx

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#36 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

std106mat, this is a thread about UK sales, not EA shill damage control. Please stay on topic.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#37 Posted by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Seems that a lot of people who held out for the 360 version because it would look the same as the Xbone got vindicated. 28% drop, that's what, 34k combined this week? FIFA World Cup must have done exceptionally shit. Guess no one cares about last gen anymore. :(

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Funny cause if you look at the individual formats breakdown that ghostwarrior posted. Titanfall on XB1 is still selling well and is third overall in terms of copies sold that week.

Its also very easy to see when you play titanfall that the game is still clearly selling well, because there are new players in 9 out of 10 matches...

Avatar image for sts106mat
#38 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

std106mat, this is a thread about UK sales, not EA shill damage control. Please stay on topic.

what is the point of your post? I haven't done anything of the sort

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#39 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

Fifa 14 beats everything on that list, Viva las Fifa! Nothing beats football mate.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#40 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Bundled for free with every Xbone, at this point if that number is dropping console numbers are dropping too. Alarm bells at Redmond, especially after the drop to £349 at Amazon.

std106mat, I have a challenge for you: make a post about this week's UK sales without using the words "Titan," Fall" or any combination thereof. There are 39 games to talk about.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#41 Posted by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

Fifa 14 beats everything on that list, Viva las Fifa! Nothing beats football mate.

I dont play football personally, and video games based on sport, i just dont enjoy at all (apart from the F1 games).

But yeah, Fifa is a monster and the game will be continue to sell well right into world cup. It is funny how quickly the Fifa games are replaced by the next one, nobody wants last years game and the prices get slashed etc. I cant think of other type of game where it happens so drastically

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#42 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

std106mat, this is a thread about UK sales, not EA shill damage control. Please stay on topic.

what is the point of your post? I haven't done anything of the sort

well std what's the point of your thread?

Avatar image for sts106mat
#43 Posted by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Bundled for free with every Xbone, at this point if that number is dropping console numbers are dropping too. Alarm bells at Redmond, especially after the drop to £349 at Amazon.

std106mat, I have a challenge for you: make a post about this week's UK sales without using the words "Titan," Fall" or any combination thereof. There are 39 games to talk about.

I dont think Chart-track counts sales of bundled versions or digital, might be wrong cause i am not 100% certain of that.

you can drop the "std" pre-fix, it's pretty clear you are made butthurt by the news of titanfall outperfoming infamous again.

Still waiting for this supposed "price drop" info you mentioned.

I talk about FIfa in the post above.

Would you like to talk about "Lego the Hobbit"? I've been playing a bit of that with my young son, it's a decent lego game

Avatar image for sts106mat
#44 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

std106mat, this is a thread about UK sales, not EA shill damage control. Please stay on topic.

what is the point of your post? I haven't done anything of the sort

well std what's the point of your thread?

oooh look another post using "std" you must be so proud of grenade launcher... Also answering a question with a question. crap tactic.

This thread is about the best selling games in the UK.

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#45 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Fifa 14 beats everything on that list, Viva las Fifa! Nothing beats football mate.

I dont play football personally, and video games based on sport, i just dont enjoy at all (apart from the F1 games).

But yeah, Fifa is a monster and the game will be continue to sell well right into world cup. It is funny how quickly the Fifa games are replaced by the next one, nobody wants last years game and the prices get slashed etc. I cant think of other type of game where it happens so drastically

I know what you mean, but to be honest unlike other rehashes we see every year not looking at anyone in particular *cough* Call of Duty *cough*. I find the difference big enough to buy the next Fifa game every time, but you're not wrong about the slashed prices it's crazy.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#46 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Netret0120 said:

Titanfall is on 3 platforms and Infamous is on 1 and it still just BARELY managed to outsell it lol lemmings are trying so hard these days.

It didn't barely outsell it lol. Cows said titanfall would be a flop that no-one would be interested since it was "cod with robots" some said Infamous would sell more and last longer. They also said titanfall was falling out of the charts and was doomed in it's second week because it dropped two places.

Looks like those haters (they know who they are) were wrong.

Looks like titanfall has much more staying power.

Err x360 version just launched last week and x1 version got price cut where as infamous is still full price £45

actually the 360 version came out on the 11th, and was still number one in the charts reported last week. The 360 version remains top this week. notice the 1 - 1 next to it.

Also where was the price cut exactly? it's still full price on Game.co.uk

Amazon. Less than £40 there

Avatar image for sts106mat
#47 Posted by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@sts106mat said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Fifa 14 beats everything on that list, Viva las Fifa! Nothing beats football mate.

I dont play football personally, and video games based on sport, i just dont enjoy at all (apart from the F1 games).

But yeah, Fifa is a monster and the game will be continue to sell well right into world cup. It is funny how quickly the Fifa games are replaced by the next one, nobody wants last years game and the prices get slashed etc. I cant think of other type of game where it happens so drastically

I know what you mean, but to be honest unlike other rehashes we see every year not looking at anyone in particular *cough* Call of Duty *cough*. I find the difference big enough to buy the next Fifa game every time, but you're not wrong about the slashed prices it's crazy.

No I agree, it's very important for everyone to have the correct players and kit etc. I I fully understand why people love it too, it's great for 2 player action, there being no need to split the screen is a major plus.

If i enjoyed football etc, i'd probably buy it. I just dont enjoy it in real life or videogame form.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#48 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

lmao a million sales in 9 days versus free bundling. I don't think I need to redirect you to Amazon.co.uk, but there you go. :)

Lego The Hobbit did pretty bleh considering it's a kid's film-tie in released on four consoles during the Easter holidays. And it's nearly dropped out of the charts completely on the Xbone.

Avatar image for sts106mat
#49 Edited by sts106mat (24175 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Netret0120 said:

Titanfall is on 3 platforms and Infamous is on 1 and it still just BARELY managed to outsell it lol lemmings are trying so hard these days.

It didn't barely outsell it lol. Cows said titanfall would be a flop that no-one would be interested since it was "cod with robots" some said Infamous would sell more and last longer. They also said titanfall was falling out of the charts and was doomed in it's second week because it dropped two places.

Looks like those haters (they know who they are) were wrong.

Looks like titanfall has much more staying power.

Err x360 version just launched last week and x1 version got price cut where as infamous is still full price £45

actually the 360 version came out on the 11th, and was still number one in the charts reported last week. The 360 version remains top this week. notice the 1 - 1 next to it.

Also where was the price cut exactly? it's still full price on Game.co.uk

Amazon. Less than £40 there

I am afraid you are wrong again then. That's not a price cut...that is the price that amazon set prior to release. I bought the game from Shopto.net and paid around the same at launch.

it's called shopping around for the best deal It's £42.99 on game.co.uk.

If you want to pay full price, go ahead.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#50 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Netret0120 said:

Titanfall is on 3 platforms and Infamous is on 1 and it still just BARELY managed to outsell it lol lemmings are trying so hard these days.

It didn't barely outsell it lol. Cows said titanfall would be a flop that no-one would be interested since it was "cod with robots" some said Infamous would sell more and last longer. They also said titanfall was falling out of the charts and was doomed in it's second week because it dropped two places.

Looks like those haters (they know who they are) were wrong.

Looks like titanfall has much more staying power.

Err x360 version just launched last week and x1 version got price cut where as infamous is still full price £45

actually the 360 version came out on the 11th, and was still number one in the charts reported last week. The 360 version remains top this week. notice the 1 - 1 next to it.

Also where was the price cut exactly? it's still full price on Game.co.uk

Amazon. Less than £40 there

I am afraid you are wrong again then. That's not a price cut...that is the price that amazon set prior to release. I bought the game from Shopto.net and paid around the same at launch. it's called shopping around for the best deal It's £42.99 on game.co.uk. If you want to pay full price, go ahead.

http://www.zavvi.com/xbox-one-games/titanfall/10817162.html

£30