TLHBO 343 studio's hiring for a possible MMO

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25757 posts) -

343 studio's (halo 4) has started hiring for a new project. it appears to be an MMO as a vast majority of the open positions are asking for people with "mmo game developing experience"

http://vr-zone.com/articles/343-industries-looking-for-devs-with-mmo-experience/17987.html

lems loosing their grip on 343 studio's perhaps? or maybe their going to wreck halo with an mmo like swotor did star wars XD

#2 Posted by The_Game21x (26362 posts) -

You try too hard.

But on topic, I don't see how this is a problem. As far as any of us knows, it could be good.

Avatar image for Da_Koolio_Gamer
#3 Posted by Da_Koolio_Gamer (202 posts) -

I believe they re making a battlefront type game for halo considering pandemic all moved to 343

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (49728 posts) -
I can already see it. Buying the game+ buying gold subscription+ buying online subscription= holy fvcking d!ckst!cks.
#5 Posted by SecretPolice (31587 posts) -

Freaky deaky awesoooooome baby !! :D

halo-mmo-project-20090921024137569-29989

Halo MMO

ENS_MPv011.jpg

#6 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26842 posts) -

halo-mmo-project-20090921024137569-29989

Halo MMO

ENS_MPv011.jpg

SecretPolice

I don't see how you could be happy because the last company that worked on a Halo MMO was closed down:?

#7 Posted by UXO13 (135 posts) -
If this ever comes into fruition I really hope its a 720 exclusive. I also hope it scores well. Why? Because I buy every console and upgrade my PC every 2-3 years; I dont miss anything. I especially dont want to miss the day where console kids suddenly claim MMOs matter with gleeful comments such as - "Theres so much content. Theres nothing else like this. I cant believe how much stuff there is to do." "343 MMO expansion scored better than X PS4 exclusive. Add it to meta now!" "I cant believe how many people are battling on screen at once!" "I cant wait to pay monthly to get extra Dorito points. After all... Its PENNIES a day. PENNIES. As long as you have a job its worth it to play with friends." "Who cares about graphics in an MMO? Seriously? 9.0 U Mad?" Its going to be great.
#8 Posted by SecretPolice (31587 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Halo MMO

R4gn4r0k

I don't see how you could be happy because the last company that worked on a Halo MMO was closed down:?

Well, I don't think the making of the Halo MMO had all that much to do with them being closed and in fact from the pics, it seems it was looking quite good but perhaps that's just me and my appreciation of the Halo universe. :P

Oh and really, I rather liked the last game they made, Halo Wars and wish they never got shut down. :?

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
#9 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

R4gn4r0k
Someone was working on a Halo MMO?
#10 Posted by Thefatness16 (4673 posts) -

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

fernandmondego_

Someone was working on a Halo MMO?

Yup. Ensamble was working on it.

Link

#11 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

How is this a bad thing? It just means more Halo outside the main releases. This is a great thing.

#12 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26842 posts) -

Well, I don't think the making of the Halo MMO had all that much to do with them being closed and in fact from the pics, it seems it was looking quite good but perhaps that's just me and my appreciation of the Halo universe. :P

Oh and really, I rather liked the last game they made, Halo Wars and wish they never got shut down. :?

SecretPolice

My response was kind of weird :P. But I mean I can understand that those picture make you happy because it shows what a Halo MMO could become and they look very promising indeed. But to me it's just sad to see Ensemble go like that when they still had a lot of great ideas it seemed (they were working on a lot of projects)

#13 Posted by Heil68 (57686 posts) -
uh oh..:lol:
#14 Posted by CanYouDiglt (8226 posts) -

343 studio's (halo 4) has started hiring for a new project. it appears to be an MMO as a vast majority of the open positions are asking for people with "mmo game developing experience"

http://vr-zone.com/articles/343-industries-looking-for-devs-with-mmo-experience/17987.html

lems loosing their grip on 343 studio's perhaps? or maybe their going to wreck halo with an mmo like swotor did star wars XD

ionusX

Seriously next time you want to make a thread just please PLEASE do not. This thread almost makes Sniper threads look like great well thought out threads.

#15 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

I would love to see a Halo MMO.

WoW killer :cool:

#16 Posted by gensigns (1487 posts) -

hehehe, only in the bovine mind could this be seen a a bad thing...

#17 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

CanYouDiglt

Seriously next time you want to make a thread just please PLEASE do not. This thread almost makes Sniper threads look like great well thought out threads.

And SNIPER is at least entertaining. This is just sad.

#18 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
A console-based MMO with an unlimited budget and competent developers handling it. Yeah, totally ownage. Edit: Also, everyone, including Halo fans, have complained about the lack of branching into other genres that the IP has done. Even if the game is "okay" it would probably be better than most generic MMO's released these days.
#19 Posted by JohnF111 (14187 posts) -
Planetside Halo confirmed.
#20 Posted by PAL360 (28692 posts) -

Actually a Battlefront/Planetside kind of game in Halo's universe would be awesome :P

#21 Posted by StormyJoe (7542 posts) -

How is this lemming ownage? A MGS MMO sounds interesting. This thread = epic fail.

#22 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Ewww MMOs.

Don't do this 343.

#23 Posted by PAL360 (28692 posts) -

How is this lemming ownage? A MGS MMO sounds interesting. This thread = epic fail.

StormyJoe

It's just a sign of desperation. The worst haters can do now, is owning 360 owners with good news :P

#24 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

You try too hard.

But on topic, I don't see how this is a problem. As far as any of us knows, it could be good.

The_Game21x

But bro watch out! He's SUPERHARDCOREAWESOME420KUSH&KUSHSAUCEEPICQUICKSCOPESBROMLG! :o

:P

But yeah I don't see how this is a problem.

Maybe they're looking into reviving that Halo MMO project.

Edit: It wasn't Bungie.

#25 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I thought Bungie was making some kind of MMO, it takes place in space. I remember I even saw a screen shot of it. It's coming to PS4 and the next Xbox, might even come to PC too.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
#26 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
casual halo kinect confirmed, only way MMO would appeal to people from microsofts perspective
#27 Posted by PAL360 (28692 posts) -

I thought Bungie was making some kind of MMO, it takes place in space. I remember I even saw a screen shot of it. It's coming to PS4 and the next Xbox, might even come to PC too.

ShadowMoses900

Bungie is working on an Xbox 3 exclusive called Destiny. Apparently it's a MMO, yes.

#28 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26842 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

PAL360

Bungie is working on an Xbox 3 exclusive called Destiny. Apparently it's a MMO, yes.

Bungie sure is working on a lot of games. They are also working on an FPS trilogy for next gen consoles and PC.

#29 Posted by Thefatness16 (4673 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

PAL360

No it's a timed exclusive for the 360 and nextbox for 2013. In fall 2014, if deemed profitable it'll release on PS3, and it's not allowed to be on the PS4.

#30 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7683 posts) -
still bitter about h4?
#31 Posted by PAL360 (28692 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Thefatness16

No it's a timed exclusive for the 360 and nextbox for 2013. In fall 2014, if deemed profitable it'll release on PS3, and it's not allowed to be on the PS4.

Oh, my bad. I got the info from an Xbox site. For the obvious reasons, they didn't mention the PS3 version :P

#32 Posted by PAL360 (28692 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

R4gn4r0k

Bungie sure is working on a lot of games. They are also working on an FPS trilogy for next gen consoles and PC.

Nice....didn't know that!

#33 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
lemmings seriously getting owned this gen and looks like next now too. probLEM?
#34 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

Actually a Battlefront/Planetside kind of game in Halo's universe would be awesome :P

PAL360
that would be cool. where you play as a different class of soldier and every once in a while a random few users come in as a spartans or hunters or something like that. it wouldn't work though because everyone would want to be an odst :P
#35 Posted by Led_poison (10146 posts) -
Better be F2P
#36 Posted by PAL360 (28692 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

mems_1224

that would be cool. where you play as a different class of soldier and every once in a while a random few users come in as a spartans or hunters or something like that. it wouldn't work though because everyone would want to be an odst :P

Do you mean like playing as a Tank in L4D? Man, that would be pretty cool! Send that idea to 343, now :P

#37 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
So lems would probably have to pay to play their free to play MMO lol
#38 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
So lems would probably have to pay to play their free to play MMO lolkuraimen
warranty should cover it for a few years, then your right
#39 Posted by Cheleman (8195 posts) -

and... how is this a bad thing?

#40 Posted by RR360DD (13643 posts) -

More likely its 343s way of advancing console multiplater gaming forward in Halo 5 (like Bungie is with Destiny)

343 vs Bungie :twisted:

#41 Posted by RR360DD (13643 posts) -
So lems would probably have to pay to play their free to play MMO lolkuraimen
Nope, MMOs are free to play now. It will just have microtransactions.
#42 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]So lems would probably have to pay to play their free to play MMO lolRR360DD

If any company is stupid enough to still try a monthly subscription its definitely MS :lol:
#43 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]So lems would probably have to pay to play their free to play MMO lolmems_1224

If any company is stupid enough to still try a monthly subscription its definitely MS :lol:

loser
#44 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="RR360DD"] Nope, MMOs are free to play now. It will just have microtransactions. PinnacleGamingP

loser

u mad bro? still making out with your ps3?
#45 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26842 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]So lems would probably have to pay to play their free to play MMO lolRR360DD

Most of them are. And there is a reason for that: the market became oversaturated with them.

On consoles this is not the case so you don't know for sure that there won't be subscription fees.

#46 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] If any company is stupid enough to still try a monthly subscription its definitely MS :lol:mems_1224
loser

perfect. let this be a lesson for the rest of the loser lemmings, for next gen.
#47 Posted by MonsieurX (36674 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]loserPinnacleGamingP

Why haven't you visited the PASBR thread?
#48 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] u mad bro? still making out with your ps3?MonsieurX

Why haven't you visited the PASBR thread?

too may games on PS3 to keep up with the new ones, honestly.
#49 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]loserPinnacleGamingP

:lol: yea, u mad. flopstation no stars got your down?
#50 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] perfect. let this be a lesson for the rest of the loser lemmings, for next gen.mems_1224
:lol: yea, u mad. flopstation no stars got your down?

If any company is stupid enough to still try a monthly subscription its definitely MS mems