Top 50 Best selling videogames of the Amazon Prime Day sales.

• 57 results
#1 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bs_pg_1?_encoding=UTF8&pg=1

Interesting results, maybe subject to change but as of now here are the results:

Top Consoles

1. #5 Playstatoin Classic

2. #9 Turbo Grapix 16 mini

3. #13 PS4 Pro 1TB

4. #14 PS4 1TB Spiderman/HZD bundle

5. #15 Nintendo Switch: neon red and blue joy-con

6. #17 Xbox One SAD + phantom white controller

7. #18 PS4 Pro 1TB Days Gone/GoW bundle

8. #19 PS4 1TB

9. #20 PS4 Pro 1TB Spiderman/HZD bundle

10. #21 Nintendo Switch: neon red and blue joy-com

11. #48 Nintendo Switch: Grey joy-con

Top Games

1. #2 Pokemon Let's Go: N Switch

2. #3 Spiderman: PS4

3. #4 Horizon Zero Dawn: PS4

4. #6 Kingdom Hearts 3: PS4

5. #7 God of War: PS4

6. #8 Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy: N Switch

7. #23 Smash Bros Ultimate: N Switch

8. #26 Zelda BoTW: N Switch

9. #27 Days Gone: PS4

10. #28 Mario Kart 8 Delux: N Switch

11. #29 Spiro Reignited Trology: PS4

12. #33 Fire Emblem Three Houses: N Switch

13. #36 Super Mario Maker 2: N Switch

14. #40 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: N Switch

15. #42 Lego Marvel Collection: PS4

16. #43 Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Battle: N Switch

17. #49 Kingdom Harts 3: Xbox One

18. #50 Call of Duty Black Ops 4: PS4

Consoles By brand

# of Playstation consoles in Top 50: 6

# of Nintendo consoles in Top 50: 3

# of Xbox consoles in Top 50: 1

# of Other consoles in Top 50: 1

Games by brand

# of Top 50 Games on Playstation: 8

# of Top 50 Games on Nintendo: 9

# of Top 50 Games on Xbox: 1

I found it interesting that people went for the xbox one SAD instead of the S with an Ultra HD drive. Perhaps people are confused by MS's convoluted wording on their systems?

Also even though the X was going for less than the PS4 Pro (at $362.86) didn't make the list.

#2 Posted by Heirren (2221 posts) -

@boxrekt:

Nice try lol but im going to side with the pc gamers on this one. PC games have their own sorts of sales.

#3 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@heirren said:

@boxrekt:

Nice try lol but im going to side with the pc gamers on this one. PC games have their own sorts of sales.

This is just to report the results of the sales. Nothing more. PC wasn't apart of the equation here.

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (39180 posts) -

We're back to amazon threads now?

#5 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@MonsieurX said:

As the OP states, this is for the Prime Days Sale that just passed, and this thread is focused on the top 50 best sellers in consoles and games after that sale.

It's not a random post about amazon, so I'm not sure what you're confused or complaining about.

Did you get confused by something in the thread title?

#6 Posted by MonsieurX (39180 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@MonsieurX said:

As the OP states, this is for the Prime Days Sale that just passed, and this thread is focused on the top 50 best sellers in consoles and games after that sale.

It's not a random post about amazon, so I'm not sure what you're confused or complaining about.

Did you get confused by my simple question?

Sales or not, Amazon threads were laughed about previously

#7 Posted by Vaidream45 (2005 posts) -

Why the hell are people buying the PlayStation Classic?? Lol. Poor saps they don’t know what they’re getting into.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7
#8 Posted by deactivated-5d35e2183f2b7 (80 posts) -

Glad that more people get to play Horizon. Zero dawn. Best game of this gen in my opinion.

#9 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10470 posts) -

Can't believe the X isn't even charting. Seems like a good console if you want an Xbox... Much better than SAD.

#10 Posted by sakaiXx (5902 posts) -

Playstation exclusives having that longevity surprises me. Strong 1st party and 3rd party, what a console.

#11 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@MonsieurX said:
@boxrekt said:
@MonsieurX said:

Gamespot

Best Prime Day Gaming Deals (Final Day): Tuesday's PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One Discounts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/best-prime-day-gaming-deals-final-day-tuesdays-ps4/1100-6460054/

Also posted on Amazon game sales!

So what exactly are you laughing about? What's your problem with this thread?

If something in this thread offends you just get it off your chest and stop beating around the bush because you're sounding silly.

Crying about this thread is honestly weird.

If the content in this thread hurts your feelings than feel free to find your way out.

#12 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@blackfiragas said:

Glad that more people get to play Horizon. Zero dawn. Best game of this gen in my opinion.

Mine as well.

#13 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

Playstation exclusives having that longevity surprises me. Strong 1st party and 3rd party, what a console.

Puts serious dent in a lot of the fanboy arguments here on this board.

#14 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -
@vaidream45 said:

Why the hell are people buying the PlayStation Classic?? Lol. Poor saps they don’t know what they’re getting into.

because it was like 20 bucks. All of its going to be based on what was on sale, like HZD was only $10 and I think the PS4 pro bundles only appeared as prime day lightning deals.

#15 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@MonsieurX said:
@boxrekt said:
@MonsieurX said:

Gamespot

Best Prime Day Gaming Deals (Final Day): Tuesday's PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One Discounts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/best-prime-day-gaming-deals-final-day-tuesdays-ps4/1100-6460054/

If something in this thread offends you just get it off your chest and stop beating around the bush because you're sounding silly.

If the content in this thread hurts your feelings than feel free to find your way out.

Amazon sales charts threads were a thing at one point but they were pretty much run into the ground and the conclusions people made based on them usually turned out to be pretty laughable

#16 Edited by Subspecies (665 posts) -

At this point they should just change the name of XBox to RektBox. Sheesh. Barely even charting.

#17 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@MonsieurX said:

Gamespot

Amazon sales charts threads were a thing at one point but they were pretty much run into the ground and the conclusions people made based on them usually turned out to be pretty laughable

Not my problem.

What I'm posting here is facts, it's not my problem what fanboys get mad at and desperately call laughable.

If someone draws conclusions based on facts, they will be a lot more credible than a peanut gallery with nothing to show for themselves.

#18 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:
@MonsieurX said:

Gamespot

Not my problem.

What I'm posting here is facts, it's not my problem what fanboys get mad at and desperately call laughable.

If someone draws conclusions based on facts, they will be a lot more credible than a peanut gallery with nothing to show for themselves.

...you seem to be the one getting the most worked up about this.

It's just that around here that Amazon chart threads basically were on par with making a VGChartz thread

#19 Edited by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -
@subspecies said:

At this point they should just change the name of XBox to RektBox. Sheesh. Barely even charting.

I'm actually surprised that many people bought the all digital xbox for it to chart as high as it did

#20 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

Not my problem.

It's just that around here that Amazon chart threads basically were on par with making a VGChartz thread

Um no.

That comparison is literally stupid.

Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world. Your feelings on that matter are honestly irrelevant.

If you want to pretend that these Amazon rankings are equal to what someone just made up then be my guest. Just don't come at me spouting this nonsense that's equivalent to you saying Amazon sales are "fake news".

I'm not interested in what you think or feel me reporting on this topic.

If you want to speak on the actual topic then do so, if not, feel free to find another thread to post in.

#21 Edited by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

Not my problem.

Um no.

That comparison is literally stupid. Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world.

If you want to pretend that these Amazon rankings are equal to what someone just made up then be my guest. Just don't come at me spouting this nonsense that's equivalent to you saying Amazon sales are "fake news".

If you want to speak on the actual topic then do so, if not, feel free to find another thread to post in.

I'm just responding to your posts, and giving an explanation for why Amazon chart threads were laughed at.

Don't know why you're getting all bent out of shape

#22 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@drlostrib said:

I'm just responding to your posts, and giving an explanation for why Amazon chart threads were laughed at.

No, I already responded to the poster who tried to make that argument and addressed it.

You jumped back in trying to validate that original stance which I had already addressed. So now you're making it your argument by doubling down.

I didn't need you to explain anything, it was a nonsense argument to begin with and your addition didn't make it any less ridiculous. Stop mucking up my thread with your nonsense, if you don't like the topic 🚪🚶

#23 Posted by djoffer (1425 posts) -

Sooo Nintendo domination continues!

Also what the hell is amazon prime day!? Never heard of that...

#24 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:

No, I already responded to the poster who tried to make that argument and addressed it.

You jumped back in trying to validate that original stance which I had already addressed. So now you're making it your argument by doubling down.

I didn't need you to explain anything, it was a nonsense argument to begin with and your addition didn't make it any less ridiculous. Stop mucking up my thread with your nonsense, if you don't like the topic 🚪🚶

All I did was respond to your posts with an explanation. You're being needlessly upset and mucking up your own thread

#25 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25455 posts) -

Why does this matter? This is an extremely insignificant portion of world, or even country sales.

#26 Edited by I_P_Daily (12309 posts) -

Optimus Prime days lol.

What's next Megatron days :P

What a sad thread to use as some sort of ownage, but I'm not surprised that certain cows are jumping for joy over this.

#27 Posted by adsparky (1436 posts) -

I guess this is the US, and just 1 Xbox game on the list? and a JRPG? this is something weird.

#28 Posted by blamix (862 posts) -

Wow look at Sony and Nintendo. LoL Xbox

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#29 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4869 posts) -

Also even though the X was going for less than the PS4 Pro (at $362.86) didn't make the list.

There are so many places you can get an X1X for close to 300 bucks now it's ridiculous. And Xbox still doesn't even come close to beating Sony on NPD. Jesus Xbox failed hard this gen.

#30 Posted by robert_sparkes (3228 posts) -

No surprise Xbox hasn't charted there's no point in buying one when there's nothing apart from gears 5 on the horizon. I managed to snipe a new PS4 controller for £29.99 needed one for ages but held off.

#31 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@adsparky said:

I guess this is the US, and just 1 Xbox game on the list? and a JRPG? this is something weird.

Yea, I think so.

I checked Amazon UK and it's similar except xbox did better in terms of games and there was no xbox one SAD in there. There were 2 xbox one S deals near the bottom of the list.

Of course Fifa was big on all platforms, but PSVR seemed to really be big over there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/?ie=UTF8&ref_=sv_vg_h__1

Americans must really be confused with that SAD offer, it's literally paying more for less.

#32 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Why does this matter? This is an extremely insignificant portion of world, or even country sales.

@djoffer said:

@i_p_daily said:

Optimus Prime days lol.

What a sad thread to use as some sort of ownage, but I'm not surprised that certain cows are jumping for joy over this.

As I pointed out to MonsieurX even Gamespot has reported on Amazon Prime Day game sales

Gamespot

Amazon Prime Day is celebrated in the Second week of July. It's a 2 day even offering deals on major purchases.

Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world and these deals extend to videogames which can spike sales for every platform.

There isn't anything more to read into it than this. If the results here pain anyone that's a personal issue.

#33 Posted by DaVillain- (37487 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:
@boxrekt said:

Not my problem.

Um no.

That comparison is literally stupid.

Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world. Your feelings on that matter are honestly irrelevant.

Dude, you got issues. If you just reread what DrLostRib was explaining it to you, he's just giving you history lessons that Amazon threads were a thing, but got played out at the time and posters stop making threads, nothing more/less is all he's saying. You are free to do whatever you want.

#34 Posted by rrjim1 (1745 posts) -

Looks like Amazon had a lot of PS4 products to get rid of.

#35 Edited by DaVillain- (37487 posts) -

About Xbox One SAD, Digital gaming is really a thing now, it's so damn easy to buy games at home and not to go inside stores like Gamestop have never been easier before is why it sold more and most of all, Xbox One SAD is dirty cheaper then S and even X. Digital gaming is one thing, but Streaming isn't something that gamers need to support. Digital is as close as I'll ever get.

@rrjim1 said:

Looks like Amazon had a lot of PS4 products to get rid of.

Amazon tends to have items overstocked and when Prime Day starts, they'll try to lower the price and get rid of any overstocked products and no doubt PS4 was one of them.

#36 Edited by MonsieurX (39180 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

@djoffer said:

@i_p_daily said:

Optimus Prime days lol.

As I pointed out to MonsieurX even Gamespot has reported on Amazon Prime Day game sales

Gamespot

Amazon Prime Day is celebrated in the Second week of July. It's a 2 day even offering deals on major purchases.

Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world and these deals extend to videogames which can spike sales for every platform.

There isn't anything more to read into it than this. If the results here pain anyone that's a personal issue.

Doesn't change the FACT that amazon sales threads used to be locked

#37 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -

@MonsieurX: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, it's not my job to dig into the justification of why some other posters thread may have been locked; there could be a multitude of reasons.

Never the less, THIS thread has been thoroughly explained to you. Your claim that other threads by other posters were locked for whatever reason has nothing to do with my topic.

If you really think something is wrong with this topic why not tell that to the mods instead of whining in my thread?

You say it's a FACT these threads get locked (I call BS) even though GAMESPOT themselves reported on these sales, lol ok feel free to flag my thread and tell the mods on me.

I'd like to hear how this thread breaks any rules here on this forum (psst, it doesn't).

#38 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -

@boxrekt: Why are you getting so agitated over a non-issue?

#39 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@Juub1990 said:

I'm not, and it is a non-issue.

Some people are upset that I posted this thread and I've tried to explain to those people why I posted and why it's a valid topic.

They persisted and I informed them they could flag the thread or go tell a mod.

They had objections, I addressed them.

Nothing more.

It seems the people who were making a big deal about me posting thread were the agitated ones. I can't help that. I didn't realize information would cause such a hostile reaction from those posters.

#40 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@Juub1990 said:

I'm not, and it is a non-issue.

Some people are upset that I posted this thread and I've tried to explain to those people why I posted and why it's a valid topic.

They persisted and I informed them they could flag the thread or go tell a mod.

They had objections, I addressed them.

Nothing more.

It seems the people who were making a big deal about me posting thread were the agitated ones. I can't help that. I didn't realize information would cause such a hostile reaction from those posters.

dude, we can all see your posts, you're the one that always gets agitated and has a hostile reaction

#41 Posted by LuxuryHeart (1039 posts) -

It was nice of Nintendo to discontinue their classic consoles so Sony's could sell better. And people say they're bad blood between Sony and Nintendo.

#42 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@drlostrib said:

dude, we can all see your posts, you're the one that always gets agitated and has a hostile reaction

🤷 Every reply of mine to anyone who posted on topic is quite hospitable.

You're still posting off-topic material attempting to derail this thread.

If hostile means explaining the validity of this thread to people complaining and informing them if they're still not satisfied they could find another topic to post in, flag the thread, or tell a mod then yeah, I'm hostile.

Is that what you want to hear? Anything else? At this point you're just trolling.

If you don't have anything else to add to the actual topic you should be on your way.

#43 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@drlostrib said:

🤷 Every reply of mine to anyone who posted on topic is quite hospitable.

You're still posting off-topic material attempting to derail this thread.

If hostile means explaining the validity of this thread to people complaining and informing them if they're still not satisfied they could find another topic to post in, flag the thread, or tell a mod then yeah, I'm hostile.

Is that what you want to hear? Anything else? At this point you're just trolling.

If you don't have anything else to add to the actual topic you should be on your way.

Dude, as mentioned above by another user, I gave just a simple and reasonable explanation and yet you've become quite agitated and hostile. And we can all see your posts on this forum, and they are generally less than hospitable.

And with these calls of "off topic" and "derailing," all I've done is respond to your own posts

#44 Posted by XVision84 (16324 posts) -

Cows rejoicing when Nintendo is the real winner here. Of course, BoxRekt is sweeping that under the rug in typical fanboy fashion.

#45 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

Cows rejoicing when Nintendo is the real winner here. Of course, BoxRekt is sweeping that under the rug in typical fanboy fashion.

Explain your post.

What you just wrote literally didn't happen.

I gave numbers of all platforms and the results. I only gave my opinion on people buying the SAD edition of Xbox One over the S and that the X didn't chart.

Your trolling attempt is pretty bad.

#46 Edited by XVision84 (16324 posts) -

@boxrekt: Don't get upset, I'm just stating what I see. Why didn't you say anything about Nintendo? That's sweeping it under the rug.

You've clearly stated your support for Playstation in other posts on this thread.

#47 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

@boxrekt: Don't get upset, I'm just stating what I see. Why didn't you say anything about Nintendo? That's sweeping it under the rug.

You've clearly stated your support for Playstation in other posts on this thread.

lol if I was trying to sweep Switch under the rug I'd have just made the thread about Playstation and xbox performance in those sales.

You're floundering hard with this attempt.

You haven't supported your accusation about me trying to Sweep Switch under the rug while calling me a fanboy for doing it...a claim you clearly made up.

#48 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -

Glad to see Fire Emblem did ok in the sales.

Not surprised on the Sony games, as their value had already dropped really low, these games are less than £20 in the uk. The only real competition (nintendo) items are always more expensive.

amazing how low the price had to go for the terrible PS mini... I almost bough it, but even at £19 it wasn't worth it.

#49 Posted by robert_sparkes (3228 posts) -

I looked at the mini then let it go I can see collectors picking it up at that price but it has no value or use for me.

#50 Posted by XVision84 (16324 posts) -

@boxrekt: And you haven't negated it either. You're clearly biased against Nintendo and trying to pass it off by downplaying my observation.