TT Dev who leaked new Wii U controller already FIRED, might be taken to COURT.

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5594 posts) -

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177652

The developer who leaked the pictures of the revised Wii U tablet has already been fired for breaking NDA, and might be taken to trial.

Kind of sucks tbh. He probably wasnt even trying to break NDA, and didnt think something so small as added analog sticks would have been covered under it. Oh, well.

#2 Posted by -CheeseEater- (5258 posts) -
It's because Nintendo knows the Wii-U is a flop. :P
#3 Posted by Virtua_Souls (267 posts) -

If true, OWCH. That really sucks for the dev. I hope he/she doesn't face any serious charges. It's just a video game system after all, and heck, the picture made fans happy! I know I'm more excited for the Wii U now that I know the controller is better.

#4 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

it seems Nintendo had a huge reveal planned for the sticks. Get hype!

#5 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11206 posts) -

When your under a non disclosure agreement you gotta obey it :/

#6 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

If true, OWCH. That really sucks for the dev. I hope he/she doesn't face any serious charges. It's just a video game system after all, and heck, the picture made fans happy! I know I'm more excited for the Wii U now that I know the controller is better.

Virtua_Souls

can you imagine Nintendo ruining his life just for this? If they sue that poor guy will need to use his life savings to pay a lawyer and if he loses the case then he'll need to pay a fine too. :lol:

#7 Posted by pickleman999 (110 posts) -
Idiot should've followed the rules of the disclosure. Taking him to court is a bit much. It is a waste of time and money.
#8 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26442 posts) -

You're late. Guy should've known he was gonna get fired.

#9 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5594 posts) -
Idiot should've followed the rules of the disclosure. Taking him to court is a bit much. It is a waste of time and money. pickleman999
They have to make an example out of someone due to the amount of leaks that happen in the industry nowadays.
#10 Posted by sandbox3d (5166 posts) -

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177652

The developer who leaked the pictures of the revised Wii U tablet has already been fired for breaking NDA, and might be taken to trial.

Kind of sucks tbh. He probably wasnt even trying to break NDA, and didnt think something so small as added analog sticks would have been covered under it. Oh, well.

StrongDeadlift

Ha, no he knew. These things are taken seriously and the conditions are explained clearly before you sign. As insignificant as it may seem, I've seen strict NDA's for things even more trivial than this that would just make you laugh.

#11 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -
nintendo 's publicity stunt pre- E3
#12 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4735 posts) -

[QUOTE="Virtua_Souls"]

Gue1

can you imagine Nintendo ruining his life just for this? If they sue that poor guy will need to use his life savings to pay a lawyer and if he loses the case then he'll need to pay a fine too. :lol:

Common Sense doesn't exist in the legal system. You do what the NDA says, or you face the terms you agreed to. Person knew what might have been coming when they did this.

#13 Posted by tarzanell (1503 posts) -
He won't be taken to court.
#14 Posted by Vader993 (7533 posts) -

He did it for us. He made the ultimate sacrifice. Many years into the future his name will be glorified.

#15 Posted by ZombeGoast (437 posts) -

This is why you don't see a lot of leaks from Nintendo.

#16 Posted by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

He did it for us. He made the ultimate sacrifice. Many years into the future his name will be glorified.

Vader993
there....
#17 Posted by o0squishy0o (2802 posts) -

Whoever it was, was a complete idiot and should be sacked.

#18 Posted by trugs26 (7535 posts) -

Seriously, I bet there are security notices all over their dev kit package. It doesn't take much to realise how any info. like this is strictly classified.

#19 Posted by Tikeio (5332 posts) -

It's because Nintendo knows the Wii-U is a flop.-CheeseEater-

Pretty much.

#20 Posted by Rahnyc4 (6660 posts) -
im guessing this guy was as excited for the revised wiiu remote as the followers of the wiiu. i kind of feel sorry for this guy.
#21 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Kind of sucks tbh. He probably wasnt even trying to break NDA, and didnt think something so small as added analog sticks would have been covered under it. Oh, well.StrongDeadlift
He broke the NDA he signed in confidence. Nothing sucks about it. Just "thems the breaks".
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
#22 Posted by deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20 (82724 posts) -
Seems a bit excessive :?
#23 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
It's just a video game system after all, and heck, the picture made fans happy!Virtua_Souls
It's also "just a few hundred million dollars worth of R&D, investments and marketing". Nintendo wanted to be the ones to "make fans happy" since they are the owners to all rights concerning the hardware. A non-disclosure agreement is a legally binding contract that carries significant punishment if broken. You just don't mess around with this sh!t no matter how "insignificant" you think the info you leak might be. Or how "happy" it might make fans. We are less than a month away from E3 where Nintendo said they'd tell us everything...
#24 Posted by ddlcpc (887 posts) -

theres not such things as secret... to moderndays..

#25 Posted by Audacitron (982 posts) -

I guess he'll be an example to others.

#26 Posted by 22Toothpicks (12546 posts) -
I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. He knew the parameters of the agreement and decided to disobey it anyways (much to my delight.) Still, maybe him losing his job is punishment enough. He probably should have made the leak worth his while and spilled his guts on everything he knows. That would have been much better...for us, of course xD
#27 Posted by 22Toothpicks (12546 posts) -
Seems a bit excessive :?charizard1605
If it was a stipulation of the contract that they would not only terminate his employment but pursue legal action then it's squarely on his shoulders.
#28 Posted by delta3074 (19976 posts) -
Guys gonna get taken to court for actually increasing interest in the nintendo wii-u, thats Sad, Nintendo should reward him for incresing Wii-U hype if anything.
#29 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17601 posts) -
Not worth it. Nintendo would have probably revealed what he leaked at E3. Simply not worth it.
#30 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -

I don't feel sorry for him, he signed a contract, its not that he released the pics, I'm sure he couldn't take pictures period. Hell it wasn't until this year that ps2,gamecube, xbox, ps3, 360, wii dev kits pictures of how they looked surfaced on the internet.

#31 Posted by Led_poison (10146 posts) -
Good, has to learn how contracts work
#32 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -
Seems a bit excessive :?charizard1605
Not really these kind of things can cost companies millions in press.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#33 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -

Guys gonna get taken to court for actually increasing interest in the nintendo wii-u, thats Sad, Nintendo should reward him for incresing Wii-U hype if anything.delta3074
Because Nintendo was planning on unveilling it at E3 which is only 2 weeks away. The person should've waited because he was making a Nintendo published game (Lego City Stories) and he broke Nintendo's non-disclosure agreement.

#34 Posted by PadalackMyers (25 posts) -
I mean, that's what happens when you break the rules and your agreement
#35 Posted by Mazoch (2473 posts) -

The guy acted like a fool. He put the development studio he worked for in trouble and he broke his contract and betrayed the trust his employers had placed in him. The console manufacturers don?t give out Dev kits on a whim, ESPECIALLY when the console is still not officially unveiled.Nintendo is a lot less likely to trust that studio with anything in the future, all because of this guy wanted to show off on twitter.

That said, I doubt he'll be sued, they are rattling their sabers as a bit because they are pissed, but suing the guy would just make them look like bullies, and that's not something they are looking for at this point. Besides, what would they hope to gain by suing him?

#36 Posted by DimensionalUK (381 posts) -

Idiot, idiot, idiot. Why on Earth would you post that on your public twitter account?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#37 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -

The guy acted like a fool. He put the development studio he worked for in trouble and he broke his contract and betrayed the trust his employers had placed in him. The console manufacturers don?t give out Dev kits on a whim, ESPECIALLY when the console is still not officially unveiled.Nintendo is a lot less likely to trust that studio with anything in the future, all because of this guy wanted to show off on twitter.

That said, I doubt he'll be sued, they are rattling their sabers as a bit because they are pissed, but suing the guy would just make them look like bullies, and that's not something they are looking for at this point. Besides, what would they hope to gain by suing him?

Mazoch

Especially because Nintendo is actually publishing the game that they are working on for the Wii U and the 3DS.

Nintendo is publishing Lego City Stories and it is being developed by TT.

#38 Posted by Heil68 (58244 posts) -
He knew what he was doing.
#39 Posted by gamecubepad (7926 posts) -

Could have at least leaked something important like the WiiU GPU specs. Sheesh.

#40 Posted by m_machine024 (15874 posts) -

Don't **** with the NDA. That is all.

We're just 2 weeks away from E3. Come on now.

#41 Posted by super600 (32457 posts) -

The guy deserves this, but lets hope he doesn't get sued.

#42 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
iike i said in another thread, it boogles the mind why people would risk there jobs doing sh*t like this..thats good for him
#43 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -

Vader993

why risk a great, well paying job for complete strangers on the interwebz? and many years? pff, i'll give it 4 days till we forget about this person/incident.

#44 Posted by kyacat (4395 posts) -
The guy deserved to be fire he and hope he doesn't get sue
#45 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

He is going to be the example to all other devs and other people working close on the Wii U that if they let it slip, their job and possibly life is as good as gone.

#46 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6494 posts) -
He works in the gaming industry and leaked pictures of a announced but unreleased console's redesigned controller 3 weeks before E3?... this guy deserved to be fired.
#47 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I mean, E3 like everyone else is saying is only 2 weeks away (Im so excited, lol). He should of simply kept that info to himself.

#48 Posted by Zensword (4509 posts) -
He should blame himself since that's his fault
#49 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15578 posts) -
It's because Nintendo knows the Wii-U is a flop. :P-CheeseEater-
#50 Posted by pickleman999 (110 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

LP4EVA2005

why risk a great, well paying job for complete strangers on the interwebz? and many years? pff, i'll give it 4 days till we forget about this person/incident.

Developers are not well payed you moron.