U4 is the only good looking game to come from E3 2015

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

From graphics to animations, realism and genuine entertaining action.... Uncharted 4 wins hands down, compared to anything else from E3......at least in MY opinion and most likely from many others. It is the only game i've seen so far that goes beyond just graphical and obvious upgrades, it goes that extra mile for REALISM, while maintaining a fluid gameplay experience.

Just look at Halo 5 and gears of war 4/remaster (ultimate edition)....Nothing sticks out from there predecessors, besides graphics! ......... and even Halo 5 looks like a remaster of Halo 4, from graphics to gameplay.

There is absolutely NO attempt at gameplay realism EVOLUTION From Microsoft games, Unlike Sony games....its quite funny.

As far as those complaining about Uncharted 4 being linear, it suppose to be that way...i couldn't picture Uncharted 4 being a tedious OPEN WORLD game, how would that even work, keeping in mind it being a story driven action adventure....without breaking that fast paced MOMENTUM, it would break the game. Besides, if it was open world, you would't nearly see those so called NEXT gen upgrades...due to the extra strain the system would take from it.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I thought Halo 5, Gears 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Cuphead, Fallout 4, and Uncharted 4 looked great. And yes Gears 4 and Halo 5 stuck out because Gears went back to its darker roots, and Halo 5 has 2 different playable stories with a squad of 4 at all times.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By soapandbubbles

@sts106mat said:

absolute bullshit. Tomb raider looked just as pretty as UC4 and both demos were super scripted linear sections on purpose. dont try and pretend they are different games, they are just not.

Halo 5 has just shown a huge evolution in a game mode called warzone. if you dont see how well that shit is going to play, then you are fucking deluded.

Concerning gameplay, Tomb raider doesn't even match Uncharted 4 in terms of gameplay, realism/animations.....Rise of the Tomb Raider looks just like the past one with better graphics.

As for Halo 5, i was talking about actual GAMEPLAY mechanics/animations....not game types, the game plays like Halo 4 in HD.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@sts106mat said:

absolute bullshit. Tomb raider looked just as pretty as UC4 and both demos were super scripted linear sections on purpose. dont try and pretend they are different games, they are just not.

Halo 5 has just shown a huge evolution in a game mode called warzone. if you dont see how well that shit is going to play, then you are fucking deluded.

you're out of your mind!

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soapandbubbles

@primorandomguy said:

I thought Halo 5, Gears 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Cuphead, Fallout 4, and Uncharted 4 looked great. And yes Gears 4 and Halo 5 stuck out because Gears went back to its darker roots, and Halo 5 has 2 different playable stories with a squad of 4 at all times.

Did you even see Gears of War remaster? Now with Color like gears 3.....that gritty darker original look as been destroyed from the first game.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@sts106mat said:

lol no

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

naughty dog is redeemed. they are doing things pc developers could only dream of.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@soapandbubbles: Ok? The overall atmosphere is the same. And what does the remaster have to do with it? The original is dark in color and atmosphere, Gears 4 is going back to that.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lglz1337

@sts106mat said:
@lglz1337 said:
@sts106mat said:

you're out of your mind!

and you are out of your field, go back to chewing the grass.

mad confirmed! dudebro fps fanboy

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By QuadKnight

@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:

lol no

ahhhhh, its UC2 all over again. if more colours on the screen = prettier to you, then yes, you are right and i am wrong.

You're literally the only person I've seen on the internet that thinks Tomb Raider looked more impressive than Uncharted 4.

TR was boring and uninspired with all those swinging between cutscenes and gameplay for no reason. Uncharted blew it away easily. It's like TR was trying to recreate the most boring sections of Uncharted 3 while ND was setting new standards with Uncharted 4. Nothing in TR compared even remotely to the car chase scene or the destructibility in U4.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lglz1337

@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:

lol no

ahhhhh, its UC2 all over again. if more colours on the screen = prettier to you, then yes, you are right and i am wrong.

You're literally the only person I've seen on the internet that thinks Tomb Raider looked more impressive than Uncharted 4.

TR was boring and uninspired with all those swinging between cutscenes and gameplay for no reason. Uncharted blew it away easily. It's like TR was trying to recreate the most boring sections of Uncharted 3 while ND was setting new standards with Uncharted 4. Nothing in TR compared even remotely to the car chase scene or the destructibility in U4.

physics, npc's, scope.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lglz1337

@m3dude1 said:

naughty dog is redeemed. they are doing things pc developers could only dream of.

true story!

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@lglz1337 said:
@m3dude1 said:

true story!

it was a lovely surprise. i had completely written this game off as any kind of showcase.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

@sts106mat said:

That's the silliest thing I have read all day. Tomb Raider looked pretty, yeah (those snow effects - wow!). But UC is graphically on a totally different level. It's not just about the colors as you pointed out in another post, it's... well, everything. Animations, lighting, the scale of it all. Linear? Did you even watch the gameplay of Uncharted? during the chase, the player had several options to go another route; I am sure that they only showed us one of of the possible paths to reach the tower.

I agree with the TC. Uncharted really did look flipping amazing.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By QuadKnight

@lglz1337 said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:

lol no

physics, npc's, scope.

Yea the physics npc's, and scope made TR look positively lastgen.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

How is Horizon not on this list? Tomb Raider didn't show anything noteworthy. It looked good, but it was basically a cutscene.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lglz1337

@quadknight said:
@lglz1337 said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:
@quadknight said:
@sts106mat said:

lol no

physics, npc's, scope.

Yea the physics npc's, and scope made TR look positively lastgen.

man this game will be godly

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Game looks really pretty

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sorry but Star Wars Battlefront wiped its ass with LockedCharted 4.

Honorable mentions: Gears of War 4 and Rise of Tomb Raider.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Poor TC, so many great games are from E3, like Start Wars Battlefront, Gears of War, Tomb Raider,....

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Horizon also looks insane. PS4 has by far better looking games. Xbone only tomb raider looked good but cant compare to UC4 Horizon ect. Gears 4 looked weak..

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

No way !

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soapandbubbles

@speedfog said:

Poor TC, so many great games are from E3, like Start Wars Battlefront, Gears of War, Tomb Raider,....

and what stood out from Gears of War? .......expecially Tomb Raider, lol? I am a huge Gears fan btw. All i'm saying is, Uncharted 4 just took a bigger step and improvement over other games.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

It looked really good. But the one that was leaps ahead is battlefront

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Uncharted had a much better showing than Tomb Raider. It looked ridiculous.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Battlefront > Horizon > Uncharted 4 >>>> Gears4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo V

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

The animation is tops.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

Another boring scripted setpiece with generic third person shooter gameplay.

Yeah no.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

Lets wait for the actual game, some of us remember the pre-rendered BS that was 'gameplay' from past E3's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Ya Unfarted looked way to good. Still hyped for both boobs raider and unfarted.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Entire E3??? Not so sure because there was The Division as well as Battlefront there too but other than those two games,,, yeah technically it was very impressive, probably the best, along with Horizon.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@sts106mat said:
@soapandbubbles said:
@speedfog said:

and what stood out from Gears of War? .......expecially Tomb Raider, lol? I am a huge Gears fan btw. All i'm saying is, Uncharted 4 just took a bigger step and improvement over other games.

expecially? hahaha

gears clearly was nowhere near ready, it has another 18months development to go. but was better than CGI trailer.

UC was a 2015 game, now early 2016, so why are you surprised one looks more impressive than the other at this stage?

You sound very upset that people find UC4 to be a better looking game than anything on the X1.

Why is that?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#38 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Uncharted looks the same just like Halo and Call of Duty. It's all uninspired and predictable. We've been down these roads before so many times that demos like we saw yesterday were just more of the same with more added flash. Not impressed.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
@sts106mat said:
@soapandbubbles said:
@speedfog said:

expecially? hahaha

gears clearly was nowhere near ready, it has another 18months development to go. but was better than CGI trailer.

UC was a 2015 game, now early 2016, so why are you surprised one looks more impressive than the other at this stage?

uncharted does look amazing but what i also noticed that this was a lot of cinematic gameplay. The city looks pretty big but it's not like this is open world gameplay. You work your way down the city , shooting down hostile npc's while escaping a non destructible enemy.

What i notice in a lot of games lately is ( and i never thought i would say this because i was a cryis 1 fan for ages) is that graphics are far from eerything. I'm a lot more excited for a game like fallout and it doesn't look half as good as uncharted or tomb raider for that matter.

For some people this will be a great game but I for one don't like games like the last of us and i think wouldn't like uncharted either. The cinematic shooter is something I pretty much buried with halflife 2, I need a lot more than that now. This is 2015 not 2005. Heck even halflife 2 only made it stand out because of it's groundbreaking physics.

What these games miss is excellent sneaking mechanics. Imo the ai wasn't good enough in the last of us and in some cases can't even match halflife 1 from 1998. It simply ruins the immersion and the cinematic gameplay doesn't help, if feels scripted and games like that put me off. It's probably going to be the same with tomb raider as well though, most games nowadays seem to have that problem. t's simply flash over substance but heck if it keeps on selling why not, there has to be something for everyone

And if you want to talk graphics only , tomb raider and gears do look amazing as well. But indeed uncharted does look more impressive but this has more to do with the setting than with technical prowess. Uncharted, tomb raider, star wars , gears of war 4 and a lot of other games do show what the overall quality will be like this gen.

But TC is right, uncharted 4 is the best looking game of E3 so far, even as a lemming, I gotta give him that.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#41 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Meh. I've never been a fan of games that rely on flash over substance.

Funny how a game called Uncharted can be so incredibly linear.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sollet

@sts106mat said:
@Sollet said:
@sts106mat said:
@soapandbubbles said:
@speedfog said:

expecially? hahaha

You sound very upset that people find UC4 to be a better looking game than anything on the X1.

Why is that?

not sure where you get that I am "very upset" from those facts that i posted.

are you looking for an argument or something?

Not really just curious, you sound very defensive for no apparent reason.

IMO I found Horizon better looking than UC4 but that's me.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sollet

@sts106mat said:
@Sollet said:
@sts106mat said:
@Sollet said:
@sts106mat said:
@soapandbubbles said:
@speedfog said:

expecially? hahaha

Why is that?

not sure where you get that I am "very upset" from those facts that i posted.

are you looking for an argument or something?

Not really just curious, you sound very defensive for no apparent reason.

IMO I found Horizon better looking than UC4 but that's me.

UC4 was announced years ago and delayed from this year until next, Gears 4 was announced yesterday and we saw some gameplay of the game which is a minimum of 18months away. If it'd have been a CGI trailer, it'd be getting called out as such.

what exactly did i say in the post that you quoted which makes me "sound very upset", please highlight it for me.

The way you are expressing yourself comes of as very defensive and I guess upset. That's all.

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

Horizon looked incredible. Game of E3 alongside Uncharted 4.

Battlefront was up there as well. Fantastic showing of games for Sony this E3.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Ah yes with that 30fps goodness.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Star Wars Battlefront was the best looking game graphics wise...

Fallout 4 was the best looking game of E3.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Was the game play real time last night with someone control the car or it was a cut scene type of thing?