Titanfall, believe the hype!

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@blackace said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I watched my buddy play this for like an hour. Bored the pissed out of me. He loved it, but couldn't understand why it bored me.

Kind of reminds me of Sony's E3 conference. Again it put me asleep, especially when they started talking about TV, Statistics, Powers TV show, PSVita TV, etc.. .Zzzzz.... Zzzzzz. Pass out after 15mins. Have yet to fall asleep playing or watching Titanfall.

http://www.cnet.com/news/marvels-powers-comic-to-be-sonys-first-ps4-tv-show/

I wouldn't know. I didn't bother watching any of E3. Also not really sure what Sony has to do with anything I said or this thread. Is it really that hard for you to stay on topic? Must be A.D.D.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@SolidTy said:

@fgjnfgh: Two weeks of fun for me and I put it down. You are still in the two week phase. Have fun. I don't know if you'll be like me or if you'll end up playing it all year. All I know is you just got it so it's too early to tell where you'll fall into.

I know some people will enjoy it a long time, but others in my group just had a few weeks of fun and moved on. The bots and the setup just didn't wow us as much as we thought. It's also not a great co op game we could enjoy together either. I hope the next TF is more fleshed out with more Titans, more mechs, more modes, more weapons, and they add a sweet SP story driven campaign.

Anyways, this thread seemed like it was bumped, but it turns out you just got into the game. BTW: I'm not into Destiny either, the Alpha didn't do much for me. So far, I'm not into the big shooters I've played this gen.

Wolfenstein might be fun at a bargain. I'm digging what I got to play of it so far. Unless you're completely over shooting dudes in the face (a sentiment I get), but it's fun.

I am bored of FPS in general (unless innovative in some way) but I also heard that Wolfenstein is also a good bargain title to look at for down the road from another fellow SWer recently. I played the whole series so I may as well give it a shake. Perhaps I'll nab it in Nov. for $20. Right now polishing up the Backlog in the meantime.

Despite not digging the Alpha, I'm also going to try the Destiny Beta and give that game another go just in case considering it's free.

Thanks for the recommendation.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Have it on the PC, and its decent... feels too much like a console game though, with zero option to customize the game to your liking. The game gets old after a week the way it set up.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

You were promised this past march that a 1080p patch will come. We're 11th of July aaaaand this patch is where exactly? yeaaaaaaaaaa

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

this game isnt the reason to pick up the xb1.

i got it for a bday present and i thought it was great about 2 hours....but after the 2 hours, i knew i wasnt going to get hooked.

its a good game, but it doesnt do anything. kinda sad for a pure mp fps.

Different strokes for different folks :) Its cool

yup definitely and im not going to argue over opinions.

i dont like big maps and vehicles in my game. i thought titanfall was going to change that based on what i saw from e3 and all the hype. the gameplay changes once titans get there...and there are way too many bots and not enough player vs player action.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@fgjnfgh said:

Just grabbed X1 Titanfall bundle for $450 and this game blew my mind. I am not even sure if I want to buy Destiny anymore lol. Titanfall multiplayer is sick and it is becoming my favorite multiplayer game ever. Pretty sure I'll be playing it for along time and going to pass on Battlefield/CoD this year. Don't listen people complaining about offline bots crap, it's nothing and doesn't change or effect negatively on multiplayer at all. It's a different shooter kind of turned to strategy since your main focus is to kill real life players. Bots are minion that deal light damage and die fast (you can kill like 5 bots at the same time while you're trying to hunt for real life players), so that's why bots have no negative effects. Don't miss on the best multiplayer. This is not your old fashioned COD/Battlefield multiplayer. It's totally innovative. Grab the bundle it's a great offer.

IF you playing FPS games with controller pad .... you doing something wrong !! Let alone pay 450$ for this game

I did play FPS on keyboard/mouse and I prefer controller, so I am not wrong and buying a new console wouldn't just be for one game. I have Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Dead Rising, and a bunch of exclusives coming out this year like Sunset Over Drive, Halo, Ori.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 fgjnfgh
@jg4xchamp said:

@SolidTy said:

@fgjnfgh: Two weeks of fun for me and I put it down. You are still in the two week phase. Have fun. I don't know if you'll be like me or if you'll end up playing it all year. All I know is you just got it so it's too early to tell where you'll fall into.

I know some people will enjoy it a long time, but others in my group just had a few weeks of fun and moved on. The bots and the setup just didn't wow us as much as we thought. It's also not a great co op game we could enjoy together either. I hope the next TF is more fleshed out with more Titans, more mechs, more modes, more weapons, and they add a sweet SP story driven campaign.

Anyways, this thread seemed like it was bumped, but it turns out you just got into the game. BTW: I'm not into Destiny either, the Alpha didn't do much for me. So far, I'm not into the big shooters I've played this gen.

Wolfenstein might be fun at a bargain. I'm digging what I got to play of it so far. Unless you're completely over shooting dudes in the face (a sentiment I get), but it's fun.

have it on PS4. Best single player mode for a FPS game. I like how classic it is and developer didn't waste time developing a MP mode

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#108 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@fgjnfgh said:

@AzatiS said:

@fgjnfgh said:

Just grabbed X1 Titanfall bundle for $450 and this game blew my mind. I am not even sure if I want to buy Destiny anymore lol. Titanfall multiplayer is sick and it is becoming my favorite multiplayer game ever. Pretty sure I'll be playing it for along time and going to pass on Battlefield/CoD this year. Don't listen people complaining about offline bots crap, it's nothing and doesn't change or effect negatively on multiplayer at all. It's a different shooter kind of turned to strategy since your main focus is to kill real life players. Bots are minion that deal light damage and die fast (you can kill like 5 bots at the same time while you're trying to hunt for real life players), so that's why bots have no negative effects. Don't miss on the best multiplayer. This is not your old fashioned COD/Battlefield multiplayer. It's totally innovative. Grab the bundle it's a great offer.

IF you playing FPS games with controller pad .... you doing something wrong !! Let alone pay 450$ for this game

I did play FPS on keyboard/mouse and I prefer controller, so I am not wrong and buying a new console wouldn't just be for one game. I have Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Dead Rising, and a bunch of exclusives coming out this year like Sunset Over Drive, Halo, Ori.

You didnt buy X1 for its controller , you bought it for its games. You do play FPS the not optimal way yet you like it. Why someone that has a very , i repeat , VERY slightly difference controller makes such a difference ? I dont get you.

As for the games you mentioning ,none is any major title expect Halo.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By AzatiS

@fgjnfgh said:

@AzatiS said:

@fgjnfgh said:

You didnt buy X1 for its controller , you bought it for its games. You dont play FPS the optimal way yet you like it. Thats fine but thats not the ultimate experience controller wise , period. Therefore why someone that has a very , i repeat , VERY slightly difference controller feeling ( which in fact its almost the same ) makes such a difference for you ? I dont get you. I got sticks i got pad i got same buttons ....So ?

As for the games you mentioning ,none is any major title expect Halo.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 fgjnfgh

@AzatiS: I dont get you either. I just said I prefer the X1 controller over mouse/key board and games like Forza,Sunset,Titanfall, and Killer Instinct aren't major games to you (you might like goat simulator for all I care), but they are major games to me. Makes it worth the $450 for me and those games were only coming this year. Microsoft still has other exclusive coming later like Gears, Crackdown 3, Quantum Break, and Scalebound developed by the giant Platinum

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#111 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I only play it few times a week, but overall I think its a very good online fps, alot more enjoyable for me than any of the COD games after COD 2.

Not perfect, but the gameplay itself is pretty damn fun.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By AzatiS

@fgjnfgh said:

@AzatiS: I dont get you either. I just said I prefer the X1 controller over mouse/key board and games like Forza,Sunset,Titanfall, and Killer Instinct aren't major games to you (you might like goat simulator for all I care), but they are major games to me. Makes it worth the $450 for me and those games were only coming this year. Microsoft still has other exclusive coming later like Gears, Crackdown 3, Quantum Break, and Scalebound developed by the giant Platinum

You prefer doesnt mean is better. The optimal way to play FPS games it is K+M , thats a fact. If you dont like it or prefer it doesnt mean is not the optimal way . If you ever play with a controller VS a PC gamer youll understand by the outcome. Im not saying you should like it , im saying its the optimal. And its a fact it is.

Now about the games you mentioned , no they are not. Titanfall is not even exclusive to begin with. If you like them fine but dont tell me you choose them because of the controller or something because i should laugh out loud.

If you are fan of those franchises i dont see anything bad about it ...just i dont see any big deal either. Halo , Gears and maybe Scalebound and thats it. pew , pew and more pew ... Diversity of exclusives almost zero and those that bring some diversity are bad ( for example ryse ).

Now Titanfall is not even an exclusive to begin with , anyone with a decent PC can play the game on 720p , easily.

But anyways , i dont mind about games or your taste , if you like them so be it. But choose a console based on controllers ...really now ? Come on...

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#113 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I like how they optimized the game over the last few updates. Put in a few hours yesterday in the Xbox One version, and it seemed that overall the game was just running smoother than before with almost no screen tearing or frame rate hickups.....still a very thrilling game to play, looking forward to more dlc.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#114 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

meh, staying away from that game

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Are the servers still up?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@joel_c17 said:

Are the servers still up?

f2p incoming.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

It's a lot of fun. I need to get back to it... Haven't been playing many games recently.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Agreed. Titanfall is an amazing game. One of my favorite X1 games.