To naysayers of 4k

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@glez13 said:
@Wasdie said:
@nini200 said:

LOL 28 inch monitor. You wouldn't even notice much of a resolution difference past 720p on a 28 inch monitor lol

Maybe if you're 15 feet from the screen but not when it's less than 3 feet away on your desk.

4k is a great resolution for a PC monitor.

The ideal distance for this 28" monitor should be a little less than 2' maybe around 1'10" or something like that. Still a little small but almost near usual PC usage of around 2'-3'. Most probably something like 34" would be ideal for more people.

34" at 2-3' feet? That would be horrible. 40" is fine for 8 feet away.

Very few people want the screen to take up the majority of their field of vision.

I don't think 46" is too bad at about 3 feet

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I reckon 4K will be worth it only if you're going for 50 inches or above. Otherwise you're wasting your money.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I reckon 4K will be worth it only if you're going for 50 inches or above. Otherwise you're wasting your money.

Then all smartphone buyers are wasting money since most of the latest models have much higher pixel densities than a 50" 4k tv.

Also remember viewing distance. If you sit at hermit distance which is 1.5 ft for every 20 inches then you would definitely see pixelation on a 40" at 1080p.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Cranler said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Then all smartphone buyers are wasting money since most of the latest models have much higher pixel densities than a 50" 4k tv.

Also remember viewing distance. If you sit at hermit distance which is 1.5 ft for every 20 inches then you would definitely see pixelation on a 40" at 1080p.

how dare you, are you calling me a hermit?

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

If you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, up to 1440p....you need medical help asap.

All cows must be blind as heck

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

The people talking about TVs and viewing distance are a special kind of dumb. This thread is about a monitor.

A 4k TV is useless for at least a couple of years and probably much longer. A 4k monitor is useful right now and would be extremely worthwhile for gaming within the next couple nvidia launches

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Couth_ said:

The people talking about TVs and viewing distance are a special kind of dumb. This thread is about a monitor.

A 4k TV is useless for at least a couple of years and probably much longer. A 4k monitor is useful right now and would be extremely worthwhile for gaming within the next couple nvidia launches

spot on as usual