TotalBiscuit R.I.P.

• 70 results
#1 Edited by IvanGrozny (830 posts) -

The famous youtuber PC gamer died at age 33. F*cking sad. I knew about his cancer, when he had announced it in 2014, but didn't expect him to actually die so soon. His youtube rants about PC ports were the best. He was a part of the old good days of SW; his videos had been quoted here.

https://www.pcgamer.com/game-critic-totalbiscuit-dies-at-age-33/

#2 Posted by JumpAction (6762 posts) -

R.I.P. TotalBiscuit. I didn't watch his videos but I understand he had a major impact for many gamers.

#4 Posted by Ten_Pints (3492 posts) -

Press 'f' to pay respects.

#5 Edited by KungfuKitten (25917 posts) -

Seriously? :(

I'm a fan of his work. Rest in peace. You were good to us, TB. :)

One heaven.

#6 Posted by NoodleFighter (9766 posts) -

I'm gonna miss him I use to watch his reviews all the time during the early 2010s/

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#7 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3083 posts) -

Cancer fucking sucks. RIP.

#8 Posted by GarGx1 (10412 posts) -

So sad, a big loss to the sensible voices in gaming.

R.I.P. you'll be missed.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#9 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27162 posts) -

Sad stuff. Life is precious. Try to remember that the next time you spend too much effort defending plastic machines and the games you play on them.

#10 Edited by Xabiss (2041 posts) -

That man put up one HELL OF A FIGHT. RIP!

#11 Posted by pyro1245 (4110 posts) -

F

R.I.P., TB

I respected you more than any other person on the internet. Give 'em hell.

#12 Posted by 360ru13r (1824 posts) -

His WTF series was the best. It was helpful for people like me who are waffling about a game.

#13 Posted by m_machine024 (15796 posts) -

I watched a couple videos. I thought he was alright. R.I.P. TB.

#14 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29174 posts) -

Always loved hearing his voice.

I also really liked him for his stance on PC gaming, he never really acted elitist about it.

Rip John Bain

#15 Posted by RyuRanVII (4257 posts) -

Total Biscuit was partly responsible for the indie "boom" back in late 2000s, the quality of PC ports we have today compared to a decade ago and he was also one of the reasons why we have Dark Souls and other japanese games on Steam. Thanks for everything!

R.I.P. He won't be forgotten.

#16 Posted by freedomfreak (50719 posts) -

Never cared about him because framerate computer talk bores me, but cancer sucks.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#17 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5485 posts) -

Never watched any of his videos, but still so sad to hear. A reminder of how precious life is. RIP.

#18 Edited by AzatiS (14969 posts) -

Rip

#19 Posted by BassMan (9298 posts) -

R.I.P. brother. He fought the good fight. He was about quality gaming and held developers/publishers accountable for broken games, poor optimization, micro-transactions and other shitty practices. We lost a good man.

#20 Edited by rafaelmsoares (655 posts) -

He sure left a mark on YT, his videos are AMAZING and some of the best reviews available for a lot of games. Sad to se him go so young, may he rest in peace.

#21 Posted by cainetao11 (35576 posts) -

Wow.......sad.........R.I.P.

#22 Edited by onesiphorus (2560 posts) -

Was it revealed what kind of cancer John Bain suffered from before he died?

Anyway, it is sad that he passed away. Until the day there is a cure for cancer, patients will continue to suffer and die from it.

#23 Posted by BassMan (9298 posts) -

@onesiphorus said:

Was it revealed what kind of cancer John Bain suffered from before he died?

Anyway, it is sad that he passed away. Until the day there is a cure for cancer, patients will continue to suffer and die from it.

He had bowel cancer if I remember correctly.

#24 Posted by hiphops_savior (8463 posts) -

F

#25 Posted by QuadKnight (12918 posts) -

I wasn’t really a fan but RIP nonetheless. Cancer fucking sucks.

#26 Posted by Sancho_Panzer (419 posts) -

Must have spent hundreds of hours listening to him talking about games and the state of the industry. This really sucks.

RIP

#27 Posted by freedom01 (3270 posts) -

Rest in Peace,
still young also :(
F Cancer.

#28 Posted by GameboyTroy (9122 posts) -

R.I.P

#29 Posted by kyacat (4367 posts) -

Not fair Total biscuit was awesome and he will be miss by gamers

#30 Posted by Alucard_Prime (9795 posts) -

Never listened to him but he seemed to be one of the good guys....RIP

#31 Posted by Sushiglutton (6933 posts) -

Very, very sad :(. He was an amazing critic. His WTF was so far above anything else. I loved how TB focused on mechanics and his thinking was always so crystal clear. Anyway I guess we will not see anyone as smart or articulate in years commenting on games. Big loss, will be missed!

#32 Posted by so_hai (3813 posts) -

Cancer is the worst malware of all.

#33 Posted by Dark_sageX (3228 posts) -

Its scary to think that you can get terminal cancer at the extremely young age of 33.

#34 Posted by Ballroompirate (26007 posts) -

I didn't like the guy (he was a prick), but damn no one deserves to go out like that.

Cancer is a ***** and needs to go away.

#35 Posted by foxhound_fox (97459 posts) -

4 years after getting a cancer diagnosis is a lot of extra time (depending on the type).

And unfortunately, many people have to get a terminal illness to truly appreciate the little life they get.

@Dark_sageX said:

Its scary to think that you can get terminal cancer at the extremely young age of 33.

I'm surprised there isn't more atheists in a world where toddlers get leukemia.

#36 Posted by JasonOfA36 (952 posts) -

RIP, old bean.

Off-topic-ish: Some dicks from Bioware are openly celebrating his death.

#37 Posted by onesiphorus (2560 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

I didn't like the guy (he was a p***k), but d**n no one deserves to go out like that.

Cancer is a ***** and needs to go away.

Are you basing John Bain on his public persona (as TotalBiscuit on Youtube) and not his private one? He can be two different people, one the public knows of and the other the private family man who lost his battle with cancer.

#38 Posted by LuxuryHeart (979 posts) -

My heart goes out to his family, but let's not forget that he was a horrible person. Just because someone dies, does not mean that we have to gloss over the horrible things they have done.

#39 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18577 posts) -

@luxuryheart: what horrible stuff has he ever done? Youre a horrible person

#40 Posted by pyro1245 (4110 posts) -

@luxuryheart: Wow that's messed up. What makes you say he is a horrible person? What a horrible thing for you to say.

#41 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1450 posts) -

I don't get it....

Other than the top twitter post , what is so bad about the latter stuff?

Anita Sarkeesian was a con artist.... they don't tend to be treated nicely.

She didn't like/play video games (caught on camera admitting), caught on camera at "how to make money out of people" conference .... and grabbed money out of impresionable "gamer girls" to make videos... that she was already making... while ... quoting wikipedia.

Nothing he said was out of line, he was blunt about it maybe.

The far-left media has lost a lot of ground since those days..... more people are aware that people hide behind this stuff to get a free pass out of thier situation.

@luxuryheart said:

My heart goes out to his family, but let's not forget that he was a horrible person. Just because someone dies, does not mean that we have to gloss over the horrible things they have done.

#42 Edited by IvanGrozny (830 posts) -

@luxuryheart:So he got into a internet argument or he defended Gamersgate, nothing of that makes him a horrible person. These millennials always with their overreactions and exaggerations - if someone got into fight with you or anybody else on internet, that person doesn't deserve to die of cancer. Just saying. There are much worse stuff happening in the world. The world doesn't spin around your hurt feelings.

#43 Edited by uninspiredcup (28581 posts) -

Not surprised the spineless left and hack devs use the opportunity now that he's dead.

In a 1/1 debate he's probably destroy them.

Utterly pathetic, but expected.

#44 Edited by IvanGrozny (830 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

Not surprised the spineless left and hack devs use the opportunity now that he's dead.

It's disturbing that internet people nowadays have no empathy or forgiveness in their hearts. Taking their petty arguments over internet so seriously, without pausing to realize that a young man just died in the real world. The young man who lived his last 3 years fighting a deadly illness. The young man who had to come to peace with the inevitability of his own departure. The young man who found out his days had been counted. I would never wish to someone to know the date of his death. The mental anguish of it must have been brutal.

#45 Posted by uninspiredcup (28581 posts) -
@ivangrozny said:
@uninspiredcup said:

It's disturbing that internet people nowadays have no empathy or forgiveness in their hearts. Taking their petty arguments over internet so seriously, without pausing to realize that a young man just died in the real world. The young man who lived his last 3 years fighting a deadly illness. The young man who had to come to peace with the inevitability of his own departure. The young man who found out his days had been counted. I would never wish to someone to know the date of his death. The mental anguish of it must have been brutal.

He's probably seen all the praise and love he's getting, which he doesn't get.

#46 Posted by JasonOfA36 (952 posts) -

@luxuryheart said:

That's horrible?

Anyway, he openly apologized for the cancer tweets. And FFS, that was 9 years ago. You've done or said worse crap than that.

#47 Edited by uninspiredcup (28581 posts) -
@kali-b1rd said:

I don't get it....

Other than the top twitter post , what is so bad about the latter stuff?

Anita Sarkeesian was a con artist.... they don't tend to be treated nicely.

She didn't like/play video games (caught on camera admitting), caught on camera at "how to make money out of people" conference .... and grabbed money out of impresionable "gamer girls" to make videos... that she was already making... while ... quoting wikipedia.

Nothing he said was out of line, he was blunt about it maybe.

The far-left media has lost a lot of ground since those days..... more people are aware that people hide behind this stuff to get a free pass out of thier situation.

@luxuryheart said:

More to the point, literally everyone says dumb shit at some point.

Waving around a few select tweets of a man who's not even in the ground in shitty attempts to paint him as "evil", makes YOU the asshole, in case they haven't figured it out.

#48 Posted by mumunaro (90 posts) -

Wow trying to drag a dead mans name thru the mud over a long dead non issue? About fucking games?

Thats dipshit behaviour that cannot even be excused by "its just internet being internet" excuse. At least he stated his views publicly and not even hiding his identity while you are worse than the most cowardly scum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
#49 Edited by deactivated-5b19214ec908b (25072 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Not just the left, he's hated by the right as well.

People on both sides kept trying to claim him for themselves and when they realised he's an individual with his own thoughts and opinions they took that as a personal insult and betrayal.

#50 Posted by DocSanchez (4876 posts) -
@luxuryheart said:

Don't fucking lie. Your heart does not go out to his family. Don't pretend you care about them. You only said that because you knew what you were about to say was bloody awful.

Let's be frank, when someones body of work has been overwhelmingly positive yet people dig deep to find smatters of dirt going back a decade ago (that's the cancer tweet, I will criticise con artists like Anita and Jack Thompson all day) that merely betrays the fact that they aren't very good people themselves.

If you judge everyone, anyone, by how they were at their worst, isolated incidents, every single person is, what was it you called him? A "horrible person"? You could get me on that, I could get you on that. No one is perfect, no one is close. It's pointless. TB was a good man, and choosing the time of his death to come out and pick whispers of wrongthink makes *you* the bad person.