To those who own a PS3 AND a PS4 (rant)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

Whats the point? Seriously. The PS4 is just an updated PS3. Im not a Microsoft fanboy, I enjoyed my PS3 all through last gen and still play it, I sold my 3rd 360 last gen (the other 2 broke).

If your care about graphics that much then why not invest in a good PC?

That's really the only reason I can see for purchasing a PS4... and if you actually do your research you'll realize that Xbox one was built for the future.

The xbox ones design is far more complex than the PS4. Direct X 11.2 will vastly improve textures, and developers will better utilize the esRam capabilities. Not to mention the power of the Cloud. Don't be ignorant, because Xbox one hardware is capable of hitting 1080p 60fps, the systems just launched. When the 360 launched a year before ps3 the grahpics weren't that much of an improvement from the original xbox. What I like about Xbox this gen is they're trying something NEW and more innovative than what Nintendo offers. It's more than a gaming console.

My point is, why is Sony getting sooo much praise for it simple/cheap, lack of feature, futureless, pure gaming console with the worst exclusives? imo

Gamers are being ignorant and cows are blinded by pretty graphics I think.

SO, why would you purchase a PS4 if you already own a PS3? Its not a new experience at all, the touch pad and light sensor is NOT the future, its just a gimmick to compete with motion controls and is less innovative than the ps move. Seriously, the only plausible reason I can fathom is for the exclusives, but Xbox one blows Sony out of the water in that department IMO.

Although I say Xbox one is built for the future, It launched with more exclusives, better exclusive features, theirs no reason to wait. graphics are SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY better on Ps4. Don't tell me PS4 is a much superior console in every way, because that is pure ignorance. The main reason it's outselling xbox one is because its $100 cheaper.

I believe ill eventually buy a PS4 like 5 years from now and get all the exclusives, however even then Xbox one will always be my main console this gen, its obvious.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Maybe because of the.....games? Sure the graphics being better than x1 are a nice plus. Plus the fact its $100 cheaper. It only makes sense.

Also, lol at Xbox having superior exclusives than Sony.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

you're forgetting the fundamentals: games, games, games

Sony has an incredible first party and will have tons of 3rd party support this gen

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

@mrintro: I have all the Sony exclusives on my Ps3, why do I need them on a Ps4?

Like I said, ill wait 5 years from now to play them because Sony has nothing NEW to offer as of now. slightly better graphics don't mean anything to me, uncharted 2 and 3 still look great and ill replay those games before I purchase a Ps4. If I bought a PS4 now, it would make my Ps3 almost usless. Id rather get a new experience of what Xbox one offers, and stretch out the lifespan of my Ps3.

still nobody answered my question, as I see it there is no plausible answer to own a PS4 is you own a Ps3.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

are you kidding TC sony has the best 1st party

Eisen_Howl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eisen_Howl
Member since 2014 • 83 Posts

@gamemediator said:

Im not a Microsoft fanboy, I enjoyed my PS3 all through last gen and still play it, I sold my 3rd 360 last gen (the other 2 broke).

That's really the only reason I can see for purchasing a PS4... and if you actually do your research you'll realize that Xbox one was built for the future.

If you're going to make a statement that you're NOT a Microsoft Fanboy, but then go on a whole rant of why the Xbox One is the future, and the PS4 isn't; and then defending Microsoft's lack of juicing up the Xbox One in terms of what it's capable of presenting in terms of graphics in gaming - you might as well not make that statement at all.

I'm not calling you a Fanboy of Microsoft, but it's kinda like saying:

"i'm not racist or anything - in fact, a lot of my good friends are black...but why are black people so violent? is it because they're African?"

(Again, just an example. Please don't take that statement seriously.)

You're not a Fanboy, you're just sounding really like one.

But to be ON-TOPIC:

I wouldn't pay $100 for a machine that does everything - including gaming, the original backbone of the Xbox - much less better than the devices I already have.

I understand, that yes, perhaps, the direction Xbox is going IS ACTUALLY the future. A lot of media devices are converging, that much is true, and I commend Microsoft for taking that step forward, i do. But it does NOT excuse them for rushing out a device that is supposed to do whatever it is it's trying to do.

If you're going to take that step forward, you've gotta do it right - and do it in a way that is appealing and shows the rest of the world how it's done.

Not half-ass it and then stumble and limp during your first act.

I'd buy an Xbone if it did all it wanted to do, better than the devices I have - and especially if it can do gaming better, if not on par as the PS4 - which it so far hasn't.

Because, well. They said this last year in May.

I do not need an expensive device that does not do what it supposed to.

But in the future, the next generation, yes - I probably would. Because they'd learn from their mistake and make a better reiteration of the Xbone and perhaps - if they learned their lesson, and learnt it well - they'd do it EXTREMELY better.

Right now, hell no.

- But really, i bought the PS4 cause i enjoy Sony's games more. Simple as that.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

OP is a wild lemming. Everybody and their grandma knows Sony destroys M$ when it comes to exclusives.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@gamemediator said:

@mrintro: I have all the Sony exclusives on my Ps3, why do I need them on a Ps4?

Like I said, ill wait 5 years from now to play them because Sony has nothing NEW to offer as of now. slightly better graphics don't mean anything to me, uncharted 2 and 3 still look great and ill replay those games before I purchase a Ps4. If I bought a PS4 now, it would make my Ps3 almost usless. Id rather get a new experience of what Xbox one offers, and stretch out the lifespan of my Ps3.

still nobody answered my question, as I see it there is no plausible answer to own a PS4 is you own a Ps3.

it sounds like you want people to convince you to buy a ps4. if you didn't do your own research, than you obviously just don't want to buy it. there are games coming out for the PS4 this year, and all of the multiplats with arguably be better on PS4. $400 is dirt cheap for what you're getting.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Hahahahahaha what a fanboy, no sir this is the start of the gen both systems are going to get better over time, shame at the starting grid ps4 is already hitting 1080p 60fps and xbox one is not, this won't change the ram isn't fast enough for the console, PS4 is built for the future of games by using the GDDR5 RAM.

Xbox One the future my arse it can't even do the multimedia that great and i'm suppose to believe it's the one thing i need the all in one box when reality is i need a cable box so thats 2 boxes already and then when i run out of space on my xbox one i'm going to have to have another box called an external hard drive. nice try.

ps4 is just an updated ps3 :S what the hell of course it's an up date thats what they all are :S

considering the ps3 had 256gb worth of ram and could make games like the last of us and beyond two souls visualary i honestly can't wait to see what 4gb of gddr5 ram can do with the games part, useless fanboy thread, trying to convert people to xbox one, how desperate do you want to be.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Never too late to join the Sony family TC.

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

I play predominantly on PC, but I also had a PS3 for Sony's incredible exclusives. Buying a PS4 was no-brainer for me. I know my PC is going to look superior, but there are PS4 games I won't be able to play on PC.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@gamemediator said:

Whats the point? Seriously. The PS4 is just an updated PS3. Im not a Microsoft fanboy, I enjoyed my PS3 all through last gen and still play it, I sold my 3rd 360 last gen (the other 2 broke).

The xbox ones design is far more complex than the PS4. Direct X 11.2 will vastly improve textures, and developers will better utilize the esRam capabilities. Not to mention the power of the Cloud. Don't be ignorant, because Xbox one hardware is capable of hitting 1080p 60fps, the systems just launched. When the 360 launched a year before ps3 the grahpics weren't that much of an improvement from the original xbox. What I like about Xbox this gen is they're trying something NEW and more innovative than what Nintendo offers. It's more than a gaming console.

My point is, why is Sony getting sooo much praise for it simple/cheap, lack of feature, futureless, pure gaming console with the worst exclusives? imo

SO, why would you purchase a PS4 if you already own a PS3? Its not a new experience at all, the touch pad and light sensor is NOT the future, its just a gimmick to compete with motion controls and is less innovative than the ps move. Seriously, the only plausible reason I can fathom is for the exclusives, but Xbox one blows Sony out of the water in that departmentIMO.

Although I say Xbox one is built for the future, It launched with more exclusives, better exclusive features, theirs no reason to wait. graphics are SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY better on Ps4. Don't tell me PS4 is a much superior console in every way, because that is pure ignorance. The main reason it's outselling xbox one is because its $100 cheaper.

I believe ill eventually buy a PS4 like 5 years from now and get all the exclusives, however even then Xbox one will always be my main console this gen, its obvious.

Just for anyone else who didn't want to read it all. In the first sentence he claims he's not a fanboy then continues to prove otherwise.

Your concern trolling, most probably after the stomping MS just got in NPD, has caused severe salt levels to rise in your blood TC. I'll try and get you a doctor's appointment for 2moro if one does Saturdays.

Troll thread 0.5/10

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@gamemediator said:

Whats the point? Seriously.

I'm keeping my PS3 because it's a PS3, PS2 and PS1 all in one box which is awesome.

I'm buying a PS4 because it has the best hardware of the new consoles at a reasonable price and I've enjoyed every Sony console to date, so why the **** not? It'll get all the multiplats, plenty of good 3rd party exclusives and as far as 1st party stuff goes, Sony may not be on Nintendos level, but they're still pretty solid.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Its only $400, its not that big of an investment. Sure the games are lacking, and the PS3 is the much better system atm. But if you are mildly interested in any games that exclusive to the console, I would consider getting one. But you cant replace one with the other, the PS3 is a very good console with an amazing library of games. On that note I would have to recommend a good PC, because that too has many games one would like to play. The only system I cant recommend is the X1, and I do own one BTW. Unless you're a die hard MS fan, and you cant live without Halo,Gears, and Forza. MS just took one to many steps backwards with the X1, I hope they get their act together, because the 360 was a very good console its 1st few years.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

@gamemediator said:

Im not a Microsoft fanboy

yup lemming confirmed!!

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

TC in a nutshell: STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Even though TC is a troll I'll bite:

1: I did my research, PS4's GPU is customised with more future tech prospects like GPGPU which is where game devving is going.

2: PS3 was more complex last gen and look how that turned out? Thankfully the CELL did harness some advantages, The Xbox One doesn't. PS4 simpler design is easy on devs, which means games running better and quicker(Loads of evidence so far from this)

3: DX11.2, the same thing PS4 is also capable at doing just in the openGL world. Not to mention it's suped up to do DX11.2+

4: Devs will get used to the eSRAM but the eSRAM only acts like a bandaid for the Xbox's awkward memory set up, more time consuming for devs

5: Power of the cloud.....LOL. Can't wait until MS splinters their install base by having games running better and looking nice ONLY for people with good internet connections. That's gonna go down well ;).

6: No-ones ignorant, just realistic at not believing false promises that the PR spews.

7: Trying something 'NEW' has cost them dearly as it seems like no-one wanted it in the first place apart from a niche hardcore, would you honestly not trade up kinect for a more powerful system? C'mon TC. Is 'they're trying something new' now the save face lems have now? That's sad.

8: Please tell me where it's more innovative than Nintendo's also, because LOL

9: Sony is getting praise for being simple & cheap from both devs and consumers, the two types of groups a games console is aimed at. Success.

10: Featureless? Subjective, who needs non-gaming features if you've bought one to play games on it. Not a loss to people who don't give a ****.

11: Worst exclusives? I'm glad you followed that with 'imo', good job there.

12: Touchpad is a far more viable 'gimmick' than motion controls as it acts as another direct input and therefore should be reliable, especially seeing as the Kinect 2.0 was advertised as a 1:1 experience, which it isn't and frankly, will never be. It's nice tech but it's extremely flawed, see Fighter Within.

13: Xbox blows Sony out of the water with exclusives? More evidence showing you didn't own a single PS3 last gen. Also subjective too I guess.

14: Again the PS4 as a gaming machine is more built for the future than the Xbox.

15: It launched with more exclusives, probably the only thing you've stated correctly so far

16: More exclusive features? Like what, I'm willing to bet they aren't gaming related.

17: There's reason to wait, wait for the price drop, the kinect to be drop and some decent games that don't run like or look like shit for a start. Quantum Break is MS's next chance in convincing me the Xbone is worth getting as it's the only appealing Exclusive so far on the system, IMO. Not to mention all the worse running multiplats I can play the superior version on my PS4 instead, more value for money you see?

18: Graphics only slightly better than PS3? That's flattering to the PS3 I guess, strange for a lem, but you're still out of your mind haha.

19: The PS4 is superior in every way if seen as a gaming console, which is what most people are buying them for.

20: It's £100 cheaper... not to mention all the amazing press the PS4 gets by running games better than the competing consoles, I guess that doesn't help at all right? :P

21: Enjoy your PS4 in 5 years time that'll you'll still never get, I'll be enjoying definitive console editions of games and fantastic new IPs and sequels to franchises I like playing on my PS4 in the mean time. Enjoy paying top dollar for inferiority. :)

Boom.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I still actively play PS3, Wii and 360, and have a PS Vita, 3DS, Wii U, PS4 and laptop PC. I bought the PS4 because it will have the game series I want to play in the future, both exclusives and the best multiplats on consoles. I don't give a rat's ass about graphics or high end PC gaming.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50548 Posts

Yikes

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

No point owning PS3 & 4 right now, agreed there. Rest of your post was some sort of bizarre Xbone worship dreck you scribbled with your crayons.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

I was with you when you said there is no point to have a ps4 but then you went full lemming and lost me.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

When will hermits learn, the reason gamers buy game consoles are for the exclusive unique games that never make it to PC's. I still game on PC from time to time, but it's like my 4th or 5th option when it comes to gaming.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I own both and the point of owning both is there are games I want on both. Infamous SS is looking fantastic and then there are all the multiplats which have been performing better than the Xbox One counterparts. It costs $100 more for inferior versions of games. I was getting a one in match but I'm now waiting until e3 to see if there is a price drop but that may change depending on what ms shows me over the next few weeks

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts

@gamemediator said:

SO, why would you purchase a PS4 if you already own a PS3? Its not a new experience at all, the touch pad and light sensor is NOT the future, its just a gimmick to compete with motion controls and is less innovative than the ps move. Seriously, the only plausible reason I can fathom is for the exclusives, but Xbox one blows Sony out of the water in that department IMO.

>Says he doesn't care about graphics, says the Xbox One's graphics will improve and be better than the Playstation 4's

>Says Xbox is built for the future doesn't mention why besides that graphics will improve.

>Makes excuses as to why the Xbox One isn't as good in terms of graphics and sales than Playstaion 4

>Says Microsoft exclusives blow Sony's out the water, doesn't mention any games.

> Account created yesterday.

>Says all Cows are ignorant

>Says he isn't a Microsoft fanboy

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#25 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

Your topic is bad and you should feel bad!

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts

My launch day PS3 lasted me all last generation. No RROD, no buying another console to replace a "broken" one. Can't say the same about the XBox 360.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

Why even post? Let the people who want a PS4 get one and leave it at that. There is no need for this so called "rant"

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

No point owning PS3 & 4 right now, agreed there. Rest of your post was some sort of bizarre Xbone worship dreck you scribbled with your crayons.

:)

Also TC.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

PS4 doesn't play PS3 games. /thread

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

What's the point? Because I want the PS4 games but I have a huge library of PS3 games which I can't play anywhere else.

That's about it.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@gamemediator said:

That's really the only reason I can see for purchasing a PS4.

I stopped reading right there. I feel sorry for you now. If that is really the only reason you can think of, then....lets just say your brain isn't functioning as well as it should be and leave it at that.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I can't play GTA V and The Last of Us on my PS4.

Your OP is moronic and biased

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Sounds like someone's butthurt the PS4 is doubling the Xbone in sales. Even though according to some it has no games and is nothing more than a PS3 with better graphics.

Doesn't say much for what the Xbone has to offer then, shows how much it really sucks when it is being destroyed in sales by PS4 even though you say it has nothing to offer. I guess millions of people beg to differ.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I have both because I want both. I also have a PS2 and over 50 PS1 games on disc.

Your argument is invalid OP.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

why.....do......you......care? It's seems to me that you are insecure about what you have fella! lol

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Lemmings should be thanking Sony and the PS4 right now. The xbone would have only sold half the amount of consoles right now if it still had all that DRM and online BS. Lems would be even more screwed over right now. Xbone will win second place and they should be happy with that and accept it.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@gamemediator said:

The Sony exclusives haven't even come out on PS4 yet. Look at how many new IPs (Last of Us, Uncharted, Infamous, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain...just to name a few) we got from Sony last gen. How many did Microsoft roll out?

I haven't gotten a PS4 yet, as I'm waiting for some compelling software to release. If the past 3 Sony consoles are any indicator, that's just a matter of time.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Does the ps4 even have games?

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts

@bbkkristian: Are sheep still kicking?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

Does the ps4 even have games?

That question shares an answer with the following question: "Does the WiiU have any fans?"

The answer to both; not many.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Xbox One can hit 60fps 1080p, just with visuals slaughtered. It's x86, no secret sauce. The imaginable cloud won't save it since the US is covered with bandwidth greed.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#42 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts
@gamemediator said:
  • Whats the point? Seriously. The PS4 is just an updated PS3.

No, it's really not. The CPU architecture, memory pool size, and memory type are all completely different. The CPU isn't even from the same vendor as the Cell.

• If your care about graphics that much then why not invest in a good PC?

You miss the point of consoles entirely. Of course they can't compete with PCs; that's obvious. PCs require more work, research, and time. I've built several and I'm an avid PC gamer. Consoles, by comparison, are usually very easy to set up, use, and understand. And for what you spend on a PS4, you get pretty good performance.

• That's really the only reason I can see for purchasing a PS4... and if you actually do your research you'll realize that Xbox one was built for the future.

Built for the future? What does that even mean? The cloud won't be helping in the rendering process for many years due to bandwidth limitations(at least in the US). By the time the infrastructure has improved to the point where the cloud can actually make a difference, it will be time for new hardware.

• The xbox ones design is far more complex than the PS4. Direct X 11.2 will vastly improve textures, and developers will better utilize the esRam capabilities. Not to mention the power of the Cloud. Don't be ignorant, because Xbox one hardware is capable of hitting 1080p 60fps, the systems just launched. When the 360 launched a year before ps3 the grahpics weren't that much of an improvement from the original xbox. What I like about Xbox this gen is they're trying something NEW and more innovative than what Nintendo offers. It's more than a gaming console.

My last statement, and perhaps you should read what the Sniper Elite dev had to say about the Xbox One hardware and why it is more difficult for developers to hit 1080p @ 60fps.

• My point is, why is Sony getting sooo much praise for it simple/cheap, lack of feature, futureless, pure gaming console with the worst exclusives? imo

Simple? Cheap? Sounds to me like your describing the Wii U, rather than a PS4. You're not making sense.

• Gamers are being ignorant and cows are blinded by pretty graphics I think.

Yet, multiplatform games look and run better on PS4.

• SO, why would you purchase a PS4 if you already own a PS3? Its not a new experience at all, the touch pad and light sensor is NOT the future, its just a gimmick to compete with motion controls and is less innovative than the ps move. Seriously, the only plausible reason I can fathom is for the exclusives, but Xbox one blows Sony out of the water in that department IMO.

I agree that the touchpad and light sensor are a waste, but you know what's also a waste? Making your customers pay $25 to use their own headset with the Xbox One. Most of the exclusive launch titles aren't too hot on either platform. Ryse? Knack? lol

• Although I say Xbox one is built for the future, It launched with more exclusives, better exclusive features, theirs no reason to wait. graphics are SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY better on Ps4. Don't tell me PS4 is a much superior console in every way, because that is pure ignorance. The main reason it's outselling xbox one is because its $100 cheaper.

Developers, people who have actually worked with the hardware, disagree with you.

• I believe ill eventually buy a PS4 like 5 years from now and get all the exclusives, however even then Xbox one will always be my main console this gen, its obvious.

...Great for you?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

@gamemediator said:

okay enjoy your 720p call of duty ghosts on your 60 inch TV ill be playing it at 1080p, bu bu ONLY "SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY BETTER"

can xbone hit 1080p/30 fps medium eventually? maybe they could but even then so the Xbox ones sweet spot at 1080p/30fps in the future if it hits that simply wont have as much detail as ps4 games in terms of resolution, more effects, higher resolution textures, etc everything in a game engine simply will run better on the Playstation 4

both are going to be quite capable for a while but technology is moving stupid quick right now so 2-3 years our phones will be this good lol

ps4>xbox one in performance, is it a huge difference? no , both are GCN capable cards ps4 gpu has more grunt and its memory system is simply more straightforward and more efficient for developers

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@PinkieWinkie: To play devil's advocate, even as a ps4 supporter, I feel Microsoft has better exclusives than Sony... They just don't use them, instead opting for Halo/Gears/Forza/Fable... I

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

It was cheaper, better looking games and includes the only features I need with the nice little plus of sharing things. Most of all I bought one to play next Gen games. :)

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

OP you're jumping all over places.

At first you said and keep in mind I am quoting you here "If your care about graphics that much then why not invest in a good PC?"

And then you said "The xbox ones design is far more complex than the PS4. Direct X 11.2 will vastly improve textures, and developers will better utilize the esRam capabilities."

The last sentence I just outlined is about graphics. So I don't get your point.

bodde1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bodde1972
Member since 2013 • 117 Posts

@gamemediator said:

-Twaddle-

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

are you kidding TC sony has the best 1st party

no, Sony has Naughty Dog...it DOES NOT have the best 1st party studios though, at all.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Whenever someone opens a thread by saying "I'm not a fanboy," you know shit is going to go down with the fanboyism.