U4 Developer Explains Differences - E3 Trailer and Gameplay

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

Following the reveal of the gameplay of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End at PlayStation Experience, Naughty Dog 3D Environment Artist Anthony Vaccaro had some interesting insight to share about the demo and more on the Polycount Forums and on Twitter.

First of all, he teased a bit on the levels we still haven’t seen, and explained how those are built.

Looking at just the designer blockmesh of some of these Uncharted 4 levels. Man, people are gonna lose their shit when they see these : D

We don’t have an “engine” like UE4. We just build everything in Maya. For AI/Enemy pathing we have a separate program.

For those unfamiliar with the term, block mesh builds are simplified renderings of a level built with only the most basic geometrical elements made in order to study and refine the layout.

Vaccaro also mentioned that there are a few developers behind the demo that are part of a wave of New Blood at Naughty Dog:

Brian Recktenwald and Andrew Maximov (both fucking awesomely talented dudes!) are the only new additions to the art team who worked on this demo and didn’t work on any previous Naughty Dog games.

Everyone else has worked on previous Uncharted games, The Last of Us or both! Although Brian started here before TLOU was finished so I wouldn’t say he is “new”.

Super proud and inspired by the team that made this demo. They fucking killed it.

He later added more information on the character art side:

I realized I was only talking about the Environment/Lighting team. I think almost everyone character art side who worked on this demo is new to ND. Ryan our character TD is not new though.

Vaccaro also commented on those that would have wanted to see a completely different kind of gameplay from Uncharted 4:

Uncharted is a Action/Adventure game and is made for people who enjoy those types of games. If thats not your thing, or if you feel you want a different game there are plenty out there for you.

The indie scene is the best place for unique gameplay experiences that are different from the big AAA titles.

If you are looking for different experiences try out Portal, Gone Home, The Stanley Parable, OctoDad, Journey, Flower, Unfinished Swan. The list goes on and on. There are tons of games out there for you if you are over the AAA style games. We are not making those games though, we are making the best Action/Adventure game we can and the best Uncharted game in the series. So much more awesomeness to come.

He then continued by explaining why Naughty Dog is balancing the core gameplay of the series with some new elements:

First lets all remember this is just but a small demo of all the cool new stuff for Uncharted and there was already a lot of new mechanics in there. The rope, stealth grass, pitons in the rock.

When you are dealing with any franchise game you must balance keeping the core mechanics of the game intact while adding new features that benefit those core principals. Changing things so drastically takes away from what the original game is and in a sense, makes it a different game entirely. Which is not what you want to do.

You don’t want to alienate your fan base that loves the game for what it is by drastically changing things just because your on a new console or because your a squeal. But you also don’t want to have the exact same game that would be stale for those players.

Its a balancing act of adding new features that add and enhance the core experience of the game while still maintaining those original core concepts. If you change things too much you might as well make a different game, which we did. It was called The Last of Us

Finally, he tackled the controversy about the differences between the E3 trailer and the gameplay demo, explaining quite clearly what many seem not to understand, referring to a particular (and rather trollish) comparison image:

Here are just a couple of things about those comparison shots.

1.Time of day is different in both. – Our first trailer is at night, moonlight. Our gameplay demo is early morning. So the moonlight is slightly over exaggerated to give more contrast to give it that night feeling but enough light so you can see whats going on. Dawn is not a time of day where you have a lot of contrast.

2. His face is so spec-y [editor’s note: specular] in the first image! – Have you seen the trailer? He literally just gets up out of water so his face/chest/shirt are wet and have a high sheen. Bottom one he is not wet so of course he looks dry.

3. Trailers are Art Directed for every frame – A trailer is not gameplay so we have the ability to do a lot of art direction in that shot, that could otherwise hamper gameplay. It allows us to give a lot more emotion to a trailer.

Incidentally, Rockstar North Principal Lighting Artist Owen Shepherd (who is one of the main men behind Grand Theft Auto V‘s lighting tech) also chimed in, defending Naughty Dog’s work and further elaborating on the reasons behind the differences:

There’s a difference in what you can do for a trailer and actual in game, not in respect to technology but in terms of art direction.

For example, you have a dynamic exposure system, you tend to have to be conservative for in game to avoid players not being able to see, this will then mean that your cutscenes need to be consistent with the game, so you tend not to have as much deep shadowing and less contrast.

You don’t have these issues with a trailer that’s viewed in its own bubble.

Having said that, the image above looks like its in the wrong colour space giving it the washed out look that i didn’t see when viewing the trailer in some video players.

I honestly think you could get 90% similar images in similar lighting conditions.

I think it looks great, looking forward to playing the shit out of it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61427 Posts

I can't get into the technicalities of game development, but there is a notable difference between reveal, and the most current trailer. I don't doubt that it won't hold up to the reveal, but I still think the game will be and look excellent (more UC2).

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

"A trailer is not gameplay so we have the ability to do a lot of art direction in that shot, that could otherwise hamper gameplay. It allows us to give a lot more emotion to a trailer."

Trailers can contain gameplay in them, i don't understand this...also, why didn't they say that it was a cutscene running off a PS4. People get all sorts of ideas and opinions on such footage...they should've expected the negative feedback concerning downgrades, etc. SONY are well know with such TRAILER. No doubt U4 will look amazing come final launch.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

I said it, different time of day, wet face etc

BUT digital foundry of lemmings and lems and haters everywhere ignore such things when it comes to a PS4 game lol. Butthurt is strong

We ALL know the game will deliver on all fronts. The hate is always like this before the massive self-ownage

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61427 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

I said it, different time of day, wet face etc

BUT digital foundry of lemmings and lems and haters everywhere ignore such things when it comes to a PS4 game lol. Butthurt is strong

We ALL know the game will deliver on all fronts. The hate is always like this before the massive self-ownage

Can you quote where you said that? Out of interest.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

LOL. More dev PR spin BULLSHIT for a PS game. News at 11

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Why the **** is there such a "controversy" over the discrepancy between the cutscene trailer and gameplay footage, holy shit

Naughty Dog pre-renders their cutscenes using the game engine for all their games, ever since Uncharted 1. Gameplay never looks as good as the cutscenes. They're doing the same thing for Uncharted 4.

If you were told by idiot Cows that Uncharted 4's reveal trailer was evidence of what gameplay would look like you were misled. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with ND doing this for cutscenes, it certainly lends them much more fidelity and cinematic freedom. But if you don't understand that ND's cutscenes never, ever resemble gameplay footage and are acting shocked that there's a discrepancy between the reveal trailer and the footage shown at the PSX event you haven't got a clue

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

That word play is like a pimp talking to his hoes............they are not the same no way fashion, shape, or form. The gameplay will never get to that Teaser fidelity or will it get to 60fps. That demo looked good yes....but nothing to gush over ......yet

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

Naughty Dog pre-renders their cutscenes using the game engine for all their games, ever since Uncharted 1. Gameplay never looks as good as the cutscenes. They're doing the same thing for Uncharted 4.

Wrong. They said time and time again the cutscenes are rendered in real-time and that the detail from the cutscenes will equally transfer to gameplay.

I'm not sure that's true though, sounds way too good to be true, but that is what they said.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Wrong. They said time and time again the cutscenes are rendered in real-time and that the detail from the cutscenes will equally transfer to gameplay.

I'm not sure that's true though, sounds way too good to be true, but that is what they said.

Well, then they're not being truthful. There was less of a discrepancy between cutscenes and gameplay this time around but it was still very noticeable.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By happyduds77

@princeofshapeir said:

@happyduds77 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Well, then they're not being truthful. There was less of a discrepancy between cutscenes and gameplay this time around but it was still very noticeable.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the PSX demo the intro cutscene seamlessly transited to gameplay, the camera just zoomed out of Drake with no visible drop in quality. In the previous installments and The Last Of Us there's always a black screen that appears for a very short duration before the pre-rendred cutscene start to play.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Well the demo looked great... we have seen 1 location and surely ND will keep not unveil too much and spoil the fun for us gamers..

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

wish they skipped UC4 and gave us TLOU2 or a brand new franchise

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Driveclub at launch: It looks alright

Driveclub with rain patch: OMG best looking game ever next gen is here!!!

Its the same exact same game with different effects but look at the changes in reaction. Same thing with Uncharted 4.

tonyleo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tonyleo01
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@happyduds77 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the PSX demo the intro cutscene seamlessly transited to gameplay, the camera just zoomed out of Drake with no visible drop in quality. In the previous installments and The Last Of Us it would show a black screen for a very short duration before the pre-rendred cutscene start to play.

The trailer could be rendered in real-time. But based on what Vaccaro's saying, they might just block the shot of the E3 trailer where the rest of the level doesn't exist. If they do that, the assets used in the E3 trailer could technically be the same as the one from the 15mins gameplay trailer but with higher LoD. Also if they don't stream the rest of the level, they also could afford to have more expensive post-processing effects and shaders.

Just a common sense so I might be wrong, but there's no denying that the E3 trailer looks much much better than this 15 mins one.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

No word on 1080p60?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@PAL360 said:

No word on 1080p60?

It's going to be 1080p, obviously. But the PSX demo was running at 30fps. Whether or not the final game will be 60 or 30, is unkown.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 happyduds77

@tonyleo01: As of now it's becoming a wait-and-see game, the footage that are available are not enough to give us a clear conclusion.

And about the E3 trailer looking better, yes it looks better in a sense that wet objects with direct lighting look better than dry objects with a washed-out lighting. The whole 'lighting' explanation makes sense, at least to me, the outro cutscene had a strong lighting and it looks noticeably better than the intro cutscene even though it's the same character model. And I'm thinking this could be the case with the E3 trailer too. Also keep in mind that the camera was zoomed in right in front of his face to show off all the minor details, just like his hands in the demo, when it was further out it doesn't look all that impressive but when the camera zoomed in, you can see all the tiny little details that were lost when it was zoomed out and it looks like the best looking hand ever crafted in a video game. But this is just what I believe, it might or might not be true.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@PAL360 said:

No word on 1080p60?

It's going to be 1080p, obviously. But the PSX demo was running at 30fps. Whether or not the final game will be 60 or 30, is unkown.

I know it's 1080p, and i'm glad most PS4 games are. I'm just wondering why did they explain the supposed visual downgrade, but not the transition from 60 to 30fps?!

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@princeofshapeir: Except they are not pre rendering it in UC4.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

And the DC begins...

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm glad to see that they basically told those wanting a new gameplay experience to **** off. He's right that if you change too much of the game, you basically have a different game.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@Telekill said:

I'm glad to see that they basically told those wanting a new gameplay experience to **** off. He's right that if you change too much of the game, you basically have a different game.

In other words....they just admitted gameplay isn't their forte. :D Press 'X' to win FTW.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Telekill said:

Gameplay was never UC's strong point....

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@clyde46: I've always liked it. That's what matters to me. Like the dev said, if you don't like it, play something else.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Telekill said:

@clyde46: I've always liked it. That's what matters to me. Like the dev said, if you don't like it, play something else.

Never said you didn't. Don't get your panties in a knot...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Makes sense. Modern lighting makes or breaks a game and can make scenes look incredibly different.

Just look at vanilla Crysis vs. modded Crysis. The majority of the "mod" was actually changes to the level's XML settings that dictated lighting. Just by tweaking the lighting values they were able to make the game look far better.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9840 Posts

Bla, bla, bla, they brushed up the E3 demo, so it looks better than the game actually does.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

I like that they had the balls to flat up say "This is Uncharted, we are making an Uncharted game and if you don't like that this isn't the game for you" rather than giving a wishy-washy answer about trying to appeal to everyone. Really enjoying the candidness of developers.

Also that point on not being able to see well in games. I hear that. Many games these days are packed with so many details and effects it's harder than it should be to scan-read the environment. I was recently playing both Halo: CE and Tomb Raider: DE. The former is pretty spartan with details making it more readily intelligible, whereas the latter is considerably more atmosphere but a bit of tricky to play without relying on some kind of visual filter. In fact most games these days almost require some kind of "hunter-vision" or for things to glow brightly against the backdrop.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

no no no don't tell this to SW, they are different developers especially lems

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@happyduds77 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the PSX demo the intro cutscene seamlessly transited to gameplay, the camera just zoomed out of Drake with no visible drop in quality. In the previous installments and The Last Of Us there's always a black screen that appears for a very short duration before the pre-rendred cutscene start to play.

the level of stupid...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@silversix_ said:

wish they skipped UC4 and gave us TLOU2 or a brand new franchise

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@soapandbubbles said:

1.Time of day is different in both. – Our first trailer is at night, moonlight. Our gameplay demo is early morning. So the moonlight is slightly over exaggerated to give more contrast to give it that night feeling but enough light so you can see whats going on. Dawn is not a time of day where you have a lot of contrast.

2. His face is so spec-y [editor’s note: specular] in the first image! – Have you seen the trailer? He literally just gets up out of water so his face/chest/shirt are wet and have a high sheen. Bottom one he is not wet so of course he looks dry.

3. Trailers are Art Directed for every frame – A trailer is not gameplay so we have the ability to do a lot of art direction in that shot, that could otherwise hamper gameplay. It allows us to give a lot more emotion to a trailer.

and naughtygods just confirm what everyone with a brain already knew. the damage control from lems/turd race was hilarious though

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I LOVE Naughty Dog's stance on Uncharted 4. If you are a fan of the series, you are going to love U4! It will be awesome.

If you are not a fan of the games, then go away and play something else. Quit complaining. And I agree with him. I absolutely cannot stand the haters. The Uncharted games have awesome gameplay and awesome shooting. They are super fun to play. They don't have "mediocre" shooting. God I hate that word.

Only fanboys use the word "mediocre" to describe games.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#35 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I LOVE Naughty Dog's stance on Uncharted 4. If you are a fan of the series, you are going to love U4! It will be awesome.

If you are not a fan of the games, then go away and play something else. Quit complaining. And I agree with him. I absolutely cannot stand the haters. The Uncharted games have awesome gameplay and awesome shooting. They are super fun to play. They don't have "mediocre" shooting. God I hate that word.

Only fanboys use the word "mediocre" to describe games.

Uncharted has mediocre gameplay though.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zeeshanhaider

Just loved their reply. Remind me of Ubisoft's response after the Watch_Dogs debacle.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

The game still looked phenomenal and I feel like it will only improve upon release.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

One week on and lems are still buttblasted over the game that buries their shit lineup. I feel sorry for them. LOL not really.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts
Loading Video...

here we go ahead...more Sony pr BS, smh.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

Game is shaping up for me. An easy day 1 CE buy.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Just loved their reply. Remind me of Ubisoft's response after the Watch_Dogs debacle.

Watch Dogs showed gameplay and the direct comparison at release of the same scene was downgraded. In this case, it seems that UC4 simply has lackluster geometry in places. That's ND's own shitty fault for aiming for 60fps on 900pStation with it's tablet CPU and a GPU barely matching a 570 from 2010. What can I say though? Even Naughty GODS have their limits ;)

I love how they say the exact things I said about this downgrade debacle lol..

I think he read my posts kek. Time of day is diff, trailer had direct moonlight specular to aid the asthetic, etc etc. But hey, I conclude that UC4 isn't the best looking game I've seen any way like cows suggested. The Order looks a leauge ahead, as does DriveClub.

Downgrade is the wrong term. Time will tell. It was a GAMEPLAY presentation of a game that is almost a year away from release, and was said to be alpha footage. Now you can simply call out Naughty Dog or take them at their word. I'm on your side as far as lighting is concerned, though. People must be blind because a few of the ps4 games have this layer over them that really sets them apart. The weather really affects this. Everything is still there regardless, but things like rain accentuate the effects. However, things like the hair look completely different--as if it was a place holder. It almost looks TOO LOW QUALITY which is why I tend to believe the "alpha build" statement.

People read resolution as the defacto next gen effect. It isn't. Lighting and transparencies are what really add that next gen luster to the image.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

All i got here HUR DUR DIFFIRENT TIME OF DAY DIFFIRENT ASSETS and HUR DUR WE CANT INNOVATE ITS TOO DANGEROUS.

So they just pulled the "it was a cutscene we lied" card despite sony insisting on showing cutscenes as they are actual gameplay footage and mislead people and they stole idea from tomb raider...which is basicly what uncharted does and said "We cant innovate"

Make a new ip.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Heirren said:

Downgrade is the wrong term. Time will tell. It was a GAMEPLAY presentation of a game that is almost a year away from release, and was said to be alpha footage. Now you can simply call out Naughty Dog or take them at their word. I'm on your side as far as lighting is concerned, though. People must be blind because a few of the ps4 games have this layer over them that really sets them apart. The weather really affects this. Everything is still there regardless, but things like rain accentuate the effects. However, things like the hair look completely different--as if it was a place holder. It almost looks TOO LOW QUALITY which is why I tend to believe the "alpha build" statement.

People read resolution as the defacto next gen effect. It isn't. Lighting and transparencies are what really add that next gen luster to the image.

Resolution has been 1080p or above since 2004. Way back in the early 2000's, I knew someone with a 2560x1600 monitor for his PC. It could run things liek Half Life 1 in that resolution too. And PC gamers like to think 1440p is the new standard. Resolution doesn't really define much. Running Half Life 2 in 4K =/= better graphics than any PS4 game.

The hair was downgraded. At least in the beginning shot. At the end cutscene though, quite frankly, it looks top notch and just like the trailer. The animations are fluid as ****, and the skin detail on Sam is every bit as good as the E3 trailer. I think this downgrade debacle will make ND focus on getting at least the scene of the E3 trailer looking as good at release in real time. They can definately improve on the hair shader. Again, they probably will given the troll shots posted on the internet. Game devs probably secretly loathe gamers you know.

The focus that the community has on graphics is almost sickening. Gameplay has taken a complete backseat. I'm not talking about Uncharted, but just in general. I bought GTA5 and as of now I'm sort of baffled at the good press it recieved. It feels more like a "check out this sweet open world engine" vs being an actual game. Playing all these super slick bug free 60fps gameplay centric wiiu games really pushes nintendos point about how visuals don't matter much. Dont get me wrong I dig nice visuals, but at the same time I feel more involved in wiiu games that provide a really good control to player connection. The gameplay of uncharted seemed to stress this more than visuals which is why I think it will turn out great.

....I also thought Uncharted 3 recieved unwarranted flack from the gaming community--thought the tone of that game was excellent. The one area I always felt Naughty Dog could improve on was incorporating the climbing aspect of Uncharted into the actual shooting a little better. Uncharted 4 seems to be doing just that.

...............off topic but lol at those Driveclub vs pc racer screens. Holy sht.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 zeeshanhaider

@Heirren said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Watch Dogs showed gameplay and the direct comparison at release of the same scene was downgraded. In this case, it seems that UC4 simply has lackluster geometry in places. That's ND's own shitty fault for aiming for 60fps on 900pStation with it's tablet CPU and a GPU barely matching a 570 from 2010. What can I say though? Even Naughty GODS have their limits ;)

I love how they say the exact things I said about this downgrade debacle lol..

I think he read my posts kek. Time of day is diff, trailer had direct moonlight specular to aid the asthetic, etc etc. But hey, I conclude that UC4 isn't the best looking game I've seen any way like cows suggested. The Order looks a leauge ahead, as does DriveClub.

The last time cows used the pre-alpha excuse for crapzone. It actually got downgraded. Let's face it. Gameplay trailers at these kind of events are never the work in progress or lacks anything. If it was in such a state it would have been should behind closed doors. The only reason to publicly showcase it is to build hype. Pre-alpha is just an excuse. That section was feature complete and won't improve. If anything it will be downgraded, period.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:
Loading Video...

here we go ahead...more Sony pr BS, smh.

Loading Video...

so where the downgrade at?? lmao. love how lems self own themselves