NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

April Fools is coming early this year folks!

I chuckled a little when I saw one of them using a mac keyboard to play The Division with.

I guess Ubisoft likes PC's potential but just don't like developing for it very well. They've also ruined the Trackmania series as the latest maniaplanet update for the Trackmania 2 games removes splitscreen , breaks hotseat mode, ridiculous UI, poor online performance, some people that already own the game getting locked out and just simply breaking an already perfect game in general and this a PC exclusive not a multiplat! I wonder if Questmania is still gonna be a thing if so I'm very worried about it, same if they ever make another Shootmania mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@NoodleFighter: What you don't see in that video is the person off screen pointing the gun at them to make them say that :P

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

I chuckled a little when I saw one of them using a mac keyboard to play The Division with.

?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58644 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

@NoodleFighter: What you don't see in that video is the person off screen pointing the gun at them to make them say that :P

The people pointing the gun at them are the probably higher up $$$ who (for understandable reasons) get them to focus on console. Since they got into gaming as a job, chances are they love games. Otherwise, why the **** would you be doing it in the first place? Unless you work for Polygon of course, in which case you don't care about games at all, and probably have pink hair.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Prove it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#6  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17764 Posts

This video is a slap in the face to PC gamers. They release all these broken and unoptimized games that take months of patches before they are in a decent state.

That PC love though.... LOL

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58644 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Prove it.

Well, Ubisoft is one of the few major publishers who still make and publish PC'ish strategy games. Anno. Heroes Of Might And Magic, the Settlers. They even allowed Might And Magic X to exist which was basically almost 25 year throwback to the very original CRPGs. And probably sold like shit, I imagine.

Pretty shitty still, they completely destroyed Rainbow 6 (Seige can eat a fat one) and turned Ghost Recon into American Bros shooty shooty bang bang. But, compared to EA who practically killed all pc development, they have occasionally been alright.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#8 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Wait a minute, I thought PC was the best way to play every game?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Prove it.

Ubisoft gives us free games? Black Flag was an unexpected welcome gift :)

Edit: This doesn't mean I'm sugarcoating Ubisoft.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

Some Ubi games look intriguing to me... but Uplay is a non-starter for me.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@enzyme36: Uplay is ok. I like it actually.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrLostRib

@enzyme36 said:

Some Ubi games look intriguing to me... but Uplay is a non-starter for me.

why?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't have much in the way of Ubisoft games aside from Far Cry 3 and 4 and the original IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. I love all three, warts and all.

Cliffs of Dover

I think I'll like The Crew 2 as well. I like the sensation of breakneck speeds just above the ground.

Loading Video...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@NoodleFighter: Yet, they combine Denuvo w/U-Play, and cripple their PC Game performance in the name of fighting against piracy.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@NoodleFighter: Yet, they combine Denuvo w/U-Play, and cripple their PC Game performance in the name of fighting against piracy.

dont forget how they abandoned switch..lolz

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FireEmblem_Man

@Heil68 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

How? They're still supporting Mario + Rabbids, and still a lot of fun! We shall wait and see this year.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Heil68 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

How? They're still supporting Mario + Rabbids, and still a lot of fun! We shall wait and see this year.

hahhaa Even you believe that bullshit..3rd party is shit on Switch

lolz

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrLostRib

@FireEmblem_Man said:

was that ever proven to be the issue?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FireEmblem_Man

@Heil68 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@Heil68 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

hahhaa Even you believe that bullshit..3rd party is shit on Switch

lolz

Yes, that's why they announced the DK expansion from the Direct Mini.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Looks like they are peddling something here, have to wait to see what it is.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

Honestly, in terms of PC and stuff, I think Ubisoft has been OK. They've done some shitty stuff with DRM and I do dislike going through Uplay (though, admittedly, it's not that bad and if Steam is ever down I can download through that).

The problem I have with Ubisoft is they are open-world whores. Enough already. Make some pretty levels for once instead of big boring worlds.

@pelvist said:

Looks like they are peddling something here, have to wait to see what it is.

If it's some sort of "Games as a Service" nonsense, I am out. I don't care if they bring AC to its roots, make Anno a great city-builder game again, and Black and White 2 is actually a good game. Screw that.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58159 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

It's either that or bad programming, either way it's their mistake.

But no I don't think it has been :D

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NoodleFighter

@mrbojangles25 said:
@drlostrib said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

It's either that or bad programming, either way it's their mistake.

But no I don't think it has been :D

VMProtect's virtualization protection tanks Assassin's Creed Origins CPU performance by 20-40%, nevermind how Far Cry 4 won't run on Dual core systems even though the game only uses one core this is because the game was programmed to go towards CPU3 on PCs regardless of whether they had it or not, and not realizing a lot of of CPUs that are dual core these days are i3s with hyperthreading which gives them 2 simulated cores.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

They suck at PC.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@davillain-: @uninspiredcup: I'll elaborate a bit further on what I mean by "prove it". Words of praise are nice and all that but proof is in the pudding and they need to continue to show this with games that take advantage of the extra power available with PC's.

In all fairness Ubisoft have done a complete U turn since the days of always online DRM for single player games (ACII and Settlers 7 being the two most notable) and Yves Gulliemot's declaration that dev's/pub's loose 95% of their sales to PC piracy. They're doing OK at the moment but as they've shown in the past Ubisoft can change direction with the wind.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Didn't bought a game from them since ages. The moment i read about there anti piracy bullshit that hammers performance it's a big fat nope.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26641 Posts

I love the fact that many of them pick Ubisoft games as their favorite PC memory games. They don't sound like gamers at all. Lol

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@NoodleFighter: Ubisoft love PC? that has to be the biggest joke and we are not even in April.

If they really loved PC they would not present the downgraded garbage they have in almost every single game since Watch Dogs.

But thanks for the laugh , that video is satire at a new level.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NoodleFighter

Someone shared this post on wccftech. Sums it up perfectly.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Someone shared this post on wccftech. Sums it up perfectly.

I heard pc gamers also say that once or twice about ubisoft, however they all bursted out in laugher soon after it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#31 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I mean, their PC ports have been pretty good lately, and they have been supporting their games fairly well, eg. adding a free PvP mode to GR:W, letting you access new content for free in R6:Siege (even though it takes ages to unlock new operators).

I don't really have a problem with Denuvo DRM. If it makes it appreciably harder for people to crack and pirate their games then sure, as long as it doesn't ruin performance (and there are plenty of cases where games that use Denuvo run fine).

Uplay is the only sticking point for me, but I feel less strongly about it now. Its just a mild inconvenience. not worth getting upset about.

They are still a bit open-world crazy, but are showing some signs of experimentation like with For Honor and Rainbow Six Siege. I didn't much like For Honor but I respect them for trying something new. Now they are working on that Pirate Ship game which again sounds like it will have some novel ideas.

They were also one of the few major publishers to escape 2017 without getting into some huge loot-box/microtransaction related controversy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

They are still a bit open-world crazy, but are showing some signs of experimentation like with For Honor and Rainbow Six Siege. I didn't much like For Honor but I respect them for trying something new. Now they are working on that Pirate Ship game which again sounds like it will have some novel ideas.

They were also one of the few major publishers to escape 2017 without getting into some huge loot-box/microtransaction related controversy.

Yeah true.

That pirate game is supposed to be multiplayer only, right ? No singleplayer ?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

they dont even make good games so this PC gamer says NFG

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

They're just saying that to get in the good graces with dramatic PC gaming community, EA/Crytek did that song and dance before Crysis 3 released and the PC gaming community didn't bother to shit as hard on EA/Crytek as they did when Crysis 2 released. Publishers and developers can achieve a lot with a little shallow lip service. Ubisoft said they were focusing on SP for AC Syndicate even though it was clearly an abandoned co-op MP project from the start and every bit as ill designed as Unity was in the game's core mechanics; by contrast AC Origins really shows what a commitment to an SP affair should look like. But, gamers and reviewers ate it up, saw all the dribble regurgitated about how it was great they returned to a strictly SP affair. Or Destiny, while I got into it after the first two DLCs released and liked what was there, the same post-launch talk about how the game was letdown over lack of story and fracturing the game to maximize profits, blah blah blah, then the Taken King DLC releases, there's all this talk about how they're focusing on story and give the gamers what they wanted. I for one thought the overall gaming environment took a downturn, didn't like all the changes, the story elements didn't add much to anything, but the same thing, a little lip service, the gamers and reviewers seem contempt and repeat what they were spoonfed like it was the most effortless Jedi mind-trick.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TryIt

@lamprey263 said:

They're just saying that to get in the good graces with dramatic PC gaming community, EA/Crytek did that song and dance before Crysis 3 released and the PC gaming community didn't bother to shit as hard on EA/Crytek as they did when Crysis 2 released. Publishers and developers can achieve a lot with a little shallow lip service. Ubisoft said they were focusing on SP for AC Syndicate even though it was clearly an abandoned co-op MP project from the start and every bit as ill designed as Unity was in the game's core mechanics; by contrast AC Origins really shows what a commitment to an SP affair should look like. But, gamers and reviewers ate it up, saw all the dribble regurgitated about how it was great they returned to a strictly SP affair. Or Destiny, while I got into it after the first two DLCs released and liked what was there, the same post-launch talk about how the game was letdown over lack of story and fracturing the game to maximize profits, blah blah blah, then the Taken King DLC releases, there's all this talk about how they're focusing on story and give the gamers what they wanted. I for one thought the overall gaming environment took a downturn, didn't like all the changes, the story elements didn't add much to anything, but the same thing, a little lip service, the gamers and reviewers seem contempt and repeat what they were spoonfed like it was the most effortless Jedi mind-trick.

the thing is who the audience of that is for is likely actually console players.

On average dedicated PC gamers dont give a flying rats ass about Ubisoft. Its the console gamers who go out and buy two copies of the same game, one for console and one for PC and then they assume all or most PC gamers are just playing multiplatform titles on the PC

When someone like Ubisoft says 'we care about PC' I expect that to really mean 'we plan to make PC look bad somehow' in the near future. you know, like locking frame rates

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NoodleFighter

@tryit said:

the thing is who the audience of that is for is likely actually console players.

On average dedicated PC gamers dont give a flying rats ass about Ubisoft. Its the console gamers who go out and buy two copies of the same game, one for console and one for PC and then they assume all or most PC gamers are just playing multiplatform titles on the PC

When someone like Ubisoft says 'we care about PC' I expect that to really mean 'we plan to make PC look bad somehow' in the near future. you know, like locking frame rates

Reminds me of when PC gaming software statistics come out there is usually that one guy that goes "If PC gaming sales are so good than why does -insert generic trash AAA game- sell way more on consoles?" not realizing there is were way more games on PC that PC gamers are buying and playing than what consoles gamers are playing where the console gaming industry revolves around almost nothing but AAA gaming.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TryIt

@NoodleFighter said:
@tryit said:

Reminds me of when PC gaming software statistics come out there is usually that one guy that goes "If PC gaming sales are so good than why does -insert generic trash AAA game- sell way more on consoles?" not realizing there is were way more games on PC that PC gamers are buying and playing than what consoles gamers are playing where the console gaming industry revolves around almost nothing but AAA gaming.

yup.

as far as they are concerned its supposed to be common knowedge that 'games' only means multiplatform.

which given MMOs and minecraft (just to name the big examples) is an absurd assumption to make when doing a platform comparison.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

They're just saying that to get in the good graces with dramatic PC gaming community, EA/Crytek did that song and dance before Crysis 3 released and the PC gaming community didn't bother to shit as hard on EA/Crytek as they did when Crysis 2 released.

• Crysis 2 was a huge dissapointment compared to 1, of course there was more uproar
  • Crysis 3 will have already sold less after Crysis 2 flopping, so of course there was less uproar.
  • People knew what to expect after Crysis 2

Just saying 'EA/Crytek appeased to PC gamers and so there was less uproar' may have been one factor, it's certainly not the whole story.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#39 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Yeah true.

That pirate game is supposed to be multiplayer only, right ? No singleplayer ?

I think so? my understanding of how that game will work is still pretty minimal but I loved the naval combat in AC4 so i'm cautiously hopeful.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#40 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Ubisoft = Teeth of elephant. Different teeth for use and showcasing.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Ubi needs PC but PC doesn't need Ubisoft.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

Funny how all their favorite games are from Ubisoft, what a load of bollocks.

I do wan't AC:O though, but I'd only buy it for 30 bucks or less on Steam and all the good offers are for UPlay sadly.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

What's wrong with UPlay? I've had more issues with Steam (like 1-2 things over 12 years) than UPlay. I understand the complaint about having multiple platforms for software on the same hardware... but I've never had an issue opening a different program. And UPlay has free games every once in a while, just like Origin (about 95% of my Origin library is free games).

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NoodleFighter

@foxhound_fox: I have no problem with Uplay since after all I can still ad non steam games to steam and complete steam dominance is bad for the market, I do hear some people blame Uplay for poor performance in some games.