Tomb Raider is like Uncharted for adults

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by FinalFighters (2782 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"] Looks at the person in your avatar... And you claim I have never been laid! Hahaha what a joke!mccoyca112

I have bad ass character from a game as my avatar. You have some reall life mentally ill and self-mutilated females that you find attractive in your sig. There is no spinning this one.

131168382487.gif?1318992465

:lol::lol:

#152 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

I can understand traditional TR fans hating it, but I think for the very first time they actually got the gunplay right. It is basically an R rated Tomb Raider. Some of those finishing moves....DAMN.

The leveling system is pretty straightforward but very solid. and I enjoyed all of the setpieces a lot more than the way they were done in any of the Uncharted games. It seems like they knew how long certain non-interactive things should be so they didn't get in the way of the gameplay. I never felt any of the cutscenes overstayed their welcome and the QTE's, which I normally HATE were pretty well done.

Eddie-Vedder
You seriously think TR has better set pieces? That boggles my mind. Uncharted has way better set pieces, TR simply had run forward and jump set pieces.

Exactly this:) [Quote="epicgameplayer"]Tomb Raider's idea of "cinemtaic" gameplay is having you push forward on the stick while Micheal Bay explosions go off every where around you etc While by comparison, Here is an example of Uncharted's perfected cinematic gameplay I.e the train level in Uncharted 2: You are on a dynamic moving and rendered train The animations calculate according to the train's movements, and it actually effects gameplay! It makes steady aiming more difficult, not frustratingly impossible but just a little more difficult (great blanace by Naughty Dog) SO you have to be smart and aim when the train is steady, And it also means you have to time your jumps from one train car to the next accordingly as the train turns a corner!

Little touches that make HUGE differences [Quote="epicgameplayer"]There are even multi-levels to the train! You can stay low or at any point you can climb up to the top of the train to get the drop on enemies! You can even sneak up and suprise enemies or you can go all rambo through out! You play that level in Uncharted how ever way you want. The segment introduced gun play and platforming or traversal flawlessly as one too. (That is when Uncharted is at its best and is destroying the "gameplay" in other third person games) The train level is one of the best levels of any third person shooter I have ever played (the shipyard level in Uncharted 3 being one of them too) The train level even flawlessly tranistions to the next segment of the game in real time and during gameplay

All things considered, Uncharted 2 really was a ground breaking game! Its a shame Naughty Dog doesnt get more respect on forums for what they created with Uncharted. Uncharted is special and defined this gen! [Quote="epicgameplayer"]So anyway, That train sequence contains 100% of legitimate and more importantly awesome gameplay, and it manages that while having an unrivaled cinematic flare. That IS HOW YOU DO cinematic GAMPLAY. Naughty Dog perfected the formula. Other developers cant even manage to touch it

All in all, Uncharted really does crush Tomb Raider in most presentation, story, gameplay, and cinematic gameplay departments
#153 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

Stop creating threadsMonsieurX

#154 Posted by Pdiddy105 (4577 posts) -

more like uncharted for kids since the puzzles are a joke and can be solved by anyone with an IQ higher than 20.

#155 Posted by gamefan67 (10034 posts) -
From what I've played Tomb Raider crushes Uncharted in every aspect related to gameplay. combat is superior platforming is superior puzzles and exploration are vastly superior replay value for the main single player is definitely high, multiplayer is mediocre so I guess UC wins in this category too. Uncharted definitely has better characters and more charm, but Tomb Raider really isnt going for charm.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#156 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

I like love both series...case closed. I like Lara better than Drake, but this first Tomb Raider story was weaker than any of the 3 Uncharted stories. The combat in Tomb Raider was vastly superior to any Uncharted game though. Thankfully as a PS3 owner got I to play them both....

epicgameplayer

I respect your opinion a lot! You know that:) I think you are a good poster But I have to disagree here How is the combat in Tomb Raider better? In Tomb Raider you melee once an enemy is stunned, and its the same thing every time - - brick to the face- or once you buy the upgrade- an axe to the head By the way, that's so cheap that you have to "buy" "upgrades" in Tomb Raider just to get more then 1 meele move Uncharted 3 had an improved hand to hand combat system. It was fluid, smooth, and interwined with the rest of the gameplay All the Uncharted games have had much better combat then Tomb Raider When people say Tomb Raider has "better combat" I think they are talking about the bow and arrow! In that case, I agree, shooting the bow and arrow is kind of fun lol But aiming with the guns is broken in Tomb Raider Uncharted has much better gun play! Over all , as a complete package, I enjoyed most of the combat encounters in Uncharted 2 infinently more! And IMO no single part in Tomb Raider even comes close to touching the shipyard level in Uncharted 3

Not true there are actually 6 finishers. Axe to head, arrow to neck , pistol execution, Shotgun execution, assault rife finisher and a counter finisher. You also have melee with the axe. Do expect a woman to fight fist to fist? Just the bow by itself makes Tomb Raider combat better. Upgrading your weapons and u different ammo types: napalm arrows, exploding arrows, flaming shotgun rounds  and choice of using silencers on every weapon but the shotgun. You can take enemies out in a lot different ways: stealth, distraction, using the environment...Uncharted is so inferior in combat I cannot even see how you are arguing this.

I like both series so I'm not going say anything negative about Uncharted, but it is not superior in every way.

#157 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
Take it from me I have actually played and beaten Uncharted and Tomb Raider Uncharted beats Tomb Raider out in every aspect pertaining to game play and presentation -Uncharted has superior gun play -Uncharted has better ACTUAL hand to hand combat -Uncharted's traversal mechanics are more flawlesly woven into encounters with enemies. Makes for better gun battles -A.I in Uncharted is better -Cinematic gameplay is far superior and far more gameplay orientated in Uncharted - The exploration in Tomb Raider is dumbed down and reserved only for hub "worlds" to collect treasures. -The puzzels in Tomb Raider are not anything to write home about either! As a complete game, Uncharted is vastly superior Down the road, Tomb Raider will be forgotten about While Uncharted 2 is one of the greatest games of all time and set the precedent for games like Tomb Raider to copy from
#158 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
brofists still masturbatin'? :|
#159 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="gamefan67"]From what I've played Tomb Raider crushes Uncharted in every aspect related to gameplay. combat is superior platforming is superior puzzles and exploration are vastly superior replay value for the main single player is definitely high, multiplayer is mediocre so I guess UC wins in this category too. Uncharted definitely has better characters and more charm, but Tomb Raider really isnt going for charm.

You excuse Tomb Raiders lack of an interesting story and lack of interesting characters by saying Tomb Raider isnt going for the "charm" Uncharted has... Well then, by that same account, Uncharted isnt going for the half assed "exploration" that is in Tomb Raider;) Neither is Uncharted trying to be a puzzle game! The puzzels in Uncharted are just there to break up the action! The point is Uncharted has the much better devliery of its story, and has much more interesting characters that you care about. Uncharted has a charm to it, and an identity of its own Tomb Raider has no identity! Also, Uncharted's hand to hand to combat is wayyy better, and thats not an over statement! Hand to hand combat in Tomb Raider is basically a clunky and choppy QTE, and its very limited. Lets be real here, stop the fanboy non sense, As a complete package Tomb Raider doesnt touch Uncharted. Tomb Raider is just a good copy cat clone of Uncharted, and nothing more
#160 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
Tomb Raider has a lot of QTEs And Tomb Raider's idea of "cinemtaic" gameplay is having you push forward on the stick while Micheal Bay explosions go off every where around you etc Uncharted's idea of cinematic gameplay involves , ya know, actual top notch gameplay I.e train level. Collapsing Building level etc
#161 Posted by sts106mat (24250 posts) -
STFU brofists
#163 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

I like love both series...case closed. I like Lara better than Drake, but this first Tomb Raider story was weaker than any of the 3 Uncharted stories. The combat in Tomb Raider was vastly superior to any Uncharted game though. Thankfully as a PS3 owner got I to play them both....

StrongBlackVine

I respect your opinion a lot! You know that:) I think you are a good poster But I have to disagree here How is the combat in Tomb Raider better? In Tomb Raider you melee once an enemy is stunned, and its the same thing every time - - brick to the face- or once you buy the upgrade- an axe to the head By the way, that's so cheap that you have to "buy" "upgrades" in Tomb Raider just to get more then 1 meele move Uncharted 3 had an improved hand to hand combat system. It was fluid, smooth, and interwined with the rest of the gameplay All the Uncharted games have had much better combat then Tomb Raider When people say Tomb Raider has "better combat" I think they are talking about the bow and arrow! In that case, I agree, shooting the bow and arrow is kind of fun lol But aiming with the guns is broken in Tomb Raider Uncharted has much better gun play! Over all , as a complete package, I enjoyed most of the combat encounters in Uncharted 2 infinently more! And IMO no single part in Tomb Raider even comes close to touching the shipyard level in Uncharted 3

Not true there are actually 6 finishers. Axe to head, arrow to neck , pistol execution, Shotgun execution, assault rife finisher and a counter finisher. You also have melee with the axe. Do expect a woman to fight fist to fist? Just the bow by itself makes Tomb Raider combat better. Upgrading your weapons and u different ammo types: napalm arrows, exploding arrows, flaming shotgun rounds  and choice of using silencers on every weapon but the shotgun. You can take enemies out in a lot different ways: stealth, distraction, using the environment...Uncharted is so inferior in combat I cannot even see how you are arguing this.

I like both series so I'm not going say anything negative about Uncharted, but it is not superior in every way.

That doesnt explain how the core combat is better. Uncharted has actual hand to hand combat. You have to stun enemies in Tomb Raider to "activate" hand to hand combat, then you do a QTE. Combat in Tomb Raider is a clunky QTE. Yeah, there is an RPG lite system to level up the weapons in Tomb Raider too, but it's all superficial and doesn't provide any real benefit. And keep in mind, In Uncharted you can sneak kill enemies at times too When Uncharted is on, its traversal mechanics tie into the gun play a whole lot better....thats when Uncharted is at its best IMO Also, what about the vertical shoot outs in Uncharted 3? Those were friggen awesome! This notion that Tomb Raider has vastly superior combat is utterly ridiculous to me, and i say that as someone who still did enjoy Tomb Raider! Ive maintained that Tomb Raider is a good game. Its just not on Uncharted's level. I respect your opinion though, so we agree to disagree p.s The whole sequence towards the later part of Tomb Raider, where you have to save your group in that cage like box hanging from the ceiling.. ...the ground crumbles and you are dangling while there is molten lava underneath you and then you have to traverse your way to safety... You know what part im talking about, right? ....then you spend like the next hour running and traversing from collapsing pieces of the environment, while everthing is on fire, and explosions are going off all around you etc..... That sequence in Tomb Raider is all like a poor man's version of the chatue level in Uncharted 3! Thats the 100% truth lol I would much rather play that segment in Uncharted 3 though! It was much better done in Uncharted 3! Much better done! -Bigger spectacle, more gameplay orientated....and not to mention, the better story and more interesting characters driving you along etc Just another example of what i have been talking about.
#164 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Give it a rest brofist.

You're embarrassing yourself.

#165 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

Give it a rest brofist.

Sagem28
Totally! If backing up what you have to say is embaressing yourself Then sure, I have been embaressing myself thorughly! The people who have actually read my posts know that im right, that i make sense, and that my opinions are based in actual reality Its the people dismissing Uncharted in this thread who are truly embaressing themselfes! Keep this in mind, Uncharted 2 is one of the highest rated games of this gen Where is Tomb Raider rated at? Exactly! Uncharted 2 won 150+ GOTY awards! How many will Tomb Raider win? Yeah, exactly haha For crying out loud, Tomb Raider is an Uncharted clone at the end of the day!
#166 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

I'm not reading all that.

#167 Posted by sts106mat (24250 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Give it a rest brofist.

epicgameplayer
Totally! If backing up what you have to say, and being based in reality is embaressing yourself Then sure, I have been embaressing myself thorughly! The people who actually read my posts know that im right, that i make sense, and that my opinions are based in actual reality Its the people dismissing Uncharted in this thread who are truly embaressimg themselfes! Keep this in mind, Uncharted 2 is rated one of the highest games of this gen Where is Tomb Raider rated at? Exactly! Uncharted 2 won 150+ GOTY awards How many will Tomb Raider win? Yeah, exactly For crying out loud! Tomb Raider is an Uncharted clone at the end of the day!

you are a mentalist, uncharted is a clone of tomb raider, there's a reason its nicknamed "dude raider"
#168 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
brofists still masturbatin'? :|rjdofu
First you and freedomfreak are writing each other "I love yous" And now you are talking about masterbation! There is something wrong with you! Are you having some supressed sexual urges, because all you can talk about is that! You know what i say in my posts is true though
#170 Posted by sts106mat (24250 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"][QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] Totally! If backing up what you have to say, and being based in reality is embaressing yourself Then sure, I have been embaressing myself thorughly! The people who actually read my posts know that im right, that i make sense, and that my opinions are based in actual reality Its the people dismissing Uncharted in this thread who are truly embaressimg themselfes! Keep this in mind, Uncharted 2 is rated one of the highest games of this gen Where is Tomb Raider rated at? Exactly! Uncharted 2 won 150+ GOTY awards How many will Tomb Raider win? Yeah, exactly For crying out loud! Tomb Raider is an Uncharted clone at the end of the day!

you are a mentalist, uncharted is a clone of tomb raider, there's a reason its nicknamed "dude raider"

Typical delfection from a dumb brit like you! Where is Tomb Raider rated at compared to Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3 again? How many GOTY awards did Uncharted 2 win again? Over 150+ How many GOTY awards will Tomb Raider win lol. Not even a fraction of that! Point set and match Also, Uncharted was never a copy cat of Tomb Raider either That was just non sense hater forum talk from trolls like you But Tomb Raider sure as hell is a copy cat of Uncharted You lems should appreciate Naughty dog with what they did with Uncharted, because its the Uncharted they made which layed down the formula for games like Tomb Raider to copy from or draw inspiratiom from And still, Tomb Raider doesnt even come close to touching Uncharted nor having the magic that Uncharted has

awards =/= proof of uncharted not being a clone of tomb raider. i have said a number of times that i am not even a fan of the tomb raider games, i only enjoyed 1 and 2 for very short periods of time back in the day. as for your point about us lems thanking ND for tombraider. perhaps you should thank Epic for Gears of War because without it, uncharted would have been a completely different game. - http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1063301/naughty_dog_gritty_xbox_shooters_shaped_uncharted.html http://www.1up.com/news/gritty-xbox-shooters-caused-uncharted-move-away-tolkien-elements GAME SET MATCH _ WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP LOL
#171 Posted by delta3074 (19958 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] The only "reason" why you "love" Tomb Raider and "can't stand" Uncharted is because you are a deluded lemming. Tomb Raider will be forgotten about in a month or two once the post release hysteria calms down

Or maybe he has his own opinion of which games he likes and which games he doesn't, get down of your high horse, your opinion is no more important than anybody elses, in fact, it's probably less important Brofists Tombraider will never be forgotten about as a franchise and will be remebered in gaming history long after UC franchise has been forgotten, thats the difference between Lara croft and Nathan drake, Lara Croft is a gaming icon, Nathan drake is not.
#172 Posted by delta3074 (19958 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] For crying out loud, Tomb Raider is an Uncharted clone at the end of the day!

No it isn't, Tomb raider came first and all that climbing around you do in uncharted Tomb raider was doing 2 generations ago, Virtually every aspect of UC is heavily influenced by tomb raider,Uncharted, assassins creed virtually any game that involves any sort of climbing is a clone of the original tomb raider.
#173 Posted by freedomfreak (50296 posts) -
There are some users on this board of which I believe they have a mental disorder, or are just plain stupid. Brofists is one of them.
#175 Posted by freedomfreak (50296 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]i thought uncharted was inspired by Indiana Jones? drake jokes, has a small note book, finds treasures that are dangerous and end the world, exactly like indiana jones also remember Harrison Ford UC3 ad? what exactly did uncharted take from TR? its a shooter like gears of war which ND admitted that.

Yeah, I've always said that it's better to compare Uncharted to Gears of War. People just went with the Tomb Raider comparison, and that's how it shall always be.
#176 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] you are a mentalist, uncharted is a clone of tomb raider, there's a reason its nicknamed "dude raider"

Typical delfection from a dumb brit like you! Where is Tomb Raider rated at compared to Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3 again? How many GOTY awards did Uncharted 2 win again? Over 150+ How many GOTY awards will Tomb Raider win lol. Not even a fraction of that! Point set and match Also, Uncharted was never a copy cat of Tomb Raider either That was just non sense hater forum talk from trolls like you But Tomb Raider sure as hell is a copy cat of Uncharted You lems should appreciate Naughty dog with what they did with Uncharted, because its the Uncharted they made which layed down the formula for games like Tomb Raider to copy from or draw inspiratiom from And still, Tomb Raider doesnt even come close to touching Uncharted nor having the magic that Uncharted has

awards =/= proof of uncharted not being a clone of tomb raider. i have said a number of times that i am not even a fan of the tomb raider games, i only enjoyed 1 and 2 for very short periods of time back in the day. as for your point about us lems thanking ND for tombraider. perhaps you should thank Epic for Gears of War because without it, uncharted would have been a completely different game. - http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1063301/naughty_dog_gritty_xbox_shooters_shaped_uncharted.html http://www.1up.com/news/gritty-xbox-shooters-caused-uncharted-move-away-tolkien-elements GAME SET MATCH _ WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP LOL

I loved the old Tomb Raider games. I even enjoyed this new Tomb Raider, its a great game, its just not on Uncharted's level And people should give credit to Uncharted, because its Uncharted which layed down the foundation for games like Tomb Raider to now copy from Anyway, You, freedom freak, and miketheman83 are truly some of the most mentally insane posters i have ever had the misfortune of comimg across! I will adress the last part of your post next
#177 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] Typical delfection from a dumb brit like you! Where is Tomb Raider rated at compared to Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3 again? How many GOTY awards did Uncharted 2 win again? Over 150+ How many GOTY awards will Tomb Raider win lol. Not even a fraction of that! Point set and match Also, Uncharted was never a copy cat of Tomb Raider either That was just non sense hater forum talk from trolls like you But Tomb Raider sure as hell is a copy cat of Uncharted You lems should appreciate Naughty dog with what they did with Uncharted, because its the Uncharted they made which layed down the formula for games like Tomb Raider to copy from or draw inspiratiom from And still, Tomb Raider doesnt even come close to touching Uncharted nor having the magic that Uncharted hasepicgameplayer

I loved the old Tomb Raider games. I even enjoyed this new Tomb Raider, its just not on Uncharted's level And people should give credit to Uncharted, because its Uncharted which layed down the foundation for games like Tomb Raider to now copy from Anyway, You, freedom freak, and miketheman83 are truly some of the most deluded and mentally ill posters i have ever had the misfortune of comimg across! I will adress the last part of your post next

Please, don't :(.

And get your hands off freedom :evil:

#178 Posted by delta3074 (19958 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] You have to stun enemies in Tomb Raider to "activate" hand to hand combat, then you do a QTE. Combat in Tomb Raider is a clunky QTE.

what a load of rubbish, there a 3 hit combo with the climbing axe you don't have to stun your enemys to engage in Melee combat at all, i doubt you have even played tombraider long enough to get that perk though.
#179 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"]Or maybe he has his own opinion of which games he likes and which games he doesn't, get down of your high horse, your opinion is no more important than anybody elses, in fact, it's probably less important Brofists Tombraider will never be forgotten about as a franchise and will be remebered in gaming history long after UC franchise has been forgotten, thats the difference between Lara croft and Nathan drake, Lara Croft is a gaming icon, Nathan drake is not.

Its obvious by his posting history what the deal is with him! The fact he says he cant stand Uncharted yet loves Tomb Raider, when Tomb Raider is similair to Uncharted, it is like come on now. Its ridiculous and it's a contradiction plain and simple The only reason he would say that is because he is a lem! Suprise! Coupled with his posting history, its all the more proof that his "opinions" arent coming from a real place He also doesnt need you to defend him mister white knight You dont know what his deal was and why he said what he said, so you need to stop your assumptions as well Anyway, Uncharted defined this generation! Naughty Dog with Uncharted created the gameplay formula you see games like Tomb Raider trying to copy from now No way will Uncharted ever ever be forgotten! That is just crazy talk on your part. However, this new reboot of Tomb Raider wont be remembered from this gen, While like already stated, Uncharted 2 is one of the highest rated games of this gen and created its own genre (the genre you see Tomb Raider going in now) Yes, the old Tomb Raider games were classic, but more so, what made the series famous or iconic were the Tomb Raider movies with Angelina Jolie Uncharted will soon pass Tomb Raider up as the more iconic video game franchise over all, based on its merits as a game, and Drake is quickly becoming an icon too but based on the merits of his video game
#180 Posted by freedomfreak (50296 posts) -
And get your hands off freedom :evil:rjdofu
He can never have me
#181 Posted by sts106mat (24250 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] You, freedom freak, and miketheman83 are truly some of the most deluded and mentally ill posters i have ever had the misfortune of comimg across!

really? deluded because we point out that your opinions =/= facts?
#182 Posted by delta3074 (19958 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] Its obvious by his posting history what the deal is with him! Lemming! And the fact he says he cant stand Umcharted yet loves Tomb Raider, when Tomb Raider is a clone of Uncharted, and is similair to Uncharted, it is ridiculous and it's a contradiction plain and simple The only reason he would say that is because hes a lem Coupled with his posting history, you know his "opinions" arent coming from a real place He also doesnt need you to defend him white knight You dont know what his deal was and why he said what he said, so you need to stop your assumptions as well Anyway, Uncharted defined this generation! Naughty Dog with Uncharted created the gameplay formula you see games like Tomb Raider trying to copy from now No way will Uncharted ever ever be forgotten. This new reboot of Tomb Raider wont even be remembered from.this gen, while like already stated, Uncharted 2 is one of the highest rated games of this gen and created its own genre (the genre you see the new Tomb Raider game going in) The old Tomb Raoder games were classic, but what made the series iconic was the Tomb Raoder movies with Angelina Jolie Uncharted will soon pass Tomb Raider as the more iconic video game franchose over all, and Drakw is quickly becoming an icon Tomb Raider will be forgotten about in a month or two once the post release hysteria calms down

Tomb raider is not an Uncharted clone, Tomb raider did everything you do in uncharted (apart from the cover system) FIRST, Uncharteds platforming is a Clone of Tomb raiders platforming, the only thing uncharted did before Tomb raider was overblown cinematic sequences, hell it didn't even do QTE events before tomb raider, also, you might want to look up the defintion of Clone, i fail to see how tomb raider is a clone of uncharted when tomb raider has been around since 1995 and uncharted has only been a round 6-7 years. Just accept the Fact that there are people in this world who think Tomb raider is better than uncharted, shocking i know, that people would have there own opnions on things, how dare there opinion be different to yours Brofist, it's a sabotage,lol
#183 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]And get your hands off freedom :evil:freedomfreak
He can never have me

Bro fo life!
#184 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] you are a mentalist, uncharted is a clone of tomb raider, there's a reason its nicknamed "dude raider"

Gears of War was a blatant coptly cat of Killswitch! Killswitch is the game that inspired all third person shooters, Gears of War was NOT the first cover shooter! It was simply the first to copy cover shooting and get famous for it (Despicable how Microsoft marketed Gears as being the first cover shooter out there, when in reality it was a copy cat of Killswitch) Also, gun play is the SOLE focus of Gears of War(very repetitive game) While strong gunplay is just one aspect of Uncharted etc Uncharted is so much more of a memorable gaming experience! Naughty Dog took presentation to new heights with Uncharted, while still giving the player as much control as possible. In a Gears of War game you WATCH a cut scene. In an Uncharted game you PLAY the cut scene! In Uncharted games you are also traversing big, beautiful, luscious,and often times atmospheric environments. You are engaging in brutal hand to hand combat, and fun shoot outs. At times are doing a mixture of it all etc Even solving puzzles along the way! (Here is the thing, it all makes sense with the kind of game Uncharted is too. It makes sense with the premise of the game, and its all flows smoothly! Nothing is out of place) Uncharted games have some of the smoothest, most diverse, and fun gameplay segments of any game ive played. Add the playable cinematic factors, and it kicks it all up to a tier that no other games can reach. By comparison, Gears of War is very static, repetitive, and boring in the gameplay department compared to Uncharted (and even compared to Uncharted clone Tomb Raider) Plus Gears tries way to hard to have the good stories that an Uncharted game has, and so Gears fails even more miserably in its futile attempts! Uncharted really does CRUSH Gears of War in every aspect of gaming. Uncharted contains the vastly superior gameplay and story experience. Uncharted is just the vastly superior game PERIOD! If you are a hungry gamer, Gears of War is like a cheap big mac, while Uncharted is like a 5 star sirloin steak. No comparison
#185 Posted by sts106mat (24250 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] Typical delfection from a dumb brit like you! Where is Tomb Raider rated at compared to Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3 again? How many GOTY awards did Uncharted 2 win again? Over 150+ How many GOTY awards will Tomb Raider win lol. Not even a fraction of that! Point set and match Also, Uncharted was never a copy cat of Tomb Raider either That was just non sense hater forum talk from trolls like you But Tomb Raider sure as hell is a copy cat of Uncharted You lems should appreciate Naughty dog with what they did with Uncharted, because its the Uncharted they made which layed down the formula for games like Tomb Raider to copy from or draw inspiratiom from And still, Tomb Raider doesnt even come close to touching Uncharted nor having the magic that Uncharted hasepicgameplayer

Gears of War was a blatant coptly cat of Killswitch! Killswitch is the game that inspired all third person shooters, Gears of War was NOT the first cover shooter! It was simply the first to copy cover shooting and get famous for it (Despicable how Microsoft marketed Gears as being the first cover shooter out there, when in reality it was a copy cat of Killswitch) Also, gun play is the SOLE focus of Gears of War(very repetitive game) While strong gunplay is just one aspect of Uncharted etc Uncharted is so much more of a memorable gaming experience! Naughty Dog took presentation to new heights with Uncharted, while still giving the player as much control as possible. In a Gears of War game you WATCH a cut scene. In an Uncharted game you PLAY the cut scene! In Uncharted games you are also traversing big, beautiful, luscious,and often times atmospheric environments. You are engaging in brutal hand to hand combat, and fun shoot outs. At times are doing a mixture of it all etc Even solving puzzles along the way! (Here is the thing, it all makes sense with the kind of game Uncharted is too. It makes sense with the premise of the game, and its all flows smoothly! Nothing is out of place) Uncharted games have some of the smoothest, most diverse, and fun gameplay segments of any game ive played. Add the playable cinematic factors, and it kicks it all up to a tier that no other games can reach. By comparison, Gears of War is very static, repetitive, and boring in the gameplay department compared to Uncharted (and even compared to Uncharted clone Tomb Raider) Plus Gears tries way to hard to have the good stories that an Uncharted game has, and so Gears fails even more miserably in its futile attempts! Uncharted really does CRUSH Gears of War in every aspect of gaming. Uncharted contains the vastly superior gameplay and story experience. Uncharted is just the vastly superior game PERIOD! If you are a hungry gamer, Gears of War is like a cheap big mac, while Uncharted is like a 5 star sirloin steak. No comparison

way to completely ignore the two articles i linked.   read them, then make your reply, instead of a typical brofists copy and paste job

#186 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"] Its obvious by his posting history what the deal is with him! Lemming! And the fact he says he cant stand Umcharted yet loves Tomb Raider, when Tomb Raider is a clone of Uncharted, and is similair to Uncharted, it is ridiculous and it's a contradiction plain and simple The only reason he would say that is because hes a lem Coupled with his posting history, you know his "opinions" arent coming from a real place He also doesnt need you to defend him white knight You dont know what his deal was and why he said what he said, so you need to stop your assumptions as well Anyway, Uncharted defined this generation! Naughty Dog with Uncharted created the gameplay formula you see games like Tomb Raider trying to copy from now No way will Uncharted ever ever be forgotten. This new reboot of Tomb Raider wont even be remembered from.this gen, while like already stated, Uncharted 2 is one of the highest rated games of this gen and created its own genre (the genre you see the new Tomb Raider game going in) The old Tomb Raoder games were classic, but what made the series iconic was the Tomb Raoder movies with Angelina Jolie Uncharted will soon pass Tomb Raider as the more iconic video game franchose over all, and Drakw is quickly becoming an icon Tomb Raider will be forgotten about in a month or two once the post release hysteria calms down

Tomb raider is not an Uncharted clone, Tomb raider did everything you do in uncharted (apart from the cover system) FIRST, Uncharteds platforming is a Clone of Tomb raiders platforming, the only thing uncharted did before Tomb raider was overblown cinematic sequences, hell it didn't even do QTE events before tomb raider, also, you might want to look up the defintion of Clone, i fail to see how tomb raider is a clone of uncharted when tomb raider has been around since 1995 and uncharted has only been a round 6-7 years. Just accept the Fact that there are people in this world who think Tomb raider is better than uncharted, shocking i know, that people would have there own opnions on things, how dare there opinion be different to yours Brofist, it's a sabotage,lol

The original Tomb Raider was all about raiding tombs etc hence the name Uncharted is NOTHING like Tomb Raider in premise, story, or in anything else for that matter. It wasnt even another video game which inspired Uncharted, what inspired Uncharted were pulp action movies like Idania Jones etc And only forum trolls ever said that Uncharted was like Tomb Raider. It was their irrational way to irrationally attempt to take away from Uncharted's uniqueness at the time Also, In the orginal Tomb Raider, the controls were wonky, and the difficulity of the "platforming" was actually due to its archiac controls Unchated was a first of its kind when it came out. The platforming was also a whole lot smoother etc You really have no clue what you are talking about! This new Tomb Raider actually is a blatant copy cat of Uncharted If you cant see that then you are seriously deluded! From the presentation style to the level design to the mixture of traversal etc ITS TRYING to be Uncharted Tomb Raider also even tries to do the big epic cinematic gameplay momemts that Uncharted does, But it fails and i will tell you why Uncharted's epic cinematic gameplay moments revolve around actual gameplay etc (train level, collapsing building level etc) Where as in Tomb Raider you are just pushing the stick forward as micheal bay explosions occur all around you! Lastly, LOL at you acting like yours or his opinions are the only opinions that matter In fact, you have never even played an Uncharted game before so you have no room to speak here You have no business being in this thread! Go PLAY UNCHARTED before you ever speak about it in threads like this Proves how much of a joke you are Yes, maybe some will prefer Tomb Raider over Uncharted, But I guarantee you that many more will prefer Uncharted. YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THAT And the fact is, Uncharted is rated higher, and created the gameplay formula you see Tomb Raider trying to copy DEAL WITH IT A
#187 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] awards =/= proof of uncharted not being a clone of tomb raider. i have said a number of times that i am not even a fan of the tomb raider games, i only enjoyed 1 and 2 for very short periods of time back in the day. as for your point about us lems thanking ND for tombraider. perhaps you should thank Epic for Gears of War because without it, uncharted would have been a completely different game. - http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1063301/naughty_dog_gritty_xbox_shooters_shaped_uncharted.html http://www.1up.com/news/gritty-xbox-shooters-caused-uncharted-move-away-tolkien-elements GAME SET MATCH _ WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP LOLrjdofu

I loved the old Tomb Raider games. I even enjoyed this new Tomb Raider, its just not on Uncharted's level And people should give credit to Uncharted, because its Uncharted which layed down the foundation for games like Tomb Raider to now copy from Anyway, You, freedom freak, and miketheman83 are truly some of the most deluded and mentally ill posters i have ever had the misfortune of comimg across! I will adress the last part of your post next

Please, don't :(.

And get your hands off freedom :evil:

I have a question Honestly, why do you like him? Also why do you have such a big hard on for disagreeing with everything i say no matter what? I know that you know i make some good points at the least here and there Anyway, cheers and have a good day
#188 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]And get your hands off freedom :evil:freedomfreak
He can never have me

I dont want you! I know you want me though, and thats why you waist away hours of your day trying to get my attention /trying to troll me etc Its ok, i know im irresistible:)
#189 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

You're still posting brofist?

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#190 Posted by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

This thread got brofisted.

#191 Posted by Zaibach (13466 posts) -

Obviously_Right

:lol:

#192 Posted by sts106mat (24250 posts) -

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

Zaibach

Zaibach's  sig in 30 years 

Alex Daddario

confused-old-woman.jpg?w=300&h=199

#193 Posted by Zaibach (13466 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

sts106mat

Alex Daddario

60 years

#194 Posted by sts106mat (24250 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]:lol:

Zaibach

Alex Daddario

60 years

better make it 70 looking at it again lol

#195 Posted by freedomfreak (50296 posts) -
It must suck being tied to one system and its games. Defending it from anyone that says something negative about it to the point where you come back after your acount has been banned to make sure those people cannot get away with it. Not to mention having multiple accounts, just so there's someone that agrees with your fanboy drivel. I'm looking for a word....something something pathetic. Yes! Pathetic.
#196 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
When you can only afford one system, it must suck for the people who made the mistake of going with the 360 I.e little to no exclusives, and in fact the tiny amount of exclusives the 360 does have are boring, shallow, and repetitive (are avaivable on PC anyway too lol) Then there is the total scam that is xbl- 60$ a year for basic online play, and apps which are free to use every where else are also hidden behind that yearly xbox live pay wall fee. M$ truly is corporate scum. The gamers who only have a PS3 are getting the best of exclusives, the best graphics, and the best free online features! PS3 gamers arent missing missing out on a thing(360 ganers are missing out) So no need to feel sorry for PS3 gamers:) I would tell you to feel sorry for lems instead, but they dont even deserve that sympathy factor considering the way they have been acting up through out this gen. Now anyway, What is funny about your whole rant, is that unlike lems who pretend to have a PS3, and troll anything playstation related etc, I do have a 360 and have probably played my 360 over this gen more then lems have (Mostly from the begining of this gen lol. I havent had a reason to consistently play my 360 for several years now due to NO GAMES lol.. AND neither have lems lol) I speak the truth and dont worship everything M$ related like xbots do. Oh noez, that must make me teh fanboz and means i dont have a 360. Just gtfo! 360 fanatics are the worst group of fans on the planet! From what i have noticed over the years, Everything lems accuse cows of they are truly 100× more guilty of And at least cows have a steady supply of great PS3 exclusive games to talk about in the first place Lems actually spend more time talking about PS3 exclusives then every body else, That speaks to how they have no 360 games to talk about lol or how they would rather talk about PS3 exclusives then talk about their mindless Halo/Gears shooters lol
#197 Posted by shellcase86 (3745 posts) -

I felt Uncharted has adult themes and presentation.

#198 Posted by sts106mat (24250 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]When you can only afford one system, it must suck for the people who made the mistake of going with the 360 I.e little to no exusives, and in fact the tiny amount of exclusives the 360 does have are boring, shallow, and repetitive (Are avaivable on PC anyway too lol) Then there is the total scam that is xbl- 60$ a year for basic online play and apps which are free to use every where else also being hidden behind that pay wall. Just despicable by M$ The gamers who only have a PS3 are getting the best of exclusives, graphics, and features, and arent missing out on a thing. No need to feel sorry for them:) I would tell you to feel sorry for lems instead, but they dont even deserve that the way they have been acting up! Now anyway, What is funny about your whole rant, is that unlike lems who pretend to have a PS3, I do have a 360 and have probably played my 360 in total over this gen more then lems have But when i speak the truth and dont worship everything M$ related, oh noez, i am teh fanboyz and have never played a 360 360 fanatics are the worst group of fans on the planet by far Everything they accuse cows of they are 100× more guilty of And at least cows have games to talk about in the first place Lems actually spend more time talking about PS3 exclusives then every body else

how many games have you played on your PS3 brofists?
#199 Posted by freedomfreak (50296 posts) -
rofl man, that's messed up.
#200 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

Every time I read the tittle I think of the image with the kid playing mature games. :P