Type of Cloud Gaming you prefer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

1-Games only playable on cloud and you never own any games, only pay flat fee for a predetermined "x amount" of games, and although you don't own them, you could install a few on PS4 to play natively.

2-Games only playable on cloud and you pay full price per game, or rental fee per game.

3-Games are purchasable individually and playable on cloud or natively on Win10/Xbox or Steam, meaning you'd have traditional digital game ownership with cloud option for the games.

4-Mix of the above?

I think Xbox's xCloud will offer best solution, if you own the digital games and can install natively on a Xbox or play on xCloud anywhere else just like the Play Anywhere they already got. I'm sure Google might offer ownership, but the gaping hole I see, is that they are only playable on the cloud and don't want to buy a game just to play on cloud only. They'd need to do what PS Now does and let you install 4-5 games, but lame part with PS Now you don't own those games and unusable if you unsubscribe. I doubt Google is gonna let you install on anything but PC, and to do that they'd need their own uPlay/Origin store. At that point I rather Valve do an in browser cloud for all Steam games, than invest in some new store. Hence I rather see Google do a fee for "x amount" of games like PS Now.

Currently Forza Horizon 4 is purchasable digitally on Xbox or Win10 store, and with Play Anywhere you can buy on either and play on either. I would hope xCloud would do something similar with the Xbox. So you could buy FH4 on xCloud and just play on the xCloud app, but you'd have the option to go home and install on your Xbox. Although I doubt every last game in store does that, but anything already Play Anywhere I'm sure it would, and not just on Xbox but PC as well. We've seen the server racks so they could offer everything in store on xCloud, I just doubt they will, and if they do I can't imagine them not being play anywhere with Xbox. Like owning a xCloud copy of Shadow of War, and a Xbox/Win10 copy, that makes no sense. So I have suspicion that xCloud might just be a better version of PS Now and subscription based, not own per game.