ubisoft: watchdogs ps4 looks like e3 2013 demo

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

So did we see the wii u version or what

they wouldnt even confirm if the wii u version was releasing in 2014. expect it to be cancelled

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Harisemo said:

@clyde46 said:

@Harisemo said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Harisemo said:

Mod bullshots, if you mod Watch Dogs on PC you'll get even better results.

None of those are bullshots. Just took ingame screenshots moron!

Can't see no HUD, obvious bullshots are obvious son. GTA IV first shot looks so bad and lol @ second pic, there are no NPCs, just empty roads with one detailed car and a few buildings. It's like using console tech demo's to make a point.

You can disable the HUD in most PC games you tool.

Show me those shots with HUD then. Are NPCs disabled in that GTA IV shot? Go ahead and enable them.

Why are you asking me this? I didn't take those shots.....

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

its already been proven theres a downgrade. Ubi is full of crap. this is old

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Harisemo said:

@clyde46 said:

Show me those shots with HUD then. Are NPCs disabled in that GTA IV shot? Go ahead and enable them.

So you just wanted to tell me you can disable HUD in games? ok.....

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

so it will look downgraded like it did at e3? POS4 showing its weakness lulz.

#STAYMAD.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Harisemo

@Tessellation said:

so it will look downgraded like it did at e3? POS4 showing its weakness lulz.

#STAYMAD.

You expect it to look like maxed out PC version? E3 2012 = PC, E3 2013 = Slightly downgraded PS4 version. Happens with all multiplats.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Harisemo said:

@clyde46 said:

@Harisemo said:

@clyde46 said:

Yeah, because you were under the impression that the lack of HUD was proof that those were bullshots. And they're not. They're obviously modded, but not bullshots. Not even the best mods out there. I've seen skyrim look even better than those shots, while running 80+ fps. Because that's what PC gaming is all about. Being able to make your games look just as good as you want them to, and modifying them in other ways if you'd like (such as getting rid of annoying, unnecessary and intrusive HUD elements).

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 the_bi99man

So, I haven't been following this game at all. Someone clarify, if possible, what's the deal with this gif, that was all over that thread the other day?

Does the game actually look like the second half of this gif, on PS4 and/or XB1? If so, what about the PC version? I ask because the difference shown in this gif is far more than just resolution and a couple effects. It looks like a different engine, and yes, definitely an entire generation apart, graphically. It is not even slight hyperbole to say that the second half of this gif looks like an early last-gen game. Like a Need for Speed game on the 360. The lighting is so bad it's funny. And also, as good as the first half looks, it's nothing that a decent mid-high end PC couldn't handle easily.

So yeah, is this gif actually made with real footage from a next gen console version of the game, and is the PC version capable as looking as good as the game used to, at higher settings?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@PAL360 said:

The 2012 footage was clearly scripted, and probably not even in-engine. I think that car accident was too well done to be in real time!

Why people for stuff like this?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I guess this means the Xbone version looks like this....

since they don't even bother mentioning it lol.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Lol that's just plain mean.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#62 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

Reading this crying over graphics cracks me up. Then people vote overwhelmingly "gameplay" in a 'whats most important to you in a game' thread. If the game is enjoyable to play I'll buy it.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@cainetao11: what about when the same game is released on two systems, but one version is cheaper to play while also being superior?

Ill answer that for you, you buy the PS4. This is what the mass audience is doing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 cainetao11

@PinkieWinkie: what about if the other console has the games you prefer, and features you value and make use of? I'll answer that for you. You buy the one that has the games you prefer and features you value and make use of.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

@PinkieWinkie: what about if the other console has the games you prefer, and features you value and make use of? I'll answer that for you. You buy the one that has the games you prefer and features you value and make use of.

and what if two people are having a conversation that's nothing to do with me but I feel like quoting them?

I'll answer that for you.

I don't quote them.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cainetao11

@CrownKingArthur: you lost me dude.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CrownKingArthur

@cainetao11: i'm just being silly. because you guys were both using that thing with 'i'll answer that for you'. and then i say that i don't quote people but its there in a quote box.

its just for lols.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cainetao11

@CrownKingArthur: nice. I love people like pinkie. In another thread he's telling me I got duped for buying an X1. As if I don't post here, read gaming news and was completely unaware of ps4's pluses on the X1. People like that can't wrap there little minds around the fact that I bought the console that has/had the games and features I wanted to play and use. If it was all about power and resolution to me, I'd have a high end rig.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#69 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Lies.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@CrownKingArthur: nice. I love people like pinkie. In another thread he's telling me I got duped for buying an X1. As if I don't post here, read gaming news and was completely unaware of ps4's pluses on the X1. People like that can't wrap there little minds around the fact that I bought the console that has/had the games and features I wanted to play and use. If it was all about power and resolution to me, I'd have a high end rig.

Can we get back on topic?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 CrownKingArthur
@alcapello said:

@cainetao11 said:

'we'

this is your first post in the thread?

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Alcapello

@CrownKingArthur said:
@alcapello said:
@cainetao11 said:

'we'

this is your first post in the thread?

Yes and No, I've been following watchdogs for a while now, it looks like something I might want to play in the very near future. There are places for off topic discussions, after warning of course (this).

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Alcapello

@I_can_haz said:

Xbox1 versions will always look worse.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Personally i dont care what anyone else thinks im buyin the game regardless and intend to fully enjoy it on my ps4.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#75 PAL360  Online
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@PAL360 said:

The 2012 footage was clearly scripted, and probably not even in-engine. I think that car accident was too well done to be in real time!

What do you mean?

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

I'm not seeing the downgrade. I just think the areas shown in the new trailer aren't as flattering overall as the previous footage we have seen. There was a downgrade from the initial E3 2012 showing on PC, but I don't see a downgrade between last year's PS4 footage and the new trailer. It still looks like a beautiful game to me.

There is a hell of a lot of compression in those screen captures but they're still clear enough to see that the game looks outstanding.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@kalipekona said:

I'm not seeing the downgrade. I just think the areas shown in the new trailer aren't as flattering overall as the previous footage we have seen. There was a downgrade from the initial E3 2012 showing on PC, but I don't see a downgrade between last year's PS4 footage and the new trailer. It still looks like a beautiful game to me.

There is a hell of a lot of compression in those screen captures but they're still clear enough to see that the game looks outstanding.

Damn, she's fugly!

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Harisemo

@the_bi99man said:

@Harisemo said:

Yeah, because you were under the impression that the lack of HUD was proof that those were bullshots. And they're not. They're obviously modded, but not bullshots. Not even the best mods out there. I've seen skyrim look even better than those shots, while running 80+ fps. Because that's what PC gaming is all about. Being able to make your games look just as good as you want them to, and modifying them in other ways if you'd like (such as getting rid of annoying, unnecessary and intrusive HUD elements).

Lack of HUD is a big factor in determining whether shot is bull or gameplay, there are other factors as well. Skyrim shots and the first GTA IV shot aren't that impressive to begin with and second GTA IV shot with icehancer mod is simply misleading and cherry picked. It's unfair to compare modded games to vanilla.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kalipekona

@TheGuardian03 said:

Watch Dogs would look like the E3 2012 if it was a PC/PS4/X1 game, but they announced a last gen version so they have to downgrade it, it has to look the same on all systems. pretty much like AC4 it looks about the same with some added effects and better frame rate and 1080p on PS4.

I still think it looks pretty good.

It might look similar at a glance, but I can tell you for a fact that AC4 on my PC is one of the best looking games I have played while my girlfriend's PS3 copy looks like the last gen game that it is (albeit a very good-looking last gen game). Nearly every single graphical element of the game is reduced or missing in the last gen versions, and it makes a big difference.

I haven't seen a single cross-generation title that doesn't look significantly better on the current consoles and PC than it does on the last gen consoles. So devs most certainly are not aiming to make the games look the same on all platforms. Even between PS4 and XB1 we are seeing some noticeable differences.

If you think the PS3 or Xbox 360 can render visuals as good as we see in the recent trailer (see my screen captures) then you have another thing coming. It won't look like that on last gen consoles.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Saw the trailer during Walking Dead last night. The footage looked underwhelming.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

I guess we'll see when it's released.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#86  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Lol TC don't get your hopes up. After all the 2013 PS4 version was already a big downgrade haha.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

I really don't care what it looks like I'm just ready to play it. It seems like its going to be really fun

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#88  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

everyone is complaining about the e3 2013 was a downgrade....but everyone knewt he 2012 reveal trailer was running on pc.next gen consoles werent even announced yet. c mon guys, stop being like pricks

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@PAL360 said:

@PSP107 said:

@PAL360 said:

What do you mean?

I mean people get hyped by the 1st info/video and then the end product doesn't come out the way it seemed.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By kalipekona

@TheGuardian03 said:

@kalipekona

The casual gamer doesn't care about the pc version, they will look at ps3 and ps4 or x360 and x1.

PS3 and 360 version of the game will be mising effects, frame rate issues and maybe even sub hd, most of them can't tell the difference or even ask "what the hell is 60 fps or 1080p?"

I am aware that ps3 and 360 versions won't look as good as ps4 and x1, but it will look similar just like AC4 unless you do a comparsion and see the difference which wasn't huge to begin with, just higher res, better textures here and there.

WD is made with last gen consles in mind, it has to be the same experince on all systems. or they would be ripping off ps3 and 360 owners who expect the same game.

When one version has higher resolution textures, new kinds of effects, higher precision effects, smoother geometric detail, higher quality shadows, higher quality texture filtering, higher display resolution, higher quality ambient occlusion, far less texture and geometry pop-in, better shaders, better reflections, better alpha effects/particle systems/volumetric fog, much denser foliage and better foliage quality, superior dynamically animated foliage and cloth, a more accurate lighting system and a smoother framerate I'd say that results in a pretty big difference.

Those are the same kinds of differences that separate any new gen game from last gen games.

Do you really think that if you took Killzone Shadow Fall and Infamous Second Son and reduced all of the graphical elements I listed above that they wouldn't be able to run on PS3? Of course they would. They could have easily had last gen and current gen versions of those games, but they are supposed to drive adoption of the PS4 instead.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 the_bi99man

@jsmoke03 said:

everyone is complaining about the e3 2013 was a downgrade....but everyone knewt he 2012 reveal trailer was running on pc.next gen consoles werent even announced yet. c mon guys, stop being like pricks

The fact that the 2012 trailer was running on PC doesn't matter, considering that, knowing Ubisoft's reputation, we are about 100% guaranteed that the final PC version will be downgraded just as much, even though a good PC could easily run it the way it originally looked. Ubisoft will chop it down so that even at max settings, it doesn't look like the original reveal, and doesn't even push high end hardware. They've done exactly that with... just about every game they've ever developed (yes, the PC versions).

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

There should be a requirement to say if the demo or any other promotional screenshot/video is running on PC and not console hardware. Running a demo on a PC to build up console player hype only to downgrade it months later needs to stop.