Tony Hawk Confirms Plans for Pro Skater 3 + 4 Remake Were Abandoned After Blizzard Merger

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 2852 Posts

So yeah the development for the Tony Hawk 3 and 4 remakes got canceled when the idiots at Activision decided to make Vicarious Visions who did the Tony Hawk 1 and 2 remakes merge with Blizzard. Great job screwing this up Activision.

I'm really hoping that once Microsoft has full control of Activision-Blizzard, they will have Vicarious Visions work on the Tony Hawk 3 and 4 remake again.

https://www.ign.com/articles/tony-hawk-confirms-plans-for-pro-skater-3-4-remake-were-abandoned-after-blizzard-merger

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 27486 Posts

Do people really care about Tony Hawk games or its just nostalgia reminding them when they were kids/teens?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 5637 Posts

@hardwenzen: THPS remaster was my game of the year. It's objectively a more fun game than your favorite game.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 742 Posts

@hardwenzen: 1. You apparently didn’t play the remakes to see how awesome they are. 2. Someone needs to slap you hard across the mouth.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 52980 Posts
@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: THPS remaster was my game of the year. It's objectively a more fun game than your favorite game.

For me, I always favor Tony Hawks games back in the days on PS1/Dreamcast, those games really introduce me to awesome Bands, the games were in their primes. I played Tony Hawks to Tony Hawks: Underground. When Skate came along, it really put the Hawk to shame and Skate was the new player in town, Tony Hawk's games really took the L very badly.

But yeah, I own THPS Remaster and it was a nice trip to nostalgic land but ever since I got used to playing Skate, it's kinda hard to go back and play THPS. Plus we're getting a new Skate game aka Skate 4 is in development so I'll just wait for that and as for THPS 3/4 Remake, err I'll wait for reviews if I wanna play it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42889 Posts

Activision puts all its eggs in the same basket: COD. They have a dozen studios just making COD.

I really hope COD flops hard and Activision vanishes off the face of the earth.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 6373 Posts

I didn't put much time into 3 back in the day, was hoping to really explore it when it got remastered. Man, Activision somehow managed to **** up 90's nostalgia cash grabbing. That's like, the easiest way to make money right now.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 42889 Posts

It also reminds me of EA remastering C&C1 but then giving up before remastering the best one.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1826 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

@hardwenzen: 1. You apparently didn’t play the remakes to see how awesome they are. 2. Someone needs to slap you hard across the mouth.

I don't know why but this shit made me laugh a lot harder than I should have.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 32420 Posts

Blizzard's the new EA.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 55444 Posts
@Litchie said:

Blizzard's the new EA.

Nah EA is still EA because they still make crap and still sell a lot.

And this has little to do with Blizzard; this is all on Activision.

the project died following Activision’s decision to officially merge developer Vicarious Visions into Blizzard.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 21934 Posts

That sucks... I was hoping this was coming.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 32420 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Little to do with Blizzard? Activision is Blizzard. Blizzard is Activision. They're called Activision Blizzard. They still operate separately?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 55444 Posts

@Litchie said:

@mrbojangles25: Little to do with Blizzard? Activision is Blizzard. Blizzard is Activision. They're called Activision Blizzard. They still operate separately?

IIRC they can. Mergers such as this consist of multiple companies coming together to make a single company, but they can and do still operate autonomously. They usually share resources, some decisions are made way high up at the board level, but for the most part they are doing their own thing.

Vicarious Visions was Activision's company, not Blizzards, and their fate was decided by Activision even they their staff was ultimately absorbed by Blizzard.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Super shitty news I love the remasters probably my favorite game of 2020. it's a damn shame when shit like this happens but not surprising just depressing AF.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 23537 Posts

@warmblur said:

Super shitty news I love the remasters probably my favorite game of 2020. it's a damn shame when shit like this happens but not surprising just depressing AF.

why this is sad news?

are not remastered the one that destroying gaming industry but all of sudden we need remaster othersie its depressing?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4175 Posts

THPS3 was my favorite in the franchise. The remakes of 1+2 were amazing and my favorite games to just zone out to. I really hope MS revives this once the buyout happens.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 12654 Posts

Don't know why the Tony Hawks 1 and 2 Remake is still so expensive. I'm interested, but even on sale it cost more than I'm willing to pay for that.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3168 Posts

I remember buying Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 on PS2, I never played Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 5637 Posts
@davillain said:
@sargentd said:

For me, I always favor Tony Hawks games back in the days on PS1/Dreamcast, those games really introduce me to awesome Bands, the games were in their primes. I played Tony Hawks to Tony Hawks: Underground. When Skate came along, it really put the Hawk to shame and Skate was the new player in town, Tony Hawk's games really took the L very badly.

But yeah, I own THPS Remaster and it was a nice trip to nostalgic land but ever since I got used to playing Skate, it's kinda hard to go back and play THPS. Plus we're getting a new Skate game aka Skate 4 is in development so I'll just wait for that and as for THPS 3/4 Remake, err I'll wait for reviews if I wanna play it.

To each their own. Wasn't a fan of skate. I get why people like the more realism but I don't care about that in a skateboard game. I love how over the top it is in THPS. Same reason I like SSX over Steep or Burnout over Dirt. Not knocking people that prefer realism, I get people wanting a more realistic game, but I will always prefer the more over the top stuff when it comes to playing a video game.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 2852 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Activision puts all its eggs in the same basket: COD. They have a dozen studios just making COD.

I really hope COD flops hard and Activision vanishes off the face of the earth.

Same. I know tons of people still love playing COD every year but jeez that series needs to take a long break.