Tech insights link
Tech insights were so nice to tear down a PS4 revealing the following:
- SCEI (Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.) CXD90026G SoC (includes AMD "Jaguar" Cores and AMD Radeon Graphics GPU)
- Samsung K4G41325FC-HC03 4 Gb (512 MB) GDDR5 SGRAM (total of 16 x 512 MB = 8 GB)
- SCEI CXD90025G
- Samsung K4B2G1646E-BCK0 2Gb DDR3 SDRAM
- Macronix MX25L25635FMI 256Mb Serial Flash Memory
- Marvell 88EC120-BNS2060-NNB2 Ethernet Controller
- SCEI 1328KM476
- Genesys Logic GL3520 USB 3.0 Hub Controller
- International Rectifier 3585B N326P IC2X
- TI 53123A 2AK64 D756
I'm glad it changed around for them since last gen.
Not sure if this has been posted yet. I thought it was interesting enough to share.
Topic can be closed, story has been debunked. Sony makes a minor loss on each console.