To turn on the Lite Switch or wait for the PS5?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

So I want a Lite Switch, but I'm worried about the joy stick problem. I heard there is already a new Lite design, so maybe the Lite will be fixed in the near future. I have no room for a regular Switch, and will only have room for a PS5. Any suggestions?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Wait and see what PS5 will actually deliver. Right now we know very little. Making a decision without knowing everything could make you regret your decision.

I hear in Feb, Sony is having an event... more than likely to give info on PS5.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

So I want a Lite Switch, but I'm worried about the joy stick problem. I heard there is already a new Lite design, so maybe the Lite will be fixed in the near future. I have no room for a regular Switch, and will only have room for a PS5. Any suggestions?

New cabinet.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

I have a suggestion, put the Switch on top of your PS5 :)

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DEVILinIRON

@davillain-: Lol. I wish. Space is at a premium. But I'll look again.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Wait

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

get the switch lite.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9479 Posts

If you don't have a Switch then buy a normal one while you wait. If you do then just wait. That's my take.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 729 Posts

I want a Switch too, but if I had to choose between the two, then PS5. Thinking about a Switch this Xmas. I just need to figure out if there are more than three games I want to play on it.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15872 Posts

Depends on your gaming taste tbh. I bpught the switch due to zelda hype and xenoblade 2. After that it never really get much love from me as games on it is either cheaper or better performance options on other consoles.

Btw Zelda was fantastic but xenoblade 2 sucked ass.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

The switch is a side console. Prioritize the ps5 and then get the lite when its 50 dollars lol

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61427 Posts

@Livecommander: The Switch has an established library of excellent games. The PS5 currently has nothing...

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Why not get a regular Switch? Then you can easily fix any analog problem plus have more features and better battery life. Basically better in every way than the Lite.

And then get a PS5 because it mostly plays different games :-)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69090 Posts

The Switch is an excellent system for getting the worse version of any game at the highest price. I say go for it.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18782 Posts

@Jendeh: "I just need to figure out if there are more than three games I want to play on it."

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Switch Lite > PS5 in every single way

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The joystick problem will never be fixed. So don't wait for that. Sony and Nintendo have always had this problem on handhelds and it was never fixed, so I don't expect there to be a fix.

So if you get a Lite you have to take into account, maybe you will have to open it up to replace a joystick, or send it in for a few days.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Livecommander

@lundy86_4: excellent side games. Who the hell goes a whole 7 years only playing indies , zelda and mario

Makes no sense buying dem few watered down third party switch games except special occasions.

You have to be a robot to consider the super small possiblity that ps5 will have no games.

And on top of that its actually gonna have modern lookin third party games

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23813 Posts

@Livecommander said:

@lundy86_4: excellent side games. Who the hell goes a whole 7 years only playing indies , zelda and mario

Makes no sense buying dem few watered down third party switch games except special occasions.

You have to be a robot to consider the super small possiblity that ps5 will have no games.

Indies, Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Platinum Games, Smash, Pokemon, and many more.

And for the record, I can see someone spending 7 years playing only indie games, in fact, some gamers are content spending that time pretty much only playing 1 indie game ;)

I made a list somewhere of good switch games, and I came to around 30 games. That are either best on switch, or exclusive to it. In other words, something that I, a PC gamer would play on the switch.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

I say get the Switch. There’s tons of excellent games already out and available to play now with a lot more coming in the near future.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

isnt the ps5 like a year and 2 months away?

you that broke? lol

thre joycon issue depends from system to system on some it happens faster. also depends on how much you play. if you play the shit out of it 4 hours a day 5 days a week then maybe in 6 months or a year you may have an issue.

if you rarely use it you could go the whole gen without a problem.

there is no new switch lite and if there was the sticks are already set in stone.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Nothing like waiting a whole year for lackluster launch games

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Livecommander

@Maroxad said:
@Livecommander said:

Indies, Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Platinum Games, Smash, Pokemon, and many more.

And for the record, I can see someone spending 7 years playing only indie games, in fact, some gamers are content spending that time pretty much only playing 1 indie game ;)

I made a list somewhere of good switch games, and I came to around 30 games. That are either best on switch, or exclusive to it. In other words, something that I, a PC gamer would play on the switch.

Lol all those games are excellent. Pokemon is more handheld besides this new IP.

Games like NBA 2k , madden , cod etc make the switch a side console. Every gen there's 2 or 3 godly AAA tittles that Nintendo just doesn't get good treatment for

A 200 dollar pc is all you need if you mainly care about indies.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

@Pedro said:

The Switch is an excellent system for getting the worse version of any game at the highest price. I say go for it.

I thought Untitled Goose Game, Hallow Knight, Zelda, Odyssey, the Dark Souls port, Shovel Knight, and many other games were excellent.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

I'd love to have your ability to tell the future.

What games are launching with the PS5?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@MonsieurX said:

I'd love to have your ability to tell the future.

What games are launching with the PS5?

PS3 and PS4 launchs

neojotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 neojotic
Member since 2019 • 24 Posts

It really depends on what you want out of the gaming experience. PS5 will be providing 8k support and will be a console that impresses with technical specifications. It is also rumored to be backwards compatible and will still support PSVR. The next Xbox will be similar when it comes to technical specifications. As for the games library we really don't know what to expect but ask yourself this, what impact did exclusives make in this generation? Also, how important are exclusives to you?

The Switch is a console that's fueled on exclusives as their third party titles fall short. Nintendo is attempting to right the ship by continuing old series, working on new exclusives or new concepts for existing ones as well as remaking classic games. However, as great as this is to see Nintendo continue the legacy for many of their series, the actual hardware itself is subpar.

Right off the bat you're aware of a joystick problem. Remember on the lite version there's no joycon so there's no getting out of it. While the Lite version may be a superior handheld platform the original Switch hooks up to a TV and it is a piece of hardware that doesn't hold up to consoles released before it in the same generation.

I will say this, if you do choose the Switch do yourself a favor and don't get the Lite version of it. Both suffer quality issues in regards to the manufacturing but the original version gives you enough options to have a workaround if you're affected by it. The Lite version gives you only one option so you will be relying on the same two joysticks and screen throughout the life of the product. I personally feel like the Lite version is just a cheap way for onboarding.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

PC and have it all

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

You have no room for the smallest console ever?

BS, just get the regular Switch.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DEVILinIRON

Well, damnit. OK. Maybe I might.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Well one is available now with a library of excellent games and only 250$. Other one is more than a year away, with no announced games and based on history most likely will have crap all to play at launch, also will probably cost 500+$....

So yeah really tough decision...

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Personally I'll wait for the Switch Pro to release and wait for the PS5 pro in the future since the Switch already has a proven library of games. I wouldn't even get one until PS5 until it has a significant library of games.