Titanfall removing content, while adding in paid content

  • 126 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for the_bi99man
#101 Posted by the_bi99man (11244 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@k2theswiss said:

pretty sure A lot of MP games update playlist quite a bit...

and yes game modes do die! It can become pretty hard find games on not so populated game modes in any game

In the old days (when gaming was good) pc gamers such as myself played titles like Quake 3. In it, people created servers.

Within those servers you could do cool things like use mods and cast votes for server rotation, gamemode and rule sets.

Then consoles appeared.

you can do that sort of shit in titanfall now...and have been able to with halo for years.

why don't you go make another quality thread about which is better....something like... panda's vs polarbears

Now, why did you incorrectly use the apostrophe in "panda's" (should just be pandas), but you didn't put an incorrect apostrophe in "polarbears"?

Also, unintelligentcup, stop being stupid.

Avatar image for nutcrackr
#102 Posted by nutcrackr (13029 posts) -

They created a blog and said nobody played those modes and it was hard to match into them. So they just moved it to variety pack.

It's not removing modes, it's shuffling them into a group of modes that you have to endure to get what you want to play.

Avatar image for Sweenix
#103 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Pretty weak.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#104 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27741 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

What do you mean you don't know? Low player count. How much more self explanatory can that get?

I feel like you're making an issue where there really isn't one.

I'm making an issue when a dev removes content people already paid for, yes.

Removing game modes when there are already so few is not done in my opinion. Some devs try to make sure everyone has a great time playing a game. Other devs, like Respawn, remove a game mode even though a minority still liked it.

Avatar image for nutcrackr
#105 Posted by nutcrackr (13029 posts) -

Respawn have been pretty good so far, I personally don't throw them out with the bathwater for making one mistake.

Ironically they kinda "fixed" CTF just a day before they removed the playlist, not even giving it a chance to recover.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#106 Edited by GarGx1 (9705 posts) -

What I struggle to understand is why anyone gave Respawn their hard earned money in the first place. Sure Titanfall may be a bit different to CoD but there are plenty of options for better games on PC, many of them being F2P and it was guaranteed that Respawn would bring their, honed to near perfection, money grabbing techniques with them.

3 map dlc, disabling 2 game modes and making it easier to shop from the game. Why do people give them money, especially PC gamers? why? WHY?

Avatar image for tormentos
#107 Edited by tormentos (26719 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

That's weird, i dont understand why they'd do that. must be that PC players really dont play those modes and people are sat waiting for matchmaking for too long. I dont have this issue on Xone though.

I bought the DLC, so far i have only paid swampland map which seems like it'll be a fun addition.

All other modes / additions will be free, they have said this several times already.

EDIT - They will still be playable under the "variety playlist" which is a mix of all modes......this just became a none story.

It doesn't matter if they don't play the modes or not,how in hell can respawn cut content from something i already pay for WTF....

My god this gen sucks..

@freedomfreak said:

@sts106mat said:

They can still play those modes in private matches or variety pack.

Respawn say that they cut it because PC players dont use the modes enough. there is no other reason to cut it... If its not used enough, removing it will stop people going in to those lobbies and being unable to find a match.

I personally stick to the attrition and variety.

They have promised additional modes are incoming (for free)

I'm not even counting variety pack, because that is not the same. And private matches only? C'mon..

It's just lame to cut content for it, even if it doesn't attract a lot of players. Refer to my COD comment. They don't pull this stuff.

Respawn is getting rid of content people paid for.

This...

Avatar image for tormentos
#108 Edited by tormentos (26719 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

That's weird, i dont understand why they'd do that. must be that PC players really dont play those modes and people are sat waiting for matchmaking for too long. I dont have this issue on Xone though.

I bought the DLC, so far i have only paid swampland map which seems like it'll be a fun addition.

All other modes / additions will be free, they have said this several times already.

EDIT - They will still be playable under the "variety playlist" which is a mix of all modes......this just became a none story.

It doesn't matter if they don't play the modes or not,how in hell can respawn cut content from something i already pay for WTF....

My god this gen sucks..

@freedomfreak said:

@sts106mat said:

They can still play those modes in private matches or variety pack.

Respawn say that they cut it because PC players dont use the modes enough. there is no other reason to cut it... If its not used enough, removing it will stop people going in to those lobbies and being unable to find a match.

I personally stick to the attrition and variety.

They have promised additional modes are incoming (for free)

I'm not even counting variety pack, because that is not the same. And private matches only? C'mon..

It's just lame to cut content for it, even if it doesn't attract a lot of players. Refer to my COD comment. They don't pull this stuff.

Respawn is getting rid of content people paid for.

This...

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#109 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27741 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

Respawn have been pretty good so far, I personally don't throw them out with the bathwater for making one mistake.

Ironically they kinda "fixed" CTF just a day before they removed the playlist, not even giving it a chance to recover.

How did they fix it ?

I haven't played the game for a while and wanted to jump in (and play CTF) with the latest patch.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#110 Posted by lundy86_4 (48887 posts) -

That seems kinda dumb. There may be some solid reasoning for it, but it's hard to tell with so little information. I could understand if the matchmaking was taking too long (which it isn't the quickest on the X1).

Still, they're playable under Variety mode, which has you playing a round of each game mode.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#111 Edited by jg4xchamp (61470 posts) -

They are taking 2 playlists that don't get action, and moving them into another playlist with a few of the other modes that don't get enough action+private matches.

Not exactly crazy decision making. You adjust to your games population overtime. It's not cutting content necessarily, it's organizing a more efficient group of playlists.

The big thing you get from this is that they seem to need to dial back on the playlist count within the first 3 months of that game. Which depending on how you look at it is also par for the course or kind of a big deal.

Avatar image for WiiMan21
#112 Edited by WiiMan21 (8191 posts) -

I wish I didn't buy the game.

It was fun for a few days but it became repetitive so ridiculously fast.

Avatar image for Masculus
#113 Posted by Masculus (2878 posts) -

Never bought the hype. Seens that the game is a disappointment.

Avatar image for Liquid_
#114 Edited by Liquid_ (3823 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

LOL only 3 multiplayer modes running on an ancient source engine in 792p with unstable framerate. Believe the hype indeed.

wrong clown

he is right actually. shouldnt you be playing titanfail?

Avatar image for SerOlmy
#115 Edited by SerOlmy (2369 posts) -

They just cut 2 game modes from public playlists at the same time they release a paid DLC with only 3 maps. As if the mount of content in this game wasn't already low enough, regardless it sounds about par for the course for EA. Judging by the fact that it has been $35-40 on Amazon since since April 1st, they are cutting game modes due to low player counts, and won't release sales numbers (just look at the article on Forbes last week where both EA and Respawn flat out refused to talk about sales numbers) I am betting this game VASTLY underperformed in sales and EA is panicking trying to salvage it.

I would love to see some data on player retention, because I would wager a fair amount that it is really really disappointing. But since EA is actively keeping a lid on sales data I don't see that happening any time soon. Anecdotally nearly everyone I've talked to and a good portion of online comments indicate that most people have stopped playing within the first month due to lack of content and other various reasons. It is not hard to figure out why; the game is mediocre at best and the definition of a generic shooter. Any other MP only shooter with this amount of content would have released at a $20-30 price point and would have done ok. But EA thinks they can polish this turd and sell it at full retail and then start selling map pack with only 3 maps and nothing else while they are at the same time trimming game modes.

Yeah, I'm glad I passed on this one, saw it coming a mile away. I called it months ago that this game would be dead within 6 months of release, it looks like it is well on it's way.

Avatar image for AmazonTreeBoa
#116 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I never had any intention of owning this game, so this has no effect on me. Sucks for those that are interesting in this boring looking game.

Avatar image for nutcrackr
#117 Posted by nutcrackr (13029 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

How did they fix it ?

I haven't played the game for a while and wanted to jump in (and play CTF) with the latest patch.

They made it so Titans could not carry the flag. Some people thought it broke the game (e.g. get a Stryder and charge your way back to base).

Avatar image for sherman-tank1
#118 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8315 posts) -

Would it be fair to say this game is a flop? I heard it was really fun at first but gets tiring and lacks the long term replay ability.

Avatar image for Mozuckint
#119 Edited by Mozuckint (831 posts) -

2 words Respawn: Server Browser.

Problem Solved.

It's the reason why so many FPS's older than you(on top of a few other reasons) are still enjoyed. Keep your garbage matchmaking system away from the PC.

Avatar image for superclocked
#120 Posted by superclocked (5864 posts) -

Maybe that's why it's on sale this weekend for $35 on Origin. We have Titanfall plus a season pass on my son's XB1, but I may pick it up for my PC at $35...

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#121 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (5228 posts) -

This is so stupid.

Avatar image for VendettaRed07
#122 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

how Microsoft of them

Avatar image for mbrockway
#123 Edited by mbrockway (3560 posts) -

I haven't been able to play a single dang game since I bought this piece of crap on PC.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#124 Edited by R4gn4r0k (27741 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

They made it so Titans could not carry the flag. Some people thought it broke the game (e.g. get a Stryder and charge your way back to base).

That sounds like a great change. Having your Titan follow you when you are carrying the flag is way better than being able to take the fast train (stryder) to your base.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#125 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

No surprise. Went out today and saw so many copies of Titanfall on the used racks, even for the 360. Dat replayability.

This game is dead.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#126 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@Mozuckint said:

2 words Respawn: Server Browser.

Problem Solved.

It's the reason why so many FPS's older than you(on top of a few other reasons) are still enjoyed. Keep your garbage matchmaking system away from the PC.

Yes, but that means Titanfall won't be allowed to fall into planned obsolescence when they release Titanfall 2.

Avatar image for MlauTheDaft
#127 Posted by MlauTheDaft (5189 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Mozuckint said:

2 words Respawn: Server Browser.

Problem Solved.

It's the reason why so many FPS's older than you(on top of a few other reasons) are still enjoyed. Keep your garbage matchmaking system away from the PC.

Yes, but that means Titanfall won't be allowed to fall into planned obsolescence when they release Titanfall 2.

Cynical.... But probable, IMO.