Towers - Impressive open world survival game

#1 Posted by BassMan (10218 posts) -

Just saw this over on PC Gamer. Looks really impressive and has a lot of potential.

https://www.pcgamer.com/towers-is-a-survival-game-with-big-monsters-and-bigger-ambitions/

#2 Edited by djoffer (1323 posts) -

Guessing it will be in beta for five years just like all the other shitty survival games...

#3 Posted by randomHALT (140 posts) -

I don't trust trailers for survival games anymore. That trailer looks dope but my guess is that it will never see the light of day, the systems in place will be very unpolished, or it won't look anything like the prototype. I'm interested, but nowhere near hyped.

#4 Posted by DaVillain- (36577 posts) -

Love the visuals in this game. Will be keeping an eye on Towers for sure.

#5 Posted by NoodleFighter (10254 posts) -

I made a thread on this a few weeks back. It is made by the former core developers of Hawken who were also former developers of the cancelled Intel game Project Offset.

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (51193 posts) -

Wow

#7 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6389 posts) -

Looks interesting from the art direction and graphics but open world survival games usually means poor story and characters with lots of bugs and performance issues and a empty environment with little to nothing to do in it, that said I will keep a eye on it.

#8 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31020 posts) -

This looks really good, thanks for sharing!

#9 Posted by Litchie (23897 posts) -

Looks impressive. So far a survival / crafting game have failed to not bore me after a short while, but this looks cool.

#10 Edited by remiks00 (3817 posts) -

I have to admit, this trailer was very intriguing.