U4: in-engine, in-game, in real-time, single PS4, 1080p60

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

TRAILER:

GAMEPLAY:

lock this thread!!!

If this thread needs to be locked then your "New thread" button should be as well.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

Sony/ND done it again and you guys fell for it.

No doubt it will be a great game with great graphics, but this thread should be book marked ready for the downgrade.

Don't get your hopes up guys. Clever play on words. If you think your going to be controlling a character looking this good you should think again.

thegamer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#153 thegamer00
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

So many cows are so gullible makes my head hurt.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#154  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I haven't used this in years lol. Sure they're prob going to down grade the graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

It's not going to end up looking like that.

Avatar image for Sharp-Shooter89
Sharp-Shooter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Sharp-Shooter89
Member since 2012 • 128 Posts

This is why you do not believe trailers shown at E3, rekt

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@SAGE_OF_FIRE said:

It's not going to end up looking like that.

Everybody said the same thing about infamous 2nd son we know how that turned out

No way they said it's a open world game. Now people doubt Naughty Gods??

Sheep lmao Xbots Ryse who LMFAO it's Sony bitch bow down to the Naughty Gods.

Oh shit I think I caught the Naughty Gods spirit !!!

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

TRAILER:

GAMEPLAY:

lock this thread!!!

Looks the same if you ask me(apart from the obvious anti-aliasing on the first pic) just different lighting.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

hermits and lemmings on a massive meltdown!

they can't stand the fact that this trailer was in-engine, in-game, in real-time on a single PS4 @1080p60fps!

"Our U4 trailer is an in engine REAL GAME LEVEL running on a REAL PS4,Paolo.Our trailer doesn't look good enough to be prerender CGI!

https://twitter.com/Corrinne/status/476888680376717312

soak it up and cry!

best programmer in the world slaying hermits and lemmings!

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Not hard to believe that a Sony studio who make the gorgeous Uncharted 1 2 and 3 can do that with 4. People stop hating, just learn to accept greatness when you see it.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By happyduds77

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

This is why you do not believe trailers shown at E3, rekt

And this is why you should.

E3

Final game

Try harder next time.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

hermits and lemmings on a massive meltdown!

they can't stand the fact that this trailer was in-engine, in-game, in real-time on a single PS4 @1080p60fps!

soak it up and cry!

Hey I am a hermit and I have a ps4 I give credit where its due. Naughty Gods are one if not the best devs around. They are one of the reasons I bought a ps4 before any games came out because I know that Sony was going to bring it.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@misterpmedia said:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-uncharted-4-star-thinks-its-the-last-one

Yep called it

Well "end" is in the bloody title of the game and they reference it a lot in the narration of the trailer. Hardly a difficult assumption to make

hey hey hey.....this is video games we're referring too. Who really knows for sure. ;)

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By lglz1337

cut-scene:

in-game:

cutscene:

in-game:

cutscene:

im-game:

lemmings and hermits cry more!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Graphics are everything right?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 lglz1337
@clyde46 said:

for lemmings and hermits not anymore

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

All I saw was what we already knew.....we all knew it was in-engine. Your title says in-game but I didn't read that. They are 2 different things, no?

we weren't sure if it was real-time, even I thought it was pre-rendered. It's not.

@thegamer00 said:

Still not real time just like the last of us. Try again.

Try reading the OP again because you type nonsense lol.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony has lied so much, especially about resolution, so it is no wonder that people are cautious. I'll wait and see.

Is this the game that makes me buy a PS4???!!

Examples? Oh wait I know what you're gonna say: Guerrilla with their temporal reprojection which technically is 1080p...just not every other frame, and I'm guessing watch dogs? When a dev from Ubisoft actually informed PlayStation Germany that the game would be 1080p60fps or something? Ubisoft's fault I believe. Try again :P

@Evo_nine said:

Wow so much power in the ps4 yet it needs a pc to run batman.

Killzone 2 all over again confirmed

More damage control. Nothing of substance in it either. Clever girl.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

TRAILER:

GAMEPLAY:

lock this thread!!!

I don't think you just proved what you think you just proved. Hahahaha Try again freedomfreelem and go back to playing your kinectflop game.

@wolverine4262 said:

@misterpmedia:

You forgot in the forest in your topic title.

and on earth and within the universe too? :P

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By misterpmedia

@tdkmillsy said:

No doubt it will be a great game with great graphics, but this thread should be book marked ready for the downgrade.

Don't get your hopes up guys. Clever play on words. If you think your going to be controlling a character looking this good you should think again.

When lems can't tell the difference between lighting, scene changes and a downgrade then I question their ability to judge IQ in the general. They have been ruined by offset RBG and horribly crushing of blacks and over sharpening. It happened with Infamous and The Order, and lems got burned both times when there was no downgrade in sight. Looking forward to inevitable cry of the downgrade and then find out that there isn't one. Bookmarking this thread simply on that alone. :P

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#171 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

U4 trailer 720p60fps modern computer needed.

Definitely in engine and eurogamer says it definitely looks like it could be running in real time. Either way looks great and ND usually delivers when it comes to graphics and performance.

Do they?

Remember UC3 desert E3 demo? I remember SW being full of 60FPS AWESOME GRAPHICS. The end was 30 or less and full of jaggies.

Also The Last of Us was downgraded compared to E3.

I'm not saying that they won't deliver it to us like that. I'm just saying be realistic, what if they do this again.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#172 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Depends on which thread you're posting in. :P

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@daious: @daious: I really do love you guys, but no I don't own all consoles.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@tdkmillsy said:

When lems can't tell the difference between lighting, scene changes and a downgrade then I question their ability to judge IQ in the general. They have been ruined by offset RBG and horribly crushing of blacks and over sharpening. It happened with Infamous and The Order, and lems got burned both times when there was no downgrade in sight. Looking forward to inevitable cry of the downgrade and then find out that there isn't one. Bookmarking this thread simply on that alone. :P

There is plenty of evidence on all consoles that E3 brief videos don't equal final result. Time will tell I suppose, but let me ask if you where forced into betting your house on it where would you bet right now??

Game will play the same or better as the video shows

Game will play with some sort of downgrade to the video. The in engine cut scene may stay the same but actual playing character will be different.

We all know which you would pick.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Lol, believe when i see it.

Also calling it. If it tries to pull those visuals at 1080p, no way it's hitting 60fps. They're targetting it.

The Order 1886 is the perfect comparision. The details on the characters are superb, and the general graphics are great too. Then you realize that in order to achieve it they had to fill the game with fog and/or darkness, make the areas extremely small (havent' seen a single open ended area yet) and it runs at 30fps.

displayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By displayy
Member since 2014 • 31 Posts

I don't know what naughty dog team can really achieve on the PS4...But what i do know , is that they were the only devs on the market who were able to achieve those visuals on previous gen consoles.

IN 2009...

Loading Video...

Then , in 2013....(still on PS3)

Loading Video...

Keep in mind , this was running on a console released back in 2006....

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I'm sure it'll look amazing but I also expect they gave the trailer a pretty dress and some makeup before showing it ;)

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#178  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Its naughty dog.. i believe. Even to this day im impressed with UC3 desert gameplay. I cant believe i played that on my PS3. Split 512mb ram and underpowered geforce 7800... a PC with these specs cant even dream of running UC3.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows fall for this crap every generation. I remember having to listen and look at 5 years of Gran Turismo 5 CGI trailers when they were supposed to be "in game".

displayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 displayy

@KillzoneSnake said:

Its naughty dog.. i believe. Even to this day im impressed with UC3 desert gameplay. I cant believe i played that on my PS3. Split 512mb ram and underpowered geforce 7800... a PC with these specs cant even dream of running UC3.

That's the thing....Who knows how they do it...But considering what they were working with....It's very impressive.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Dat capture.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@CyberLips said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

why is this so incredulous?

it's not that hard to believe. look at what's happening, look at what's actually in the scene and the type of things that are happening.

that's not in game, that's a 'scripted' animation occurring in engine. look at what's on the screen, there's a few elements there but in terms of screen space it's mostly the model of his human head. now crudely, in your own brain just have a think - compare that workload to a 64 player game of battlefield 4.

doesn't it make sense that the ps4 could render that model, and those effects, that overall level of detail - in what's essentially a 3D animation? After all, that's not a dynamic scene where another player could fire a missle at Drake's face, that's basically a cutscene but taking place in a 3d game engine.

i bet you now, in real time gameplay, if you do the old trick of walking up close to a wall such that the camera positions with a very close view of drake's head/face, i bet you that in game - his face will look excellent (no homo). the technology is available to have a model that detailed, and to dynamically adjust the level of detail on things such as camera proximity to the model.

i'm mostly interested in the overall performance of 'gameplay'. wandering through the scene, shooting objects within the scene, observing the enemy movements, animations etc. here you've been presented with a 3d animation produced within a game engine.

You're using a lot of big words that i don't understand.

The weirdly out of place and juvenile "no homo" part specifically?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

@misterpmedia said:

@melonfarmerz said:

If you're gonna copy an entire thread that someone worked hard on from NeoGaf, at least give credit man

Still have a hard time believing it can look like that, be 60fps, and 1080p. Either there's been huge sacrifices made somewhere, or Naughty Dog devs are literally wizards.

Copying and pasting is working hard now? Wat. I get most of the stuff I make topics about from GAF and this is a first about giving credit.

The fact that someone searched the internet for tweets, articles, screen shots, and videos deserves at least a "(taken from NeoGaf user X)". Someone spent 20 minutes on it and you just copy pasted it from them without any mention. It's essentially taking credit for their work.

Whatever though

Its what no talent ass hats do on the web these days.

Cows here are just parasites that ride on the backs of superior SonyGaf posters.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

PS3 also had a CPU which could handle GPU tasks so the CPU boosted the performance on the GPU side by a bit.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

naughty gods making lems cry again xD

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#186  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Both The Order 1886 and Uncharted were made, with not having to even add a video Editor in the game, Cutscene to Gameplay is seamless and will not upgrade or downgrade the graphics, so all these third party companies who are turning out pance visuals, yes you Ubisoft are doing something wrong, I mean even GTA 5 remastered looks 10 times better than watchdogs.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@MlauTheDaft said:

The weirdly out of place and juvenile "no homo" part specifically?

100% deliberate

displayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By displayy

@bezza2011 said:

Both The Order 1886 and Uncharted were made, with not having to even add a video Editor in the game, Cutscene to Gameplay is seamless and will not upgrade or downgrade the graphics, so all these third party companies who are turning out pance visuals, yes you Ubisoft are doing something wrong, I mean even GTA 5 remastered looks 10 times better than watchdogs.

They had no excuses for what they did to watch dogs...Can't blame it on the limitations of the PS4/Xbone...Since this one open world also looked way better...

Loading Video...

Can't be the number of A.I on the screen , since they were able to achieve this....

Loading Video...

So watch dogs was probably downgraded because it was a cross-gen.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

People fear what they don't understand OP. All those CGI accusations are natural responses. People thought The Graphics God was only a legend. Till now. You have to give them time. Time to grow accustomed to this extraordinary event!

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 bezza2011

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin: I did read it. Just because it's generated in engine or for the game does not mean that is what it will look like during actual gameplay.

Corrinne even confirmed that it's in a level and that's how it looks, how can you not even believe a programmer who is working on the game, and it's naughty dog they are pretty straight to the point when it comes to things, if she says it's that good in game then i believe the creator.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 happyduds77

Remember the days when people said The Order 1886 e3 2013 trailer was CG?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By lglz1337

can't believe people hating on this, is this not what we all want in our games ?

those that are no believers never played uncharted and TLOU, and if they say they did they lie!

ND is no joke!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By misterpmedia

@tdkmillsy said:

There is plenty of evidence on all consoles that E3 brief videos don't equal final result. Time will tell I suppose, but let me ask if you where forced into betting your house on it where would you bet right now??

Game will play the same or better as the video shows

Game will play with some sort of downgrade to the video. The in engine cut scene may stay the same but actual playing character will be different.

We all know which you would pick.

And we all know which one you'd pick, so what now? I'll take a crow bet for sure but if anyone asked me to bet my house on anything I would tell them to **** right off because I'm not an idiot.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

Remember when the Order wasn't covered in fog and darkness in every video? Oh wait.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 misterpmedia

@kuu2 said:

Its what no talent ass hats do on the web these days.

Cows here are just parasites that ride on the backs of superior SonyGaf posters.

Some irrelevant nonsense website politics from yours truly lol.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 lglz1337

@deadline-zero0: rendering fog with 4xmsaa is pretty impressive!

displayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By displayy

@happyduds77 said:

Yep...Many people were convinced the trailer was pure BS... But then.....

Loading Video...

Maybe people are just too used to previous gen graphics...Maybe they haven't made the transition in their mind.

And yet as good as The Order 1886 looks...I'm sure the guys at naughty dog will find a way to surpass it.

I mean these are the type of visuals they were able to pull off on uncharted 3 !...on a console released in 2006 !

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 bezza2011

@displayy: You know the best thing I'm looking forward to really is, as this is the last Uncharted, I really wanna know what the next new IP will be.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

A trailer running at 60fps ? No way !

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

You'd think cows would know not to fall for this by now after the huge bashing they gave Halo 3 after its 'in engine' reveal trailer.