Today's ''Sony is really arrogant'' news is brought to you by En

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkQuark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkQuark
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts
http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/09/ce-oh-no-he-didnt-part-xxiv-jack-tretton-wants-to-give-you/

Sony's CEO Jack Tretton: "If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it."
Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
Old, but I'm owed 1200 bucks. I saw a stack of them at Wallmart. 
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
-_-

poor sony.... I respect your games.... but not you. :(
WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
That dude has to give away a crapload of money now.
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
But its kinda funny how lemmings make it seem like the PS3 is EVERYWHERE when it took me a whole week to find a store that had one left. And the one they had left was on hold for a week but since the guy didnt show up I got it.
Berem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Berem
Member since 2003 • 947 Posts
Lol he must be in the gutter now, because I see them at every superstore I go, ie: Walmart, Kmart, Target, Best Buy, you name it they have PS3's... what an idiot that sony exec must be.... wow.
Avatar image for Space_Godzillla
Space_Godzillla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Space_Godzillla
Member since 2004 • 4100 Posts
But its kinda funny how lemmings make it seem like the PS3 is EVERYWHERE when it took me a whole week to find a store that had one left. And the one they had left was on hold for a week but since the guy didnt show up I got it.MGS9150
Those furry little creatures actually do that stuff?
gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts
I will give $1200 to stop posting repeated threads.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

(serchs for PS3 at my walmart) (Brings back to CEO) "that would be in cash please

kindredmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 kindredmachine
Member since 2002 • 2625 Posts
Can I have my $1200 now please?
CleptoPots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CleptoPots
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts
But its kinda funny how lemmings make it seem like the PS3 is EVERYWHERE when it took me a whole week to find a store that had one left. And the one they had left was on hold for a week but since the guy didnt show up I got it.MGS9150
Uhh... they ARE everywhere. At least around me they are (near Chicago).
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 S0DA_POPINSKI
Member since 2006 • 1582 Posts
I was just reading that article. The next question said something like "We called 18 random retailers in the US. about half of them had PS3's in stock and some had as many as 20 in stock."  And this was early jan.....
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i swear every day they do more and more which makes me question their seriousness in the console race.
CaptainUber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CaptainUber
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
Aw, come on guys, give Sony a break. Could you at least for one second think that maybe he isn't being serious? His point was to denounce rumors that the ps3 is not selling. Hence, the "If you can find one that..." statement. Why he decided to do it in a arrogant, sarcastic, tone is beyond me; maybe some corporate mouthpieces aren't completely devoid of personality. Try thinking below the literal context...
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 S0DA_POPINSKI
Aw, come on guys, give Sony a break. Could you at least for one second think that maybe he isn't being serious? His point was to denounce rumors that the ps3 is not selling. Hence, the "If you can find one that..." statement. Why he decided to do it in a arrogant, sarcastic, tone is beyond me; maybe some corporate mouthpieces aren't completely devoid of personality. Try thinking below the literal context...CaptainUber
no he was being for real. read the interview....
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

I can walk down the street from my college campus and see one. You people act like they are some endangered animal kept in a zoo. They are literally almost everywhere.
S0DA_POPINSKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 S0DA_POPINSKI
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]But its kinda funny how lemmings make it seem like the PS3 is EVERYWHERE when it took me a whole week to find a store that had one left. And the one they had left was on hold for a week but since the guy didnt show up I got it.Blackbond

I can walk down the street from my college campus and see one. You people act like they are some endangered animal kept in a zoo. They are literally almost everywhere.

I went to EB games and target the other day. Didnt ask at EB (wish I did now) and saw a few at target.
kindredmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kindredmachine
Member since 2002 • 2625 Posts
PS3s have been easily available since January - everyone knows this. what's funny is that kids think that company execs speak candidly about sales and projections to the public when almost 100% of everything out of their mouth is for an alterior motive i.e. creating hype, demand or buzz for increasing product interest. even if a company's product is bombing, there is no chance in h*ll they would admit it. Are people really that irrogant to listen to corp. execs??
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
I guess he has yet to differentiate "shipped" and "sold".
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]But its kinda funny how lemmings make it seem like the PS3 is EVERYWHERE when it took me a whole week to find a store that had one left. And the one they had left was on hold for a week but since the guy didnt show up I got it.CleptoPots
Uhh... they ARE everywhere. At least around me they are (near Chicago).

I live in Orlando near three major universities, I can tell you right now, it is *everywhere*, and it's not selling. The Wii still has eight-hour lines every time a shipment is announced. Go figure.
CaptainUber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CaptainUber
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
no he was being for real. read the interview....S0DA_POPINSKI
If he was indeed serious, than my mistake. I clicked on the link but I recieved some 404 error or something to that effect. However, I'd hope that no one stupid enough to say something like that would rise up that high in a multimillion dollar, international corporation.
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
Im freaking millionaire :shock:
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
[QUOTE="S0DA_POPINSKI"] no he was being for real. read the interview....CaptainUber
If he was indeed serious, than my mistake. I clicked on the link but I recieved some 404 error or something to that effect. However, I'd hope that no one stupid enough to say something like that would rise up that high in a multimillion dollar, international corporation.

"You hit the Crabs Weakpoint for... MASSIVE DAMAGE" "It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racccceeeerrrrrrr" Is my point proven? If not: 'We would sell a million consoles if we didn't offer any games for sale" *Not EXACT quotes, but pretty dead on*
konichiwa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 konichiwa21
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts
im rich !
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
Lol he must be in the gutter now, because I see them at every superstore I go, ie: Walmart, Kmart, Target, Best Buy, you name it they have PS3's... what an idiot that sony exec must be.... wow.Berem
Nice sig.