True Cost to match a PS5 with PC parts (OMG!!!)

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@tormentos said:

@zaryia:

Consoles market > PC market your spins are useless.

Tormy, he's right. You're straight up using a Strawman argument. It's evolved, but that's what it is.

You could go deeper on your argument, and utilize consoles for an AMD argument. Screw Sony/MS, as they utilize AMD.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Uh, I’m with Tormentos on this one. The console market is made up of all consoles combined. We don’t split the mobile market by brand or OS when discussing mobile revenue.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Uh, I’m with Tormentos on this one. The console market is made up of all consoles combined. We don’t split the mobile market by brand or OS when discussing mobile revenue.

He's not wrong, but it is a Strawman. Unless I missed something, which is possible.

That being said, the mobile market is straight up discussed by the division of market or brand (Apple Vs Android.) It's likely Newzoo or others will combine data within the overview, but will deep-dive into the data in the full report.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@goldenelementxl said:

He's not wrong, but it is a Strawman. Unless I missed something, which is possible.

That being said, the mobile market is straight up discussed by the division of market or brand (Apple Vs Android.) It's likely Newzoo or others will combine data within the overview, but will deep-dive into the data in the full report.

Now consolites pretending consoles don't compete against each other and all games run on all consoles when they don't. Can I put an Xbox game in a PS4? Nope. Can I play Marvel's Spiderman on a Nintendo Switch? Nope. Can I use an XBL subscription on PS4? Nope. Also consoles includes handhelds as well.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@goldenelementxl:

Exactly.

And PC is compose of several competitor as well like NVidia who competes against amd,and Intel and all are PC,just like all consoles compete in the same market it is just 1.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 tormentos

@lundy86_4:

I disagree because we have 1 console market not 3,all consoles compete in the same market,just like PC has different sellers,amd,Intel,Nvidia,hp,Lenovo and many others but the market is the same.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By tormentos

@NoodleFighter:

So intel doesn't compete against AMD?

AMD vs Nvidia on the same market,how about lenovo, vs HP?

Can I play PC games on apple PC?

How about windows 10 games on Linux? Can I run the all?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#158 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Now consolites pretending consoles don't compete against each other and all games run on all consoles when they don't. Can I put an Xbox game in a PS4? Nope. Can I play Marvel's Spiderman on a Nintendo Switch? Nope. Can I use an XBL subscription on PS4? Nope. Also consoles includes handhelds as well.

That counter argument is really trash man. You be in embarrassed.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#159 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Yeah but that's a small price to pay for gaming on PC.

What you should really ask yourself is this: what's the cost of not gaming on PC?

Subpar experience? Your mental health? Your happiness? Lack of a large game library, broad genres, and near-infinite backwards compatibility?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#160 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@drlostrib said:

Did you seriously just link a steam controller as necessary for a PC build?

Not to mention that Steam cleared those things out for like $5 last month

I love my Steam controller...……………………….. :/

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@tormentos: Games sponsored by Intel, Nvidia, AMD and other PC brands can still be played on their competitors hardware. There are no games sectioned off by PC hardware brands unlike consoles with games being exclusive or their versions incompatible with other consoles. There is no game versions made specifically for certain PC hardware brands that won't work on others. Yeah you can play PC games on a Mac many PC games support MacOS, you can install Windows on a Mac and you can emulate Windows games on a Mac same for Linux. The only thing you got is Windows 10 games not being playable on other OSes but even they just make up a very tiny fraction of the PC game market when everything else isn't locked into certain brands, hardware and OS and that can be solved by just switching to that OS for those games. Can I install the PS4 OS on an Xbox to run PS4 games on it? Nope. Can I install the Switch OS on the PS4 and run Switch games on it? Nope. Very few games allow PS4, Xbox and Switch gamers to all play with each other yet PC Gamers of all different hardware and OSes can play online with each other no problem.

PC is an open platform Even with all these brands competing PC gamers overall still benefit unlike console gamers unless they own all consoles. When the sales of PS4 games and consoles exceed others do Switch and Xbox players benefit from it? Not really because then devs will prioritize it more than other consoles to point they may chose to make games exclusive to it or give it exclusive content. Even with Nvidia dominating the GPU market there are no PC games made only for Nvidia GPUs, even features like RTX and Physx are allowed on competing hardware brands even if they don't perform as well as on Nvidia GPUs it can still be used by others.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Don't fall for Tormentos' straw-man.

@zaryia said:
@joebones5000 said:

Not sure why anyone would buy a PC these days for gaming. It just doesn't make any sense.

This is a very odd question considering PC is the most played core gaming system(non-mobile) on the planet. By far. For all 3 - competitive, casual, and e-sports. With the most hardware gaming revenue and software gaming revenue (not counting facebook games) than ANY other system by A LOT.

Nothing I wrote was factually incorrect. I didn't bring up PC vs Console markets. I'm simply stating which one system out of the 4 we discuss here on a daily basis is the most popular. Just like we do with library lists or gfx. Just like how Cows and Lemmings do vs. each other for sales of each system, even though they are both consoles.

He's being pissy that his shitty toy isn't first place for that statistic.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Zaryia

@tormentos said:

@zaryia:

Consoles market > PC market your spins are useless.

@tormentos said:

@goldenelementxl:

Exactly.

Tormented. Which of the following 4 systems we discuss here on a daily basis and pit against each other (including PS vs XB sales threads which you took no issue with, odd I thought that was combined console markets) has the highest gaming software revenue and/or gamers in 2019:

• PC

• XBOX1/1X

• Switch

• PS4/Pro.

This is a very easy question. Please pick 1, as only 1 of those is the correct answer. Choose wisely.

No Caption Provided

BTW,

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@npiet1 said:
@Gatygun said:
@npiet1 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Also Bluray?... PC cases don't even have drive's any more.

To be fair consoles still have them even though PC's don't. Console just don't support Piracy like PC does and I think anyone into PC would have gone all digital. Console haven't yet and not from lack of trying either.

Lol dude. console does piracy far harder then PC ever will. Second handed sales and company's like gamestop reselling second handed games + renting.

Then u got retail that sits in between with massive cuts on top of it over it.

Get out of here with your nonsense.

Yet there's no hack for Xbone, PS4 above 4.55 or switch except on the first bunch of lots and even then only below 8.01. Xbox 360 is still a pain in the ass. PS2 is a pain if you don't have the right game. Anything that uses a cartridge you'll have to pay for a special one. Retail doesn't count as piracy either. I have no nonsense here I speak from experience. Only a tiny fraction of people do piracy for console compared to PC who has a literal website telling you when the pirate version is released.

No u don't get it.

Piracy = getting software without developers seeing money for it.

That's exactly what the second handed market it. If you buy a game and resell it after the first 2 days towards the next guy, and he resells that game and that happens 10 times, that's 9 people that played the game without paying for it.

Now while second handed market was always seen as a gray area, as u never know if that person would flash out the full price of a new game if he couldn't get it cheaper ( same deal with PC piracy, a downloaded game doesn't equal a otherwise paying consumer ),

But company's that sell game go activily out of there way to advertise and sell these already bought games in there shop and paying consumers to sell the game back towards them. Which basically is far worse then piracy on PC ever was.

The low cut on physical copy's and the investment to press these products and ship them and having to stock them and order them with no security at all of selling them ( check fallout 76 as example, where all those boxes where pretty much trashed and never sold = bye small capital ). Makes it for devs far far less interesting even without hacks.

But when those consoles are broken open u get situations far far worse then PC ever has by getting stuff like memory cards for a DS that loads tons of games on it and play it at a better solution then nintendo even offers and kills of there entire market as result.

Console piracy is massive unless they adress the physical copy's.

This is also why steam became so big on PC and digital. I paid 48 bucks for the gold edition in uplay, guess how much money they saw from it? 47 bucks as its 1 buck transaction fee. I can't resell it.

Wonder why everybody and there mom starts there own store? there you go.

Consoles are riddled with piracy. And that's why most people start to flee away from it that aren't on a payroll by sony or microsoft and release there software on PC all day long through massive profits out of it.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#165 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@Gatygun said:
@npiet1 said:
@Gatygun said:
@npiet1 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Also Bluray?... PC cases don't even have drive's any more.

To be fair consoles still have them even though PC's don't. Console just don't support Piracy like PC does and I think anyone into PC would have gone all digital. Console haven't yet and not from lack of trying either.

Lol dude. console does piracy far harder then PC ever will. Second handed sales and company's like gamestop reselling second handed games + renting.

Then u got retail that sits in between with massive cuts on top of it over it.

Get out of here with your nonsense.

Yet there's no hack for Xbone, PS4 above 4.55 or switch except on the first bunch of lots and even then only below 8.01. Xbox 360 is still a pain in the ass. PS2 is a pain if you don't have the right game. Anything that uses a cartridge you'll have to pay for a special one. Retail doesn't count as piracy either. I have no nonsense here I speak from experience. Only a tiny fraction of people do piracy for console compared to PC who has a literal website telling you when the pirate version is released.

No u don't get it.

Piracy = getting software without developers seeing money for it. WRONG SEE BELOW!

That's exactly what the second handed market it. If you buy a game and resell it after the first 2 days towards the next guy, and he resells that game and that happens 10 times, that's 9 people that played the game without paying for it.

Now while second handed market was always seen as a gray area, as u never know if that person would flash out the full price of a new game if he couldn't get it cheaper ( same deal with PC piracy, a downloaded game doesn't equal a otherwise paying consumer ),

But company's that sell game go activily out of there way to advertise and sell these already bought games in there shop and paying consumers to sell the game back towards them. Which basically is far worse then piracy on PC ever was.

The low cut on physical copy's and the investment to press these products and ship them and having to stock them and order them with no security at all of selling them ( check fallout 76 as example, where all those boxes where pretty much trashed and never sold = bye small capital ). Makes it for devs far far less interesting even without hacks.

But when those consoles are broken open u get situations far far worse then PC ever has by getting stuff like memory cards for a DS that loads tons of games on it and play it at a better solution then nintendo even offers and kills of there entire market as result.

Console piracy is massive unless they adress the physical copy's.

This is also why steam became so big on PC and digital. I paid 48 bucks for the gold edition in uplay, guess how much money they saw from it? 47 bucks as its 1 buck transaction fee. I can't resell it.

Wonder why everybody and there mom starts there own store? there you go.

Consoles are riddled with piracy. And that's why most people start to flee away from it that aren't on a payroll by sony or microsoft and release there software on PC all day long through massive profits out of it.

It's not piracy. It's not making a copy and they are using/selling it with authorization.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I love how TC just made the thread, and then fucked off to buttfuck Idaho lol.

A very successful troll by the OP as all it takes if for something like this and most of you hermits go ape shit.

No one really knows what PS5 specs are, don't see anyone going ape shit about this. If that's how you see it, then I feel sorry for you.

1 Post from the OP, 4 pages & 150+ posts later disagree with you. You should feel sorry for your own kind (hermits) i'm not raging in here you guys are over an obvious troll from the OP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@zaryia said:
@i_p_daily said:
@lundy86_4 said:

A very successful troll by the OP as all it takes if for something like this and most of you hermits go ape shit.

Trolling is against forum rules. Why are you egging on 12 year old behavior?

I'm not egging on anything, your butthurt over the OP's troll is funny. I made a statement that is true as here we are 4 pages later after the OP has long split.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@lundy86_4 said:

No one really knows what PS5 specs are, don't see anyone going ape shit about this. If that's how you see it, then I feel sorry for you.

It's a classic case of denial.

Console player makes a stupid thread, PC gamers call out said stupid shit, and another console gamer ignores the stupidity of other console gamers and goes on attacking PC gamers even though console gamers are more guilty in this case.

The OP's post is obvious troll, but you hermits came a running quicker than Usain Bolt in a 100m race lol.

Yes the console master race is guilty for making you hermits stupid LOL.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 tormentos

@NoodleFighter said:

@tormentos: Games sponsored by Intel, Nvidia, AMD and other PC brands can still be played on their competitors hardware. There are no games sectioned off by PC hardware brands unlike consoles with games being exclusive or their versions incompatible with other consoles. There is no game versions made specifically for certain PC hardware brands that won't work on others. Yeah you can play PC games on a Mac many PC games support MacOS, you can install Windows on a Mac and you can emulate Windows games on a Mac same for Linux. The only thing you got is Windows 10 games not being playable on other OSes but even they just make up a very tiny fraction of the PC game market when everything else isn't locked into certain brands, hardware and OS and that can be solved by just switching to that OS for those games. Can I install the PS4 OS on an Xbox to run PS4 games on it? Nope. Can I install the Switch OS on the PS4 and run Switch games on it? Nope. Very few games allow PS4, Xbox and Switch gamers to all play with each other yet PC Gamers of all different hardware and OSes can play online with each other no problem.

PC is an open platform Even with all these brands competing PC gamers overall still benefit unlike console gamers unless they own all consoles. When the sales of PS4 games and consoles exceed others do Switch and Xbox players benefit from it? Not really because then devs will prioritize it more than other consoles to point they may chose to make games exclusive to it or give it exclusive content. Even with Nvidia dominating the GPU market there are no PC games made only for Nvidia GPUs, even features like RTX and Physx are allowed on competing hardware brands even if they don't perform as well as on Nvidia GPUs it can still be used by others.

Can you play windows 10 on Linux? All of them? Can you play them on Mac? PC is not just 1 OS is several,is not just one manufacturar is many.

Hell now even some MS games are on multiple consoles,and even MLB from sony will release on xbox.

Again the console market is 1 the PC market is 1,they both are umbrella for a host of different brands and products from a ton of providers.

Fact is the console market is bigger than the PC market.

@zaryia said:

Tormented. Which of the following 4 systems we discuss here on a daily basis and pit against each other (including PS vs XB sales threads which you took no issue with, odd I thought that was combined console markets) has the highest gaming software revenue and/or gamers in 2019:

• PC

• XBOX1/1X

• Switch

• PS4/Pro.

This is a very easy question. Please pick 1, as only 1 of those is the correct answer. Choose wisely.

BTW,

You are grasping dude and is sad,you loss the argument unless you show me the 3 or more console markets that you claim exist and show me that PC is just 1,were only 1 global brand runs everything you have nothing.

Fact is using PC which is a conglomerate of brands vs sony or vs nintendo or even MS on its own is a joke,fact is there are 3 markets now,mobile,PC and console,the mobile one is the biggest by far,the second one is console the 3rd one is PC and by some 12 billions which is a considerable number.

Don't cry anymore about all platforms been use against PC,you want to segragate sales because is the only way you can win something.

ulfrinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ulfrinn
Member since 2019 • 158 Posts

I will not be getting a PS5 or XBO. When the time comes for me to upgrade my system, when I can no longer max out games on high settings and still get higher frame rates than what those consoles will be locked to, then I will upgrade my computer for far less, and get even better performance out of it than what those consoles will provide.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

THHBO

Port begging and spending $2000 to play them in buggy states.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Zaryia

@tormentos said:

Don't cry anymore about all platforms been use against PC,you want to segragate sales because is the only way you can win something.

Mr. Straw-Man, You seem to be struggling with this very easy test question.

As I originally stated in post #100, out of the 4 separate systems we battle at SW (and as GS distinguishes), which has the highest software gaming revenue?

A) PC

B) XBOX1/X

C) Switch

D) PS4/Pro

I will note your continued ignoring of this question and going off-topic from it as your concession.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Zaryia

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

THHBO

Port begging and spending $2000 to play them in buggy states.

1. According to Digital Foundry almost every multiplat this gen is either noticeably or at many time significantly better on PC. Including most ports. What are you even talking about?

2. Port begging works. PC has over 100~ more AAA/AA titles than the second next system over. 200 for the others. Getting the most multiplats, ports, and having exclusive genres will do that. That's just THIS GEN.

3. TC is a clown. It didn't take a $2000 PC this gen, probably won't next gen. Even less when considering simple upgrades. And it's worth it, imagine playing on low/med and 20-30 fps all of last gen. Rofl, poor people!

@i_p_daily said:

I'm not egging on anything, your butthurt over the OP's troll is funny. I made a statement that is true as here we are 4 pages later after the OP has long split.

The OP embarrassed himself and has been shat on for 4 pages, too scared to ever come back. Call it what you want, but it's sad.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 tormentos

@zaryia said:

Mr. Straw-Man, You seem to be struggling with this very easy test question.

As I originally stated in post #100, out of the 4 separate systems we battle at SW (and as GS distinguishes), which has the highest software gaming revenue?

A) PC

B) XBOX1/X

C) Switch

D) PS4/Pro

I will note your continued ignoring of this question and going off-topic from it as your concession.

Console market.

PC Market.

Mobile Market.

There is a horde of competitors across all 3 markets.

Mobile is King.

Consoles fallow.

PC is last.

FACT.

Now you can proceed with your tears and shitty arguments of the WHOLE PC ,market is bigger than the Playstation,xbox or switch.

Fact is Consoles >> PC by some 12 billions.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Zaryia
@tormentos said:

PC market is bigger than the Playstation,xbox or switch.

Thank you, Tormented, for finally accepting this simple fact I typed in post #100. It's a very easy concept, you have 4 systems. One has the most revenue, one has the second most, one has the third most, and one is last place. Just like with hardware sales, population, and library count. This is how SW has always done it, you're trying to force your own rules because you lost a debate.

Welcome to System Wars, where we battle the 4 distinct systems/platforms. It took you a while.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Gatygun

All marketshare statistics

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@rmpumper: “ Some do and the fact that consoles will no longer be gimped by the 5400 laptop HDDs, more game engines will be made to take advantage of the SSD speeds.”

I don’t need to point out the irony in this statement do I?

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Gatygun

Basically after mobile PC is the main focus for devs these days. Consoles come in after that. And that's if you lump in all the consoles and handhelds together which frankly is totally ridiculous as those consoles can't play each other games without buying more platforms.

Also mobiles are split because of multiple library's.

With china, e-sports and streaming consoles are far far behind the curve.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Zaryia

@Gatygun said:

Nice. PC is way ahead of any other core system (like PS4).

@tormentos should appreciate these separate platform stats.

Also lmao at the dude who said "Why would anyone play on PC" when PC is the most played core system.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@zaryia:

What is sad is having a Trump user pic, playing mobile phone games, going to your cousins house to take pics of his PC and claiming it as your own.

And the saddest part is the OP is obvious troll bait and hermits fell for it hook, line & sinker, congrats on being a dumbarse lol.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Zaryia

@i_p_daily said:

@zaryia:

What is sad is having a Trump user pic, playing mobile phone games, going to your cousins house to take pics of his PC and claiming it as your own.

And the saddest part is the OP is obvious troll bait and hermits fell for it hook, line & sinker, congrats on being a dumbarse lol.

Please shut up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@zaryia said:
@i_p_daily said:

@zaryia:

Please shut up.

Imagine if you shut your pie hole and didn't enter this ill fated thread, we wouldn't be here laughing at you hermits triggered responses :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By tormentos

@zaryia:

Yeah you can continue your mental gymnastic were 1 complete market compete against Sony,Ms or Nintendo individually,meanwhile I keep laughing at you while I point the 12 billions more the console market did over PC..

Hey maybe you can use that argument against Motorola as well,and make seen like PC beats the mobile market as well..🤣🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Cow gonna be a cow. Go back to moms basement and make sure to wipe the cheetos off the ps4 before you snuggle with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Playing everything 1440p on a qnix overclocked to 100 hz with something I threw together. Consoles suck now besides not having hackers.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 tormentos

@Gatygun said:

Basically after mobile PC is the main focus for devs these days. Consoles come in after that. And that's if you lump in all the consoles and handhelds together which frankly is totally ridiculous as those consoles can't play each other games without buying more platforms.

Yeah you can pretend as well that the damn console market is divided in 3 damn markets it is stupid as deviding the PC market by OS or by GPU vendor.

Can you play all windows games on Linux? Or Mac?

The console market is 1 and you people can continue to pretend is not to suit your argument.

Fact is the console market is bigger,and i never claimed consoles had more developers,which is even more lol worthy as consoles with way less developers sell way more.

@zaryia said:
@Gatygun said:

Also lmao at the dude who said "Why would anyone play on PC" when PC is the most played core system.

Hahahahaa PC is more played than Motorola phones...

PC >>> Mobile...Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is your argument not mine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

I'll say it now, the best console gen was 360 as far as HD and integration to MP and the best game ever Halo 2. Consoles are slow and stale and even the exclusives are. PC is honestly the only way to go.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 tormentos

@sleepnsurf said:

I'll say it now, the best console gen was 360 as far as HD and integration to MP and the best game ever Halo 2. Consoles are slow and stale and even the exclusives are. PC is honestly the only way to go.

Halo 2 is not from the 360 gen,don't you mean Halo 3?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@tormentos: ummm, I hate to break it to you, but that's YOUR argument, not his.

SW is about comparing platforms and always has been. If PS and XBox and Nintendo are all the same thing now, simply from a different brand, then we just board the place up.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Gatygun

@tormentos said:
@Gatygun said:

Yeah you can pretend as well that the damn console market is divided in 3 damn markets it is stupid as deviding the PC market by OS or by GPU vendor.

Can you play all windows games on Linux? Or Mac?

The console market is 1 and you people can continue to pretend is not to suit your argument.

Fact is the console market is bigger,and i never claimed consoles had more developers,which is even more lol worthy as consoles with way less developers sell way more.

@zaryia said:
@Gatygun said:

Hahahahaa PC is more played than Motorola phones...

PC >>> Mobile...Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is your argument not mine.

No wonder u are so upset u lack some information about how things work in the PC market.

Games are not locked into GPU vendors, Every game on PC can be played by AMD or Nvidia. Without effort.

LInux is non existent and mac also when it comes to PC gaming. But even if u have a linux PC or a mac u can install windows perfectly fine and play PC games on it. The markets are not divided.

Consoles however that's a different story. U cannot play halo on a PS4 no matter how hard you try. U cannot play Uncharted on a Xbox or mario on there.

U cannot play PC games like league of legends on anno 1800 on a PS4. So that's also why they are divided.

Your statement is like saying, consoles are nintendo/microsoft/sony/pc/streaming market combined. Because u can also connect PC's towards your TV and play games on it. It's ridiculous. U can also say PC is basically every market combined including consoles / mobile / handheld etc as it all is playable on it. See how dumb that is?

I would not even call a switch on top of it a console as there revision of it isn't even connectable with a TV anymore. PC is more consolish at the end of the day then nintendo is specially with nvidia shield also being a thing ( if you want to argue about that ).

Then PC has practically the entire nintendo library playable, mobile playable, xbox library playable and even most sony's library playable through emulation or straight up ports.

Then it has its entire own industry with it with a huge player base that isn't going extinct by "generation jumps". I play 15 year old games still to this day without any problems as u can even emulate old windows through vmware if you want too.

Anyway i hope you learned something today.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

While this thread was amusing, but it looks like TC has abandon ship, no official PS5 specs has been reveal to even match PC hardware and this thread already hit rock bottom, it's best to lay this to rest.