Top 50 Greatest Games Ever!! As voted by the critics and YOU!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

It's been 36 years since Pong gave birth to an entirely new form of gaming entertainment. We've had polls before about the best game of various genres (RPGs, Racers, Fighters, Star Wars, Shooter), the most Badass character, the Hottest game babe. We've had our own best game of 2007, 2006, and even the best game of the last generation (another congratulations to GTA III for that prestigious victory).

Now I'm taking this contest to a whole new level, in what will be the biggest contest poll ever for best Game, as voted on by System Wars. But this isn't just to determine the best game of 2008. It isn't even just for the best game of this generation. I'm not stopping there.

This is the poll for the Greatest Game of ALL Time. That's right, this will be the Battle Royal for which game of any platform, any year, any generation, is the very Best of the Best from all the games we've had to date.

This will go on for 4 weeks, the cut off date being Fri Jan 30. You can list any 10 games you'd like to nominate as your favourite. But there's an extra twist this time around. The winner isn't decided solely by the number of votes. The games will be scored by correlating popularity to the media consensus of merit. That is to say, points calculated by the number of votes to score rankings as determined by Gamerankings. Here's the break down;

A or less – 1 point
AA – 2 points
AAA – 3 points
Being on GR Top 20 – 4 points

As an example, if say SoulCalibur II gets 70 votes, multiplied by its 3 point value, it has a total score of 210. At the end of this contest I'll list the games with the top 20 highest scores on that criteria, which will also give us the Greatest Game of All Time.

The Golden Rule – NO Bashing!!!

This is the most important rule of this contest. Bashing of any kind will not be tolerated. Not towards any title, any series, any platform, any developer, or any brand. No comments about game this sucking, series that flopping, System-X has no good games, or disparaging any other posters selections. Yes, this may be System Wars but keep the bashing out of this thread! Breaking this rule will result in the forfeiture of your ballot.

The Other Rules

* You may nominate up to 10 games, less if you prefer, but no more than 10
* You can only nominate a particular game once
* Your nominations can only be from any generation of the post crash era (NES and onward)
* You may change your nominations at any time up to the cut off date (edit your choices in original post)
* Only games released by the end of 2008 are eligible
* Only members Level 3 and over may vote. The reason as most have surmised is a counter measure to anyone creating alt accounts to try and pad a game's score. I realize some newcomers here will be left out and I am genuinely sorry. But I feel that for the integrity of this contest, this rule is imperative.

IMPORTANT RULE UPDATE - 3rd Gen Games

There has been an issue brought up concerning games from the 1st generation after the crash as there's no accurate scoring source. Assigning a default 2 point value seemd like the most reasonable middle ground compromise going by difference of standards. But I now present a solution for evaluating the gems of that era from the ones not so memorable. And that last word was the key to it all, the really successful titles had gone on to have successful sequels, while the less memorable titles faded away. So the NEW RULE pertaining specifically to NES and Master System games;

A game that saw only a single iteration - 1 point
A game that had more than one title in the same generation - 2 points
A game that had sequels spanning outside it's original generation - 3 points

This should help balance things out better and give those much much older titles that shined in their day more of a fighting chance.

And so here we are, and from the vast treasury of gaming history, which will come out on top? 2D or 3D? Old school or cinematic immersion? How will the games of yesterday hold up to the newest technological wonders? Now we'll find out!

======

And finally, here are the results for the Top 50 Greatest Games of All Time :D

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AdobeArtist  Moderator

UPDATES, RULINGS, AND FAQS POST

Why Gameranking and not Gamespot scores?

I thought I'd address what is sure to be a disputed issue for this contest. We all know the standing rule; "Only Gamespot scores count". Though this seems to pertain mainly in determining flops which is one of the primary components of the game that is System Wars. But this being about the greatest game of all time, covering all generations, the scope of this is too big to go by just one site.

* So the first main reason is to go with a scoring system that encompasses a majority consensus which seems more balanced.
* Gamerankings also has their Top 20 list of all scored games, which in itself is reflective of games that received 10's from numerous sources, and is my criteria for the elite top ranking of this contest scoring system.
* Also GS scores only covers games from the past two generations and Gamerankings covers games going as far back as SNES

-

Important Reminders

* Although this is the Greatest Game of All Time contest, with a lack of scoring from anything in the pre-crash era, only games from NES and onwards are eligible
* You can ONLY nominate 10 games. I'm still seeing some people post more than one game in 1 slot (MGS all of them, FF 3 and 6, etc...) If you want to nominate more than 1 game of a series, each has to have their own slot, no sharing allowed as that has your ballot to more than the 10 game limit. IF THESE NOMINATIONS AREN'T CORRECTED, THEY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!!
* There is a case ruling allowing for Orange Box to be nominated. I reasoned that it is a scored game, is for some people their first entry into the Valve universe, and would be unfair to dismiss it from the GR Top 20 listing. But with that in mind, you can only nominate Orange Box OR each game seperately, but not both. This can't be used as a loophole to vote for a game twice.
* I did also look up that there was a package game for Mortal Kombat Trilogy (PS1, N64, Saturn) so this will also be allowed, but again, either the Trilogy OR each game individually. NOT both.
* Just a friendly reminder, be kind and spell out your nominations. I'd like to think I know every single title out there, but I don't :lol: Abbreviations can lead to confusion and miscounted tallies. I'm sure typing out 10 full names won't lead to carpal tunnel syndrome for anyone :P

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AdobeArtist  Moderator
And without further ado, here are my nominations :)

Knights of the Old Republic
Mass Effect
Halo: CE
Tomb Raider
SoulCalibur II
Gears of War 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Castlevania IV
Final Fantasy II (US SNES numbering)
Zelda: Link to the Past
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

1)Super Mario Bros 3

2)Shadow of the Colossus

3)Zelda: A Link to the Past

4)Metal Gear Solid 1

5)Metal Gear Solid 3

6)Half Life 1

7)Half Life 2

8 )Final Fantasy VI

9)Final Fantasy VII

10)Symphony of the Night

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AdobeArtist  Moderator
hmmmm... I think I'm going to have to ask all submissions be fully spelled out. We wouldn't want any mistakes as to the identities of the acronyms, now would we? :)
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Best games, IMO of course:

1) Final Fantasy Tactics (Actually, War of the Lions, only for the improvements, but its the same game)

2) Super Mario Bros 1

3) Super Mario Bros 3

4) Punch-out

5) BioShock

6) Call of Duty 4

7) The Orange Box (such a gaming value)

8 ) GTA IV

9) Halo 3

10) NFL 2K5

I think that this list is sufficient. I know I forgot some, and included a few I am iffy about, but close enough.
Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
1. Diablo II 2. Pokemon Yellow 3. Super Mario Bros 3 4. World of Warcraft 5. Counterstrike 6. Animal Crossing 7. Starcraft 8. Warcraft II 9. Arcanum 10. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts
And in no order MGS4 MSS3 MGS2 MGS1 FFVII FFX SOTC ICO HALO 1 Uncharted
MuereLoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MuereLoco
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

This will go on for 4 weeks, the cut off date being Fri Jan 30. You can list any 10 games you'd like to nominate as your favourite. But there's an extra twist this time around. The winner isn't decided solely by the number of votes. The games will be scored by correlating popularity to the media consensus of merit. That is to say, points calculated by the number of votes to score rankings as determined by Gamerankings. Here's the break down;

A or less – 1 point
AA – 2 points
AAA – 3 points

As an example, if say SoulCalibur II gets 70 votes, multiplied by its 3 point value, it has a total score of 210. At the end of this contest I'll list the games with the top 10 highest scores on that criteria, which will also give us the Greatest Game of All Time.
AdobeArtist

...Can't say I understand what you're trying to say there, but here are my nominations:

1. OoT

2. Banjo-Kazooie

3. GoldenEye

4. SMB3

5. Donkey Kong Country 3

6. Super Mario 64

7. Resident Evil 4

8. Ratchet and Clank: UYA

9. Banjo-Tooie

10. AoE: Age of Kings

whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
Lets see 1. KOTOR 2.Super Mario World 3.Halo 4.Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge 5.Ninja Gaiden 6.Mass Effect 7.Baldurs Gate 2 8.Zelda A Link To The Past 9.Resident Evil 4 10.GTA:San Andreas
MigElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MigElite
Member since 2004 • 1304 Posts

1.- Tales Of Symphonia

2.- Halo

3.- Resident Evil 4

4.- Golden Sun

5.- Dead Space

6.- Mass Effect

7.- Megaman X3

8.- Paper Mario

9.- Jet Force Gemini

10.- Ninja Gaiden Black

blue_phazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blue_phazon
Member since 2006 • 951 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Metroid Prime

Rock band 2

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Resident Evil 4

Halo 3

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Super Mario Bros. 3

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

Metal Gear 2,

Metal Gear Solid,

Zelda Ocarina of Time,

Zelda A Link to the Past,

Super Mario 64,

GTA3,

Shadow of the Colossus,

Resident Evil,

Goldeneye,

Golden Sun 2

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

A or less – 1 point
AA – 2 points
AAA – 3 points

As an example, if say SoulCalibur II gets 70 votes, multiplied by its 3 point value, it has a total score of 210. At the end of this contest I'll list the games with the top 10 highest scores on that criteria, which will also give us the Greatest Game of All Time.
MuereLoco

...Can't say I understand what you're trying to say there, but here are my nominations:

1. OoT

2. Banjo-Kazooie

3. GoldenEye

4. SMB3

5. Donkey Kong Country 3

6. Super Mario 64

7. Resident Evil 4

9. ummmm...

10. See 9

As I illustrated in my example. SoulCal II is a AAA game by gamerankings, so is attributed a 3 point value. If it gets 70 votes (by hypothetical example), it's score is 70 x 3 = 210 points. A list of the games with the top 10 highest scores will be compiled, and of course from that, greatest game ever. And thanks for your contribution. If you can think of 2 other games later on (up till Jan 30) just edit your original post :)

Mastergamer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mastergamer27
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts

1. Half-Life 2

2. Battlefield 2

3. Need For Speed II

4. Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

5. Metal Gear Solid 4

6. Super Mario Bros. 1

7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

8. Resident Evil 4

9. Star Wars Jedi Outcacst: Jedi Knight II

10. Super Mario Galaxy

:D

Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts

1. Super Mario Bros. 3

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

4. Metal Gear Solid

5. Final Fantasy VI

6. Perfect Dark

7. The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

8. Super Metroid

9. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

10. Super Mario 64

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Well we only need to nominate 10 and not have to give them ordering numbers right? Therefore:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots

Shenmue II

Final Fantasy VII

The Longest Journey

Curse of Monkey Island

Half Life 2

Super Mario 64

Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Star Ocean 2

Edit: First edit :P

Avatar image for RandomWarrior69
RandomWarrior69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 RandomWarrior69
Member since 2007 • 1649 Posts
Gears of War 2 Left 4 Dead Fallout 3 Super Mario Galaxy Halo : Combat Evolved Knights of the Old Republic Super Smash Bros Brawl Banjo -Tooie Pokemon Pearl Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts
1. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
2. StarCraft
3. Unreal Tournament 2004
4. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
5. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
6. Sid Meier's Civilization III
7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
8. Pikmin 2
9. Metroid Prime (of course :P)
10. Mass Effect
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts

1. Ninja Gaiden

2. RE4

3. MGS4

4. FFXIII

5. ICO

6. Soul Calibur II

7. SotC

8. FFVII

9. LoZ OoT

10. Super Mario Bros 3

Troqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Troqe
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

1.Rayman (for the PS1 not the one for the wii about rabbits)

2. God of War 2

3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

4. Pokemon Blue

5. Ratchet & Clank

6. Super Mario Galaxy

7. Resident Evil 4

8. Grand Theft Auto IV

9. Jak 3

10.Little Big Planet

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AdobeArtist  Moderator

1. Diablo II 2. Pokemon Yellow 3. Super Mario Bros 3 4. World of Warcraft 5. Counterstrike 6. Animal Crossing 7. Starcraft 8. Warcraft II 9. Arcanum 10. Mortal Kombat TrilogyRigga911

Thanks for posting your ballot. Buuuuut, on a tiny little detail here, gonna have to pick just ONE game from the MK trilogy. We're also going by game scores rankings here. If you like, just pick the one with the highest score :)

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 micky4889
[QUOTE="MuereLoco"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

A or less – 1 point
AA – 2 points
AAA – 3 points

AdobeArtist

1. OoT

2. Banjo-Kazooie

3. GoldenEye

4. SMB3

5. Donkey Kong Country 3

6. Super Mario 64

7. Resident Evil 4

9. ummmm...

10. See 9

As I illustrated in my example. SoulCal II is a AAA game by gamerankings, so is attributed a 3 point value. If it gets 70 votes (by hypothetical example), it's score is 70 x 3 = 210 points. A list of the games with the top 10 highest scores will be compiled, and of course from that, greatest game ever. And thanks for your contribution. If you can think of 2 other games later on (up till Jan 30) just edit your original post :)

I think you should also include 1 decimal place for a more accurate sore since games like Uncharted , R&C,Forza,Left 4 Dead just to name a few all got 89.9x% and to only give these games a multiplier of 2 will not make for good results eg. SoulCal II is a AAA (90%) game by gamerankings, so is attributed a 3 point value. If it gets 70 votes ( 70 x 3 = 210 points ) Forza is (89%) so if it gets 70 votes ( 70 x 2.9 = 203 ) where as with your method it would only be (70 x 2 = 140 )
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AdobeArtist  Moderator
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

micky4889

I think you should also include 1 decimal place for a more accurate sore since games like Uncharted , R&C,Forza,Left 4 Dead just to name a few all got 89.9x% and to only give these games a multiplier of 2 will not make for good results eg. SoulCal II is a AAA (90%) game by gamerankings, so is attributed a 3 point value. If it gets 70 votes ( 70 x 3 = 210 points ) Forza is (89%) so if it gets 70 votes ( 70 x 2.9 = 203 ) where as with your method it would only be (70 x 2 = 140 )

I could consider rounding the decimals up or down. .6 round up, .5 round down. I'll think about it.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts

Hmmm....

Pokemon Silver

Metal Gear Solid 3

Banjo-Tooie

Chrono Trigger

Donkey Kong Country

Halo

Metroid Prime

Ninja Gaiden (xbox)

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Viewtiful Joe 2 (probably only vote this series will get :P)

I gotta hand it to you, Adobe, this is a pretty genius poll.

ShaneBeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 ShaneBeck
Member since 2005 • 10511 Posts
Okami - PS2/Wii

Mother 3 - GBA (Japan only)

Earthbound - SNES

Dragon Quest VIII - PS2

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - GC

Final Fantasy IV - SNES

Super Mario Bros. 3 - NES

Resident Evil 4 - GC

Super Mario World - SNES

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - N64
blazndragon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blazndragon0
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
1) Final Fantasy 7 2) Final Fantasy 8 3) Final Fantasy 9 4) Final Fantasy 10 5) Chrono Trigger 6) Starcraft 7) Diablo 2 8) Kingdom Hearts 9) Kingdom Hearts 2 10) Metal Gear Solid 4 *Question, Do remakes and expansions count as the same thing? (ie. Chrono Trigger and Starcraft [Broodwar] )
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Yoshi's Island
Vagrant Story
Secret of Mana
Super Mario World
Okami
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

Thats all I got for now

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Hm I guess I will go with these(the list it not in order, do they have to be?).

Super Mario 64
Super Mario Galaxy
Half Life
Portal
Super Mario Bros 3 (GBA version)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA version)
Metroid Prime
Shadow of the Colossus
Super Metroid (VC version)
Prince of Persia (2008 )

honorable mentions: Kingdom Hearts, Legand of Zelda OoT, Bioshock, Professor Layton, The World Ends With You, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Paper Mario, Pokemon Gold, Final Fantasy VIII, Mario Kart DS.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#30 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Oh... let's see here. This takes careful thought and the thing is, my opinion changes so much. Greatest games that I have played... alright here we go (in no particular order):

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  3. Shadow of the Colossus
  4. Kingdom Hearts 2
  5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  6. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  7. Final Fantasy IX
  8. Fable 2
  9. Lost Odyssey
  10. Final Fantasy VII

The honorable mentions

• Metroid Prime
  • Halo 1, 2, & 3
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma
  • Final Fantasy X & XII
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Half-Life 2
  • Super Smash Bros Melee
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AdobeArtist  Moderator

1) Final Fantasy 7 2) Final Fantasy 8 3) Final Fantasy 9 4) Final Fantasy 10 5) Chrono Trigger 6) Starcraft 7) Diablo 2 8) Kingdom Hearts 9) Kingdom Hearts 2 10) Metal Gear Solid 4 *Question, Do remakes and expansions count as the same thing? (ie. Chrono Trigger and Starcraft [Broodwar] )blazndragon0

I think we'll have to keep this to the base games, as the expansions are just that, extra content to the main game that isn't complete or playable on its own. As for remakes, are you talking things like Tomb Raider Anniversary? Well since it's a complete self contained game, I guess those can be nominated, but not both the original and the remake, just one or the other. Which ever you think is better.

agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

1)Diablo 2

2)Age of Empires II

3)MGS3: Subsistence

4)KotOR

5)Civ IV

6)Fallout 2

7)Planescape: Torment

8 )Bioshock

9)Crysis

10)God of War 2

I suspect OoT will win this in a landslide, especially because of the multiplier. Still, I don't think anyone can complain about that.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
1. Super Metroid (no one ever votes for this masterpiece) 2. Zelda WindWaker 3. Metroid Prime 4. Super Mario Bros 3 5. Zelda Ocarina of Time 6. GTA San Andreas 7. Super Mario 64 8. Resident Evil: Code Veronica 9. Rise Of Nations 10. Ninja Gaiden 2
blazndragon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blazndragon0

[QUOTE="blazndragon0"]1) Final Fantasy 7 2) Final Fantasy 8 3) Final Fantasy 9 4) Final Fantasy 10 5) Chrono Trigger 6) Starcraft 7) Diablo 2 8) Kingdom Hearts 9) Kingdom Hearts 2 10) Metal Gear Solid 4 *Question, Do remakes and expansions count as the same thing? (ie. Chrono Trigger and Starcraft [Broodwar] )AdobeArtist

I think we'll have to keep this to the base games, as the expansions are just that, extra content to the main game that isn't complete or playable on its own. As for remakes, are you talking things like Tomb Raider Anniversary? Well since it's a complete self contained game, I guess those can be nominated, but not both the original and the remake, just one or the other. Which ever you think is better.

I was talking like Chrono Trigger SNES vs. Chrono Trigger DS but I guess essentially, they are the same thing. Ok thanks I understand :)
Thinker_reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Thinker_reborn
Member since 2008 • 676 Posts

Considering the changes in gaming media over the years,as soon as you brought in gamerankings for the best game of ALL time,things just fail right there.But then it got ridiculous..

AdobeArtist

Is there really any difference between game no. 20 and 21 that their merit is going to be differentiated so hugely?:?

This way it can never work.What is a much better thing to do is to subtract the games overall ranking no. from it's votes like if halo 3 has 80 votes and is at no. 40 at gamerankings then it's score will be 40.

* Since games of the 3rd gen (NES, Sega MS) aren't listed in GR, any nomination will be given a default 2 point value

AdobeArtist

Wow are you serious?Again this is the greatest game of all time.You are just assuming that games like the original super mario,sonic etc are all AA games.:|

With this system those games have almost no chance of winning which just destroys the purpose of finding the greatest game of "all" time.

I understand that it's not possible to have a really accurate way of determining the greatest game of all time and I appreciate the effort you have put in but this is just thouroughly flawed.This thread needs to be locked and a new scheme devised for this contest.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts
Metal Gear Solid
Starcraft
Warcraft III
Diablo II
Baldur's Gate II
Final Fantasy IX
Resident Evil 4
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Chrono Trigger
Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts

In no order

1: Zelda: OoT (N64)

2: Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

3: Super Mario RPG: LotSS (SNES)

4: Metroid Prime (GCN)

5: Resident Evil 4 (GCN)

6: Halo (XBOX)

7: Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

8: Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance (GCN)

9: Super Mario 64 (N64)

10: Rock N' Roll Racing (SNES)

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

In no particular order

1. Halo 3
2. Diablo II
3. Pathways into Darkness
4. Shadow of the Colossus
5. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
6. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
8. Civilization IV
9. Pokemon Red Version
10. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

EDIT: There seems to be a varied selection of games, which is good. This is looking good so far Adobe.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AdobeArtist  Moderator

I was talking like Chrono Trigger SNES vs. Chrono Trigger DS but I guess essentially, they are the same thing. Ok thanks I understand :)blazndragon0

Ahhh, so you were really talking about ports. The same example could be drawn with Bioshock going from 360 to PS3. And since they are the exact same game, it's just another multiplat. This contest is looking at the game itself, regardless of system. In most cases they'll have the same score rank anyway, but in the rare chance of a disparity, I'll use the higher score.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 micky4889
[QUOTE="micky4889"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

I could consider rounding the decimals up or down. .6 round up, .5 round down. I'll think about it.

Well you do need to do something since the system you have in place makes it near impossible for any AA game to win since it would have to get 34% more votes then the AAA

( im not talking about a low end AA game here im talking about a game that gets 85%-89% but yet has to get 34% more votes then a game that scores 90% )

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

1 Starcraft

2 Knights of the Old Republic

3 Oot

4 Halo:Ce

5 Half Life 1

6 GTA 3/VC

7 Super Mario Bros

8 Counter Strike

9 Sword Caliber

10 Doom

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#42 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

1) Flashback: The Quest for Identity

2) Super Mario Bros. 3

3) Street Fighter II

4) Abe's Exoddus

5) Broken Sword/Circle of Blood

6) Shadow of the Colossus

7) Halo: Combat Evolved

8 ) System Shock 2

9) Half-Life

10) Shenmue II

blazndragon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blazndragon0
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"][QUOTE="blazndragon0"]

I was talking like Chrono Trigger SNES vs. Chrono Trigger DS but I guess essentially, they are the same thing. Ok thanks I understand :)

Ahhh, so you were really talking about ports. The same example could be drawn with Bioshock going from 360 to PS3. And since they are the exact same game, it's just another multiplat. This contest is looking at the game itself, regardless of system. In most cases they'll have the same score rank anyway, but in the rare chance of a disparity, I'll use the higher score.

Indeed I was talking about ports then :P Thanks for clearing it up.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

1) Flashback: The Quest for Identity

2) Super Mario Bros. 3

3) Street Fighter II

4) Abe's Exoddus

5) Broken Sword/Circle of Blood

6) Shadow of the Colossus

7) Halo: Combat Evolved

8 ) System Shock 2

9) Half-Life

10) Team Fortress

FrozenLiquid
Oh I reme,ber flashback, I even have it for my Snes, such an awesome game... but Out of this world is better IMO :P
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

This is the poll for the Greatest Game of ALL Time. That's right, this will be the Battle Royal for which game of any platform, any year, any generation, is the very Best of the Best from all the games we've had to date.AdobeArtist

* Your nominations can only be from any generation of the post crash era (NES and onward)AdobeArtist

Only "post crash era" but can be from "any platform, any year, any generation"? So can I nominate Pathways into Darkness, which came out on the Mac back in 1993? Its has no written reviews that I know of.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#46 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

1. Metal Gear Solid 4

2. Half Life 2

3. Half Life

4. Metal Gear Solid 3

5. Socom

6. Dead Space

7.Doom

8. Postal

9. GTA3

10. Metal Gear Solid

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#47 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
  1. Half-Life (PC - 1998.)
  2. Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox - 2001)
  3. Age of Empire 2: Age of Kings (PC - 1999)
  4. Command and Conquer 95 (PC - 1995)
  5. Civilizations IV (PC - 2004)
  6. GTAIII (PS2 - 2001)
  7. Perfect Dark (N64 - 2000)
  8. Goldeneye 007 (N64 - 1997)
  9. Super Mario World (SNES - 1991)
  10. Metroid Prime (Gamecube - 2002)
Thinker_reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Thinker_reborn
Member since 2008 • 676 Posts

Why are people voting?:|

This is a horribly flawed way of doing this.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
1 ) Crysis 2 ) Half Life 2 3 ) Fallout 2 4 ) Left 4 Dead 5 ) Baldur's Gate 2 6 ) Zelda OOT 7 ) The Witcher Enhanced Edition 8 ) Zelda: A Link To The Past 9 ) Diablo 2 10 ) Deus Ex
rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

1) Zelda: Ocarina of time (n64)

2) Super Mario World (SNES)

3) Final Fantasy 7 (Playstation)