top 10 coolest character(no samus or masterchief)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts
LINK

i highly disagree with that list. Kratos could easily destroy Dante, so he should have been there.
DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#2 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
I've got some beef with that list too. King? I'd rather see the Burger King in there. At least he brings me food. Guile is kinda lame too. That could have been a perfectly good spot for someone like Kratos (although Kratos whines a lot about being tormented and all) or a better Street Fighter character like Akuma. I personally think Z is better than Mega Man. I mean, he weilds a friggin' lightsaber for a weapon. I'm torn about Duke Nukem basically because he's a rip-off of Ash, who technically has his own video game franchise. Still taking a dump and your enemy's head is pretty cool.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
I thought it was a good list. I didn't agree with all of them (mostly the king in katamari) but it was still cool to watch.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
Although the presentation overall was boring, they had more hits than misses.
CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts

OT but:

Anyone else find that 360 ad kind of funny?

Next generation in now.

Wouldn't that make it current generation??

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts
Guile ftw!!! coolest character ever Flash kick owns joo
Silpheed2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Silpheed2K
Member since 2005 • 579 Posts
[spoiler] Duke Nukem rightfully got #1.... i mean Masterchief is a mediocre character that really needs to grow a personality. Duke Nukem is the way to go. [/spoiler]

edit: sorry if i spoiled who got number one i'll put a spoiler tag over it
DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DressYouUp
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

^^^YES YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME

Edited

GXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 GXR
Member since 2003 • 1476 Posts

i mean Masterchief is a mediocre character that really needs to grow a personality.
Silpheed2K

Agreed!

kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kdizzle815
Member since 2004 • 2572 Posts
this guy should be in there
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
That is a superb list. I agreed with almost all of them.

Guile and the Katamari King was strange though
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Earthworm Jim was an awesome addition, I loved watching that cartoon.

Snake's a no brainer for the list. When you contrast him to Raiden, he seems to pwn even more.

Duke Nukem pwns, so I'm glad he's at the top. Dammit, where is Duke Nukem forever!
Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
Luigi is the coolest character ever.
Drukter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Drukter
Member since 2006 • 1484 Posts
I agree with 1# I honestly got chills down my spine, Duke owns. Ryu and Dante should switch places.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
That is a superb list. I agreed with almost all of them.

Guile and the Katamari King was strange though
cakeorrdeath
You thought Guile was strange? Don't go to sleep tonight, Guile is after you.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
Since I can't say Samus (for some God forsaken reason which is beyond me for the rest of my LIFE), I will say SA-X. Loop hole
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

[QUOTE="Silpheed2K"] i mean Masterchief is a mediocre character that really needs to grow a personality.
GXR

Agreed!

***sigh***.... Too many people are under the wrong impression that Halo is the story of Master Chief. It's the story of seven ringworlds of unknown and unabridged power, and how they could affect the war between the UNSC and the Covenant. MC is just one of the characters. Oh well....
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 coreygames
[QUOTE="GXR"]

[QUOTE="Silpheed2K"] i mean Masterchief is a mediocre character that really needs to grow a personality.
Spartan070

Agreed!

***sigh***.... Too many people are under the wrong impression that Halo is the story of Master Chief. It's the story of seven ringworlds of unknown and unabridged power, and how they could affect the war between the UNSC and the Covenant. MC is just one of the characters. Oh well....

They were just talking about how MC has no personality, they didn't even say anything about the HALO story. I agree, I want a character to show fear or some weakness, but that's why God created diversity, right?
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="GXR"]

coreygames

Agreed!

They were just talking about how MC has no personality, they didn't even say anything about the HALO story. I agree, I want a character to show fear or some weakness, but that's why God created diversity, right?

I know, I just don't see the necessity for him to have this outrageous personality...
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
[QUOTE="coreygames"] They were just talking about how MC has no personality, they didn't even say anything about the HALO story. I agree, I want a character to show fear or some weakness, but that's why God created diversity, right?

I agree with this. Master Chief is the face of the Xbox yet he has as much charisma as Robocop.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
The only two I agree with were Snake and Dante.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 coreygames
[QUOTE="crazyjames1080"][QUOTE="coreygames"] They were just talking about how MC has no personality, they didn't even say anything about the HALO story. I agree, I want a character to show fear or some weakness, but that's why God created diversity, right?

I agree with this. Master Chief is the face of the Xbox yet he has as much charisma as Robocop.

:lol: that's true Cortona (spelling please?) doesn't have a multiple deminsion personality either, but I think they are going to expand on that in H3.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spartan070
[QUOTE="coreygames"] They were just talking about how MC has no personality, they didn't even say anything about the HALO story. I agree, I want a character to show fear or some weakness, but that's why God created diversity, right?crazyjames1080

I repeat: "I know, I just don't see the necessity for him to have this outrageous personality..." He is not even the most important character in the Halo story, plus he's a genetically enginered soilder, recruited at the age of 6. You honestly expect him to be "Duke Nukem" or something?
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Spartan070
[QUOTE="crazyjames1080"][QUOTE="coreygames"] They were just talking about how MC has no personality, they didn't even say anything about the HALO story. I agree, I want a character to show fear or some weakness, but that's why God created diversity, right?coreygames

:lol: that's true Cortona (spelling please?) doesn't have a multiple deminsion personality either, but I think they are going to expand on that in H3.

Cortana has one of the most varied and often-changing personalities I've ever seen in the books, which is why they've hinted at her personality being a HUGE part of the Halo 3 story, along with how she interacts with Gravemind.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 coreygames
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="crazyjames1080"][QUOTE="coreygames"] They were just talking about how MC has no personality, they didn't even say anything about the HALO story. I agree, I want a character to show fear or some weakness, but that's why God created diversity, right?

I repeat: "I know, I just don't see the necessity for him to have this outrageous personality..." He is not even the most important character in the Halo story, plus he's a genetically enginered soilder, recruited at the age of 6. You honestly expect him to be "Duke Nukem" or something?

I might expect him to say, "I might not make it out alive" when he's staring down 500 brutes and 200 wraiths instead of pulling out a single plasma grenade and saying, "Bet I'll stick it" It's just not reasonable. But I already said why that's fine so... I like Metroids story more for some reason...
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="crazyjames1080"][QUOTE="coreygames"] They were just talking about how MC has no personality, they didn't even say anything about the HALO story. I agree, I want a character to show fear or some weakness, but that's why God created diversity, right?

To me he feels like a stiff cyborg with only an intention to kill. Sure, he doesn't need tonnes of dialogue to be charismatic. Gordon Freeman is a good example of this but sheesh Bungie could do a lot better in tuning his Terminator persona.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spartan070

I never said who the coolest character is...

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Spartan070

To me he feels like a stiff cyborg with only an intention to kill. Sure, he doesn't need tonnes of dialogue to be charismatic. Gordon Freeman is a good example of this but sheesh Bungie could do a lot better in tuning his Terminator persona.
crazyjames1080
While I definitely agree that his personality could've been altered for the better, no question about that, I do believe that his "Terminator Persona" is extremely exagerrated by fans, not you in particular, just everyone.
Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts

John Rambo should be number one, he was disqualified because him being in the competition is unfair on other contestants.

I have yet to see a man take out a sniper with a rock, or a man who decides to take on a Russian army with a friend, or a man who kills a Russian commander by driving a tank into a flying helicopter. Or a man that ends up escaping captivity only to return with an attack copter.

Oh yeah, hes number one.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Spartan070

John Rambo should be number one, he was disqualified because him being in the competition is unfair on other contestants.

I have yet to see a man take out a sniper with a rock, or a man who decides to take on a Russian army with a friend, or a man who kills a Russian commander by driving a tank into a flying helicopter. Or a man that ends up escaping captivity only to return with an attack copter.

Oh yeah, hes number one.

PelekotansDream
:lol: Agreed!!! MURDOCK!!!!! I'M COMIN' FOR YOU!!!!!!!! :P
edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts

Oh yeah, hes number one.

PelekotansDream

but macguyver can save the world with a rubber band, some chewing gum, and a popsicle stick.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Solid Snake should be higher up, and Link should be on there.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
[QUOTE="PelekotansDream"]

Oh yeah, hes number one.

edeasknight

but macguyver can save the world with a rubber band, some chewing gum, and a popsicle stick.

MacGyver FTW! And I hope Abe is on this list, or I'll be upset...
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts

No Samus Aran, Link or Kratos = Fail.

And GOD I hate Dante so soooo much.

PowerCharged

Forum Posts