Top 10 Games of the Generation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts

Since PC gamers seemingly can't figure anything out without being told directly, I will try to explain this as best as they can understand.

OBJECTIVES:

[] Read the OP (Opening Post).

[] Get beardmad.

[] Post your shitty-ass, biased list.

[] Attempt to justify your taste in gaming by putting down console gamers' lists.

HINTS:

-Keep your eyes open, look down, and read what the text says.

-Click the "reply" box. Write shit. Click "submit." Act superior. Don't shave your neckbeard.

-When someone doesn't agree with everything you say, click "quote," dance around the question like a condescending asshole, click "submit."

This is super duper open-ended since we're not telling exactly everything you need to do, step by step, even though it'll probably have the same end-effect anyway.

I am limiting it to one entry per franchise to make the list more interesting. Don't need Mario filling the whole list (counting all of them under the same title, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Galaxy, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Mario Strikers: Charged, etc.). The generation is limited to games released on the Wii, DS, PSP, PlayStation 3, XBox 360, and games on the PC from the years 2004-2013.

10. Dark Souls (not the Dark Souls: Prepare Edition, though, so it doesn't count towards the PC) (PlayStation 3, XBox 360)

9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

8. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)

7. LittleBigPlanet 2 (PlayStation 3)

6. Alice: Madness Returns (XBox 360, PlayStation 3, PC)

5. Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Version (Nintendo DS)

4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

3. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (Nintendo DS)

2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)

Wii: 5 Games

PlayStation 3: 3 Games

DS: 2 Games

XBox 360: 2 Games

PC: 1 Game

Funny how PC gamers call the Wii a great "complementary console," when this list just proves they aren't getting much themselves, and the Wii is, in fact, kicking its ass.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

This is straight up the worst list I've ever seen.

It's just so bad. Are you really made that this gen has been terrible for the core Nintendo gamer? 

You're clearly basing this on your opinion or some jaded Nintendo fanboy who hasn't touched a game on the PC or the majority of Xbox 360 or PS3 games this entire generation.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Do there are the Top 10 Nintendo games of this Generation, right? LOL!! Poor choice. Where the hell is Metroid and XenoBlade? What a joke.

Why are Dark Souls and LBP on this list? Those aren't Nintendo games. lol!!

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

This is straight up the worst list I've ever seen.

It's just so bad. Are you really made that this gen has been terrible for the core Nintendo gamer? 

You're clearly basing this on your opinion or some jaded Nintendo fanboy who hasn't touched a game on the PC or the majority of Xbox 360 or PS3 games this entire generation.

Drasonak

So what's your argument against these games? Why don't they deserve to be on here? Please, indulge me. I never get a legitimate answer, just the same old, "I'm going to express your list is bad in about four different sentences instead of actually making a substantial argument. That way, I can get away thinking I actually put forth something reasonable without fear of being contradicted." Arguments. Please.

Opinions?

Jeez it isn't rocket science. Hence why you made a thread asking for people's lists to begin with.

Or maybe not... the OP is starting to look like a blog...

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Drasonak

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

Limiting it one entry per series to make the list more exciting. Don't need Mario filling the whole list (counting all of them under the same title, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Galaxy, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Mario Strikers: Charged, etc.). The generation is limited to games released on the Wii, DS, PSP, PlayStation 3, XBox 360, and games on the PC from the years 2004-2013.

Rocker6

I have a few questions:

Why wouldn't Dark Souls on the PC count?

Aside from coming out about a year later. it has all the content of the console versions, plus some PC specific features (mod support).

-------

What is your source?

Is this a list from some site, or is it based on your personal preferences?

If latter is the answer, then why is this not in your blog space, instead of taking room on SW frontpage?

Because the original version is better than the Prepare to Die Edition.

Also, you're supposed to post your own list as well... See how everyone else did? Do I need to directly tell you for you to get it? Sorry, but that's not how it works outside of PC games.

Be warned, though, I'll probably make fun of yours. ;)

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="Drasonak"] So what's your argument against these games? Why don't they deserve to be on here? Please, indulge me. I never get a legitimate answer, just the same old, "I'm going to express your list is bad in about four different sentences instead of actually making a substantial argument. That way, I can get away thinking I actually put forth something reasonable without fear of being contradicted." Arguments. Please.Rocker6

Opinions?

Jeez it isn't rocket science. Hence why you made a thread asking for people's lists to begin with.

Or maybe not... this thread is starting to looklike a blog...

Actually, he isn't asking for anyone's list. The thread is formed as a closed way for him to state his personal preferences, which is suited for a blog post.

Yeah found that out a little afterwards. Should have read the OP instead of just looking at the games.

Still you would think if you were to show a list that you would want to see other people's input as well. Go figure that Dras does something entirely different.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14413 Posts

Terrible list. Not surprising coming from the TC though.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

OK, re-opened in the hope that there will be legitimate debate, otherwise ....

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Drasonak

No trolling allowed.

BPoole96, I have an explanation for your concern, but I don't want this to get locked again. Send a private message my way if you'd like an explanation.

Anyway, post your guys' list! I want to see them. :)

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AznbkdX

Probably should have kept it closed. :P

Fine, I'll post my patchwork list (not in any order):

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

2. Okami Wii

3. Dragon Age: Origins

4. Pokemon Black/White

5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

6. Dark Souls

7. The World Ends With You

8. Skyward Sword

9. TF2

10. Portal 2

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Drasonak

I think it's really funny that you don't count Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, but then you use a screenshot for it.BPoole96
You know what, I'm just going to post it anyway. **** it, I want PC gamers to know they've fallen for the trap and that their brilliant minds weren't enough to detect the truth. ;) I guess you don't learn everything in Starcraft, huh?

I go by the Central Standard Time Zone as an Chicagoan living in the United Sates of America. The clock on my computer is an hour fast, though, so this picture was taken about an hour before.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AznbkdX

I got my list down (a shoddy quick one at that), so you guys should share as well. :)

I wanted to turn it around, but I guess nobody else does. :(

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Drasonak

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

2. Okami Wii

4. Pokemon Black/White

6. Dark Souls

8. Skyward Sword

9. TF2

10. Portal 2

AznbkdX

How does Portal 2 have good design when it discriminates what walls you can place your portal on for no other reason than to restrict your solution to what the developers intended? If it really was masterfully crafted, it would be more multi-layered and still challenging without obvious fixtures put in place to prevent other viable solutions. Plus other stuff about how the outside levels were too focused on simply placing your portal at a far to reach area and stuff.

I would expand on this, but PC gamers are just going to write it off without a response. They're so far into their biased way of thinking, they can't even consider another opinion. I made a good case against Portal 2 (there's more, but those were the big things), and they can't even tell me why it's wrong.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Drasonak

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

2. Okami Wii

4. Pokemon Black/White

6. Dark Souls

8. Skyward Sword

9. TF2

10. Portal 2

MonsieurX

How does Portal 2 have good design when it discriminates what walls you can place your portal on for no other reason than to restrict your solution to what the developers intended? If it really was masterfully crafted, it would be more multi-layered and still challenging without obvious fixtures put in place to prevent other viable solutions. Plus other stuff about how the outside levels were too focused on simply placing your portal at a far to reach area and stuff.

I would expand on this, but PC gamers are just going to write it off without a response. They're so far into their biased way of thinking, they can't even consider another opinion. I made a good case against Portal 2 (there's more, but those were the big things), and they can't even tell me why it's wrong.

Why critic others lists when we can't critic yours?

Critique.*

Because you didn't give a proper critique. You gave no reasons at all. You all just said my list was shit and left it at that. Maybe you could say, "Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn has a poor presentation and many hiccups in the stories in which the characters respond unrealistically in such instances as ____________ and ____________. As psychologically indicates, the motivated reasoning would have _______________________."

That's what console gamers call an intelligent debate. It's more than just ridiculous hyperbole and throwing out all the adjectives you know.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AznbkdX

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

2. Okami Wii

4. Pokemon Black/White

6. Dark Souls

8. Skyward Sword

9. TF2

10. Portal 2

Drasonak

Honestly I added that just because it just sprang to mind.

Most of the game is divided up into story puzzles and levels, unlike the first Portal which did levels than story puzzles. I didn't mind some of the story puzzles being more dependent on moving from place to place and not so much actual strategy, mainly because it keeps a certain momentum in the game. The pacing is much better than Portal because of this, and actually looking at the innards of the place with a quick romp is actually enjoying, just so you can see how Aperture and such looks like away from the tried and true test rooms you are used to going through.

Overall there are some fairly inventive puzzles outside as well too. Not all of it is just based on positioning portals near the next ramp. I remember a ton of the slime and gravity ones outside of the test rooms, and many were actually very creative and fun. The creativity didn't make the puzzles too hard where it can annoy you, but not too easy that it bores you. It certainly helps that a lot of things in the game look cool in motion as well, from your first person flying through a portal and the puzzles with the companion cubes. :)

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2

2. Okami Wii

4. Pokemon Black/White

6. Dark Souls

8. Skyward Sword

9. TF2

10. Portal 2

Drasonak

LOL it wouldn't matter what anyone said, you would still discount what anyone said as not proving you wrong.  Portal 2 is a comical puzzle game where most of the enjoyment comes out of hearing the commentary by Wheatly and GladOS.  The puzzles were only somewhat challenging (I blame it being on the PS3 for being so easy) but they weren't really why the game was so big.  If you want a challenge why don't you check out some of the levels created by other users or some of the harder levels on COOP?

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Based on the games that stuck in my head the most or I played a lot.

1. Ico and Shadow Of Colossus HD Collection - (Lol this game has won this gen and last gen, will any future game ever beat these?)

2. Disgaea 4 - (200+ hours well spent, loads of laughs, great gameplay. Everyone should give this game a try :) never know it could be your favorite)

3. Bioshock - (Craps all over Infinite, in its time)

4. Uncharted 2 & 3  - (awwwww this series is so awesome)

5. Halo Series - (excluding Halo Wars, sucked, all other Halo's were great)

6. Journey - (One of the most beautiful & Unique games ever created)

7. LittleBigPlanet 2 - (Fun with the Family, Many hours spent playing.)

8. Fallout 3 - (Has not aged well, but when it first came out, I thought it was the bees Knees)

9. Heavy Rain - (Oh yes I loved this game, a game movie that allows you to determine the outcome)

10. Tomb Raider - (OMG great Job, this is the best Tomb Raider game since PS1 games)

Honerable mentions for Great Games this gen I also loved

- Portal 2

- Gears Of War Series

- Alan Wake

- Ratchet And Clank Future Series

- Resistance 3

- Sound Shapes

- Gravity Rush

- Metal Gear Rising (Would have made the top list if the game was longer, BEST CUTSCENES & Slicing gameplay ever)

- Rayman Origins

- Donkey Kong Returns

- Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

- Killzone 2 & 3

- Braid

- Guacamelee

- Starhawk (Multiplayer is pretty awesome)

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Drasonak

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Why critic others lists when we can't critic yours?lostrib

Critique.*

Because you didn't give a proper critique. You gave no reasons at all. You all just said my list was shit and left it at that. Maybe you could say, "Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn has a poor presentation and many hiccups in the stories in which the characters respond unrealistically in such instances as ____________ and ____________. As psychologically indicates, the motivated reasoning would have _______________________."

That's what console gamers call an intelligent debate. It's more than just ridiculous hyperbole and throwing out all the adjectives you know.

Okay, legitimate critique: why doesn't dark souls prepared to die edition count on your list?

Because I am judging these games based on the time they were released somewhat. Dark Souls was very impressive on October 4, 2011. Not as much so in 2012 with the little extra content it offered and the counter-intuitive control scheme on the PC mixed in. By then, there had already been other comparable RPGs, like Dragon's Dogma, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and other such games that, while not necessarily as good as Dark Souls, did challenge its position and offered a similar approach.

So playing through Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on August 24, 2012 wouldn't have been as thrilling. It's like watching Gertie the Dinosaur after its prime (but obviously not as much so). Then again, PC gamers didn't get any of the games I mentioned... so I guess their standards were probably lower anyway.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Drasonak

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

Okay, legitimate critique: why doesn't dark souls prepared to die edition count on your list?

mems_1224

Because I am judging these games based on the time they were released somewhat. Dark Souls was very impressive on October 4, 2011. Not as much so in 2012 with the little extra content it offered and the counter-intuitive control scheme on the PC mixed in. By then, there had already been other comparable RPGs, like Dragon's Dogma, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and other such games that, while not necessarily as good as Dark Souls, did challenge its position and offered a similar approach.

So playing through Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on August 24, 2012 wouldn't have been as thrilling. It's like watching Gertie the Dinosaur after its prime (but obviously not as much so). Then again, PC gamers didn't get any of the games I mentioned... so I guess their standards were probably lower anyway.

So what you're saying is that Dark Souls doesn't hold up? How is it one of the best games this gen then?

No, it does but it was more impressive in 2011 than 2012. The additional content wasn't enough to make it more impressive as a 2012 title. Obviously when there are more games to compare it to, it won't seem as impressive, even if it is still the best.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty 4

CoD: World and War

CoD: Modern Warfare 2

CoD: Black Ops

CoD: Modern Warfare 3

CoD: Black Ops 2

Halo 3

Halo 4

CallOfDutyRulez

If that's true, you have terrible taste in games.

Hey cow, still butthurt that no PS3 exclusive was able to top the sales for ANY of the games I've listed? You should take my advice and go to the nearest pharmaceutical to get some ointment for your butthurt.

Mario Kart Wii > all those crappy games then.

How does it feel to play the exact same game over and over again?

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

Every single one of those Wii games can be played in 1080p+ on the PC soooo PC = 6 games.... oops i forgot about the DS, that makes 8 games for the PC and 9 if you count dark souls

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#22 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

heres mine
10. super mario galaxy
9 donkey kong country returns
8. ssb b
7 nsmb wii
6 mariokart ds
5 zelda tp
4 kirby epic yarn
3 zelda skyward sword
2 marioparty 9
1 super mario galaxy 2 runner up mariokart wii

heres 5 from other systems
5 saints row 3
4 driver san francisco
3 red dead redemption
2 saints row 2
1 forza 4

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty 4

CoD: World and War

CoD: Modern Warfare 2

CoD: Black Ops

CoD: Modern Warfare 3

CoD: Black Ops 2

Halo 3

Halo 4

CallOfDutyRulez

Hate to judge, but you are not a gamer. You are a Main Stream Shooter Game Fan. You are a 1 genre Warrior.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

OH OH I wanna post before it's locked

um..... Drasonak is a stupid face :D heh heh heh. That'll show em

AznbkdX

Are all of your new sigs lately new vids that you just made?

I do like your vids though. Keep up the good work! :)

Yep, whatever I record and upload I make a sig of just to keep things updated. I know it's probably annoying to some people though

Oh and thanks :)

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Wow, nice list....

My own list, in no particular order of course:

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Gears of War 2

Call of Duty 4

Grand Theft Auto IV

Fable II

Left 4 Dead 2

No More Heroes 2

Lollipop Chainsaw

Halo Reach

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts
10. Left 4 Dead (PC, X360, PS3) 9. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) 8. Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) 7. Terraria (PC) 6. Phoenix Wright (DS) 5. Portal (PC) 4. Bioshock 2 (PC, X360, PS3) 3. Red Dead Redemption (X360, PS3) 2. Dark Souls (PC, X360, PS3) 1. Team Fortress 2 (PC) As you can see TC, PC clearly has the best titles.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

***1*** Flight Simulator X. Why? My field of work is related to weather. Plus, a good part of my life was dedicated to weather and aviation. FSX is the only game I know so far where I can input real-world weather and have a degree of accuracy in the way clouds and obstructions to vision are rendered. Plus, there's no shooting or killing. It's simply the serenity of flying among the clouds.

fsx2012-04-2105-57-48-92.jpg

2. IL2 Pacific Fighters. Technically, this is last-gen. But, the thread rule says from 2004 onwards. So, I'm counting this. I love WW2 aviation as a hobby. That means I like it in scale models, books/magazines, and in video games. Sure, I like to fly around. Once in a while, I want to shoot at something and re-live in an accurate way, the various tactics used by the major combatants in the air war of WW2. The IL2 series reproduce these faithfully.

PF4_zps70797e24.jpg

3. IL2 Cliffs of Dover. This was supposed to be the successor to the IL2 line. Unfortunately, a glitchy release coupled with questionable AI and being a resource hog resulted in terrible reviews. I think those dings have been fixed and Cliffs of dover to me is good for a few rounds of intense dogfights during the Battle of Britain.

launcher2012-01-1819-33-24-62_zps8332746 

4. Hard Reset. I love the run and gun FPS of old. This game is the perfect fix. No realism required. No logic. No stupid story. Just gimme my gun and start the fireworks. It's sci-fi. It's loud with lots of explosions. I love it!

hardreset20130125005918.jpg

5. The Uncharted series. Yup I like them all, even UC1. I like adventure games and I consider the UC games as adventure with action elements.

UC2Cap-13_zps496b5fa8.jpg

6. FIFA 2013. Sports is the one genre that keeps me gaming on consoles and FIFA just happens to be my favorite:

328577.png

7. The Crysis games. Like the UC series, I like all of the Crysis series. It's teh only series that really makes me feel like the Predator in the Predator movies:

XYwhMV1.jpg

8. The Killzone games. Sure. I rag on their graphics and grumble about KZ2 as having the worst bullet sponges. They're linear as hell and generic as they come. But, they're action-filled almost at every corner and have tons of options for singleplayer. Sounds great too. So, despite all my belly-aching, I still love the series and looking forward to KZ4.

KZ3-Cap-8_zps8c1abb3d.jpg

9. Far Cry 3. It's too easy. But, I love exploring its world when I need my open-world fix. I'm a sucker for tropical islands.

screenshot0193.jpg

10. The Total War games. Lots of killing at a massive scale with me playing as general. Love it.

Napoleon2011-12-1001-33-21-44_zps028036e

SentientMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SentientMind
Member since 2013 • 361 Posts

Funny, I was expecting more games about women's rights, fighting sexism, and feminists ruling the world. 

You let me down Drasonak :cool:

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#30 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="Drasonak"] Far Cry 3's story in a nutshell: "We brown people need the help of a single white cis male who has not training in combat at all to cast out the other brown people. Ooga-booga magic ceremonial, spiritual bullshit, 'cause that's what brown people do. You should be really sad that this one white person died, because that is equivalent to a whole person, unlike the millions of brown people slaughtered by the organization's hands. Oh, and we're in tune with nature and stuff and wear tribal clothes because our culture sucks since the European's decided not to **** with it." You would think it's the late 19th, early 20th century if we weren't on the Internet or playing video games right now.menes777

The awful story doesn't take away from the fact that Far Cry 3 is a good game.

I was thinking the same thing.

It was actually quite disappointing. Instead of falling on basically racist streotypes and very basic conflicts, they could have really developed it into so much more than it was.

That being said, the gameplay was fun as hell.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

[QUOTE="Drasonak"] Far Cry 3's story in a nutshell: "We brown people need the help of a single white cis male who has not training in combat at all to cast out the other brown people. Ooga-booga magic ceremonial, spiritual bullshit, 'cause that's what brown people do. You should be really sad that this one white person died, because that is equivalent to a whole person, unlike the millions of brown people slaughtered by the organization's hands. Oh, and we're in tune with nature and stuff and wear tribal clothes because our culture sucks since the European's decided not to **** with it." You would think it's the late 19th, early 20th century if we weren't on the Internet or playing video games right now.menes777

The awful story doesn't take away from the fact that Far Cry 3 is a good game.

I was thinking the same thing.

The TC says Far Cry 3 has a terrible story after listing games like smash bros brawl, Donkey Kong, Little Big Planet 2, Pokemon and other games with very little story to no story at all?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts
Got a sig for you, Dras.
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Drasonak

Got a sig for you, Dras.  freedomfreak
Ha ha, it never works when I try to submit a signature. It always says it's too big or something.

That's great, though. Could use a Gabe Newell-like character in his chair writing a beardmad post turning around to face him, though.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

I just love how none of the games you guys have listed have sold more than the CoD series.

Sales prove which games are the best. Why else would people buy the game? DERP!!!

CallOfDutyRulez

:lol: :lol: :lol: :? ...... :(

He is serious ?

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

This actually could've been a really good thread had TC's personality been less repulsive.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

The only entertaining part of the story in FC3 was Vaas and that had a lot to do with the great voice acting.  It's a pretty generic action movie plot with some decent into madness portions thrown in, which actually got annoying because they turned many of the end "boss" deaths into hallucinogenic quick time events

lostrib

Yeah, and to say, most games have generic action movie plots, filled with the usual cliches and stereotypes. If the gameplay is great, who cares?

Story, writting and characters are only worth discussing if devs are trying to sell a game on that premise while putting some actual effort into it... else, you know it'll be bad to mediocre.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

Which Xenoblade? Xenoblade Chronicles sold pretty well for a Wii game. You forget that the demographic for Wii-only gamers is quite different from the PS3 and Xbox 360 demographics.

The latter 2 stress hardcore gaming while the Wii is for Nintendrones looking to get high off of another Mario kart racer.

Just the fact that it was a Wii exclusive hampered its sales potential.

CallOfDutyRulez

Still didn't do all that well. Okay how about Knights in the Nightmare? A game that you've probably never even heard of but is great nonetheless? think it sold something like 30k or something really low like that.

Just because YOU think it's good doesn't mean it is. Just like how you cows go on and on about the greatness of that sub-1 million selling exclusive on the PlayFail3 doesn't mean the rest of the world agrees with you.

If that game were as awesome as you're claiming it to be, sales would have been off the charts. It's the market. You can't churn out a big pile of crap and expect everyone to fall head over heels for it.

^wow it actually got worse

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Drasonak"]It's good groundwork, though. Could you maybe just put a razor in his hand? Hope I'm not pushing you to your limits with this. :PDrasonak
I'll try. Just send me a picture and I'll see what I can do.

Do you have any pictures of Gabe Newell being frightened? I think that'd work well with Sothe behind him, razor in hand.

Gaben doesn't get frightened.

How could he when he's a full on black smith

iJcb9RjiJ5pt1.gif

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
worst list iv ever seen, make schindlers looks decent
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

Lemme just list my favourite games this gen... Lol, PC gamers only have one on the list... You have no games.

Drasonak

Did I sum it up accurately?

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Drasonak

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

Lemme just list my favourite games this gen... Lol, PC gamers only have one on the list... You have no games.

lundy86_4

Nope, it should be "'favorite games this gen...'" American spelling is the only correct way, just as white cis males is the only accurate way of portraying a hero in video games, right? It's funny how you guys will get mad about something as petty as me omitting a superfluous "u" that doesn't affect how you read the word, but you all don't care about actual important issues.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lundy86_4

Nope, it should be "'favorite games this gen...'" American spelling is the only correct way, just as white cis males is the only accurate way of portraying a hero in video games, right? It's funny how you guys will get mad about something as petty as me omitting a superfluous "u" that doesn't affect how you read the word, but you all don't care about actual important issues.

Drasonak

lol America.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lostrib

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

Drasonak

Neither of those seem very important unless you're a douche

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

lundy86_4

lol America.

Please don't associate that assh*t as an example of all Americans.
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Drasonak

[QUOTE="Drasonak"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] I'll try. Just send me a picture and I'll see what I can do.freedomfreak
Do you have any pictures of Gabe Newell being frightened? I think that'd work well with Sothe behind him, razor in hand.

Just looked around. Hard to find a pic of Gabe being scared. I like the idea with Sothe in the background though. For whatever it's worth, I made this. [spoiler]  [/spoiler]

Muscles need to be supersized. Those are borderline PC gamer arms. You might as well put a fedora on his head!

Edit: I kept getting error messages that won't let me post or edit for a couple of minutes. Is anyone else being met with, "You can't post 20 messages in three minutes?" I wasn't even doing that...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Drasonak"]

Drasonak

He got it right. [QUOTE="Drasonak"]Funny how PC gamers call the Wii a great "complementary console," when this list just proves they aren't getting much themselves, and the Wii is, in fact, kicking its ass.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lundy86_4

Please don't associate that assh*t as an example of all Americans.clone01

I'm not, no worries. That would be terrible ignorance on my part. Actually, some of my family is from the US.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lostrib

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Drasonak"] Do you have any pictures of Gabe Newell being frightened? I think that'd work well with Sothe behind him, razor in hand.Drasonak

Just looked around. Hard to find a pic of Gabe being scared. I like the idea with Sothe in the background though. For whatever it's worth, I made this. [spoiler]  [/spoiler]

Muscles need to be supersized. Those are borderline PC gamer arms. You might as well put a fedora on his head!

You should try lifing sometime. Maybe you can work out some of this hate you have stored up.  Probably help with your sefl esteem issues too

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Based on what you posted these titles? Seems like a nintendo fest to me...