TRUE REVIEWS OF THE LAST OF US 2, FROM THE COMMUNITY

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

I am deciding if I should buy LOU2. I would appreciate true non fanboy reviews of this game.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

How come this much energy did not go to other video games that fell victim to the review-bomb?

Is it suddenly a different story now that it's The Last of Us Part 2 getting review-bombed?

I could have sworn many people made fun of other games for getting review-bombed, before

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

This is getting sickening.

Dude, watch a little gameplay, read a little bit of the synopsis if you care about story. Play the first game. Get a feel for it. Then decide whether or not to buy.

It's not rocket science.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10583 Posts

Bait thread is bait.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Created a whole account just to ask whether or not to buy a game that's easily researchable.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

From what I can tell:

The good:

Great visuals

Amazing animations

Improved combat

Beautiful world

The bad:

Terrible character's

Bad writing

So if story is important to you it's probably a pass. If that shit doesn't matter and you want some good Third person shooting and stealth mechanics then check it out.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7 WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

From what I can tell:

The good:

Great visuals

Amazing animations

Improved combat

Beautiful world

The bad:

Terrible character's

Bad writing

So if story is important to you it's probably a pass. If that shit doesn't matter and you want some good third person shooting and stealth mechanics then check it out.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

I think your keyboard is broken

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

If your not going to review the game please don't fanboy post here. This isn't a bait thread it's a honest review thread

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

8/10

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7126 Posts

@greygoose12 said:

If your not going to review the game please don't fanboy post here. This isn't a bait thread it's a honest review thread

Well i never played it. the sites and the people that have played the game gave it 8-10 reviews and the people that have not played it and goes off leaks giving a 1 rating just to hate.

this should give you the answer.

funny thing is 90% of people think she is a transgender but she just a buff female not that matters but a lot of hate is from that alone.

Im going to get it once i get my ps5. my pro kicked the bucket so im using my original ps4 and want to play it at highest fidelity. the new graphics king of sony first party games. it looks beautiful.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@greygoose12 said:

Well i never played it. the sites and the people that have played the game gave it 8-10 reviews and the people that have not played it and goes off leaks giving a 1 rating just to hate.

this should give you the answer.

funny thing is 90% of people think she is a transgender but she just a buff female not that matters but a lot of hate is from that alone.

Im going to get it once i get my ps5. my pro kicked the bucket so im using my original ps4 and want to play it at highest fidelity. the new graphics king of sony first party games. it looks beautiful.

You mean the reviewers who couldn't talk about the 2nd half of the game in their reviews since ND wouldn't let them which is where all the hate/leaks come from....

To sum up what Skillup said in his review, TLOU2 is GOT season 8 and TLJ.

Even knowing about the leaks I bought the TLOU2 cause I loved the first one and it's in my top 5 games, so far I hate how they've made Ellie into a massive B****. Even knowing what happens later in the game it's like why the hell did they ruin Joel and Ellie as characters who where easily the best character duo in gaming.

If 100% of the people who want to play or buy TLOU2 know about the leaks and what happens do you honestly think TLOU2 would score 10/10s?, hell no. The story is just god awful so far and knowing what happens later to certain characters and what follows after, you can see why people would rate TLOU2 under a 5. Yea the game is pretty damn gorgeous and the detail is god tier but that's only half of a game when character and story is thrown out the window there should be no reason why this game is getting perfect scores unless they ether get paid for the review or are only doing it to get free copies.

An example to detail though just to show how deeply I care for the TLOU, since this literally happens in the first min of the game in TLOU2 it's only spoiling if you didn't pay attention to the first game. But seeing Joel still wearing the watch his daughter gave him for his Birthday before she died in TLOU made me tear a little. That attention to detail 7 years later from the release of TLOU shows you that TLOU2 COULD HAVE BEEN so damn amazing but no.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

ITS 10/10 LOOK AT THE GAME BRO LOOK AT IT

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

We already have a thread on this game and its reviews.😐

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56025 Posts

Good for you TC and tell us this on the other Last of Us 2 threads we have here, no need to make this crap of a thread, so locking!