To what extent would you tolerate a 'gimmick controller' on the NX?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll To what extent would you tolerate a 'gimmick controller' on the NX? (93 votes)

You're okay with a completely new controller gimmick/concept (given the console's hardware and online not being compromised, and additional traditional controllers being sold) 22%
You're okay with minor gimmicks - touchpads, screens in the controller, gyroscope - but nothing too crazy or over the top. 42%
You want a normal controller, and anything else would be a deal breaker 37%

Assume that the NX is a proper system, with hardware that is better than PS4 (say, PS4.8 level), as well as good online. In spite of this, it also has a new gimmick controller, possibly another controller with a screen. The question is, to what extent are you okay with a gimmick controller, assuming everything else on the console is up to scratch? Also assume that, like with the Wii and Wii U, Nintendo will offer some kind of traditional controller (like Classic Controller and Wii U Pro), if users really want it.

• Would you be okay with a completely new controller concept in this case? What with the system's hardware being great, its online being great, and additional classic controllers available?
  • Would you only be okay if it's 'grounded' gimmicky- say, something like a Wii U Gamepad, something that maybe has a screen or some motion controls, but is on the whole still a standard controller?
  • Would you only want a traditional controller, with anything else completely turning you off from purchasing an NX entirely?

Basically, given everything else on the system being perfect, to what extent is the controller a deal breaker for you?

Me, personally, I haven't minded Nintendo's controllers on the Wii and Wii U (especially on the Wii U, even though it was never used properly, it was at worst inoffensive), and assuming the new one doesn't impede system power or online infrastructure, I won't mind it as long as it's too crazy. If Nintendo were to come out with an all touch controller, or holographic projections or something, it would probably be a deal breaker for me.

What about you?

• 
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I much prefer a normal controller because of ....:

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nintendo's had a habit of doing discriminatory practices with it's controllers.

I'm shocked that people to this point have supported their discrimination even when it's been shown to them countless times.

I would like to see a normal controller this time around.

(oh and for the .00001% that don't know the discrimination is due to handicaps which Nintendo has been very vocal about saying that they do not care in the least to stop their practices)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

If it's like the WiiU gamepad, then i'm okay with it. Outright motion controls like the Wii? lolno.

I'd prefer a mix of both, with a Pro-like controller/WiiU gamepad-type controller, with the option to utilize both as needed.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I really wish they would give up the gimmicks, and just focus on a powerful new console with quality games and good third party support this time. They can use the WiiU Pro Controller as far as I am concerned. That thing is a solid controller.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

(oh and for the .00001% that don't know the discrimination is due to handicaps which Nintendo has been very vocal about saying that they do not care in the least to stop their practices)

Links, please, whenever you make a claim as outrageous as this one.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Gimmicky controller + bad hardware is something I hope Nintendo can left behind.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

i thought the wiimote and nunchuck were great and would love to seen an enhanced one. it would also be intersting to see nintendos take on the steam controller.

so i;'m pretty open minded about what they do controller wise. if anything i would be dissapointed with they went with a carbon copy of the X1 controller.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I guess it would have to fit the games. Can't really say beyond that.

KillOnSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#9 KillOnSight
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

I can tolerate failures and fuckups if it potentially means new genres, more accuracy, fun, more input, immersion..

When you think about it, the end game to all of this is the Matrix, so while you xbone/ps4 peasants are more than happy to jack in with your less than adequate diamond face buttons, wildly innacurate analogue sticks and pew pew triggers, the more advanced Nintendo master race uses motion and mind control.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I like the idea of controller/handheld hybrid, but motion controls and the likes? No thank you.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

as long as it has traditional buttons and isnt full motion controls again

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

As long as the games are good and playable

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I actually think they nailed it with the gamepad. They just need to make it a little smaller with a smaller HD screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I'm really hoping for a traditional controller. I would especially be pissed off if they make an all touch controller with no physical buttons which I'm kind of worried they might do after seeing their patent a few weeks ago. That said, I think I love Nintendo games too much to ever not buy the NX. The NX could be really weak, have crappy online, and a controller that I hate, but as long as Nintendo's games don't drop in quality, I'm most likely going to buy the NX no matter what.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

At this point a revised gamepad. That's just for BC because I love smash, mk8 and mario world.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bunchanumbers

@Legend002 said:

At this point a revised gamepad. That's just for BC because I love smash, mk8 and mario world.

pretty much this. I am a proponent of the gamepad now. If they're insisting on going with 2 screens, I don't think they really could do much better than a revised gamepad. Its been a while since they have tweaked a controller setup without going completely overboard. I hope with NX, it has a smaller gamepad with a HD screen and the NFC reader on top of the system itself. Plus the option to have 2 amiibos active at the same time.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:
@Legend002 said:

pretty much this. I am a proponent of the gamepad now. If they're insisting on going with 2 screens, I don't think they really could do much better than a revised gamepad. Its been a while since they have tweaked a controller setup without going completely overboard. I hope with NX, it has a smaller gamepad with a HD screen and the NFC reader on top of the system itself. Plus the option to have 2 amiibos active at the same time.

The Wii U gamepad failed from a hardware standpoint.

I think they can make a better controller, slightly smaller, with a more advanced screen.

I'm all for Nintendo giving this another shot. I think the Wii U gamepad had and still has a lot of potential.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bunchanumbers

@R4gn4r0k said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Legend002 said:

The Wii U gamepad failed from a hardware standpoint.

I think they can make a better controller, slightly smaller, with a more advanced screen.

I'm all for Nintendo giving this another shot. I think the Wii U gamepad had and still has a lot of potential.

from a hardware standpoint? Absolutely. It was too expensive to produce and it really affected their price even to this day. I wouldn't be shocked if it even affected hardware power itself. Hopefully Nintendo realized that this can't happen again and come up with a more sensible strategy when it comes to controllers. The worst part about Wii U is that it can't handle 4 gamepads at the same time. That should have been important when deciding hardware specs.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I expect it to be a console/handheld hybrid, so it's gotta have some kind of controller that can function as a portable, I'm guessing a controller with a built in screen like a Wii U or a DS/3DS, but it has to have some kind of localized portable processing capabilities to handle games on the go. My worry is that with the talk of Nintendo's user cloud network, one which users with unused systems share their NX systems to help with graphical tasks for other users, I worry that will be used to handle it's portable nature capabilities, meaning the system might only be as portable as it is that the user has a reliable WiFi connection, and/or maybe Nintendo will require a 3G/4G subscription for dedicated internet access... I so hope that's not the case or I might as well write them off right now. What I had hoped they were going for is some kind of device with a beefy portable controller that did most of the localized processing, with maybe a graphical boost provided by some kind of docking station with its own support capabilities, so when one wants to dock their unit to function like a console then grab a standard controller to play games like a normal console they can. Or if they want to off TV play like on a Wii U they can too.

Loading Video...

The biggest challenge IMO is Nintendo balancing portability, power, and price... and phunctionality. If it is a portable that can be docked, I image it can transmit to a TV in much the same way a Chromecast or Roku dongle gets a video signal from a tablet. That might be another problem for it, that it will be too complex for your average dimwit to use. I think people like the idea of a console that you simply plug in and play, power to power, HDMI or color coded video cables go in their right place, power up and play, done... this will require a little more effort on their part.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Charizard, SW has had enough of your threads. Go home.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@osan0 said:

i thought the wiimote and nunchuck were great and would love to seen an enhanced one. it would also be intersting to see nintendos take on the steam controller.

so i;'m pretty open minded about what they do controller wise. if anything i would be dissapointed with they went with a carbon copy of the X1 controller.

What makes you think Nintendo gives a shit about Steam´s controller, Nintendo pretty much always does whatever they like.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Traditional buttons are a must, but anything extra is acceptable as long as it doesn't interfere with games in a standard sense.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Links, please, whenever you make a claim as outrageous as this one.

Well don't be surprised considering Nintendo was also dubbed racist (something I CAN link). Besides char, you should know the results of arguing with someone like Jaysonguy and Tigersuperman.

Loading Video...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

I was probably on point when i said NX will be a hybrid console when it first announced when few days back i did a little research and it seems NX will be that . A console that can be a handheld at the same time and some sources talking about playing the same games on TV as well as on the go but with worse graphics .

I dont know if those rumors are true or not but assuming there is some truth in them my crystal ball was once again right , we gonna have an hybrid like console and that will be its main marketing sale point. It wont be its controller this time or gimmick controls or anything like it. The official statements pointing that big time by saying that they dont want to have anything to do with Wii and Wii U for their next system.

All in all in the end of the day .... whatever the hardware , hybrid or not , gimmicks or not .. Games are the true sale point . As i said months before Wii U release ... Nintendo SHOULD NOT hype the wrong things and focus on anything else than games. With Wii U they were hyping a controller way more than games or hardware itself.. and here we are after 3 years ... the results i once again i was worrying about and pointed out here in gamespot , came true. They should hire me for an advisor or something or should i work as a fortune teller.

Joking aside , Nintendo needs to revive their existing franchises , make them look different ( means cooler and more appealing to todays standards ), play better , go stronger. Provide New IPs for once. Lure in some decent 3rd party support. Try to go multiplayer mode with games like Splatoon being a good example. Provide a hardware that will challenge the current rivals and at the same time have appealing price. Make some great remasters of games like Mario 3D world , Zelda Wii U , Bayonneta 2 , Galaxy 1/2 for NX for its first year to get hype behind its library and make a fuss. Simple yet vital things are what will make NX a success.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

I think I would prefer option 4. Either leave the current pro controller and re-brand it with NX. Or bundle it with the new system and offer the controller with the screen as like a pro controller like Xbox. That way you have a choice. That makes the most sense to me.

3SidedSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 3SidedSquare
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

@nintendoboy16:

1. I see no racism in this story. Nationalism? Maybe (and that's a huge maybe). But if a black man told me as a white person that I "wouldn't understand" how he's treated because of his race, does that make him racist? No. It's a statement. So a Japanese exec saying that American employees wouldn't understand because they're not Japanese is the same thing. Again it's simply a statement, and probably a true one at that (Japan is super frictkin' weird). While that's a stupid reason to ignore an employee's ideas (explaining would've helped), it certainly doesn't make them racist. At the end of the day the company that pays your bills is based in Japan, so maybe listening to your Japanese bosses is the best thing to do.

2. This is an isolated incident with little details. It could've been just one or two Japanese higher-ups who were in charge of the western studio and mistranslations/misunderstandings probably occurred frequently because of this. I highly doubt all of the staff spoke Japanese, and one or two translators probably relayed the info to the rest of the staff.

3. This article is written in English, so there's heavy bias for the Americans. Maybe the non-Japanese employees in the studio were the ones being pricks to the Japanese execs. We simply don't know. Americans are pretty good at being racist and I wouldn't put it past them to make the non-natives in the company out to be the bad guys.

I'm not saying the situation wasn't shady, because it definitely was. I'm just saying that calling Ninty racist based on this one reported instance is just silly. If there's more evidence for Nintendo being racist/nationalist I'm certainly interested in reading up on it, but this one link holds no water for evidence of that being true.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Give it minor gimmicks.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 osan0

@raugutcon: true but they are not above taking existing technologies and, basically, showing the rest of the industry how to actually implement it for games. they do it all the time. the steam controller is great but i reckon nintendo could also do some interesting things with the tech found in the steam controller.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

As long as I have an option to play with a standard controller, I don't really have an issue with this stuff.

I actually want the gamepad to return, or for there to be something similar to it for the NX. Just don't tie it to the hardware again, and make it so the signal has more reach so that I can take the gamepad more than 2 inches away from the main console.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@osan0 said:

The Wii-mote was great for certain applications. The most casual game, Wii-sports, was actually the most brilliant.

Unfortunately even the Wii-Mote was probably better as an accessory, and not something to build a console around. Eventually it became "forced" into games because that was really the only option.

The tablet for the Wii-U isn't a horrible idea, but man was it executed horribly. I don't get Nintendo's love for "two screens". I think they basically saw the IPAD success, combined with their already existing love for 2 screens on the 3DS and DS, and basically just rolled with it. Unfortunately, everything about it's execution seems horrible to me. It is a low end tablet, not a high end. Battery life is not good... you can only have 1 per system... yet despite it's "cheapness" it still is expensive to replace, and cost so much they had to make the hardware cheap garbage to accommodate it. Makes no sense at all to make the garbage table the priority in the system design.

I really hope Nintendo just goes back to basics with NX, focus on the hardware design first and foremost. Then implement whatever control scheme they want, but the control scheme can't dictate the rest of the system.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I want a regular controller. I don't mind some gimmicks added like touchpad or share button(I actually love those two), but nothing like motion controls or oversized low resolution tablet bullshit.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 osan0

@2Chalupas: i never found the wiimote to be a hinderance in any of the games i played. initally i thought okami was a missfire but after some practice...drawing god. at worst it just didnt add anything (mario galaxy would have been fine with a traiditonal controller for example). but shooters and many other games benefitted imho...and not just casual games. as i have said in other threads....i wish nintendo ran with it for the wii u instead of the gamepad because it was a great idea with a lot of room for expansion.

i also have to partially disagree with you on the gamepad. its integration into the wiiu system is second to none. if someones game needs a second screen then the wiiu is the place to put it. there are games that would really shine with a second screen (elite dangerous, command and conquer etc.). the overall shape of the controller and the resolution of the screen is also about right for a gaming device. the only criticism i have for the controller itself is that the touch screen should have been capacitive rather than resistive.

the wiiu's biggest problem is that nintendo doesnt make games that need a second screen. unlike the wii, where the games were built around the wiimote and nunchuck and, when done properly, it workd well, the gamepad offers nothing to the games nintendo games for the wii u (hell pikmin 3 is best played with a wiimote and nunchuck). its not the gamepad thats the problem...its that fact that the gamepad adds nothing to the games that use it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

I really wish they would give up the gimmicks, and just focus on a powerful new console with quality games and good third party support this time. They can use the WiiU Pro Controller as far as I am concerned. That thing is a solid controller.

Yeah I agree. I just want a proper console with a proper controller.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Well the gamepad was a total flop from what they showed before launch and it turned out to be garbage. If they can implement it correctly I can tolerate it, ot it will be another garbage controller.

QuietRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By QuietRaven
Member since 2015 • 108 Posts
@Jaysonguy said:

They certainly have been pretty discriminatory to left handed users. Though in some cases they take them into consideration, others like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, would have *really* pissed me off if I were left handed.

Other then that, I can't say I know what you are talking about. "Very vocal about saying that they do not care in the least to stop their practices."? I'm interested in seeing an example of that...

As for the topic at hand, I don't really a gimmick to be forced too much. Give a tradition controller as an option, and only use a special controller if it really suits the game. Just don't force it. I think the Wii U did that successfully enough.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

from a hardware standpoint? Absolutely. It was too expensive to produce and it really affected their price even to this day. I wouldn't be shocked if it even affected hardware power itself. Hopefully Nintendo realized that this can't happen again and come up with a more sensible strategy when it comes to controllers. The worst part about Wii U is that it can't handle 4 gamepads at the same time. That should have been important when deciding hardware specs.

Yeah tablet technology moved by at such a rapid pace;

And Nintendo was stuck there creating an expensive controller, that was slightly too big (though did feel really comfortable for it's size) and it's screen was too small, too low res and not responsive enough compared to the rapidly evolving tablet screens.

When it was first announced, it was weird indeed when Nintendo said: "Only 1 Wii U gamepad per console"... Everyone had the same though: "What ?" But in the end it did make senses, as they wanted an asymetrical way of play. And that worked when one had the gamepad and the others just have regular controllers :)

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#37 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I don't mind gimmicks at all when they work.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

So what are the criticisms to the Wii U controller? The screen resolution was low. And that is true. But keep in mind, the screen resolution on a DS4/XB1 controller is non existent...
I've heard Wii U owners mention time and again that it's cool how it allows you to play when the TV is in use. The people who say it made the controller too big haven't used it at all. It's not like it's natural to have your hands together. The weight is very comparable to their competitors. In one or two games that use it, it broke immersion. In other games that use it, it worked real well. It took a lot of the clutter off screen. Yet it constantly gets seen as this negative thing about the Wii U. Super Mario Maker wouldn't have existed without that gamepad.

I hope the PS5/XB2 controllers will use a screen, even if tiny. You'd see, it can be quite useful. You guys are so scared of change.

m64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 m64
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts

I voted for "You're okay with a completely new controller gimmick/concept (given the console's hardware and online not being compromised, and additional traditional controllers being sold)" .

But I really would love a better version of the Wii U's GamePad !

I mean : a lighter and a little smaller one , better screen res. , definitely a better battery life , and so on .. evolution

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Out of reaction I voted for "no gimmicks" due to the Wii and WiiU.

But after thinking of it quickly afterwards....I'm really a "don't mind too much as long as separate normal controller is available."

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Nintendo's done nothing to prove to me that their hardware "innovations" offer anything past the point of superficialities that are not worth the compromises to the main hardware itself that could've been put to better use in other areas of game design. Matter of fact, they more often than not are an impediment to just trying to enjoy their games. Whether it be having to constantly recalibrate in Skyward Sword and never having in still work 100% of the time, to having atrocious battery life of the Gamepad, it's been nothing but a pain.

Their gimmicks are trash. But we'll undoubtedly see another one, not because it's needed, but because Nintendo always has to be different and that's the driving motivation. They are now all about contrarianism, so much so that they've come to evolve their entire business strategy around it in the belief it is their only path to success.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@MirkoS77: I mean, the analog stick, shoulder buttons, D-pad, rumble, touch screens, these are all Nintendo controller gimmicks too, man.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@MirkoS77: I mean, the analog stick, shoulder buttons, D-pad, rumble, touch screens, these are all Nintendo controller gimmicks too, man.

Borne out of a natural evolution demanded by gameplay advancement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@MirkoS77: sure, but the argument can be made that motion controls are also just that- it is an argument that makes perfect sense in context of the upcoming VR wave, in fact. In this light, the most egregious criticism that can be leveled at Nintendo and Wii is that it was a bit too ahead of its time in the control scheme that it sought to offer.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#45 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I want another Wii Remote and Nunchuk.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I hope they go VR and that will necessitate a different control scheme from a traditional console. If they are making a more traditional 2D console, then motion controls are tacky and largely unnecessary. It also makes the controllers more expensive which is production budget that could have gone towards a better hardware.

I guess you could say that I think if you're not going to break all of the rules, then go ahead and break none of them. Make the best machine you can and let the game developers innovate as opposed to pidgeonholing them with some concept that will make or break your system.

KillOnSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#47 KillOnSight
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Borne out of a natural evolution demanded by gameplay advancement.

@charizard1605 said:

@MirkoS77: sure, but the argument can be made that motion controls are also just that- it is an argument that makes perfect sense in context of the upcoming VR wave, in fact. In this light, the most egregious criticism that can be leveled at Nintendo and Wii is that it was a bit too ahead of its time in the control scheme that it sought to offer.

PC gaming is another example, which came first the M&K or the RTS?

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

I just want a NORMAL controller, and games built around that and that only! But I wouldn't mind if it is backwards compatible with the Wii and Wii U and can also use those controllers for their games, if that didn't happen it's no big deal but I hope they just stick to a plane controller

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Make a sleek, sexy, evolution of the gamepad, I really really enjoy using that thing, Xenoblade Chronicles X would be hell with the map info on the tv screen.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#50 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

I am alright with small things like a gyroscope and touchpad or touchscreen. Making it a motion controlled console again like the Wii and it is a deal breaker. But I def don't see that happening.