To Xbox 1 defense ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Papermario
Member since 2016 • 245 Posts

honestly i dont have an xbox 1 im not really familiar with the system unless

but why do you think xbox didnt have more success as much as the previous xbox systems ?

im more of a nintendo fan dont really know to much about xbox but i did remember xbox360 had better content

then wii and wii u ( in my opinion )

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Can anyone translate this?

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Papermario

@MonsieurX: why u think xbox doesn't have more success ?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Because of the terrible flipflopping they did when they first talked about it, forced kinect, higher price

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@MonsieurX

Why xbone did not have x360 success???

Good luck :p

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

The PS4 has just about everything the XONE does and more.

XONE focused on media crap, Kinect and other silly stuff early on.

The XONE isn't terrible but there's just not a lot to offer over PS4, beyond Halo, Forza, Gears.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Papermario

@MonsieurX said:

Because of the terrible flipflopping they did when they first talked about it, forced kinect, higher price

oooo i dont know what a kinect is lol what is that ?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

because this guy:

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I_P_Denial.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@locopatho said:

The XONE isn't terrible but there's just not a lot to offer over PS4, beyond Halo, Forza, Gears.

It does?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By locopatho
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@locopatho said:

It does?

Yes.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

Can anyone translate this?

alt trolling.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Probably a combination of Microsoft having a really shaky start due to some bad policies, and negative publicity. Compare that to Sony who unlike their PS3 launch, did just about everything right this time, and were able to hit the ground running. Also thanks to the forced inclusion of Kinect, there was about a $100 or so price difference. Not saying that this is the sole reason for the disparity in sales, but having a stronger start over your competitor certainly helps. I am sure that Microsoft will have analysed all of their mistakes from this gen though, in order to be more successful with the Xbox Two.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01

@locopatho said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@locopatho said:

It does?

Yes.

Does PS4 have backward compatibility (with the past 2 generations), Game Pass, the ability to play purchased games on PC and/or console, cross-play with other consoles, an Elite controller... just to name a few?? Nope. They have next to no consumer-friendly services.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 locopatho
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Does PS4 have backward compatibility (with the past 2 generations), Game Pass, the ability to play purchased games on PC and/or console, cross-play with other consoles, an Elite controller... just to name a few?? Nope. They have next to no consumer-friendly services.

You sound like a desperate PS3 fan lol, listing PS1 compatibility as a "killer app".

Games are what matter and PS4 has vastly more good ones.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#17 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

That is the proverbial bullet in their foot. Damaged customer confidence from the onset. Then, not being able to deliver on the exclusive front didn't help any.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01

@locopatho said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

You sound like a desperate PS3 fan lol, listing PS1 compatibility as a "killer app".

Sorry the truth hurts... You said "PS4 has just about everything the XONE does and more". And I pointed out PS4 actually has very few of the services and quality of life features that XB1 has. Including the most powerful system.

But keep trying :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8284346a788
deactivated-5b8284346a788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19 deactivated-5b8284346a788
Member since 2018 • 295 Posts

@locopatho said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

PC has the most AA, AAA games though, it also has the most high-scoring games overall. Sounds like you should get a PC if games are what matters.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 locopatho
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Sorry the truth hurts... You said "PS4 has just about everything the XONE does and more". And I pointed out PS4 actually has very few of the services and quality of life features that XB1 has. Including the most powerful system.

But keep trying :)

This is cringe as ****, XONE is a PS4 with less games and a few good exclusives, just like PS3 was was an X360 with less games and a few good exclusives. You're parroting the same dumbfuck arguments PS3 people did and it's just sad. Get past the brand loyalty, fam.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 locopatho
@sheephats said:

PC has the most AA, AAA games though, it also has the most high-scoring games overall. Sounds like you should get a PC if games are what matters.

I have a gaming PC, you creepy stalker **** :D

This is a thread about consoles, try to keep up, it's hard i know ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b8284346a788

@locopatho said:
@sheephats said:

I have a gaming PC, you creepy stalker **** :D

This is a thread about consoles, try to keep up, it's hard i know ;)

How can someone stalk in a forum? Especially when this thread is the number one thread on the front page?

You're right though, you definitely know that it's hard to keep up, not only did you just admit it, you also brought the PS4 into a Xbox thread.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01

@locopatho: Yep, can't take you seriously. You're obviously a juvenile. Byeeee.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 locopatho
@sheephats said:

How can someone stalk in a forum

By repeatedly posting the same dumbfuck arguments and lame gifs at them.

It's ok though, it's cute, I kinda like it ;)

@sheephats said:

you also brought the PS4 into a Xbox thread.

Xbox fails when PS wins, PC is irrelevant in that fight. You'd know that if you weren't so special :D

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 locopatho
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@locopatho: Yep, can't take you seriously. You're obviously a juvenile. Byeeee.

Hahahaha "good point", enjoy playing Final Fantasy VII on your PS3, makes it a "great system" hahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b8284346a788

@locopatho said:
@sheephats said:

How can someone stalk in a forum

By repeatedly posting the same dumbfuck arguments and lame gifs at them.

It's ok though, it's cute, I kinda like it ;)

@sheephats said:

you also brought the PS4 into a Xbox thread.

Xbox fails when PS wins, PC is irrelevant in that fight. You'd know that if you weren't so special :D

That's interesting because you haven't rebutted a single of those "dumbfuck arguments", I wonder what that says about your cognitive abilities. :P

Judging by your second comment, the only way for PS to win is if Xbox fails? So you're saying PS can't stand on its own legs? And of course, PC is always irrelevant when you can't counter the enlargement you just created.

Either way, you have the right to remain silent because whatever you say will probably be stupid anyway.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

To be fair. 360 is Microsoft's only successful console. The first Xbox was a bigger flop than the current one. They lost billions because it was being sold for way under cost, and then they had to do a drastic price drop a year in. And then it wen't on to sell about 25 million consoles.

360 was the anomaly, and had a few things going for it when it debuted. Its models were cheaper than the PS3's, it was easy to develop for in comparison, they got Live ironed out to a service people thought was worth paying for and partnering with Epic to have Gears as a showcase game really helped to give it a big boost before PS3 came into the market. Plus, they were serious about getting content. They footed the bill to get a lot of games on their platform, even if that meant getting games that were supposed to be exclusive for PS3 and convincing publishers to make them multiplat. Kinda like what MS is trying to do now, except now it's too late, and that describes the problems of the Xbox One in general.

Xbox One couldn't stop having things go wrong. From the leaked plans, to the console's reveal. A lot of gamers felt betrayed and went with PS4 which was fine with being a more traditional game console than a jack-of-all-trades media box. Xbox One's higher price and "required" Kinect turned a lot of people off. All the damage control Xbox did ever since made the console kind of a laughing stock. But MS was still really aggressive with it. The only thing that's kept MS sticking with it for the most part is the fact that the US is the biggest market for Xbox, and they don't want to bomb out in this territory again. They're pretty much saving face at this point.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Gamers buy the console with games.

PS4 has games.

Xbone doesn’t have games.

That’s ultimately what it comes down to.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

It twas the power of the cloud that fell the beast.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@locopatho said:

Yes.

1. Xbox one doesn't have BC with past 2 generation...It has BC with a sporadic and random bunch of games from 360 and Xbox that MS hand picked.

You can't claim 2 gens worth of BC with only a hand full of titles lem.

2. Game Pass = PSN Now only with the ability to DL games but has far far less games selection to choose from.

3. PS4 has cross play with PC not direct console competitors starving for a larger user base increase their lackluster gamer pool.

4. PS4 Elite controller?

Check

EASY!

Weak list and none of what you listed actually makes a better current gen system.

That's why even the dated Swich hardware crushes xbone to dust as a current gen system because it has the one important thing needed to make any system great that xbox one will never have...a quality line up of high profile AAA exclusive games.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I thought the last post I read here was sad. But noooo.....THIS is sad.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

I_P_Denial.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Papermario

@BenjaminBanklin said:

To be fair. 360 is Microsoft's only successful console. The first Xbox was a bigger flop than the current one. They lost billions because it was being sold for way under cost, and then they had to do a drastic price drop a year in. And then it wen't on to sell about 25 million consoles.

360 was the anomaly, and had a few things going for it when it debuted. Its models were cheaper than the PS3's, it was easy to develop for in comparison, they got Live ironed out to a service people thought was worth paying for and partnering with Epic to have Gears as a showcase game really helped to give it a big boost before PS3 came into the market. Plus, they were serious about getting content. They footed the bill to get a lot of games on their platform, even if that meant getting games that were supposed to be exclusive for PS3 and convincing publishers to make them multiplat. Kinda like what MS is trying to do now, except now it's too late, and that describes the problems of the Xbox One in general.

Xbox One couldn't stop having things go wrong. From the leaked plans, to the console's reveal. A lot of gamers felt betrayed and went with PS4 which was fine with being a more traditional game console than a jack-of-all-trades media box. Xbox One's higher price and "required" Kinect turned a lot of people off. All the damage control Xbox did ever since made the console kind of a laughing stock. But MS was still really aggressive with it. The only thing that's kept MS sticking with it for the most part is the fact that the US is the biggest market for Xbox, and they don't want to bomb out in this territory again. They're pretty much saving face at this point.

whats wrong with the kinect what is that ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fac80ec445f7
deactivated-5fac80ec445f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5fac80ec445f7
Member since 2017 • 155 Posts

Because it had no games, was an underpowered but overpriced POS, an awful UI, and was run by a company who tries to swindle its consumers every chance it gets?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

I love how lems pretend like it was all Don Mattrick’s fault and that Phil Spencer wasn’t a part of the Xbox team lol

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

They marketed the system as a digital TV box rather than a gaming machine that was difficult to overcome. Sony learnt from Ms messing up and never looked back.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@papermario: I think the leadership of Mattrick was out of touch with the gaming market.

They saw the positive sales of the Kinect and figured it would boost development of Kinect in games if they make it a mandatory part of the next Xbox. It didn’t. I for one did enjoy it’s Skype use with friends abroad, the voice commands so when I came into my apartment with groceries in winter and a need to pee, I simply said “Xbox on” and I’m ready to go when my other priorities are done.

But it was also a big head from them as well. Getting into the living room is the goal but don’t do it by bragging TV, TV , TV. Sell to the gamer first and they didn’t.

A friend that works at my local Gamestop told me as recently as 2017 people still came in and were surprised X1 played used games. The vast majority do not read forums or game news like we do. So they hear something and just run with that.

Games. They weren’t prepared for the fact that Japanese devs and some western weren’t going to support it much. The hardware and device budget was being spent by Terry Myerson on Surface and it worked out well for that but not for Xbox. Can’t make deals for games without money.

Myerson is gone, Spencer is promoted to VP and now a part of the team that meets and answers only to CEO Nadella and it’s obvious the checkbook opened with the purchase of 4 studios and creation of one.

Media didn’t help. Dirt sells. And the resolution madness for the first couple of years was blown out of proportion big time. Any game that wasn’t 1080p on Xbox was on the front page of ign and gamespot. But here we are with the switch playing games in 720p undocked and it’s all no problem.

And give me a break with the crying about having to be on the internet. Who here isnt always connected? As one guy said on The Know, “ the Xbox is simply the en vogue thing to hate”.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@papermario: A handful of things has harmed the Xbox brand this generation. It started with the marketing and presentation of the console before launch, something that was very, very vague and sparked lots of panic amongst gamers that were worried some of their privileges were being taken away. Their biggest mistake out of all of this was after that panic set in, they not only did absolutely nothing to try and calm everyone down, they didn't make a single mention of any of these fears for over a year's time, and by the time we were almost at launch, perception was so bad that Sony swooped in and advertised their console as one that didn't do any of the things the Xbox One was feared to be doing (even though it actually does do some of them). After this, MS was forced to reverse much of its gameplan for the Xbox One, which led to scrambling to get the console finished and subsequently launched with an unfinished product at $100 more than its competition.

After stabilizing sales and much of this controversy and reaching a decent sales mark (outselling both the Xbox 360 and PS3 in the same time frame), MS had several missteps with its exclusive IP, namely Halo 5 and Gears of War 4, both of which were good games, but not up to the standard gamers could and rightly should expect from a console's flagship titles. Yes, the Forza games were fantastic, but racing games are not a universal entity; you either like racing games or you don't; no amount of quality is going to convert gamers to like racing games. And while the Xbone has a good chunk of above average exclusive titles (Sunset Overdrive is still a highlight for me), none of them have been of the quality to be considered a "system seller."

To sum it up, Xbox is in the midst of an identity crisis, and it's one that it seems is going to be addressed with the next Xbox. The Xbox One was certainly successful, but it will probably go down as the worst Xbox from the perception of its fans due to its lacking content.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I think the catalyst was the reveal of it being an always online system along with the horrible PR that followed. I believe Mattrick said something like if you didn’t like that the Xbox One would be always online then just get the Xbox 360 or something like that. There was also another person from Microsoft, who was shortly released after, saying some similar stuff and kind of berating people on Twitter. Everything just kind of went downhill from there.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Papermario

@Archangel3371 said:

I think the catalyst was the reveal of it being an always online system along with the horrible PR that followed. I believe Mattrick said something like if you didn’t like that the Xbox One would be always online then just get the Xbox 360 or something like that. There was also another person from Microsoft, who was shortly released after, saying some similar stuff and kind of berating people on Twitter. Everything just kind of went downhill from there.

okay can u explain to me about the kinect ? whats wrong with the kinect thing ?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

@papermario: It wasn’t utilized all that well for games. Personally I kind of like it myself for some of its uses outside of gameplay.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts
Loading Video...

Because of this.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

The mistake ms made was putting all the eggs in the X basket and neglecting the 1st party for the past couple of years. Obviously that has damaged sales.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Papermario

@robert_sparkes said:

The mistake ms made was putting all the eggs in the X basket and neglecting the 1st party for the past couple of years. Obviously that has damaged sales.

really ?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

X1 is the lamest console ever released. It's even more redundant and useless than the Wii U was.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Papermario

@recloud said:

X1 is the lamest console ever released. It's even more redundant and useless than the Wii U was.

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

To Xbox 1's defense, a new Xbox is bound to come out soon.

So we can all forget Xbox 1 ever existed.