Tom McShea HATES Nintendo : Proof!

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kickingcarpet
Member since 2011 • 570 Posts

Tom McShea shows favoritism towards certain hardware manufactureer Sony, nintendo getting a LOWER score even though it was originally going to be an exclusive to the Wii U.   Both copies of the game are exactly the same with exactly the same graphics and story, BUT the Wii U has more characters and specially designed puzzles that take advantage of the hardware, I would consider this a bonus to the consumer extra content for the same cost of its PS3 counterpart. We aren't comparing N64 ports to PS1 games where they looked, played and had longer levels. We are comparing 2 exact same games except Wii U has more content yet gets docked points because "herp derp its kewl to knock wii u now"

Wii U Review

http://www.gamespot.com/rayman-legends/

Playstation 3 Review

http://www.gamespot.com/rayman-legends/reviews/rayman-legends-review-6413903/

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Already few threads about it. And a single review means nothing
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

A next gen console should be held to next gen standards... unless youre suggesting the WiiU is NOT a next gen console?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Add to my list: Things McShea Hates: Nintendo The Last of Us ...
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
If I was playing a game with 10 levels, and then another version came out with 12 levels (But those 2 extra levels sucked and broke the pace of the game) I would consider the first version to be superior.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
The PS3 version has no negatives listed. The Wii U version does. Try reading the review.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

His argument is stuff that requires you to actually use the wii mote tablet slows the game down in comparison to the other versions which keep the game going since it's just a button press. It had nothing to do with power or disdain for Nintendo. He just felt that Rayman Legends while still really good, does not play as well as it does on other systems.

inb4 herpa derp well I never had a problem.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Do reviews really mean that much? I don't care what arbitrary point a reviewer decides on....the only thing a review is good for is letting you know if there's problems in the game.
Gingerfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gingerfield
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
It's because he is a baby, and can't handle hard levels. Obviously he never played the original which was near impossible to play at times, because it was so hard. Stop docking games down because they are to hard, sometimes challenge is a good thing. I'd hate to see him review old games like Ghost and Goblins.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#10 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Add to my list:

Things McShea Hates:

Nintendo

The Last of Us

...bbkkristian

Nostalgia (see: The Simpsons and Ducktales)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
He gave Super Mario Galaxy 2 a 10/10
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

I agree with Tom. The Wii U pad gameplay wasn't needed and it being an exclusive at one time means nothing.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
It's because he is a baby, and can't handle hard levels. Obviously he never played the original which was near impossible to play at times, because it was so hard. Stop docking games down because they are to hard, sometimes challenge is a good thing. I'd hate to see him review old games like Ghost and Goblins. Gingerfield
I lol'd
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I agree with Tom. The Wii U pad gameplay wasn'tt needed and it being an exclusive at one time means nothing.

timbers_WSU
You've played both versions?
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#15 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

From what I gather in the review, those extra stages bring down the experience for Tom. In his own scale, which isn't the same as my scale of rating games, or your scale, or VanOrd's scale, he decided that those extra levels were worth deeming the experience an 8.0 vs the 9.0 of the counterparts. Whether it is like TheEroica said, or that those extra levels really do suck that much, we won't get an answer that satisfies all the people that are angry over this. 

In the Rayman Challenges App though, I found those levels a delight. I'll probably pick this game up for Wii U when it's cheaper. 

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

You will be better understanding early that mcshea is one of the worst reviewers around (and i dont mean gamespot only) and learn to ignore his reviews.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

"HIS OPINION DIFFERS FROM MINE!!!! HE IS A TROLL!!! HE HATES NINTENDO!!! HE DOESNT THINK WHAT I THINK HE SHOULD!!!!"

Get over it. He is one random guy on the internet with an opinion, out of a couple billion others just like him. You guys obsession with this one person and his own personal opinions is amazing.

wiiutroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wiiutroll
Member since 2013 • 543 Posts

like how microsoft pay him for the review of  the last of us and  no other sites /sarcasm

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bbkkristian
I wonder if the cows are going to flip flop on McShea because Nintendo is on the hot seat in this thread. :P
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#20 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

"HIS OPINION DIFFERS FROM MINE!!!! HE IS A TROLL!!! HE HATES NINTENDO!!! HE DOESNT THINK WHAT I THINK HE SHOULD!!!!"

Get over it. He is one random guy on the internet with an opinion, out of a couple billion others just like him. You guys obsession with this one person and his own personal opinions is amazing.

Gargus

It really is amazing looking at every review that people disagree with it. The people who are angry over these reviews are the one that fuel the fire. If he really did rate games poorly just for hits to the website, which I don't believe is the case, then all of these people that call foul are the ones giving McShea so many hits.

I've disagreed with his reviews, and other reviewers' opinions before, and I love discussing why I disagree. But discussing the negative points of a review and shouting about how much of a joke he is are two different things entirely. 

And then you have the people exclaiming he's the only good reviewer out there because he rates games "how they should be rated" or what nonsense. Get over yourself, you're just as bad as the ones  crying foul play. 

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator
I wonder if the cows are going to flip flop on McShea because Nintendo is on the hot seat in this thread. :Pbbkkristian
youve been here before havent you :P
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bbkkristian

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]I wonder if the cows are going to flip flop on McShea because Nintendo is on the hot seat in this thread. :PTheEroica

Nope, I'm a noob. :P

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
How could you blame anyone for disliking the dook that is the wiiU? It's a generic system and that's about the end of the story. Not like a poor system is going to improve a game by much.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"]I wonder if the cows are going to flip flop on McShea because Nintendo is on the hot seat in this thread. :Pbbkkristian

as long as you remove that gif sig you can stay...
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Oh, so the same guy that gave SMG2 a prime 10/10 now hates Nintendo.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] youve been here before havent you :PTheEroica

as long as you remove that gif sig you can stay...

NEVER!! :x She stays until the Ultimate banishment that is the new remodeled GS website!
mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

He tends to be a nerd about things, which is why I don't take some of his complaints too seriously.

kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kickingcarpet

His argument is stuff that requires you to actually use the wii mote tablet slows the game down in comparison to the other versions which keep the game going since it's just a button press. It had nothing to do with power or disdain for Nintendo. He just felt that Rayman Legends while still really good, does not play as well as it does on other systems.

jg4xchamp

Sorry when I buy a 60$ game I don't try to rush through it as fast as possible, the extra levels are an extra bonus.  I like to take my time with games not set world records for speed runs

kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kickingcarpet

Okay just for reference, i'm not butt hurt about the score that rayman legends got. Someone in this thread has said "oh noes! he didn't give it the review score that I THOUGHT it should get!" Well thats not the point of the thread. The point of this thread is the fact that the same EXACT game got a lower score just because it was on a Nintendo product. A good reviewer isn't biased towards certain hardware.

kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kickingcarpet

BUMP!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonsieurX

Okay just for reference, i'm not butt hurt about the score that rayman legends got. Someone in this thread has said "oh noes! he didn't give it the review score that I THOUGHT it should get!" Well thats not the point of the thread. The point of this thread is the fact that the same EXACT game got a lower score just because it was on a Nintendo product. A good reviewer isn't biased towards certain hardware.

kickingcarpet
Did you even bother reading the reviews? Here's why it scored lower

Legends on the Wii U slams on the breaks in certain levels by putting you in control of Murfy, a helpful fly, while the AI moves Rayman. Here, you must shift your focus to the GamePad as you spread guacamole and ready catapults in an attempt to guide your bipedal friend to safety. These levels are a noticeable misstep in a game bursting with great ideas. Rayman walks forward without any involvement from you for long stretches, and oftentimes waits stubbornly while you try to pull object in the exact place he desires. Vacillating between passive and fiddly is a poor way to inject diversity. Even when things run smoothly, controlling Murfy isn't engaging because progress requires neither puzzle solving nor dexterity on your part. There is some appeal in playing with a friend because anyone controlling Murfy can torment his or her friend. But, Legends stumbles in these stages, especially compared to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions in which you control Murfy with a button tap while running as Rayman.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

kickingcarpet

Sorry when I buy a 60$ game I don't try to rush through it as fast as possible, the extra levels are an extra bonus.  I like to take my time with games not set world records for speed runs

It's not a matter of rushing. His argument for the game is that it's at its best when you are at a bit of a break neck pace. Moving fluidly through the levels without a hitch. Those murphy levels bring the pace down, robbing the game of something it excels at. Hence doing something worse even if it's got extra content.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I've got my pitchfork ready.

kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kickingcarpet

[QUOTE="kickingcarpet"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

jg4xchamp

It's not a matter of rushing. His argument for the game is that it's at its best when you are at a bit of a break neck pace. Moving fluidly through the levels without a hitch. Those murphy levels bring the pace down, robbing the game of something it excels at. Hence doing something worse even if it's got extra content.

this isn't sonic the hedgehog last time i checked its a platformer that requires more percision then just sprinting thru the whole thing, obviously u never played a rayman game before

kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kickingcarpet

When a game adds MORE content it shouldnt get docked points, I could understand if things were cut out of the game then yes.  Hes butt hurt because the extra content is difficult is all and he hates Nintendo and wanted to dock it points even when the game developers gave the Wii U owners something special over the other versions,  Rayman gave Nintendo the best version of the game and priority over the other consoles, in no way it should be docked points...The PS3 version should be the 8.0 because it doesnt contain the exta outfits or levels just sayin

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

WiiU review "The bad: Murfy stages are dull" , is those stages exclusive to WiiU?:|

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MonsieurX

When a game adds MORE content it shouldnt get docked points, I could understand if things were cut out of the game then yes.  Hes butt hurt because the extra content is difficult is all and he hates Nintendo and wanted to dock it points even when the game developers gave the Wii U owners something special over the other versions,  Rayman gave Nintendo the best version of the game and priority over the other consoles, in no way it should be docked points...The PS3 version should be the 8.0 because it doesnt contain the exta outfits or levels just sayin

kickingcarpet
Read the review again,the extra levels aren't good and stop the regular pacing. If he hated Nintendo,why he gave SMG 2 a 10?
kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kickingcarpet

[QUOTE="kickingcarpet"]

MonsieurX

Read the review again,the extra levels aren't good and stop the regular pacing. If he hated Nintendo,why he gave SMG 2 a 10?

so 1-2 (2 min levels) ruin the entire game and make it mediocre then is what your arguing, just because a level is difficult doesn't make the game bad, it means you suck at gaming and prob should stick to games like angry birds etc.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

It is not mcSheas fault completelly.. i mean i don't wanna defend him.. however gamespot did change the Scoring system.. where he wanted to show that the improvements on the Wii U held it back than the normal game would result in the game being 1 point less rather than .1 like GS used to be before. Which by all means this 1 - 10 no decimal scale is just downright stupid.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="kickingcarpet"]

kickingcarpet

so 1-2 (2 min levels) ruin the entire game and make it mediocre then is what your arguing, just because a level is difficult doesn't make the game bad, it means you suck at gaming and prob should stick to games like angry birds etc.

So,going from 9 to 8 make it a mediocre game? :|

Re-read the review again

Also,how do you explain Super Mario Galaxy 2 10 score?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="kickingcarpet"]

kickingcarpet

this isn't sonic the hedgehog last time i checked its a platformer that requires more percision then just sprinting thru the whole thing, obviously u never played a rayman game before

No I've played Origins, and even then it's not a matter of needing Sonic speed, to be a game about a quick pace. In contrast to how that game plays on a regular gamepad it was made worse because it loses something because of how slowed down the game gets for the pad swipes. That is his argument. His opinion.

Obviously you've never passed an english class before. Because basic reading comprehension seems to be too difficult for you.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
So where's the proof?
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
Who cares what Tom McShea thinks hes a joke as a reviewer of any game on any platform. Whenever I see him in a video I click straight of it same as when I see one of his reviews. He is allowed his own opinion of course but the point of a review for me is to convey the general consensus of the majority gaming community and his reviews goes so against the grain his views mean nothing to me and his opinion is not respected of me because he only seems to represent such a small minority of actual gamers.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#44 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

He gave The Last of Us 8.0 where most other places gave it a perfect score.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Tom McShea is great because it brings halarity to System Wars, people get so upset, hateful, and angered about a game and a reviewer because of a single opinion.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bbkkristian

He gave The Last of Us 8.0 where most other places gave it a perfect score.

chocolate1325
Yes, yes he did. :| ... :lol:
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Did you even bother to read the reviews you linked?
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WiiU
hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

I don't care what GS or anyone says about the Wii U version, i've been playing it for the last 3 days with the GF (she loves being murphy) and i can say that it is without a doubt THE best 2 player platform experiences I've ever played. I think the reviewer is being extremely harsh, it was built for Wii U with multiplayer in mind. Fantastic game!

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bbkkristian

I don't care what GS or anyone says about the Wii U version, i've been playing it for the last 3 days with the GF (she loves being murphy) and i can say that it is without a doubt THE best 2 player platform experiences I've ever played. I think the reviewer is being extremely harsh, it was built for Wii U with multiplayer in mind. Fantastic game!

hanman9
People here use their own opinions based on others experiences (or just a score), not their own.