TV wars? QLED vs OLED

#251 Posted by mtron32 (3848 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:

Where my micro-LEDs at!?

Thats what I'll wait on, I bought a 65 inch Bravia x900F for 1100 this week and regret nothing. I went to the store and looked at TVs for a good 30 minutes and while OLEDs are nice, they aren't nice enough for me to part with an additional 1500. Never buy top of the line in any tech and never be an early adopter is rules to live by ;)

#252 Posted by EG101 (1874 posts) -

@howmakewood said:
@EG101 said:
@Shewgenja said:

My parents got a Sony A8F on Black Friday. Damn, that is a nice picture! I also got to see the A9F and almost jumped, but I think I honestly do want a fully 2.1 set after all with the higher framerates and frame sync support. PS5 and maybe Scarlet would be best with a set with those features. Here's to me waiting yet another year...

Nah XB1X works fine with Samsung's current QLED TV's that have Variable Refresh. No need to wait for Next Gen.

Yeah and it's useless in most games as they are 30fps which is below the freesync range in those...

Would you please provide a link to your statement. Link should be based on XB1X and QLED TV with VRR.

Thanks ahead of time.

#253 Posted by Howmakewood (5532 posts) -
@EG101 said:
@howmakewood said:
@EG101 said:
@Shewgenja said:

My parents got a Sony A8F on Black Friday. Damn, that is a nice picture! I also got to see the A9F and almost jumped, but I think I honestly do want a fully 2.1 set after all with the higher framerates and frame sync support. PS5 and maybe Scarlet would be best with a set with those features. Here's to me waiting yet another year...

Nah XB1X works fine with Samsung's current QLED TV's that have Variable Refresh. No need to wait for Next Gen.

Yeah and it's useless in most games as they are 30fps which is below the freesync range in those...

Would you please provide a link to your statement. Link should be based on XB1X and QLED TV with VRR.

Thanks ahead of time.

sauce

In response to a query, an AMD spokesperson clarified the frame rate ranges that support FreeSync on the Samsung TVs. “There are two settings available under Game Mode. At 1080p, the “Ultimate” setting has a range of 48-120Hz, and “Basic” supports 90-120Hz. In 4K, the range is 48-60Hz.” With such a high low-end FPS requirement, the technology should be most successful with games capable of running at 60fps.

#254 Edited by EG101 (1874 posts) -

@howmakewood said:
@EG101 said:
@howmakewood said:
@EG101 said:

Thanks ahead of time.

sauce

In response to a query, an AMD spokesperson clarified the frame rate ranges that support FreeSync on the Samsung TVs. “There are two settings available under Game Mode. At 1080p, the “Ultimate” setting has a range of 48-120Hz, and “Basic” supports 90-120Hz. In 4K, the range is 48-60Hz.” With such a high low-end FPS requirement, the technology should be most successful with games capable of running at 60fps.

Thank you.

Sure makes VRR on consoles a little over hyped since it doesn't support anything under 48 hz but at least it is useable by a handful of 60fps games like COD and Battle Field.

#255 Posted by Howmakewood (5532 posts) -
@EG101 said:
@howmakewood said:
@EG101 said:
@howmakewood said:
@EG101 said:

Thanks ahead of time.

sauce

Thank you.

Sure makes VRR on consoles a little over hyped since it doesn't support anything under 48 hz but at least it is useable by a handful of 60fps games like COD and Battle Field.

should be better with the new hdmi revision where its vesa standard, hence why people are saying they are waiting for next gen tv's

#256 Posted by artillery77 (61 posts) -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWX9Hluieb4

#257 Posted by Phreek300 (632 posts) -

I don't even see why this is still a debate... OLED is far and away superior. I bought a QLED at 1st. I took it back, that OLED got me. I can not ever go back. If you have the means and do not keep static images on your screen for hours at a time you will be fine. All the reasons an OLED is superior have all been mentioned. I bought the B6 a few years back. No regerts baby!

#258 Posted by N64DD (11194 posts) -

@Phreek300 said:

I don't even see why this is still a debate... OLED is far and away superior. I bought a QLED at 1st. I took it back, that OLED got me. I can not ever go back. If you have the means and do not keep static images on your screen for hours at a time you will be fine. All the reasons an OLED is superior have all been mentioned. I bought the B6 a few years back. No regerts baby!

How big you get?

#259 Posted by Phreek300 (632 posts) -

@n64dd: 55 inch was all I needed at the time. I got it for 1600.00 on sale at best buy. I should have bought the 65 inch. Hindsight is 20/20.

#260 Posted by arieljeco (15 posts) -

top up game online in unipin