Tomb Raider is like Uncharted for adults

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -
Yet, its puzzles are designed for children.
#52 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
I actually despise open world games too. Lots of open world games have hours and hours of boring filler content, and boring worlds that you don't want to explore. Most open world games dont give you any incentives to explore their "open worlds" etc Just a big waist of time to me! Tomb Raider is very, and i mean very linear at the end of the day, but not in the best way! What I love is when a game like Uncharted does linear the right way, makes fun gameplay as exciting as possible while driving you along the way with a well told story you care about Uncharted never waists your time with non sense Uncharted has amazing gameplay, stunning multi-level design which takes full advantage of Uncharted's varied gameplay(Very smooth) Uncharted also has amazing graphics, good and well told stories, and strong character perforamnces! Uncharted is the complete package! Playing Uncharted is an enthralling gaming experience that lasts with you. SO FAR there has been no greater feeling in video games then playing a Naughty Dog created Uncharted game for the first time IMO (Last of Us looks to be the evolution of everything Naughty Dog has learned while with Last of Us they will be focusing a lot more on dynamic A.I, which can be revolutionary, and pure gameplay, which is awesome too. I love what ever Naughty Dog does really, because what ever it is they do, they do it right and with care) Anyway, Why I prefer that (Uncharted) over open world is.....Its the principle of Quality>> Quantity I would still rather play even Tomb Raider, which is a b level Uncharted clone, then play most open world games Too many gamers give any game that happens to be "open world" a free pass for every thing Some gamers here literally will get hard for the term open world... But so far, a very little amount of open world games have actually done the "open world" thing well. Many have just not been that good There are more bad open world games then there are bad linear games Of course an open world game done right can be awesome too! Just like anything done right is awesome! Imagine a game with the charm, gameplay prowess, story, presentation, and cinematic gameplay of Uuncharted in an open world setting DONE right, and in a way that made sense? It could be intriguing It could just as easily fall flat on its face however I don't want Uncharted to go more towards an open world just for the sake of it. That's just not the type of game Uncharted is either So only if it made sense while the Uncharted experience was still left in tact
#53 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
Shut up brofists.
#54 Posted by Heil68 (57859 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Stop creating threadsheeweesRus

#55 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]I actually despise open world games too. Lots of open world games have hours and hours of boring filler content, and boring worlds that you don't want to explore. Most open world games dont give you any incentives to explore their "open worlds" etc Just a big waist of time! What I love is when a game like Uncharted does linear the right way, makes fun gameplay as exciting as possible while driving you along the way with a well told story you care about Uncharted never waists your time with non sense Uncharted has amazing gameplay, stunning multi level design which takes full advantage of Uncharted's varied gameplay. Very smooth. Amazing graphics. Good and well told stories, and strong character perforamnces. Uncharted is the complete package. Playing Uncharted is an enthralling gaming experience that lasts with you. Its the principle of Quality>> Quantity I would still rather play even Tomb Raider the Uncharted clone, then play most open world games Too many gamers give any game that happens to be "open world" a free pass for every thing, just because its open world Some gamers here literally will get hard for the term open world. But so far, very little open world games have actually done the "open world" thing well, and have been good There are way more bad open world games then there are bad linear games

oh yeah oh fvck yeah aaaaaaaah yeah oooooh fvck yeaaah aahhhh ooohh fvck yeeaahhhhh
#56 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

For adults? Whatever that means...

Go away, brofistsfreedomfreak
Shut up brofists.rjdofu
^^

#57 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]I actually despise open world games too. Lots of open world games have hours and hours of boring filler content, and boring worlds that you don't want to explore. Most open world games dont give you any incentives to explore their "open worlds" etc Just a big waist of time! What I love is when a game like Uncharted does linear the right way, makes fun gameplay as exciting as possible while driving you along the way with a well told story you care about Uncharted never waists your time with non sense Uncharted has amazing gameplay, stunning multi level design which takes full advantage of Uncharted's varied gameplay. Very smooth. Amazing graphics. Good and well told stories, and strong character perforamnces. Uncharted is the complete package. Playing Uncharted is an enthralling gaming experience that lasts with you. Its the principle of Quality>> Quantity I would still rather play even Tomb Raider the Uncharted clone, then play most open world games Too many gamers give any game that happens to be "open world" a free pass for every thing, just because its open world Some gamers here literally will get hard for the term open world. But so far, very little open world games have actually done the "open world" thing well, and have been good There are way more bad open world games then there are bad linear games

fvck yeah aaaaaaaah oooooh fvck aahhhh ooohh fvck

<3
#58 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I don't really understand the adult comment, but I plan on getting it when I can find it on Amazon for dirt cheap.
#59 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]I actually despise open world games too. Lots of open world games have hours and hours of boring filler content, and boring worlds that you don't want to explore. Most open world games dont give you any incentives to explore their "open worlds" etc Just a big waist of time! What I love is when a game like Uncharted does linear the right way, makes fun gameplay as exciting as possible while driving you along the way with a well told story you care about Uncharted never waists your time with non sense Uncharted has amazing gameplay, stunning multi level design which takes full advantage of Uncharted's varied gameplay. Very smooth. Amazing graphics. Good and well told stories, and strong character perforamnces. Uncharted is the complete package. Playing Uncharted is an enthralling gaming experience that lasts with you. Its the principle of Quality>> Quantity I would still rather play even Tomb Raider the Uncharted clone, then play most open world games Too many gamers give any game that happens to be "open world" a free pass for every thing, just because its open world Some gamers here literally will get hard for the term open world. But so far, very little open world games have actually done the "open world" thing well, and have been good There are way more bad open world games then there are bad linear gamesfreedomfreak
oh yeah oh fvck yeah aaaaaaaah yeah oooooh fvck yeaaah aahhhh ooohh fvck yeeaahhhhh

inb4 more wall of text.

#60 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -
<3rjdofu
#61 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -
inb4 more wall of text.timmy00
Pretty much inevitable :P
#62 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]<3freedomfreak

hnnnnnnnnnnng
#63 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

I wish.

Lara really needed to show some more skin.
So disappointing. :(

#64 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

Nice, did a kindergartner do that?

[spoiler] just playing :twisted:  [/spoiler]

#65 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

[QUOTE="timmy00"]inb4 more wall of text.freedomfreak

It's the only way that he can teach us about how glorious Sony is though. :(

#66 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -
Do I sense a bit of jealousy, Sagem :o
#67 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -
I mean, Clock. Sagem's always on my mind.
#68 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Do I sense a bit of jealousy, Sagem :ofreedomfreak

N...No.. icon_sad.gif

#69 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="timmy00"]inb4 more wall of text.timmy00

It's the only way that he can teach us about how glorious Sony is though. :(

If only it didn't look so rambly :(
#70 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
Here is an exert from a previous post Uncharted 2 is one of the highest rated games of this gen at 96 and Uncharted 3 is not far behind sitting at a 92 rating! It really does feel like people are high on the post release hysteria of Tomb Raider, but Tomb Raider will be forgotten about in a month or two, and thats the truth While the impact Uncharted has had will live on forever That about says it. When Tomb Raider was first announced, Tomb Raider looked like a copy cat of Uncharted After having beat Tomb Raider, I still find Tomb Raider to be a copy cat of Uncharted. Tomb Raider just happens to be the best of the many Uncharted clones out there. Is that really that big of an accomplishment? Tomb Raider is definently a good game, but it lacks that something special that Uncharted has/ had in story, presentation, and gameplay I can admit that Tomb Raider managed to close the gap a little, but Uncharted is still the king of its genre! Tomb Raider is just a good immitation and turned out better then expected. Nothing more Uncharted 4 will push that gap back, and will push Uncharted far and i mean far ahead of the rest
#71 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

I mean, Clock. Sagem's always on my mind.freedomfreak

Oh Gosh 4258346148.gif

#72 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

On topic, f*ck this sh*t TCs just mad that Elena's a 10 and Lara's only a 7 :cool:

#73 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

epicgameplayer
I like the /quote you added at the end.

#74 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

On topic, f*ck this sh*t TCs just mad that Elena's a 10 and Lara's only a 7 :cool:

Clock-w0rk
They ruined Elena face in Uncharted 3 :(, UC2 was so perfect.
#75 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]I actually despise open world games too. Lots of open world games have hours and hours of boring filler content, and boring worlds that you don't want to explore. Most open world games dont give you any incentives to explore their "open worlds" etc Just a big waist of time! What I love is when a game like Uncharted does linear the right way, makes fun gameplay as exciting as possible while driving you along the way with a well told story you care about Uncharted never waists your time with non sense Uncharted has amazing gameplay, stunning multi level design which takes full advantage of Uncharted's varied gameplay. Very smooth. Amazing graphics. Good and well told stories, and strong character perforamnces. Uncharted is the complete package. Playing Uncharted is an enthralling gaming experience that lasts with you. Its the principle of Quality>> Quantity I would still rather play even Tomb Raider the Uncharted clone, then play most open world games Too many gamers give any game that happens to be "open world" a free pass for every thing, just because its open world Some gamers here literally will get hard for the term open world. But so far, very little open world games have actually done the "open world" thing well, and have been good There are way more bad open world games then there are bad linear games

fvck yeah aaaaaaaah oooooh fvck aahhhh ooohh fvck

<3

lol it figuers you two would not only see eye to eye but would have a thing for each other! I reccomend a hotel
#76 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

I mean, Clock. Sagem's always on my mind.freedomfreak

Very much so :x

#77 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -

I like the /quote you added at the end.

timmy00
It's almost like he's copy-pasting :O
#78 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I mean, Clock. Sagem's always on my mind.Clock-w0rk

No worriez. I wubz you all <3
#79 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I mean, Clock. Sagem's always on my mind.Clock-w0rk

Always room for one more, clock. :oops:

#80 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] fvck yeah aaaaaaaah oooooh fvck aahhhh ooohh fvck epicgameplayer
<3

lol it figuers you two nut jobs woul not only see eye to eye but would have a thing for each other too I reccomend a hotel

Awwww, would that be... jealousy? ;)

#81 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] <3rjdofu

lol it figuers you two nut jobs woul not only see eye to eye but would have a thing for each other too I reccomend a hotel

Awwww, would that be... jealousy? ;)

What about that hotel? :oops:
#82 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="kipsta77"]

I will never understand the hype for Uncharted. Never.

Newhopes

Maybe you should play it... i thought the same thing till i played the first game

Yup played and agree with him Uncharted is just a overrated mediocre series that Tomb raider is superior to in every way possible.

You are crazy! Also, if you like Tomb Raider then you will like Uncharted too Tomb Raider is just a good Uncharted clone after all! LOL at lemmings blowing their loads over a game that just manages to be a good copy cat of Uncharted while lacking everything special that made Uncharted special Trolls like you prove that Uncharted is one of the most criminally under rated franchises on forums. Uncharted 2 is easily one of the greatest game of all time and Uncharted 3 is a top 5 master piece of this gen
#83 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

rjdofu

I know right :(

#84 Posted by Zaibach (13466 posts) -

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

rjdofu

I liked Elena's look in U3, looked more exotic

#85 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Quiet brofist.

You're interrupting our circlejerk.

#86 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -
Tomb Raider will always retain its Godlike status.
#87 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

Quiet brofist.

Sagem28
He recommended us a hotel, what do you think? ;)
#88 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

Quiet brofist.

Sagem28
No, you will commence in an Uncharted circle jerk and that is final, so get to it xbot! Drop those microsoft labeled panties lemming!
#89 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -

Quiet brofist.

Sagem28
srsly
#90 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

Zaibach

I liked Elena's look in U3, looked more exotic

Really? There's something about her eyes that's kinda, unnatural, idk.
#91 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Quiet brofist.

rjdofu

Is he paying?

#92 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Quiet brofist.

epicgameplayer
No, you will commence in an Unchartes circle jerk and taht is final so get to it xbot!

It's Uncharted, fakeboy. You don't even like Uncharted. You don't even share the passion for the Uncharted franchise like us TRUE fans do. Spell Uncharted right or GTFO.
#93 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

Go rent that hotel room already you two love birds! I'll pay because I'm a nice guy like that;
#94 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Quiet brofist.

rjdofu

as long as he's not joining, I'm in.

#95 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="rjdofu"]<3epicgameplayer

My god, you two are pathetic Go rent that hotel room already!

:lol::lol::lol:
#96 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

Uncharted has won too many GOTY's and other awards and it's triple A on metacritic to be put on the same sentence as an AA game that will win no GOTY's or any award this year because The Last of Us will take them all.  

:cool:

Gue1
#97 Posted by freedomfreak (49899 posts) -
brofists is very jelly
#98 Posted by Agent-Tojed (160 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

Clock-w0rk

I know right :(

Uncharted-3-elena_cu_airport_night.jpg

She looks normal to me.

#100 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

I bet you want master cheif or marcus to join in you xbot lol Does that already get you wet?epicgameplayer

I just want to ride the Cole train, Baby.