Traded in the 360 today for a PS3.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OLDGAMER1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OLDGAMER1972
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

It was a tough choice but now that I have the PS3 hooked up I dont regret it. There may not be as many games out but they are comming and the quality of this machine is way better than the 360. I had my last RROD and figured I should trade up before MS lowers the price and I get less trade in value.

Picked up Rachet and clank and Uncharted. Tried em both and the seem great so far. Graphic wise they are both great but nothing I have not seen on the 360. But everything I have been reading about Metal Gear blowing Gears out of the water and lets face it Forza graphics were BAD and Gran Turismo's are great.

Seemed like the right choice. If anyone is thinking about it I say do it before MS drops they price and you get less trade in.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Nah, I'll keep both consoles. :)
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
You should never trade in a console. You got ripped off dude. You could have repaired the 360 for free and saved a bit more for a PS3. oh well.
Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts
ill keep both also and I would rather have only the 360 than just the PS3....so I hope ur happy with the choice
blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 blitzkid1
Member since 2008 • 3952 Posts

im happy im blessed with both.

MGS4/GTA4/Gears 2/ NG 2/ FF versus 13

ps3_4_eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ps3_4_eva
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

It was a tough choice but now that I have the PS3 hooked up I dont regret it. There may not be as many games out but they are comming and the quality of this machine is way better than the 360. I had my last RROD and figured I should trade up before MS lowers the price and I get less trade in value.

Picked up Rachet and clank and Uncharted. Tried em both and the seem great so far. Graphic wise they are both great but nothing I have not seen on the 360. But everything I have been reading about Metal Gear blowing Gears out of the water and lets face it Forza graphics were BAD and Gran Turismo's are great.

Seemed like the right choice. If anyone is thinking about it I say do it before MS drops they price and you get less trade in.

OLDGAMER1972

Hey man, congrats, and welcome to the PS family. As long as you are happy with your choice that's all that matters, and it seems that you are happy

sebs09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sebs09
Member since 2005 • 475 Posts

OLDGAMER1972

How much did you get for your 360?

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#8 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
I considered it at one point but after spending so much money in games/controllers for the 360, it would just be a waste. Just saving up money for the 80gig MGS bundle coming in June. Glad your happy with your decision though!
Droopeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Droopeh
Member since 2008 • 638 Posts
Who cares how much he got for his 360. It got the RROD, so it's worth a pile of monkey crap.

Microsoft, PLEASE fix your goddamn consoles!
LagSwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LagSwitch
Member since 2008 • 529 Posts
You made a good decision. Most of the AAA's coming out soon are multiplat anyways, so no loss.
teh_architect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 teh_architect
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Nah, I'll keep both consoles. :)BioShockOwnz

the only way to go...

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

What? And miss out on Ninja Gaiden 2, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Halo Wars, Splinter Cell 5, Too Human, Banjo Three, etc?

I mean, i know you will enjoy Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, MGS4, and some others....but why on Earth would you want to miss out on the above ?

girlpowerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 girlpowerz
Member since 2008 • 492 Posts

OLDGAMER1972

Good decision. As long as you feel you made the right decision though.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
ill keep all 3 lol yeah but my 360 never gets played after banjo 3 and gears i will probably get rid of it i just cant play it anymore after getting the ps3 and the wii the 360 is just meh
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
I have both consoles, but I hardly touch my 360 anymore.
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
Can't afford to own both huh? It's always sad to see people struggling.
tktosc666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tktosc666
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
good for you
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

OLDGAMER1972

Best decision of your life. Go pick up Heavenly Sword while your at it great game.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts
[QUOTE="OLDGAMER1972"]

-Renegade

Best decision of your life. Go pick up Heavenly Sword while your at it great game.

Instead of Warhawk? You are a bad Sony Fan :evil: Hs is like 5 hours long.
Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts

OLDGAMER1972

awesome dude. hows uncharted?

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts

Can't afford to own both huh? It's always sad to see people struggling.BreakingPoint8

i bet he could.. just was liek me and didnt want to put up with a poorly made console

BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts

[QUOTE="BreakingPoint8"]Can't afford to own both huh? It's always sad to see people struggling.Arsenal325

i bet he could.. just was liek me and didnt want to put up with a poorly made console

Hmm, I think I'd rather have both and not miss out on any games. But that's just me, never cried about my Playstation and Playstation 2 breaking on me, repeatedly.

If it's not your main console there's nothing negative that you would have to put up with. You buy and play exclusives, it doesn't get alot of strain so it more then likely wouldn't have any problems. If it were to break, you send it in and still have other platforms to use for the two weeks it takes for repair.

Minzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Minzero
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
Good for you... Really...
typevuspecII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 typevuspecII
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts
You've made the right choice! I replaced my Xbox 360 recently with a Wii... and a PS3 came soon after :D
ModernTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ModernTimes
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
If you traded it in at Gamestop you got screwed. Next time use Ebay.
Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts
I can see why you did. It's fustrating spending that much money on a console you KNOW is going to break on you. I'd still rather just have both though. Nothing will stop me from playing Ninja Gaiden 2, not even the prod issue microsoft is haveing.:)
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
lol ninja gaiden 2 is very missable so is fable and all the other exclusives this year, How ever Metal gear solid 4 cannot be missed, all gamers should play this masterpiece so everyone needs a ps3
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="OLDGAMER1972"]

-Renegade

yeah you must get that game:)

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#30 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Although I don't own either console they are both great. I would of kept the 360 but if mine kept RRODing on me then I would of probably made the same decision

Enjoy your PS3

Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Flexmaster_365
Member since 2006 • 1650 Posts
Wow what a fakeboy. He didnt trade his 360 no sane 360 owner would.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

9. Blog threads. You generally won't actually be moderated for these but your thread will be locked. Common examples of blog threads that will be locked here are "My 360 just got the RROD and now I want to tell the whole world about it", "I just traded my 360 for a PS3", or "I just bought a Wii." Fascinating as these are, they're best suited for your blog.

clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts

OLDGAMER1972

Good on u, as for me I own all 3 consoles but was kind of dissappointed with my xbox 360 because I play my consoles using a wireless router and when I found out I had to buy a seperate peace for my xbox 360 to play online wirelessly I was kind of dissappointed because my cousin said it was $99 for it and I had to get a gold membership for xbox live so I said the hell wit that, I already spent $400 on my xbox 360 along with halo 3 so I havent been online with it but played the campaign for halo 3 which was pretty good, but im still dissappointed that I have to spend more just to go online with my xbox 360 which I can go on free with my wii and ps3 for free.

clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts
[QUOTE="OLDGAMER1972"]

Arsenal325

awesome dude. hows uncharted?

Uncharted was amazing, if u havent plated that game it is well worth the money. I mean yes the game may be short but it has alot of replay value and playing it on harder difficulty's is a challenge but once u have conquered them, u will feel like u have achiieved alot in this game. Awesomeness mechanisms using the gears cover system and adding the weapons and close combat system along to go with some platofrming elements. The game is truelly an amazing expirience and hopefully they make a sequal.

E M I N 3 M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 E M I N 3 M
Member since 2002 • 2615 Posts

I'll keep both as well. You couldn't pay me to give up my X360. You know why? Cause im a gamer ;)

Im also a movie buff and that's where the PS3 comes into play :P

HarryCrackage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HarryCrackage
Member since 2004 • 1426 Posts
I have far too much invested into the system and there are far too many titles coming that I want for me to ever consider selling my 360. But to each his own.
leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts
I've thought about it many times, but i don't think i will. I always think back and realize the 360 has my taste of games. PS2 is great but i prefer the 360, the PS3 is awesome value and the games going for it are great but i still prefer the 360. I like WRPGS, FPS and sport games. The 360 has covered that for me. The exclusives for the PS3 this year are going to be good, but i only really like SOCOM and Resistance
TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
Not a good choice. Both consoles have some awesome games on the way.
Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jacboy71
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts

An old man trades in his 360 honestly who cares?

Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Flexmaster_365

An old man trades in his 360 honestly who cares?

Jacboy71

Cows as they graze the fields and look for the disturbances in the grass such as this...

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
We should start calling these threads the pasture, because the cows sure love grazing in them....
Flexmaster_365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Flexmaster_365

We should start calling these threads the pasture, because the cows sure love grazing in them....DXGreat1_HGL

Exactly and posting in a thread like this builds up their milk production, which leads to mandatory milkings.

prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts
you traded in a broken 360? :shock:
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"] We should start calling these threads the pasture, because the cows sure love grazing in them....Flexmaster_365

Exactly and posting in a thread like this builds up their milk production, which leads to mandatory milkings.

Anyone want a Dualshock 3, copy of GT Demo or a new HD to put all of those mandatory game uploads on?

Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

OLDGAMER1972

Well, my advice to tide you over till MGS would be CoD4, Burnout Paradise, DMC4 and UT3 :D