daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I guess with the delay of Starfield and Redfall, looks like people are leaving Game Pass

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Not me. I’m staying. There’s plenty of games that are currently on the service that I want to play right now. Those people will come back when there are games on there that they want to play. 🤷‍♂️

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Garbage clickbait youtuber.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

Oh no!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I turned mine off and I'll buy Flight Simulator when it's officially turned off. It's the only game that kept me from turning it off. I've played all I can. I'll come back when their newer games come out.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

Let me guess, Lems will pretend this doesn’t bother them 🤣

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17423 Posts

I wouldn't say "leaving", almost all of them said they are waiting for new games to release since Starfield and Redfall were delayed.

This is how the subscription model works and why new content is so important.

I'm sure MS will have something to announce at the June 12 show and people will resub

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Does it bother you if someone else doesn’t get bothered by this though? 😎

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

GP is mostly old games anyway.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12944 Posts

In before cows believe a random youtuber.....

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

So, it bothers you that Xbox fannies aren't bothered.😂🤣

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I skimmed through most of this. Does he ever link to any numbers showing quantitative dropoff in the service? In the beginning, he cites the 25million number from Jan 2022. But most of the argument he points to just seems to be some dude on the internet saying "hey, I'm unsubbing from GP."

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KvallyX

@clone01 said:

I skimmed through most of this. Does he ever link to any numbers showing quantitative dropoff in the service? In the beginning, he cites the 25million number from Jan 2022. But most of the argument he points to just seems to be some dude on the internet saying "hey, I'm unsubbing from GP."

No, he doesn't like to any official numbers from MS. He just pulled it out of his ass like all youtubers do.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8037 Posts

Game Pass is doomed

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5873 Posts

So if I made a YouTube video saying it was growing massively this would be taken as proof on this forum.

Come on people.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Oh no not Twitter

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Come on you can do better than that… random YouTuber who’s only source is random people saying they are unsubbing….

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

So no legitimate source?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8198 Posts

Dreamcast guy lmao

This guy sucks, out of the all the game commentators. He's definitely my least favorite, even worse than DSP. At least his cringe is funny.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3396 Posts

YouTubers got to earn their money, tabloid shit is the easy way to go. I'm more intrigued why someone not getting paid would echo this kind of trash.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

What exactly would bother them? A few "influences" have left gamepass? Lol🤣

But seriously, what would bother anyone from that video?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

everyone has to make decision on subscription services based on their own needs and time, thats all it is. GP isn't cheap exactly at $15 per month for ultimate, but I wouldn't call it expensive either. Its just getting better and better. By this time next year, all of AB titles will be on the service, and its going to be more and more difficult to decide to "cut their sub".

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#23  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

I just buy the 3 month codes for PC Game Pass at discount and then stack them. I don't pay much for GP at all and it gives me plenty of games to play. Best deal in gaming.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Antwan3K
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

everyone has to make decision on subscription services based on their own needs and time, thats all it is. GP isn't cheap exactly at $15 per month for ultimate, but I wouldn't call it expensive either. Its just getting better and better. By this time next year, all of AB titles will be on the service, and its going to be more and more difficult to decide to "cut their sub".

i'll admit that Game Pass numbers likely won't see a significant increase this year and may even see a slight drop.. there needs to be a steady flow of big content and, for this year, Redfall and Starfield especially was going to be that content..

but, that just means 2023 and beyond will be stacked.. and Game Pass will then start to see steady upticks again..

for me personally, i'm staying subbed because there's tons of games in Game Pass that i'm interested in and haven't played yet.. it's just that simple

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@Antwan3K said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

i'll admit that Game Pass numbers likely won't see a significant increase this year and may even see a slight drop.. there needs to be a steady flow of big content and, for this year, Redfall and Starfield especially was going to be that content..

but, that just means 2023 and beyond will be stacked.. and Game Pass will then start to see steady upticks again..

for me personally, i'm staying subbed because there's tons of games in Game Pass that i'm interested in and haven't played yet.. it's just that simple

yep...when you think about it, starfield and redfall were the 2 big budget titles supposed to release this year. Outside of that...we've had a few games, like GOTG, but not much else. If you're not into the indies and some slightly older games, its likely you're not going to find use in GP. But next year is going to be massive for gamepass. I mean the AB merger will complete, and you're talking about hundreds of AB games being added to the library. Then you're adding the release of starfall and redfield, and who knows what else was planned for the 2023 release.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

@x_hedon said:

https://kotaku.com/xbox-game-pass-subscriber-numbers-2022-xbox-series-x-s-1848963643

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Dreamcast is the YT equivalent of VG charts. He's that much of a simp I wouldn't be surprised that he's solidgame_basic

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KvallyX

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Antwan3K said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

yep...when you think about it, starfield and redfall were the 2 big budget titles supposed to release this year. Outside of that...we've had a few games, like GOTG, but not much else. If you're not into the indies and some slightly older games, its likely you're not going to find use in GP. But next year is going to be massive for gamepass. I mean the AB merger will complete, and you're talking about hundreds of AB games being added to the library. Then you're adding the release of starfall and redfield, and who knows what else was planned for the 2023 release.

This is why my PS5 use is so lopsided this year. My XSX is collecting dust other than some Forza Horizon 5 seasonal stuff. Hopefully in 2023 (or after some surprise releases announced at Xbox show next month) I will get more use from it.

I just bought Tiny Tina's Wonderlands on Friday for my XSX but I haven't started it yet. I am just about finished with Act 2 of 3 in Ghost of Tsushima, and then I will start that game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KvallyX

@mysticaldonut said:
@x_hedon said:

https://kotaku.com/xbox-game-pass-subscriber-numbers-2022-xbox-series-x-s-1848963643

I read that. Funny thing is one of their tweets they quoted followed up his own tweet with the fact that he was joking.....

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MysticalDonut

@x_hedon said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@x_hedon said:

I read that. Funny thing is one of their tweets they quoted followed up his own tweet with the fact that he was joking.....

It's probably like only one or two percent drop or something. Literally every subscription service out there fluctuates with numbers

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KvallyX

@mysticaldonut said:
@x_hedon said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@x_hedon said:

It's probably like only one or two percent drop or something. Literally every subscription service out there fluctuates with numbers

True. But I think Netflix had a recent massive drop?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Antwan3K
@x_hedon said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

This is why my PS5 use is so lopsided this year. My XSX is collecting dust other than some Forza Horizon 5 seasonal stuff. Hopefully in 2023 (or after some surprise releases announced at Xbox show next month) I will get more use from it.

I just bought Tiny Tina's Wonderlands on Friday for my XSX but I haven't started it yet. I am just about finished with Act 2 of 3 in Ghost of Tsushima, and then I will start that game.

I'm looking forward to Uncharted 4 coming to PC sometime this year (haven't played it yet) but mostly just been diving into this backlog..

my go-to on Xbox is likely going to be Halo Infinite for the foreseeable, season 2 has been really enjoyable for me.. can't believe how much i like Last Spartan Standing and King of the Hill is constant action.. pretty excited for what's to come for the rest of the year.. and my Spartan is already looking great 😎

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:
@x_hedon said:

wow the drought must be strong.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MysticalDonut

@x_hedon said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@x_hedon said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@x_hedon said:

Netflix deserves to drop in subs and sales. They are ignorant as hell. They want like $18 for 4 screens meanwhile I pay $5/month for Peacock and $10/month for Paramount+. They are also way more expensive than Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO Max. Total rip off for what you get especially when compared to other streaming services.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

This is actually good news for gamers if true since MS will undoubtedly try to double down to get the numbers back up. Last year on gamepass nearly twice as many games came to the service each month than the last few months of this year, but perhaps that's just coincidence. Either way this seems like it can only be a win for gamers and those who stick around since MS isn't going to just let things slide. If they are concerned (at all) then they will add some bigger 3rd party games to the list to help things along until their own 1st party games are ready. I'm just fine with that. Hell, I'm just waiting for Thursday when Sniper Elite 5 drops on Gamepass. On Wednesday we all get Roller Champions and a new wipe on Atlas. I have plenty to keep me busy.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KvallyX

@mysticaldonut said:
@x_hedon said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Netflix deserves to drop in subs and sales. They are ignorant as hell. They want like $18 for 4 screens meanwhile I pay $5/month for Peacock and $10/month for Paramount+. They are also way more expensive than Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO Max. Total rip off for what you get especially when compared to other streaming services.

I don't have (or want) game pass. Same with PS+ Premium. And I never wanted a single TV subscription. But I ended up getting HBO Max a few months ago because a friend of mine convinced me to check out Game of Thrones. So I subbed, and my wife and I love the show. We are on season 4 now, so I guess we will keep the sub until we are done watching it. I don't watch anything else in the subscription though.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blaznwiipspman1

@x_hedon: I don't feel that ps5 is doing much better if at all. When you think about it, got is a ps4 game. Its good for those who haven't already played and beaten it on the ps4. I still have my copy on disc. Then you have gt7 and hfw. Gt7 is a racing game, some will like it, but not all. If you have forza horizon 5, most would say gt7 is a downgrade. Well, they're different games end of the day. Gt7 is much more of a sim, but for the casual non racing game fan, they'd have far more fun with forza. That really only leaves hfw that distinguishes it from xbox this year in terms of releases.

Neither library this year is that good. Let's see if gow ragnorauk will make it out this year.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

DreamcastGuy? You're using DreamcastGuy?

What's next Colteastwood? How about Crapgamer?

Even VG Charts is better than this.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MysticalDonut

@x_hedon said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@x_hedon said:
@mysticaldonut said:

I don't have (or want) game pass. Same with PS+ Premium. And I never wanted a single TV subscription. But I ended up getting HBO Max a few months ago because a friend of mine convinced me to check out Game of Thrones. So I subbed, and my wife and I love the show. We are on season 4 now, so I guess we will keep the sub until we are done watching it. I don't watch anything else in the subscription though.

HBO Max has a lot of good content, I was last watching The Big Bang Theory on it. I just don't pay for that service, I use my friend's login credentials

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KvallyX

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@x_hedon: I don't feel that ps5 is doing much better if at all. When you think about it, got is a ps4 game. Its good for those who haven't already played and beaten it on the ps4. I still have my copy on disc. Then you have gt7 and hfw. Gt7 is a racing game, some will like it, but not all. If you have forza horizon 5, most would say gt7 is a downgrade. Well, they're different games end of the day. Gt7 is much more of a sim, but for the casual non racing game fan, they'd have far more fun with forza. That really only leaves hfw that distinguishes it from xbox this year in terms of releases.

Neither library this year is that good. Let's see if gow ragnorauk will make it out this year.

For 2022, the PS5 is doing better for me. But before that, not so much. 2021 was Xbox for me with Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5. I haven't any exclusives for my XSX this year, but on the PS5 I played Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7 and now hopefully God of War.

2023 is looking like back to Xbox for a larger amount of exclusives. But as we all know, everything changes FAST.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6863 Posts

A few hundred people on Twitter isn't the masses.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KvallyX

LOL, I love Microsoft's reply.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8852 Posts

@daredevils2k: Are you really quoting a guy who listed as his source a bunch of Twitter messages? XBox had it's best non-holiday growth ever.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

@fedor said:

Garbage clickbait youtuber.

why are people so lazy to do research now? they think 1 source is the truth.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#45 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Not me. I’m staying. There’s plenty of games that are currently on the service that I want to play right now. Those people will come back when there are games on there that they want to play. 🤷‍♂️

SAme here bro. Its too good

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#46 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Fyeah! Die, GamePass

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

All these people saying that Game Pass was great because of day one first party games are not only eating crow, but now they're trying to swallow the whole damn nest.

What are you paying for now? A bunch of chintzy diabetic games you can't actually own? Fifteen dollars a month for old shit and indies. LOLOL!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#48 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Yeah, what a load of crap. Lmao

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KvallyX

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Fifteen dollars a month for old shit and indies. LOLOL!

$10, and has AAA, first party and indies lololololololololololololololololol.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

@x_hedon said:

$10, and has AAA, first party and indies lololololololololololololololololol.

15 for ultimate. Paying monthly for two new AAAs in three years, and tons of indies from devs who get ripped off by MS. 🤣🤣🤣🤣