TT Dev who leaked new Wii U controller already FIRED, might be taken to COURT.

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Virtua_Souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Virtua_Souls
Member since 2012 • 267 Posts

[QUOTE="Virtua_Souls"]It's just a video game system after all, and heck, the picture made fans happy!Zeviander
It's also "just a few hundred million dollars worth of R&D, investments and marketing". Nintendo wanted to be the ones to "make fans happy" since they are the owners to all rights concerning the hardware. A non-disclosure agreement is a legally binding contract that carries significant punishment if broken. You just don't mess around with this sh!t no matter how "insignificant" you think the info you leak might be. Or how "happy" it might make fans. We are less than a month away from E3 where Nintendo said they'd tell us everything...

I know that it's a big deal, man. :) I was just meaning in regards to any possible legal action, I hope that Nintendo doesn't ruin his/her financial life, since the picture didn't do any "damage" to Nintendo. That's all.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
come on, if he didn't know that leaking stuff from NDA is... well, breaking the NDA, then he deserves to get fired. it's a risk he chose to take, and no court will accept "but i didn't know" as a reason.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

If he actually leaked it then he should be fired. You'd have to be really dumb to do something like that and not expect serious consequences.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
NDA's are legally binding, so I wouldn't be surprised.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

It sounds reasonable to me. If you sign a contract saying you won't do something, and then you do it, expect consequences. It's really as simple as that.

We're all adults here, well probably not (lol), but it's all about being an adult. Taking responsibility for your actions. The guy messed up and he has to man up and face the consequences. There's really no reason to feel sorry for him.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
His own fault.
shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 shearMario
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts
He put the whole company he works for at risk, Nintendo are one of the biggest in the industry and to harm your relationship with them could cost the company a lot of money.
ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ShyGuy0504
Member since 2009 • 1138 Posts

It wasn't a very smart move on his part. All it takes is a little common sense to know sharing information you're under agreement not to is a bad idea.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
serves him right for messing with nintendo
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Stupid on his part but its petty to fire him and sue him. Just suspend him without pay and give him one hell of a warning. Its gonna hard for this guy to find a new job now.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

Stupid on his part but its petty to fire him and sue him. Just suspend him without pay and give him one hell of a warning. Its gonna hard for this guy to find a new job now.

ActicEdge

Suing may be too much, but firing him? No. You can not make it in the entertainment industry if you do not respect NDA. He will be black listed in this field as he should. In some cases a blunder like this can bring an entire company down.

Nothing petty about firing this guy at all. Pulling a no call, no show is enough to get fired at most places, but violating a binding contract goes way beyond the realm of termination.

Lucky for him, most skill sets required for game development are easily transferable to other markets. Sure its a major set back, but he did it to himself knowing damn well the range of consequences.

Doctors lose licenses and get sued for violating patient confidentiality, so I don't see why this guy deserves an easy ride. Nintendo and Ubi are not the bad guys here, nor are they petty.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Yeah a dude like that is a liability that nobody wants on their team...he'll never work in the games industry again. If he were working for a smaller studio he could easily put the entire studio's relationship with Nintendo in jeapordy, since it's the studio that deals with the hardware vendor and negotiates the NDA's on behalf of their employees. There's a reason you don't have developers just running around spilling the beans on next-gen consoles. :P

MysticMikeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MysticMikeMan
Member since 2002 • 5285 Posts
Anyone else think the placement of the sticks is retarded? Above the face buttons? Word?
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#64 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
Iwata was probably PISSED. He loves revealing new crap while journalists snap photos and ooo and ahhh
emosexualsRYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 emosexualsRYOU
Member since 2012 • 181 Posts
nda's need to die
emosexualsRYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 emosexualsRYOU
its better to get word around months before product ships
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sandbox3d
nda's need to die emosexualsRYOU
its better to get word around months before product shipsemosexualsRYOU
^ The employee in question.
emosexualsRYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 emosexualsRYOU
[QUOTE="emosexualsRYOU"]nda's need to die sandbox3d
its better to get word around months before product shipsemosexualsRYOU
^ The employee in question.

microsoft released the specs for the original xbox more than 6 months before launch. if the wiiu wasnt a piece of **** nintendo would be releasing specs to build hype.
emosexualsRYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 emosexualsRYOU
nintendo showing casual wii type **** on wiiu at e3 2011 proves wiiu isnt for nes.snes.n64 era gamers. It's a big pile of casual **** like wii.
emosexualsRYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 emosexualsRYOU
Funny how i said wiiu's name is trash and then adam sessler even says the same **** lmao.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

If true, OWCH. That really sucks for the dev. I hope he/she doesn't face any serious charges. It's just a video game system after all, and heck, the picture made fans happy! I know I'm more excited for the Wii U now that I know the controller is better.

Virtua_Souls
video game system with millions/billions of dollars behidn eet
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sandbox3d
[QUOTE="emosexualsRYOU"][QUOTE="sandbox3d"][QUOTE="emosexualsRYOU"] ^ The employee in question.

microsoft released the specs for the original xbox more than 6 months before launch. if the wiiu wasnt a piece of **** nintendo would be releasing specs to build hype.

1. I was joking with you, implying you were the one who broke this NDA. Amazing how things have to be spelled for so many people here. I'm not even sure what prompted your ridiculous response. 2. E3 is coming VERY soon. This is when Nintendo plans to spill the beans to the public. And then they plan to release the product by holiday season this year which would be *gasp* about six months from now. 3. Any company would do the same. If some random employee goes leaking out info on Sony and MS upcoming hardware the same thing will happen. This isnt some strange act of desperation from Nintendo. This is a practice that happens all day every day throughout the industry. 4. Everyone knows Nintendo is not in the specs race. They cant afford to bleed for years at a time. Common sense really. [QUOTE="emosexualsRYOU"]nintendo showing casual wii type **** on wiiu at e3 2011 proves wiiu isnt for nes.snes.n64 era gamers. It's a big pile of casual **** like wii.

And you're an idiot along with being a sorry excuse for a gamer. That or just a troll that happened to lure me in. Either way, further discussion with you would be absolutely worthless. Welcome to System Wars.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

i mean you do sign a contact then he put it all over the internet......

tikki25x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tikki25x
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

hmmm wonder if it was worth losing an awesome job for what? a few internet hits? actually im gonna guess no, no it wasnt worth it. lol. dont really have any sympathy for the guy. unfortunately thats how things work sometimes in the workplace. ive been fired for being an idiot before so i know this dude is kicking himself in the a$$ right about now

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#75 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Well, if nothing else, at least Nintendo's reaction is proof, if any more were needed, that the controller he leaked is indeed the final design.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#76 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I hope the person is fired as an example, and then secretly hired again because it wasn't a big deal.

I understand it somewhat upset the hype flow but come on.

Was anyone fired for leaking out Chernobyl situation? Or for keeping it quiet while people were dying? I never heard of that.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I hope the person is fired as an example, and then secretly hired again because it wasn't a big deal.

Was anyone fired for leaking out Chernobyl situation? Or for keeping it quiet while people were dying? I never heard of that.

KungfuKitten
You can't be seriously comparing the two situations?!... :|
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#78 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

I was just thinking, that I never heard of 'important' people being fired over leaking information or withholding information even if it involves life and death situations. This only happens with people they can blame and get rid of easily and for the smallest of things.
I guess that's totally normal like the way someone can pickpocket a wallet and get in jail, but someone in a company making millions disappear won't get a million times the punishment, they may just get fined for a fraction of the money they stole.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

KungfuKitten

I was just thinking, that I never heard of 'important' people being fired over leaking information or withholding information even if it involves life and death situations. This only happens with people they can blame and get rid of easily and for the smallest of things.
I guess that's totally normal like the way someone can pickpocket a wallet and get in jail, but someone in a company making millions disappear won't get a million times the punishment, they may just get fined for a fraction of the money they stole.

I completely understand that but someone leaking information such as the Chernobyl incident is morally right... that information needed to hit public ears. This Nintendo fiasco on the other hand isn't something the public had to know... in fact it was information that was going to be released(obviously) but when decided by Nintendo, its why they made people sign a NDA. Companies who stop you from releasing information that makes them look bad is NOT the same as companies making you sign NDA's to no release information until they say so. The two while essentially the same in terms of action are in no way comparable.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
No good deed goes unpunished by the Nintendo Bureau of Investigationz.
PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Now that's serious business.